Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,464 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation (10992 Views)

Yusuf Alabi: Peter Obi Meets Young Boy Who Stood In Front Of His Car / Faruk Yahaya Meets Olowu Of Kuta, Renews Commitment To Nation’s Security (pics) / Adefeniku Imole: Governor Akeredolu Meets Young Artist Who Drew His Portrait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by vigopress: 10:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
27th January, 2020

Gombe set to diversify economy through science, technology, innovation

Governor Muhamnadu Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe state has assured of his administration's determination to improve the economy of the state through prioritizing investment on science, technology and innovation.

He made the remark at the official opening ceremony of the 2020 Exposition on Science, Technology, Innovation, Agriculture and Mineral Resources in Gombe.

Governor Yahaya described the event as a collective resolve by the government, people of the state and other stakeholders to interact in showcasing human and natural resources with a view to harnessing them for the socio-economic development of the state.

He noted that the state was unable realize its potentials in terms of science, technology and innovation into projects and programmes in the past due to weak linkages between research institutions and industries, low level of investment on science, technology and innovation as well as lack of uptake of research results among others.
He however assured that the present administration is committed to achieving those feats within the shortest possible time.

Governor Yahaya also called for synergy among researchers, inventors, industries and tertiary institutions to enhance effective domestication of the national science, technology and innovation road map, 2030.

He said, "I also wish to call on the organized private sector to explore ways of partnering with tertiary institutions and government MDAs in commercializing the viable products for the benefit of the society".

He added that, "when the Dadinkowa hydro power plant is commissioned, my government will ensure establishing a conducive atmosphere for science, technology and innovation operational activities, in addition to our resolve to set up industrial park to attract foreign direct investment and stimulate the economy".

Earlier in her remarks, the State Commissioner of Science, Technology and Innovation, Dr Aishatu Umar Maigari said the annual exposition event serves as an avenue for investors, researchers, innovators and producers to come together with a view to commercializing the research results, products as well as value additions on various raw materials for improved revenue generation.

The Commissioner presented to the Governor, the 774 young Nigerian scientists presidential award winners to the state governor for award presentation.

Highlights of the occasion was exhibition of some ICT innovation products by some researchers and young talents currently receiving training and support at the state's Technology Incubation Centre.

Ismaila Uba Misilli
Senior Special Assistant
( Media and Publicity)

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2020
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by money121(m): 5:58am On Jan 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by qanda: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2020
Good

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by solmusdesigns: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2020
grin

many Northern youths are innovative, but their greedy elders wont let them shine.. i remember sometimes few years ago when Habokkiis designed a PVC pipe LED AA battery using lamp and where hawking it about, i was currious and i bought one, and it was not only very effective it used lesser energy

Young Habokii youth are inventing sucide bomb vest and new drugs to get high by sniffing soak away , gum , and reptile feaces... if Government sponsor them t get proper training, i see them producing Nuclear bombs and Hybrid of cheaper crack cocaine

8 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by largehead: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2020
Stf-UP

The Average northerner knows nothing about science and technology.

Creating Avenue for money Laundering.

Rubbish et Ingredient.

2 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by ursullalinda(f): 5:59am On Jan 28, 2020
OP what's in the picture?......Is that the new discovery or innovation?

2 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Opexzy: 5:59am On Jan 28, 2020
What is this?

Please let's be guided in this country, we play too much and pay unnecessary attention to mediocrities. It's good to appreciate and publicise innovations, but that's when it's truly innovative and not a quack replica of an existing one.

We need to do better as a nation to move forward.

#ProRestructureNigeria

7 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Toosure70: 6:00am On Jan 28, 2020
Toaskarity:
Lol
real lol o

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:01am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Nobody: 6:01am On Jan 28, 2020
Boko is haram but you can study Kworanic science

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 28, 2020
.. Abeg, make i ask.. I wan buy bitcoin, let's say 20k, how can I make it increase? How can I avoid losses too and which application do u suggest Cox I just downloaded luno?

Is ethernum/ litecoin also a good option?

ursullalinda NaijaOlosho
Aunties, Aya yin lomu wa
I want to fvck every girl in the world, ehhh
Set awon lol Wayne
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by osamz007: 6:06am On Jan 28, 2020
E go packup If na for This NIGERIA

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by macpetrus(m): 6:06am On Jan 28, 2020
The time is due already... Young innovative and SME need to be encouraged

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Simplebeauty: 6:06am On Jan 28, 2020
grin
if our leaders create the enabling environment for talents to shine... Nigeria for don better tay tay
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by anonimi: 6:07am On Jan 28, 2020
largehead:
Stf-UP

The Average northerner knows nothing about science and technology.

Creating Avenue for money Laundering.

Rubbish et Ingredient.

Largehead wey smart die cheesy grin
What is the rate of children out of school in Gombe doing almajiri?
Has the governor ensured 100% enrolment of all children in primary, secondary, vocational and technical schools before this mumucious show to wow the abokiis?
Is it not the same Gombe reported below

cuiz:
A boarding school in Gombe, Government Science Secondary School, Kaltungo in Southern Gombe State, always pray against rainfall as a result of their dilapidated building.

Reports gathered by Punch correspondents, says the students of the school are always praying against rainfall, even the teachers.

According to the pupils, they barely sleep as they are awake to always park water whenever it rains, they also added that they have converted most of their classrooms to hostels, still is not enough for the population.

