Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? (64129 Views)

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2020
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by donstan18: 6:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him wen we get home...we ended up using the money to get chicken,pepper and other stuffs,on getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise,he gave me and I transferred the money.
See this one oooo...grin grin grin

So because he was bold enough to take his money back as agreed without any atom of shame, you are pissed?

Why were you surprised he took it back?

Was that not your agreement with him?

What a bold man he is, if men can be that bold to you women, we won't have much complaints from men.

Nonesense and POS.

642 Likes 47 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Oluwaphemite(m): 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
Report him to DSS, let them tell you what next.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
angry angry angry

That's a real OG. The real hackagon.

Na sense and overwisdom go kill that guy. cheesy

In case of separation, no one get used. So it is a win-win situation from the scratch. No one loses.
I hope your back never dey ground.

293 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 26, 2020
Oluwaphemite:
Report him to DSS, let them tell you what next.
Pls get serious

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls get serious

cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's a million dollar advise. There is nothing you can do to fix a stingy dude.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
he never take you go cinema, shopping, beach?

Dump his broke ass.

99 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2020
Op is he from ijebu town? ijebu man that studied business administration/Economics na double wahala o

262 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2020
[quote author=EfonAlaaye2023 post=86131058]Op is he from ijebu town? ijebu man that studied business administration/Economics na double wahala o[/quote
Not atall
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 26, 2020
okorotalkative:
he never take you go cinema, shopping, beach?

Dump his broke ass.

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread

98 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Auntyesther(f): 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2020
If he isn't spending on you now be calm he is saving money to come marry you... This is what the egocentric alpha males and the wife materials on social media are going to tell you. But ma, if you can cope with that character in future then keep up with him if not, give him the marching order!

134 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
Auntyesther:
If he isn't spending on you now be calm he is saving money to come marry you... This is what the egocentric alpha males and the wife materials on social media are going to tell you. But ma, if you can cope with that character in future then keep up with him if not, give him the marching order!

Thanks

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread

Runu o

11 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by tabithababy(f): 7:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Op, I beg you , forget the guy

Or prepare to feed him, his kids, his family and side chicks from your own money

He keeps seeing you as a fo'ool.... Am very sure you are giving him free sex, money, food and even calling him with your money

Loove ooooo

165 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by DonEd(m): 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2020
A man that cannot give to u and claims to love u is a big liar.

In ur case, it ought to be a symbiotic relationship cos at least u r earning ur own money.

Hon, flee for ur destiny not just ur life.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Freestainworld(m): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2020
some men shaa, they will be looking for a wife material as if its a bedshit or pillow case in the market but they are not husband material.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by seankafor(m): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
That niggi na GOAT..

Op all I have to tell you is this..

tongue tongue tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2020
You can TAKE IT or LEAVE IT... The choice is yours but you certainly can't change that man. That's who he is and if you are seeking for someone to care about you (financially) then you are on a long thing.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
You can TAKE IT or LEAVE IT... The choice is yours but you certainly can't change that man. That's who he is and if you are seeking for someone to care about you (financially) then you are on a long thing.

I ave my own job and a well paying job..I don’t need a man to b dere financially but is there a big deal in a man buying gifts for some1 he claims to love not necessarily money

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
DUMP HIS STINGY ASS. Love is giving and if he is too stingy to give then he isn't worth it. The best way to handle mofos like him is stop giving him. When he comes to your place, give him cold water to drink. If there is no light, give him lukewarm water. When you go to his place, make sure you eat well before reaching there. Don't buy him gifts. Call him on WhatsApp call (don't use your credit to call).

Don't spend a dime on his stingy ass and give him as hard as he gives you. Tit for tat.

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
I ave my own job and a well paying job..I don’t need a man to b dere financially but is there a big deal in a man buying gifts for some1 he claims to love not necessarily money

You will never be able to FORCE a man into believing you "deserve" a gift, if he does NOT believe you deserve one.... Women do it all the time in r/ship... and what this man is doing is just the same.

