Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,938 members, 7,821,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance (11000 Views)

BREAKING: Lawan, Akume Form Alliance / APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President / 2015: 9 Parties Form Alliance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Marlboro1: 5:03am On Feb 19, 2012
Sunday Vanguard

MEMBERS of a coalition, comprising ethnic nationalities and groups from the North Central, South East and South South geo-political zones of the country, yesterday converged on Enugu to hold an all-night vigil and chat the way on how to retain political power even beyond 2015.

Also leader of Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Asari Dokubo, led the gathering into sending a red signal to the core north, which has ruled the country for the greater part of its existence, saying the core north will no longer smell power in the capacity of a president in the nearest future.

At the occasion, which featured about 3000 youths drawn from Tiv Ndoma Igalla Ibra Ibaji Ibibio Efik Ikwerre Ishekiri, Isoko and various Igbo groups, they insisted the only justice that could be acceptable to every part of the Nigeria was for presidential political power to move round all ethnic groups of the country.

In what they described as “hand shake across the Niger” they insisted that the country was bigger than any individual and could only move forward when various groups are given sense of belonging even as they describe the incessant killings in Jos as attempt to destabilise the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

Led by the president of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), Miabiye Kuromiema, the coalition called Coalition of National and Organisations of Nigeria pooled over 3,000 of its members to attend the summit in Enugu and to pay a condolence visit to the family of late Igbo leader, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

At Ojukwu’s house in Enugu, where the presence of the members of the coalition actually charged the immediate environment, leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, Asari Dokubo, literally spit fire as he declared that the movement of the coalition is to ensure that the core northern part of the country, which believe it is born to rule the country, would not rule again in the near future.

Regretting the failure of Biafran revolution led by the late Ojukwu, Dokubo declared that, by 2015, if President Goodluck Jonathan is not interested in contesting, the coalition and other stakeholders working with it would work for the emergence of a president from the South East or North Central zones.

He said the plan of the coalition is to ensure that the leadership of the country will be retained within the three zones until the core north people who think Nigeria is for them to rule perpetually would beg to leave.

The IYC president and leader of the coalition, Miabiye, who presented the mission of the group to Bianca, the widow of Ojukwu, regretted the degenerate state of the country, saying they are inspired by the way Ojukwu fought decades ago to institute an egalitarian society, a bid nipped in the bud by the non-realisation of the state of Biafra.

He informed that the coalition’s over 3,000 delegates from the three zones of the country were billed to hold an all-night vigil in Enugu during which they will deliberate on the state of the nation so as to tackle the current socio-political challenges facing the nation.

The various speakers at the condolence visit from where they went to the venue of the summit referred to Ojukwu as their hero, just many of them stated that it was regrettable that Ojukwu’s vision that led him to make a bid for the Biafran state could not materialize, yet the issues at that time have come to haunt the nation the more.

Ojukwu’s wife, Bianca, said that her husband was a firm believer in the struggle to emancipate the people of the old eastern region, stressing that he believed strongly in the philosophy of hand shake across the Niger.

She stated that the virtues lived by her late husband would only materialize should the present generation push it forward stressing that justice was not secured on a platter of gold.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Beaf: 5:09am On Feb 19, 2012
Now we are talking. cool
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by dayokanu(m): 5:11am On Feb 19, 2012
Drugs

The least populated zones convene to make noise as usual.

The same North central has ruled this country for 18yrs yet these crackheads gather to make noise as usual

1 Like

Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Nchara: 5:18am On Feb 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Drugs

The least populated zones convene to make noise as usual.