They also complained that they have over 26 classrooms but just two are good whenever it rains it disrupts the lessons as students ran for safety.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10494308_building_jpeg1c8bce9c6dd2d24db78681f5414def36

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10494311_buildi_jpegd8826d625688f88021244d2e21978d47

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by largehead: 6:10am On Jan 28, 2020
anonimi:

Largehead wey smart die cheesy grin
What is the rate of children out of school in Gombe doing almajiri?
Has the governor ensured 100% enrolment of all children in primary, secondary, vocational and technical schools before this mumucious show to wow the abokiis?
Is it not the same Gombe reported below

Our Mumu don do wlh

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by anonimi: 6:11am On Jan 28, 2020
solmusdesigns:
grin

many Northern youths are innovative, but their greedy elders wont let them shine.. i remember sometimes few years ago when Habokkiis designed a PVC pipe LED AA battery using lamp and where hawking it about, i was currious and i bought one, and it was not only very effective it used lesser energy

Young Habokii youth are inventing sucide bomb vest and new drugs to get high by sniffing soak away , gum , and reptile feaces.

So why do they need less than half the points of southerners to get into Unity schools paid with oil revenue and VAT of the southern people?

charlycharles:
Cut-off marks for entrance to Federal UNITY Schools for all 36 states and the FCT
••••
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Bayelsa – Male (72) Female (72)
Benue – Male (111) Female (111)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Cross-Rivers – Male (97) Female (97)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)
Kogi – Male (119) Female (119)
Kwara – Male (123) Female (123)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Niger – Male (93) Female (93)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara – Male (4) Female (2)
FCT Abuja – Male (90) Female (90)

After 50 years of Independence, the government of the so called disadvantaged regions ought to have done something to address the situation. You cannot continue to spoon-feed a child and expect that same child to grow, mature and be independent. A student from Abia scores 130 in the Federal Commonwealth Entrance exam, yet it's almost impossible to gain admission in the school of his choice, yet another child from Zamfara will score less than 5 and gain same admission seamlessly. How do you encourage such a child that hard work and merit pays?

Look at all the appointments the president has made so far, over 90% from the north. They are telling us they are based on merit. My question is how comes, when it comes to appointment, they are hiding under merit to appoint only their own, but when it comes to exams and admission into Federal institutions, they bring in Federal character. I'm an advocate of merit, hardwork, transparency, objectivity and emperical selection process. That way you encourage everybody to work hard for whatever he/she wants. After all, the Bible says, "he who does not work, let him not eat". It's against natural and spiritual justice and principle to take from those who work and give to those who don't work.

That in itself is the root of corruption Nigeria. I support the President's fight against corruption. I advocate the enthronement of merit and objectivity in our national life. So, Mr. President, if you are serious about your anti-corruption mantra, If you are serious about this your new "merit" policy, let's go back to the basis. Start by eliminating all forms of quota system and federal character in the admission process into Unity schools, Federal universities and recruitment/employment into all federal civil service, agencies, parastatals and let's see who will be qualified. That's my humble submission.

5 Likes

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by anonimi: 6:13am On Jan 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by largehead: 6:14am On Jan 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2020
Abokiis & developments for the Glam...
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by solmusdesigns: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2020
anonimi:

So why do they need less than half the points of southerners to get into Unity schools paid with oil revenue and VAT of the southern people?

Stop making it seem like North dont pay tax, they do, infact they have some of the highest paying companies paying tax (Dangote and BUA group)

now to answer your question in simple terms

each state has its quota in the unity schools, South East quota is overly subscribed because SouthEast think only through western education can they survive, NorthEast and NorthWest prefer Islamic Education and traditional farming and animal husbandry local education which means Northern quota in Unity schools are least subscribe to, and in other to fill up their own quota non northern indigenes residing in the north gets admitted(my mum used northern Kano state quota) the remaining slots are shared among intrested low scoring northerners
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by OakConsultNG: 6:18am On Jan 28, 2020
Interesting..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Goldencheese(m): 6:24am On Jan 28, 2020
That's the way to go.
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2020
Abokii Politician & achievements for the Glam. Wetin abokii man know than to sell pepper & brutalize people?
Science & Technology ko, Science & Terrorism ni...
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:25am On Jan 28, 2020
Abokii Politician & achievements for the Glam. Wetin abokii man know than to sell pepper & brutalize people?
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by SouthNigerian: 6:26am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Powersurge: 6:32am On Jan 28, 2020
solmusdesigns:
grin

Young Habokii youth are inventing sucide bomb vest and new drugs to get high by sniffing soak away , gum , and reptile feaces

you talk well come spoil am along ths way. grin

Nobody is a dummy. Everyone is good at something. But a black man is naturally greedy. The problem is that they use religion to fuddle the African child.

The whole NIgeria is like a wasteland. Just that it's a little worse up north. But nowhere is really good.
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by Roon9(m): 6:37am On Jan 28, 2020
Hmmmm... Scientists eh?
Re: Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation by solmusdesigns: 6:40am On Jan 28, 2020
Powersurge:

you talk well come spoil am along ths way. grin

Nobody is a dummy. Everyone is good at something. But a black man is naturally greedy. The problem is that they use religion to fuddle the African child.

The whole NIgeria is like a wasteland. Just that it's a little worse up north. But nowhere is really good.

i see things changing from 2023, when all coup plotting Generals must have retired ,, new crops of politicians like Ameachi , Wike, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Ganduje, Tambuwa , Fashola are all good administrator, they loot and still want to develop projects that changes life, but the so called Generals where trained by colonialist to limit our development

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orumba North And South Join Forces, Vow To Deliver Orumba Son Maduka At Anambra / 2023 Presidency: Politicians Should Have Retirement Age, Says Umahi / S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.