Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,240 members, 7,839,264 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage (67645 Views)

4 Months Into Our Relationship I Have Not Asked Her Sex Is It Good? / My Ex-wife Got The Family Home In Our Divorce Just Weeks Ago - But Now My Busine / UNBELIEVABLE! Newly Wed Couple Divorce Just Three Minutes After Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by xavuv: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Lol @OP, when you both are grandpa and grandma in a not too distant futurr you will laugh over this your post.

This is your first hurdle, try and surmount it. Dont mind those telling you to divorce her. You both can make it work by hearing each other out.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Funkybabee(f): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
First give her a space, let's see what she will do, if she come back to beg you tell her frank that u cannot support two boss in a house and to caution her speech, is either she accept that or back out.

2nd if she didn't make a move, try to file for divorce then though Christ don't support that..

I saw two thing in her text, feeling boss and not been grateful... You have to be strict if you wanted to deal with her. Haha, supporting her education and still have guts for that, she's not respectful...

Don't give her dime during the space, let see her reactions

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
You say she's in school? What you don't know is that her school boyfriend is also in her... grin mumu
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Cannonleo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
hybrid77:
Pls i need a sincere advice here.

Im 3 months old in marriage and im so unhappy about the set up (my wife too)

My wife is a student and she tried everything to shift the marriage until easter this year but i refused due to many projects for the year. so we got married 3 months ago.

I took care of her bills since she got admission and we dated for 5 years

But she is so disrespectful and want to make important decisions in marriage which ive refused to allow.

Now, she claims i forced her into marriage and she is not mentally ready because i asked her to change to my family's name.

She has been good then bad then worse..And i think her words about forcing her into marriage has irreparably hurt me.

I spent over 3m of my cash to give her the wedding she wanted (Without any support from her family) against my wish for a 1m wedding.

And despite getting the big wedding she wants before consenting to marry last year, she claims she is not mentally ready and was forced into marriage.

she has repeated this over and over and its making me go crazy..in fact im tired already

Right now she wants more time to be a wife..but im beginning to feel there is a love issue here..I feel she does not love me as she always claims

Though weve settled but we dont talk as usual..we dont even want to hear from each other...

it seems i nolonger love her like i used to..And worst still, continuing with the marriage when she claims she was forced is degrading and disreputable.

My question is, at what point should anyone seriously consider a divorce?
this is the ish i hate, perfect weddings, scattered marriage.

She wanted an expensive wedding but dosent want to be a lifetime companion.

Oga sit down and thrash this issue well
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
ScotMisile:
Men, stop looking for girls to marry, look for women who are ready for marriage... Simple

They are looking for young beautiful girls.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by anuda(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
OP, it is too early to consider divorce! You need to have patience with your new wife and try to make her feel at home.
Marriage is lifetime project and it is also too early to bring your marriage to a public forum. This your wife is a blessing to you and don't think that she should be perfect; nobody is!
Please continue to have interaction with her with love and do not feel offended always when she makes some unguarded statements. Follow her with wisdom and God will perfect your marriage.

Please forget other women outside that are seeking your attention. They may not be better
Together with your wife you are unstoppable!
I wish success in your mariage.

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by gentleoyink: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is the best comment so far.

Sonnyboom:
Hybrid77, @ the emboldened quote. if your wife is saint Mary I don't want to know she's only eager to get fucqed outside your union that is the only common denominator that give women the audacity to walk out of a financially buoyant relationship. All those talk of rushing her into marriage, self independence na smokescreen.

Quick chip, I once dated a girl for 7 years taking care of her tuition n all, I proposed after graduation n she queried if I want to force her into marriage. In disbelieve I instantly disclosed I am entitled to that but luckily for me I didn't force it. I simply had friends in Leed city n accommodation I got for her who were kind enough to provide briefings on her daily sexcapede. If your girl reasoning is any different from exploring a dic you do not know about or intending new dics I will be dammed.

