Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing (55628 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / 6 Signs Of A Bad Phone Battery / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by DarkCaesar(m): 10:18am On Jan 28, 2020
OP is obviously outdated, I can only see two valid points, the rest are trash and shouldn’t be seen with a learnt fella
officialteemi:
new tech in phone allows it to stop charging @100 but maintain it at that point
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Tonyspecial(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Number 7 got me
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by kharyhordhe(m): 10:20am On Jan 28, 2020
Emmanuel226:
Our Mobile Phones have become an Essential part of our everyday life.

Its Numerous advantages which includes easy communication, easy access to the internet and overall benefit to our well-being has made it a Necessary Asset to every human being walking the planet. 

Therefore, it is quite reasonable since it needs a battery to function that it'll have some faults as pertaining the Life Span and Durability of the device.

But sometimes the issue of Poor Durability of batteries is caused by some of our 

Ignorance to some certain things we should and shouldn't do.
Here's a list of SEVEN things You Should Stop Doing if you want Your Phone battery to last long!

1. Turn On Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

Our Phones Network services Continues to seek for Signals even if we're in a place where there's bad Network. This single function of it drains the battery Percentage little by little without us knowing!

Always endeavour to turn On your Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

2. Stop Putting Your phone in your jeans Pocket.

Putting your Phone in your pocket Is the easiest way to carry your phone about but sometimes dust and other little debris could get into your phones charging point and that could stop the battery from functioning properly.

While buying a Phone case, try to get one that could cover the charging point.

3. Turn off your data and clear Apps when you're not using them

It's as simple as it is stated!

Always turn off your Mobile Data and Clear apps When you're not using them. They drain your battery silently.

4. Switch Off your Phone once in a While

We make use of our Phones virtually everyday, giving it no time to rest. Once in a while it is good to Just Put it Off for like 15 minutes not when the battery Is low o. But just switching it off and allowing it to rest even with Full percentage.

At least thrice in a week.

5. Don't always keep Your Phone at 100 percent.
Keeping your phone at 100 percent all the time will make the battery weak and Exhausted. 

Imagine as a human your Stomach is always filled with Food, there is no way you'll be able to function properly. Allow it to drain once in a while.

6. Don't Charge Your Phone Overnight.

This is very bad. The batter gets full and since you're sleeping it still continues charging.

This is one of the fastest way to drain the life of your battery

Don't charge your phone overnight.

7. Stop using your Phone while it's charging

Stop using your phone while its charging, You'll have all the time after charging it.

It reduces the life span and at the end kills the battery.

check my siggy no stories
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by eddieguru(m): 10:34am On Jan 28, 2020
LOVEGINO:
No 6. Got me laughing in buharist. Sure. U re not a Nigerian.
....truly op is not a Nigerian

Besides, No 6. Don't affect the battery

1 Like

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by eddieguru(m): 10:36am On Jan 28, 2020
I doubt No 6. if our phones is fully charged it stops charging automatically...so I disagree with op on this one cool cool
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by whiteafrique: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2020
but no be our fault we know all these, nah glorified NEPA that's PHCN
nah them put us for these conditions.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by GindoX(m): 10:41am On Jan 28, 2020
Osanoghodua1:
Thanks but some phones and chargers automatically stop charging or taking in more energy once fully 100%. But power bank will keep charging your battery until it destroys it, it has no limitation to stop charging a full battery. Avoid power bank by all means

Some power bank stop charging when your phone is full. This fil power bank does that

1 Like

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by bizzybigger: 10:45am On Jan 28, 2020
thanks for the info check some of our jobs For weddings,birthdays e.t.c. Do contact us on 08167965121 for good jobs done
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 28, 2020
[quote author=Katier00 post=86167524]Noted but can't stop using my phone while charging[/quote

As I dey type this
My phone dey charge and I dey use am ]
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Clean2016: 11:01am On Jan 28, 2020
Eeser:
Hmmmmm.
Sorry to cut in OP.
Are these things we should stop doing or things we should do.
Cause ayam not understanding the caption.

grin cheesy
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by purplekayc(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2020
Just get a good power bank.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Torino234: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2020
Phone is an intelligent device it cuts off immediately its 100% and remains in float mode so there's nothing wrong in charging ur phone over night
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by officialteemi(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
DarkCaesar:
OP is obviously outdated, I can only see two valid points, the rest are trash and shouldn’t be seen with a learnt fella
90gbosa for you
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by ardrockltd(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
thanks for the info it's really helpful
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Johnsown1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ok. Sir thank you
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by trudev: 12:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
officialteemi:
new tech in phone allows it to stop charging @100 but maintain it at that point

Exactly. You can never over-charge your phone.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Liposure: 1:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:
All these rules on top say make my Battery last?
I enjoy using am as i dey use am so. My battery no dey just down anyhow sef. At least e dey sustain me enough till whenever it's time to charge again so I'll jump and pass this one. Taink You!
baba, i no know wetin dey worry my samsung s4 battery e dey finish quickly

