Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! (4050 Views)

Saraki Senior And Junior Screen Audu Ogbeh / Buhari's Ministerial List: Tinubu "Punishes" SE, Pencils 'ogbeh' For SGF / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Joda, 85 year Old To Head His Transition Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by wales(m): 6:34am On Dec 09, 2010
Former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Audu Ogbeh, will head the Presidential campaign of Nuhu Ribadu, former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), NEXT has learnt.

A close aide of Mr. Ribadu who confirmed this stated that the choice of Mr. Ogbeh is “because of his demonstrated integrity, vision for Nigeria and ability to garner broad support for the candidacy of Mr. Ribadu.” Mr. Ogbeh joined the Action Congress in 2006 alongside former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar. Seen as one of the political leaders in Northern Nigeria, Mr. Ogbeh left the PDP following his fallout with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

He was ousted as PDP Chairman in January 2005 following his public criticism of the former President over the latter’s handling of the Anambra saga between the then Governor Chris Ngige, and his estranged ‘godfather’ Chris Uba. Mr Ogbeh, who was Chairman of the PDP from 2001 to 2005, had condemned Mr. Obasanjo for not calling Mr. Uba to order and stopping the carnage and destruction that went on in Anambra state during the crisis.

He was a member of the nine-man committee of the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) which chose Mr. Abubakar as consensus Northern aspirant for the PDP, though he reportedly voted for the Kwara State Governor, Bukola Saraki.

Ribadu to Kick start Campaign

Indications also emerged that Mr. Ribadu, who has chosen “A New Nigeria is Possible” as his campaign slogan, will commence his full campaign on December 15 when he is expected to hold a formal declaration.

Mr. Ribadu will challenge two other aspirants for the ticket of the Action Congress of Nigeria. They are Usman Bugaje, the national Secretary of the party, and Attahiru Bafarawa, the former governor of Sokoto State.

Should the ongoing discussions between the ACN and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) also come to fruition, Muhammadu Buhari, former military ruler and sole Presidential aspirant of the CPC will also be a contender for the ticket.

Bisi Akande, the outgoing national Chairman of the ACN had earlier confirmed the ongoing negotiations between both parties. While the ACN wants an outright merger of both parties to create a stronger party, the CPC wants an alliance that will see both parties present a single presidential candidate.

Chido Onumah, the director of communication of the Ribadu Campaign Organisation confirmed to NEXT that Mr. Ogbeh would head Mr.

Ribadu’s campaign while stating that other political parties and prominent personalities had also declared support for the aspirant.

“Our campaign is targeted at the average Nigerian, the man and woman on the street. That is why we are accepted not just by the traditional politicians, but by the millions of apolitical Nigerians. However, our ongoing widespread consultations led to the choice Chief Ogbeh who has shown himself as a man of courage who stands by the truth, as the Chairman of our campaign organisation,” Mr. Onumah stated.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5651654-147/ogbeh_to_head_ribadus_campaign_.csp
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by wales(m): 6:34am On Dec 09, 2010
I believe its the beginning of a new dawn in our country. lets all rise up to support this man. I belive he is still the best amongst all those who have declared to run for the presidency. Ribadu is very passionate for change and has a very clear understanding of what the issues are. We all can make this happen , the thieving elite group in this country are very minute, lets all rise up and support this good candidate.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Blazay(m): 9:44am On Dec 09, 2010
Please, speak for your self.
Mr. Ribadu Passion.
Not my team.

People's choice.
No money.
No rigging power.
Only God's blessing.

