Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,257 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian (2374 Views)

Ekweremadu: Nobody Told Me About Kidney Transplant, Alleged Donor Tells Uk Court / I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / We Want Referendum Not Asylum, IPOB Tells UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2020
UK-based Nigerian businessman who visited Nigeria for his brother's traditional wedding in December, has recounted how he was dehumanized by some military officers.

According to the distraught man, they were stopped and tortured for no reason by four soldiers attached to Battalion 144 of the Nigeria Army at Osisioma area of Abia State.

An Army Captain who led the torture reportedly told him that he will be be deported from the foreign country he is based in when he is done with the act. The Captain reportedly boasted about his brother being the Chief of Air Staff and further stated that in Nigeria there is no human right unlike other countries.

@DexyUK narrated the heart-breaking experience on Instagram and he also revealed that they were freed by the soldiers who accused them of being kidnappers after paying N50k.

He wrote;
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/1/we-dont-have-human-rights-in-nigeria-army-officer-tells-uk-based-nigerian-businessman-he-dehumanized-2.html

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
Sad

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Horus(m): 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frioA5XIISU

No More Human Rights Abuses By The Nigerian Army
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2020
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frioA5XIISU

No More Human Rights Abuses By The Nigerian Army

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by gidgiddy: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Unfortunately the Captain is right, there is no human rights in Nigeria. Hunsn rights is one of the things used in knowing a country that is guided by the rule of law

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Frontpage Lalastiscala,Obinocopy,Seun,Mydd44
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Ojiofor: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2020
Bandits in military uniform.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Xisnin(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
While the Captain should be punished for the torture and extortion, you couldn't be arrested
for no reason(even irrational one).
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 26, 2020
Xisnin:
While the Captain should be punished for the torture and extortion, you couldn't be arrested
for no reason(even irrational one).
They said he was a kidnapper, someone that just came from UK. Why did they then collect money and release him then?
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2020
gidgiddy:
Unfortunately the Captain is right, there is no human rights in Nigeria. Hunsn rights is one of the things used in knowing a country that is guided by the rule of law
Nigerians have never had it this bad, not even under Abacha. Buhari has no respect for the rule of law or the courts. And the army and police are taking after the precedence he has set.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
Animals always terrorizing and intimidating unarmed civilians.
Send them to fight Boko Haram now they will become cowards.
Zoo country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Horus(m): 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-Akcna9yg

Nigeria: Military Holding Children as Boko Haram Suspects
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by alfasexy: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
That's the zoo for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Jayess: 6:10pm On Jan 26, 2020
It's sadly true! embarassed Even the right to live, you have to beg for it from even military men, not to talk of herders, Boko Haram, Ritualists etc. The Tale of a Barbaric Country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Xisnin(m): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They said he was a kidnapper, someone that just came from UK. Why did they then collect money and release him then?
I believe the story but I am just making a point that he couldn't be arrested for no reason.
In fact, not including the "kidnapper" accusation angle makes the story less convincing.
Those soldiers were rogues and thieves.
What he should do is petition the Army HQ and the GOC of the criminal captain.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Ustec: 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
You dey show yourself against Nigerian army abi,
I pity your bloody bodylipsrsealed
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
Jayess:
It's sadly true! embarassed Even the right to live, you have to beg for it from even military men, not to talk of herders, Boko Haram, Ritualists etc. The Tale of a Barbaric Country
cry
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
Xisnin:

I believe the story but I am just making a point that he couldn't be arrested for no reason.
In fact, not including the "kidnapper" accusation angle makes the story less convincing.
Those soldiers were rogues and thieves.
What he should do is petition the Army HQ and the GOC of the criminal captain.
Are you sure you live in Nigeria?They arrest people for no reason all the time. They arrested my Dad previously when he was taking materials he was using to build our house and labelled him an armed robber, even though he showed them his company card. He would have been held overnight if it wasn't for the fact we knew senior officers to get him released.
Don't you travel on the highways and see how they hold people to ransom for not paying a bribe they demand. That was likely his only sin.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Xisnin(m): 6:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Are you sure you live in Nigeria?They arrest people for no reason all the time. They arrested my Dad when he was taking materials he was using to build our house and arrested him and labelled him an armed robber, even though he showed them his company card.
They didn't arrest him for no reason.
They accused him of armed robbery.
Spot the difference?

Even the notorious SARS gives reason for arrest and extortion(whether false or true).
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
Xisnin:

They didn't arrest him for no reason.
They accused him of armed robbery.
Spot the difference?

Even the notorious SARS gives reason for arrest and extortion(whether false or true).
I don't know which Nigeria you live in. Don't give them bribe and they will label you a kidnapper or armed robber.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Xisnin(m): 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I don't know which Nigeria you live in. Don't give them bribe and they will label you a kidnapper or armed robber.
How does this negate my points?
Nobody ever gets arrested for "no reason".
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
Who knows any living lineage of lord lugard.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 26, 2020
alfasexy:
That's the zoo for you.

Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2020
Ustec:
You dey show yourself against Nigerian army abi,
I pity your bloody bodylipsrsealed
When they heard his British accent, the bribe amount would have increased.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
Xisnin:

How does this negate my points?
Nobody ever gets arrested for "no reason".
If they believe he was a kidnapper, they would have handed him over to the police to charge him to court. Instead they collected 50k bribe, which shows their primary motive.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Who knows any living lineage of lord lugard.
grin
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by DaBullIT(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2020
Wait

or don't wait , even though we know our armed forces are wicked and mad in general , i feel this story has Kleg
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Dedetwo(m): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2020
I would have gotten the ninny called Captain killed one way or another.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2020
DaBullIT:
Wait

or don't wait , even though we know our armed forces are wicked and mad in general , i feel this story has Kleg
Which Kleg?You know no one will argue with a madman with a gun.

Why they did they extort 50k then?
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by ardrockltd(m): 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nigeria!!!
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Racoon(m): 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
Nigeria is indeed a zoo.Nothing is going to work until God nuke and let Nigeria start afresh.
Re: We Don't Have Human Rights In Nigeria - Army Officer Tells UK-Based Nigerian by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
ardrockltd:
Nigeria!!!
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kalu Sister Is A Police Officer Still Serving In NPF - Uwazurike / IPOB Members Wants To Kill Me BBC Igbo Reporter Cries Out - PHOTOS / 2023:bola Ahmed Tinubu In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.