Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (8503 Views)

Akpabio’s Vehicle Collided With Ours – US Embassy / US Embassy Alleges Massive Rigging In Rivers, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by SkyBlue1: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2010
agitator:

You just hit the nail on the head. Painful but the truth, if you are humble you are weak. If Jonathan had made bold to take over power and the president miraculously returned, they would have criticized him as well. for wanting to overthrow the president.

I don't completely agree with you. I think people just want someone who can take control of the affairs of the country and give it some sense of direction. Do you feel this current leadership has a clear vision /direction and an agenda? If so please what are they and how are we going to get there?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Beaf: 11:35am On Dec 10, 2010
Sky Blue:

I don't completely agree with you. I think people just want someone who can take control of the affairs of the country and give it some sense of direction. Do you feel this current leadership has a clear vision /direction and an agenda? If so please what are they and how are we going to get there?

Tell me under whose govt you felt this so called "clear vision /direction and an agenda."

1. Babangida
2. Abacha
3. Obasanjo
4. Yar Adua

People just seem to be making up standards as they go along, but I feel it is only because this govt is the very first under which practical standards can begin to be discussed and that bewilders the average Nigerian who is more used to being beaten and spat on, who is also used to climbing over his next door neighbour and stamping his own kids underfoot in a vain bid to get a few drops of fuel. Times have changed, thanks to GEJ and there is more to come.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by babsmii(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2010
naijababe:

I like GEJ but I honestly do not think he has what it takes to lead Nigeria. Let's not confuse humility with naivety neither should we confuse impetousness with bravery. Clearly GEJ is humble and he has good intentions for the nation but he remains largely naive and lacks the political savviness to take the bulls by the horns when the need arises. Humility is good but decisiveness is even better.

The best thing  that can happen now is for him to lose the PDP primaries, he'll oversee a smooth and fair transition. This will earn him the respect of all Nigerians and he'll probably be the one that will truly merit the title " Father of Modern Nigeria".

yes i second that, its a good idea and i think if a "free and fair" election takes place where every vote counts, Atiku will not be anywhere near that seat, Ribadu should be riding on up there Hopeully at least they north would have no reason to say nonsense about zoning or no zoning again,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by SkyBlue1: 12:06pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

Tell me under whose govt you felt this so called "clear vision /direction and an agenda."

1. Babangida
2. Abacha
3. Obasanjo
4. Yar Adua

People just seem to be making up standards as they go along, but I feel it is only because this govt is the very first under which practical standards can begin to be discussed and that bewilders the average Nigerian who is more used to being beaten and spat on, who is also used to climbing over his next door neighbour and stamping his own kids underfoot in a vain bid to get a few drops of fuel. Times have changed, thanks to GEJ and there is more to come.

Dude I have simply decided I will not bother with you anymore. Perhaps the fact that you feel the need to use Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo and YarAdua as benchmarks for comparison says it all. You sound like a wife who has been so battered by her husband she doesn't know any better and hence sees it as normal. I make no apologies for having reasonable expectations, especially from a leader who came in the way Jonathan did, no forseeable godfather to please, etc. Please just ignore my posts from now on because I won't bother. It is not that we might have differing views, but more about the fact that you are only in it to "win" arguments in such pettishly childish ways, rather than actually having sincere and objective discussions where ever Jonathan is concerned (something I find disingenuous and irritating; definately not above the standards set by those on the forum who seem to dislike him based solely on his ethnicity (won't name names)). Have a nice day
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by xtianh(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
well if GEJ had said this in the past, and he fulfilled all he said it means that the man is a man of his word, and another thing i noticed was that at some point he was confused, to me i still think that wikileaks should leak this information to the bodies that needs it not to the entire public,
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Ess: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2010
Beaf:

1. Babangida
2. Abacha
3. Obasanjo
4. Yar Adua

Sky Blue:

Dude I have simply decided I will not bother with you anymore. Perhaps the fact that you feel the need to use Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo and YarAdua as benchmarks for comparison says it all. You sound like a wife who has been so battered by her husband she doesn't know any better and hence sees it as normal. I make no apologies for having reasonable expectations, especially from a leader who came in the way Jonathan did, no forseeable godfather to please, etc. Please just ignore my posts from now on because I won't bother. It is not that we might have differing views, but more about the fact that you are only in it to "win" arguments in such pettishly childish ways (rather than actually having sincere and objective discussions where ever Jonathan is concerned - something I find disingenuous and irritating; definately not above the standards set by those on the forum who seem to dislike him based solely on his ethnicity (won't name names)). Have a nice day