Losers all the way.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2010
This sounds good
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by daroz(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2010
What point is he (Audu Ogbeh) trying to make by 1st of all being a member of the nine-man committee of the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF), when he knows he is going to head the Presidential campaign of Nuhu Ribadu who belongs to an oposition party. These politicians are really confused. Or is it that they are already losing faith in that stupid Atiku? Even IBB is looking for a way to run to another party, after all his promises to stay with the decision of the commitee. NA WA O. This Ciroma and his crew just go fool themself for nothing.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Reference(m): 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2010
Good for establishment, bad for us. Audu Ogbeh is a survivalist. Except he's changed, he's not a moral man I'm afraid. Ribadu should pick someone his colour and size.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Homonide: 2:01pm On Dec 09, 2010
wales:

A close aide of Mr. Ribadu who confirmed this stated that the choice of Mr. Ogbeh is “because of his demonstrated integrity, vision for Nigeria and ability to garner broad support for the candidacy of Mr. Ribadu.” Mr. Ogbeh joined the Action Congress in 2006 alongside former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar. Seen as one of the political leaders in Northern Nigeria, Mr. Ogbeh left the PDP following his fallout with former president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

He was a member of the nine-man committee of the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) which chose Mr. Abubakar as consensus Northern aspirant for the PDP, though he reportedly voted for the Kwara State Governor, Bukola Saraki.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Why did he  associate himself with the northern oligarchy's 'convenient candidate' before? As far as i'm concerned, any leader that has been associated with that parochial charade is nothing but an enemy of democracy and the hoi polloi in Nigeria.

He's supposedly an ACN member, and he worked for the consensus bullshit, when it was largely a PDP jamboree? And this guy expects us to take him seriously?

Ribadu had better look for a more credible politician as his Campaign manager, people like Audu Ogbeh are nothing but 'come and chop' politicians who won't work for the progress of this Nation.

Lest i forget, Mr Ribadu should come out to tell Nigerians what assets he had before being the EFCC Chair, and how much he is worth now, AND HOW HE MADE HIS MONEY!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Pataki: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2010
The same Audu Ogbeh of PDP then? grin

This has got to be a ridiculous joke from Ribadu. Keep it up - you might end up usurping Ali Baba as Nigeria's no1 comedian.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by lovejo(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2010
even the north don't trust ribadu, he is not that good to be called messiah.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by hbrednic: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ogbeh + Ribadu + Ibb, should form an alliance of confused politicians political party CPPP cheesy
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by zaza1(m): 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2010
i knew Ribadu sef would soon start to mess himself, Audu Ogbeh of all people, the person who just helped in choosing a consensus candidate for PDP is the only person in this whole country of 150million people he saw to choose, i will stick to Jonathan o, that's if my vote will count sef, dis one that they have started stealing DDC machines
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by bignaija(m): 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2010
that is great
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by justokey(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2010
hbrednic:

Ogbeh + Ribadu + Ibb, should form an alliance of confused politicians political party CPPP cheesy

Add Atiku+GEJ, who is even left??
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by reindeer: 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2010
I am worried about his choice for campaign manager.
Looking at it, i wish people like Ribadu, Soyinka and other progressives should try to wrest the legislative from the touts there now.If we take back our legislature from the thugs, we can eventually take back the country.I think aiming from the highest office may not be the best, too many compromises will need to be made.
If progressives take back the country constituency by constituency, there may actually be hope for the country.
I will love to see a Ribadu as speaker of the house/senate president for a while before aiming for higher office, then he may not need to make the magnitude of compromises that will be required of him at this stage.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Jarus(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
daroz:

What point is he (Audu Ogbeh) trying to make by 1st of all being a member of the nine-man committee of the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF), when he knows he is going to head the Presidential campaign of Nuhu Ribadu who belongs to an oposition party. These politicians are really confused. Or is it that they are already losing faith in that silly Atiku? Even IBB is looking for a way to run to another party, after all his promises to stay with the decision of the commitee. NA WA O. This Ciroma and his crew just go fool themself for nothing.
I'm lost too o
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Kx: 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2010
Ribadu is riding on the wings of change, yet has chosen an over recycled Ogbeh.
Does he not trust his age group enough to head his campaign team?
Same old story. New bottle, same old wine.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by anonimi: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by akinnux(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
Which Audu Ogbeh are we talking about here? Is it the same man that served in the Ciroma Committee that selected Atiku Abubakar as PDD consensus candidate of the North! I am really surprised that Ribadu could associate with such unstable fellow. He has lost my confidence and I am afraid he may lose my vote also.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by md4real(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2010
Blazay:

Mr. Ribadu Passion.
Not my team.