Your best bet is to count your loss n those singing your are too assertive, let them know a man don't just go about being assertive, you increase the level of assertiveness in response to perceived uncompromising disposition. If I have a wife who think I should look away when all her friends are men she should also not have a problem when the only people I chat with on Instagram are females.

My 2 cent.

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Emperorx: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Pls visit a marriage counselor to get help pls don't just end it up it is too early [ quote author=hybrid77 post=86302267]Pls i need a sincere advice here.

My wife is a student and she tried everything to shift the marriage until easter this year but i refused due to many projects for the year. so we got married 3 months ago.

But she is so disrespectful and want to make important decisions in marriage which ive refused to allow.

Now, she claims i forced her into marriage and she is not mentally ready because i asked her to change to my family's name.

She has been good then bad then worse..And i think her words about forcing her into marriage has irreparably hurt me.

I spent over 3m of my cash to give her the wedding she wanted (Without any support from her family) against my wish for a 1m wedding.

And despite getting the big wedding she wants before consenting to marry last year, she claims she is not mentally ready and was forced into marriage.

she has repeated this over and over and its making me go crazy..in fact im tired already

Right now she wants more time to be a wife..but im beginning to feel there is a love issue here..I feel she does not love me as she always claims

Though weve settled but we dont talk as usual..we dont even want to hear from each other...

it seems i nolonger love her like i used to..And worst still, continuing with the marriage when she claims she was forced is degrading and disreputable.

My question is, at what point should anyone seriously consider a divorce? [/quote]
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by baby124: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
OP is the proverbial stubborn fly. He can’t approach girls of his generation because of obvious character flaws. So he finds a desperate girl from a poor family to groom and train into marriage. When he suspects she’s about to graduate and now drifting from him emotionally, he uses his money again to force and manipulate her into marriage.

You are the type that believes you can force anyone to do anything you like. Well, you are about to experience the hell that comes with manipulating and forcing people against their will. You haven’t seen anything yet! You should have just seen her case as charity and moved on. But as the forcer you are, you see this all as a business transaction without caring about the feelings of the people involved. You don’t love her, she doesn’t love you.

You want her for selfish reasons because you are too lazy to work on yourself. She needs you for financial reasons because her parents are too lazy to provide for her. So shameless are they that they force her to marry a fool who lacks self respect and self esteem. You will keep forcing her to love you, the children in the marriage and things you like.

2 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Misscongenialit: 5:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
abbey621:

Let's learn from history so that we don't become history. This woman is shouting she's not ready, she has been forced, she's stressed yet he should continue watching her till when? Till she decides it's time to end him like Maryam? Till she decides it's better to seek the arms of another man secretly? Till kids get involved and then things become more complicated?

We are both saying the same thing, she has asked for space and I am saying he should let her have all the space she desires and not subject himself to a life of frustration because of an her attitude .
If she goes finally then "bon boyage" and he moves on too !!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by chival(f): 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
Both the husband and wife are at fault here, but I blame the husband more. Your wife has never really been into you, that much you both agree on. Yet you cajoled her into marriage. This marriage was doomed from the start. Your wife does not have an ounce of love for you. The only positive thing I see here is that there are no children involved yet. Please part ways and wish each other well. Learn this lesson OP: you can never buy love.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Geesaintagape: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
Men these days need rebreeding.
This man might have abandoned his true lovers just for ....
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by sddiamond: 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
Best advice so far
Kenoxman:
This is where u are required to act as the man. Getting emotional about the whole issue just like ur wife will ruin everything. Quit being emotional and device a practical way of solving ur marital problems. Real men are problem-solvers. And it takes a real man to build his family. Forget about whatever she had said. Women will always say hurtful things without considering the implication,that's their nature. Sit ur wife down and have a heart-to-heart talk with her. Maybe u've been overbearing all this while without knowing. Allow her to make suggestions on how to make things start working again. Then find a common ground between her opinion and urs. Relationship such as marriage is built on compromise. No marriage is perfect and most marriages just like any endeavour suffer many challenges from the beginning. Ur ability to manage these challenges will determine the longivity of such endeavours. U will grow past this phase if u are willing to work together. Mind u love is never enough.