Seconded! Somethings are just not worth wasting time.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Muza(m): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
wikileaks seconded
GEJ = desperate Incompetent slowpoke. . . grin
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by saviola77(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2010
Muza:

wikileaks seconded
GEJ = desperate Incompetent slowpoke. . .  grin
do you mean he is slower than the late yar'adua? shocked shocked
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Muza(m): 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2010
saviola77:

do you mean he is slower than the late yar'adua? shocked shocked
i'm not a fan of yaradua or PDP, but i think GEJ will beat yara to the title of Mr go-slow
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by MaiSuya(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2010
Muza:

i'm not a fan of yaradua or PDP, but i think GEJ will beat yara to the title of Mr go-slow

GEJ slow? naa. . .

indecisive, weak, inexperienced will be more like it. . .
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2010
wrong thread!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by cjfavour(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
From all these written here, i've not seen where it's written that GEJ did a bad thing. All i've been seeing is a sign of a good patriot with good intention. His greatest undoing is the looters he surrounded himself with.
Aondakaa and co were having a field day during Yaradua administration. When an opportunity presented itself, the hawk from the north who have not been eaten supported GEJ to take over. Now they are eaten. When will this people stop looting our treasury?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2010
cjfavour:

From all these written here, i've not seen where it's written that GEJ did a bad thing. All i've been seeing is a sign of a good patriot with good intention. His greatest undoing is the looters he surrounded himself with.
Aondakaa and co were having a field day during Yaradua administration. When an opportunity presented itself, the hawk from the north who have not been eaten supported GEJ to take over. Now they are eaten. When will this people stop looting our treasury?

Same silly excuse people also Offered for Yar adua's handling of Nigeria. Do you folks even keep up at all? lol
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by ladej(m): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Same silly excuse people also Offered for Yar adua's handling of Nigeria. Do you folks even keep up at all? lol
same sheeeet different president. and everytime a new president comes it either he's God given [goodluck], hes a graduate [yar adua], hes born again [OBJ]. i wont even talk about the military as they came in with guns. when will we elect on merit??
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by 9ijaMan: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2010
ladej:

same sheeeet different president. and everytime a new president comes it either he's God given [goodluck], hes a graduate [yar adua], hes born again [OBJ]. i wont even talk about the military as they came in with guns. when will we elect on merit??
LMAO!
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Omenani(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2010
ladej:

You are definitely speaking the truth. Nigerians are always so optimistic.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by DisGuy: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2010
cjfavour:

and thats not a bad thing? in case you dont know being indecisive is a terrible thing!!!

who are these cabals and why hasnt Johnie done anything about them now that he is in charge; afterall the agric ministry had so many outstanding contract from ruma's time
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Dec 11, 2010
^^^ I thought he took care of them all when he fired Yar adua's cabinet members, and hired his own? Or are we still pretending there is some fanthom Cabal still out there that the president is not aware of, or probably a member of, milking the nation dry, without his consent?
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by ladej(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2010
there will always be a cabal in every government worldwide. the prayer is that their intentions are for the common good, rather than the evil ones we are used to. in the west i believe the term 'stakeholders' are used.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2010
Ok . Let's go with that for a minute or two. We demonized the last Cabal, accused them of some of the most heinous of crimes, and essentially blamed them for everything wrong with the nation then, then we turned around and did most everything wrong against our nation. Why does it still seem like the Cabal never really went away? lol
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by ladej(m): 7:55pm On Dec 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ok . Let's go with that for a minute or two. We demonized the last Cabal, accused them of some of the most heinous of crimes, and essentially blamed them for everything wrong with the nation then, then we turned around and did most everything wrong against our nation. Why does it still seem like the Cabal never really went away? lol
cos another set of cabal have been welcomed. tanimu et al have been forever banished [the Katsina caliphate]. grin. theophilus danjuma is a key member of jonny boy's cabal, the man who made 500 million dollars from the sale of an oil block in nigeria. profit
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Ibomade1: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2010
Interesting revelation but I'll still take all the media frenzy about wikileaks with a pinch of salt. because every embassy is supposed to report the state of affairs of the nation they are in bac k to their home nation.

Don't know for sure about Nigeria though but I think it won't be different.
Re: Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA by Kobojunkie: 12:45am On Dec 12, 2010
Ibo-made:

Interesting revelation but I'll still take all the media frenzy about wikileaks with a pinch of salt. because every embassy is supposed to report the state of affairs of the nation they are in bac k to their home nation.

Don't know for sure about Nigeria though but I think it won't be different.

That is part of what embassies are for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom Inaugurates Research Centre On HIV/AIDS (photos) / North Korea Warns Nigeria / Bauchi Assembly crisis escalates as APC lawmakers renege on peace pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.