The sad part here is that you believe that HE is the problem while the reality is that YOU ARE... This man is being honest and himself for MANY YEARS and you are trying to change him instead of simply getting rid of him. HE IS NOT YOUR TYPE, HE IS NOT THE TYPE OF MAN YOU DESIRE SO WHAT ARE YOU STAYING FOR?!

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Omar09(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

HE IS NOT YOUR TYPE, HE IS NOT THE TYPE OF MAN YOU DESIRE SO WHAT ARE YOU STAYING FOR?!

Money. Status of I have a boyfriend. Hoping for marriage. The list could go on. Pls don't ask me to continue. I can't go past three.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
Omar09:

Money. Status of I have a boyfriend. Hoping for marriage. The list could go on. Pls don't ask me to continue. I can't go past three.

U can continue...u are really making sense to me

4 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Yustash001(m): 9:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
EfonAlaaye2023:
Op is he from ijebu town? ijebu man that studied business administration/Economics na double wahala o
Lol...as in..

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by sophtcopy: 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2020
Well he may be stingy as you presumed
And
He may not be stingy as it seems. He may just be testing you to know if you're a real white wife materia ...anywhichone, only time can tell

5 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by CANDYDADDY(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2020

op i heard about your story on osun radio 104.5fm yesterday, or are you not the one?

when men are clamouring for gender equality especially on financially aspect(who to spend in a relationship),ya'll irritating feminist frown at it

it always been men spending,now it lady,expect feminist to come for this post

41 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Problemkid1: 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2020
donstan18:

See this one oooo...grin grin grin

So because he was bold enough to take his money back as agreed without any atom of shame, you are pissed?

Why were you surprised he took it back?

Was that not your agreement with him?

What a bold man he is, if men can be that bold to you women, we won't have much complaints from men.

Nonesense and POS.
grin grin
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Omar09(m): 2:46am On Jan 27, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

U can continue...u are really making sense to me

Peer pressure. That's how far I could go.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Vega100: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page
I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love..There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now,I don’t knw what to call his behavior whether is stinginess or the other way round...I noticed that whenever he comes visiting,he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him,I was forced to talk 1day...the last tym he came visiting,he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself..I decided not to cook all do anything but I cudnt take it so we went out to buy stuffs..I needed to use pos and I forgot my Fone at home,so I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him wen we get home...we ended up using the money to get chicken,pepper and other stuffs,on getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise,he gave me and I transferred the money...My major concern is that this guy has never given me common #10 and he is working..I don’t know if he worth’s settling down with cos I fear for my future,will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me....pls no insults,just advise

I now understand why u looking for a a new Boyfriend Bestie,

Well being serious on this one, that guy is a no good!!! I'll strongly advise you break up with him! End it, don't make the mistake of marrying him, a guy that has never spent a kobo on you, will definitely reciprocate the same in marriage and that will not last.
A man that claims to be in love with someone to marry, should be responsible enough to share things he has, and vice versa (the woman should be able to as well)
Now this is on the premise that you also share what you have with him.
But if it happens to be a case where you are also treating him the same way, then I'll say both of you fit yourselves, and deserve to be together!, unfortunately na una kids go suffer am.

Before you leave him though, it will be good you tell him why u leaving, so he can hopefully learn and improve on his subsequent relationships because needs to learn the place of responsibility to be a husband!..

If I may ask, what state are you and how old are you?

26 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Vega100: 10:00am On Apr 02, 2020
tabithababy:
Op, I beg you , forget the guy

Or prepare to feed him, his kids, his family and side chicks from your own money

He keeps seeing you as a fo'ool.... Am very sure you are giving him free sex money, food and even calling him with your money

Loove ooooo

It is because of people like you I now pay every lady I f*uck, and now see all like sex workers, na still because of people like you to see wife done hard me, despite how hard I try!!!
E no go better for all the women like you when don make every girl look like common prostitutes, e no go better for all of una one bit, the God i serve go punish all of una finish and make it also hard for you to see any good thing in this life.

Amen!!!

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Petyprincess(f): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2020
I can't cope at all!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

This Is How I Treat Guys Without Beard (Pictured) / 25 Vs 45 - Woman Shares Before/after Photos And She Hasn't Aged A Day / Tolulope Fatunbi: Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With Fleets Of Drones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.