People's choice.
No money.
No rigging power.
Only God's blessing.

Losers all the way.

the church truth
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by slap1(m): 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
Why not Adamu Ciroma or Shehu Shagari, then?
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by hasyak(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2010
lovejo:

even the north don't trust ribadu, he is not that good to be called messiah.

amongst the contestants we have so far, whom among them is a messiah? nobody said Ribadu is one, but the major challenge in governance in this country is corruption, and to some of us, we believe he will make a change. cos he knows where all the corruption takes places. we need to shift from the norm to get results, we have gone thru the same cycle before, let for once let us chose a person that we can trust irrespective of sentiments.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by hasyak(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
Blazay:

Mr. Ribadu Passion.
Not my team.

People's choice.
No money.
No rigging power.
Only God's blessing.

Losers all the way.
if many still think with this mindset, then my God help us. pls this time around votes will count, NEED MONEY OR RIGGING should not play major part in this coming election.

but if want to sell your future, then collect the money and allow them rig. but i guess u r better than that
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by MUZBO(m): 5:00pm On Dec 09, 2010
Even if I contest against Ribadu, I'll vote for him!!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by chosen6(f): 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2010
MUZBO:

Are you kidding?
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by tolu001: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2010
If ACN knows what is good for them, they should just form an alliance with CPC, present Buhari as their flag bearer, and look  for a credible vice presidential candidate who must be a woman and a christian. With that strategy, i see them giving whoever emerges as the PDP presidential candidate a flawless defeat once they open their eyes wide and make sure they checkmate almost every possible means of rigging  by the PDP.

Ordinarily, if these parties truly know their onions well, PDP can NEVER win the presidential seat (either with GEJ or Atiku)except by massive rigging like they have always done in the past.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by sley4life(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2010
ribadu will loose gallantly
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by hasyak(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2010
sley4life:

ribadu will loose gallantly

but at least he gave u an option for CHANGE!!!!!!!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by koolboi(m): 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2010
Option ko, option ni,na today? because they made him popular by making him efcc boss next thing he wants is presidency to chop his share
hasyak:

but at least he gave u an option for CHANGE!!!!!!!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by MaiSuya(m): 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2010
MUZBO:

ROTFLMAO!!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by Kaestro(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2010
Audu Ogbeh as portrayed will only be managing the campaign, I see no reason why that should be an impediment for Ribadu. Granted, he may have had his hands soiled from his previous associations but if he could stand and oppose OBJ during the Anambra crisis then he at least has an element of integrity. That counts. I believe PDP may have tried to use Ogbeh perhaps because of is qualities. PDP members are humans and yes, they try unsuccessfully though, to utilize the best brains they can acquire.
Although I'm not fully aware of the candidates so far however we should not be swayed by issues as trivial as this. Ribadu falls into the same category as described of Ogbeh, the OBJ tried to use him for his POTENTIALS which we can't deny he possess.

Ribadu is worth the effort, after all OBJ was a gamble, so was Yar Adua and so is every choice one has to make when it comes to voting.
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by ladi02(m): 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2010
This cant be right. . .Ribadu pls dont fall my hand!
Re: Ogbeh To Head Ribadu’s Campaign ! by sshalom(m): 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2010
While I am not enamored with Audu Ogbeh running Ribadu's campaign for Nigeria's presidency, I hope he can help in pushing the dream of the Czar to a good location.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minimum Wage Won’t Solve Nigeria’s Problem –lawmaker / Amaechi Goes To CNN To Press Case Against The President. / The O'odua Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.