1 Like

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 28, 2020
AND LASTLY STOP WATCHING BLUE-FILM WITH YOUR PHONE, IT RUNS DATA QUICK AND KILLS BATTERY TOO.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
Liposure:
baba, i no know wetin dey worry my samsung s4 battery e dey finish quickly

Wow.. Thats an old phone ooo brother. I'm sure it even runs Android 4 KitKat and has a removable battery.... Damn!
I guess the Android version is the reason for it and more so, most Apps these days aren't really compatible with very old Operating Systems like yours and whenever they run, they'll only end up making the phone over work and very hot then get battery drained faster.. You need to upgrade ya phone to a latest one and for the time being, you could buy another Battery..
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Liposure: 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2020
MISTAICEY02288:

Wow.. Thats an old phone ooo brother. I'm sure it even runs Android 4 KitKat and has a removable battery.... Damn!
I guess the Android version is the reason for it and more so, most Apps these days aren't really compatible with very old Operating Systems like yours and whenever they run, they'll only end up making the phone over work and very hot then get battery drained faster.. You need to upgrade ya phone to a latest one and for the time being, you could buy another Battery..
dem no dey comot d battery oo
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by donsheddy1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 28, 2020
Charging port not point
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by luluosas(m): 2:19pm On Jan 28, 2020
I can't do without number 7
Emmanuel226:
Our Mobile Phones have become an Essential part of our everyday life.

Its Numerous advantages which includes easy communication, easy access to the internet and overall benefit to our well-being has made it a Necessary Asset to every human being walking the planet. 

Therefore, it is quite reasonable since it needs a battery to function that it'll have some faults as pertaining the Life Span and Durability of the device.

But sometimes the issue of Poor Durability of batteries is caused by some of our 

Ignorance to some certain things we should and shouldn't do.
Here's a list of SEVEN things You Should Stop Doing if you want Your Phone battery to last long!

1. Turn On Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

Our Phones Network services Continues to seek for Signals even if we're in a place where there's bad Network. This single function of it drains the battery Percentage little by little without us knowing!

Always endeavour to turn On your Airplane Mode if You're in a Place with Bad Network.

2. Stop Putting Your phone in your jeans Pocket.

Putting your Phone in your pocket Is the easiest way to carry your phone about but sometimes dust and other little debris could get into your phones charging point and that could stop the battery from functioning properly.

While buying a Phone case, try to get one that could cover the charging point.

3. Turn off your data and clear Apps when you're not using them

It's as simple as it is stated!

Always turn off your Mobile Data and Clear apps When you're not using them. They drain your battery silently.

4. Switch Off your Phone once in a While

We make use of our Phones virtually everyday, giving it no time to rest. Once in a while it is good to Just Put it Off for like 15 minutes not when the battery Is low o. But just switching it off and allowing it to rest even with Full percentage.

At least thrice in a week.

5. Don't always keep Your Phone at 100 percent.
Keeping your phone at 100 percent all the time will make the battery weak and Exhausted. 

Imagine as a human your Stomach is always filled with Food, there is no way you'll be able to function properly. Allow it to drain once in a while.

6. Don't Charge Your Phone Overnight.

This is very bad. The batter gets full and since you're sleeping it still continues charging.

This is one of the fastest way to drain the life of your battery

Don't charge your phone overnight.

7. Stop using your Phone while it's charging

Stop using your phone while its charging, You'll have all the time after charging it.

It reduces the life span and at the end kills the battery.

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by charlsecy(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
Emmanuel226:
Should stop, or should be doing?
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by mechanics(m): 2:35pm On Jan 28, 2020
Noted.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by palsenator(m): 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
Op is very wrong with some of his points but I will speak on over charging.. For crying out loud, you are using a smart phone. It is conditioned in such a way that once it reaches 100% , it stops charging automatically even if it is still plugged. If you are using an Android phone , u will notice that once it reaches 100 , and still plugged, the charging sign will disappear. If you have not noticed ' please take note now. There is nothing like over charging a smartphone except the Op is using a touch light phone.

No insult Intended, I just felt we need to understand why your phone is called SMART.
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Goldenboy10(m): 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2020
I practice most of these but my battery no dey last
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Legendguru: 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ok
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by BlackTrice: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
LOVEGINO:
No 6. Got me laughing in buharist. Sure. U re not a Nigerian.
Lol
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by bizzybigger: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
bizzybigger:
thanks for the info
check some of our jobs
For weddings,birthdays e.t.c.
Do contact us on 08167965121 for good jobs done

Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Viserion: 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2020
God tips op, but I have to disagree with 6 and 7. it's a smartphone for a reason. once it is full it stops charging.

you can use your phone while charging as long as you take note of overheating..
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Mohbola(f): 8:23pm On Jan 28, 2020
Good
Re: If You Want Your Phone Battery To Last Long: 7 Things You Should Stop Doing by Mohbola(f): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
Goldenboy10:
I practice most of these but my battery no dey last

Lol, that means this write up is not for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

72-Year-Old Nigerian Woman On Facebook, Whatsapp & Instagram / Lady Wants Who Will Buy Iphone 7 For Her / See The Best Ways To Go Invisible On Whatsapp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.