The same North central has ruled this country for 18yrs yet these crackheads gather to make noise as usual

Don't mess with Igbo population which is 70% of Lagos.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Kilode1: 5:26am On Feb 19, 2012
General David Mark (Rtd) must surely be popping champagne while reading stuffs like this.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 5:38am On Feb 19, 2012
Now i can see the wind have blow to different direction nice move smiley smiley
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Lasinoh: 5:52am On Feb 19, 2012
God plus Satan forbid!!!! kiss

Abeg remove South East and Middle Belt from dia O!
Carry dem go join South West!!! angry
North and South South only!!!
Thank you!!! kiss
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 19, 2012
I believe this is a good and strategic move politically!
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Obiagu1(m): 6:07am On Feb 19, 2012
Ozin:

I believe this is a good and strategic move politically!

Yeah but if it backfires and the North come grab the power, I'll quickly relocate to Nigeria/Cameroun border for easy escape in case . . .
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by freegaza(m): 6:13am On Feb 19, 2012
Am hoping and praying nigeria should not exist in 2015
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Osiris211: 6:20am On Feb 19, 2012
On what strategy are they gathering for? Canvass supports for south east, for continuity of GEJ or preparing ground for David Mark?. Certainly, not the prima cos it would be a political suicide for any group to project that for presidency. I see this as another round of using them for 2015 elections. Time for "magic" numbers season II

I would have asked the hired crowds the following questions:

1. What has GEJ's presidency brought to South South, just one?

2. What has GEJ presidency brought to south east, just one?

3. Which region is enjoying the most under GEJ's presidency?
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 19, 2012
why are the occupy your reources noisemakers convening with 'parasites who do not contribute anything to nigeria's income' ?
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by OneNaira6: 6:33am On Feb 19, 2012
I would have rejoiced if they were joining to declare separation but this presidency issue. mscheww angry

wetin middle belters doing in the meeting?
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by dayokanu(m): 7:01am On Feb 19, 2012
Gowon North Central 9yrs
IBB North Central 8yrs

Total 17yrs

Obviously these meeting of crackheads shoulda been held at an asylum
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Dainfamous: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Gowon North Central 9yrs
IBB North Central 8yrs

Total 17yrs

i can see what pains you the most is that SW are missing cheesy kpele oh cheesy
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by dayokanu(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2012
Why would anyone from the SW want to be found in a gathering of crackheads like that?

Sitting down negotiating with a criminal like Asari Dokubo.

If the SW wants to talk, they do with the responsible leaders like Edwin Clark, Not miscreants like Dokubo
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by OneNaira6: 7:42am On Feb 19, 2012
Da infamous:

i can see what pains you the most is that SW are missing cheesy kpele oh cheesy

ROFL.

Una go kill person with laughter for here.
Funny enough, I was thinking the same thing.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by kettykin: 7:47am On Feb 19, 2012
an indirect way of saying it is time for south east presidency. I always knew this alliance was in the offing , how ever lets see where the south west will allign before i analyse further.
The core north is in deep mess now
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Onlytruth(m): 7:58am On Feb 19, 2012
IT IS WELL

The ancient of days is not asleep one bit.

Natural allies are gradually coming together in Nigeria. Soon Nigeria's problems would be over.

This is the smartest move I've seen by these groups in YEARS.

Kudos.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 19, 2012
interesting collabo

the political babies (SS the kids with the oil toy that they keep brandishing, represented by thugs who should be in jail )

the political desperadoes (the SE - who have managed to shaft themselves out of political revelance time and again by misguided 'alliances')

the political 'owners of nigeria' ( the northerners who have suddenly morphed into middle belt, core north eatl for purposes of suckering some desperadoes and children)

in the end david mark (shudder) will be prez and there may be an ibo vp

either way, status quo continues
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Osiris211: 8:49am On Feb 19, 2012
It is certainly too early for the most sophisticated region(S.W) to display her crads, let those affected by political jundice and extreme naivity whine and shed tears. They shall always gather and fight over peanuts! Besides, if you are a political student you shouldn't fail to see the signature of David Mark written all over the place.(assuming GEJ is not intrested)

When the table is fully prepared for the kings, you will be reading the sitting president making triple shuttle to Lagos in one day or leaders of south south are sitting in Ekiti. The fate of any president lies in south western Nigeria. FACT!. You can't play with simple emotion and think the south west will open her pusssy for you to fork grin Mbanu!!

keep it around the brothels, they are for the highest bidder.

Now, back to my previous questions. What has GEJ's presidency done for south east or south south?. . .? I mean his 2 years in Aso Rock.

kettykin:

an indirect way of saying it is time for south east presidency. I always knew this alliance was in the offing , how ever lets see where the [b]south west will allign [/b]before i analyse further.
The core north is in deep mess now
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by DRANOEL(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2012
a gathering of ediots! . . . .its because of guys like asari that we now have boko haram! unleash violence on the people and get paid with the presidency . . . .in between since the core north's occupation of the presidency brought us no good, i wonder what good the present occupant has done us
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by kettykin: 9:03am On Feb 19, 2012
when i said i am waiting for the allignment of south west , i actually meant , if the sw alligns with se/ss/mb that will put the final nail on arewa empire, but if the sw alligns with core north we would end up with a result simlar to 2011 with the sw in another political wildenerss for 4 years
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by dustydee: 9:04am On Feb 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Gowon North Central 9yrs
IBB North Central 8yrs

Total 17yrs

Apparently they didn't think before the meeting.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Lasinoh: 9:05am On Feb 19, 2012
The sw will always sell out to the North.
History will only trepeat itself!
Gba be! kiss

Get ready for another betrayal of your lives! cheesy
As long as you have muslims on the South. . .they will always align with the North!
Ask Bola Tinubu. He will tell you what they discuss in Mecca every year. wink
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by udezue(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2012
Why would anyone want the treacherous SW to join them? SW ppl are two-faced ppl who will stab u in the back @ the slightest opportunity so I'm glad their irrelevant assess got sidelined this time. We know how they have SS and SE b4 so we shouldn't count on them to show any level integrity unless u are dealing with ppl that are like Soyinka or late,Tos Benson.
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Lasinoh: 9:07am On Feb 19, 2012
Abi o! cheesy
AYAMATANGA strikes again from the back!!! grin
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by kettykin: 9:08am On Feb 19, 2012
either way power has changed hands and both politcal  and financial power will determine who owns what in nijirya.
The core north and the sw will most likely not go into any alliance , that alliance even if it works will not last. So the sw has 1 workable option only
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by kokoA(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2012
Why can't I stop seeing David Mark's hand in this new found love between minority regions undecided
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by kettykin: 9:15am On Feb 19, 2012
if u see david mark hand in this , it is good , however david mark can not muscle his way through , the kind of alliance with amaechi, obi,iweala,rochas will be impermeably deep. The best bet is to leave the cards open for now
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Osiris211: 9:16am On Feb 19, 2012
You have apparantly display your little knowledge of politics and i wont be surprise if you come back with another shocker.

If truely SW aligned with core north, do you think GEJ will be president?. . .we simply abstained from it.(just the way Russia and China did on Gaddafi).

You should equally pay attention to the questions i ask you. Where is the second Niger bridge?. . .where is the seaport??. . .where is the PH-Aba-Enugu express road?? ? . . .who is at recieving end of Boko Haram Ijaws or Igbos?? ?? ?.

Besides, Asari is card carrying member of ACN. Speak of what you know and don't allow free internet band widths deceive you into posting anything.

kettykin:

when i said i am waiting for the allignment of south west , i actually meant , if the sw alligns with se/ss/mb that will put the final nail on arewa empire, but if the sw alligns with core north we would end up with a result simlar to 2011 with the sw in another political wildenerss for 4 years
Re: S’east, S’south, Middle Belt Form Alliance by Spiritmask: 9:20am On Feb 19, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Commission Aba Geometric Power Plant October 3- Nnaji / Atiku Not Sincere About Restructuring, Job Creation — Sagay / Inuwa Yahaya Meets Young Scientists, Calls For Domestication Of ICT Innovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.