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by LadyExcellency: 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
femalecobra:
But in summary one thing I know
1. You are married to a lady who wants a friend and companion in a man not a bossy person. Someone who can allow her think n reason with u. You bring your idea and she brings hers and u reason together n male a logical conclusion.
Imposing yourself won’t work and that’s just the truth.
I am that type of lady too. “You can’t tell me to always DO your decision” you have to bring d logical analysis that led to ur idea...I may have mine and suggest and if after you advised and I do mine having considered both options ....I need you to respect my choice as a “human” not a compelled slave called “wife” that must do what you want” . After all, I would respect your choices so I expect you respect mine when the sometimes differ from yours.

But when I know it’s what u want that must work out, Then I feel I am dealing “with a bossy man” and I can’t stand it...hell cant...I would be miserable.
Why would I choose that for the rest of my life?
“Why would I want to choose submitting” to a man Dt “compels” submission for the rest of my life when I can choose to date a man that is a friend in a husband?

So if u wanna keep bossing ....as per I am the man!!!!...you must do as I say.....from the message I think there would be a problem....
Cus your kind woman no go gree

That cost me a relationship but I walked out of it. I cried. I loved him. But I couldn’t think of forever with a man that wants to “lord” “rule” “question my friendships or even cut my normal ties with male colleagues” simply because they are males etc on top of “marriage”. He too was in a haste like you that we married. But having seen people’s experience in life, I Was of the opinion we get to know each other....and I greatfull for that that I over stood my grounds on that.
I cried n wept but I know it’s the best choice of my life!!!

2. You love her more than she loves u. Why it’s true it’s good for a man to love a woman very well and sometimes they say even more than she loves him....you must be sure she at least has 70% of what u feel for her....else she would treat you anyhow ooo....except over time and experience she gets to see that u are a good guy and begin to value u.

3. No doubt she is quite rude. So sorry to say. Because that tone is not even one that would bring peace. Even if you are bossy to her...it’s not by her being bossy in addressing the issue that would solve it.
Her tone is not one of love....that is crying desperately for a bossy husband to stop as she can’t stand it anymore and would likely quit if he doesn’t.

How did u guys date for 5 years and not get to be friends
Or fully understand each other
Was it 5 years or 5 months?

I don’t know the solution ...what I can identify here though is the problem�

Well my solution is that if you want the marriage to work you would need to sacrifice more as it’s obvious you are the one that loves her more for you to have said the marriage be rushed.
Just ignore her rudeness, do what you are to do, play your role, Love and gentleness in most time calms a lady....our conscience tells us to act better as we get to know it’s only a man that loves us that has come so low to take our bullshit and we just get to know that we just have to treat him right over time.

But if you keep fighting same way with a loud mouthed lady...you won’t make progress...
Resentment would only just Set in deeper and deeper!!!

So the ball is in your court,
Is the marriage worth fighting for?

But she doesn't display these behavoirs with her lecturers in school rather she accommodate them even when she is not finding things easy.

Why do most women respect their bosses at work and worship their pastors but find it difficult to submit to 50% of their husband's decisions?

As I always say, the age of marriage in Nigeria should be pegged from 30 years upwards.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by TheGift: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
The quoted below is very good advise. Don't force anything. Understand she is am individual and give her time to breathe. Focus on your work and what you know is your purpose, with or without her,and on being the best version of you that you can, the universe will always align, at an appropriate time.

Tonyfx:
To be honest with you, you are the one at fault from your write up and the screenshots.
First marriage nor be house when you go rush enter because you don dey build an for 5years, if you rush enter marriage you go rush commot from am.
Secondly marriage is a lifetime journey and so it requires alot of patience and understanding between both parties. Your wife told you she wasn't mentally ready but you didn't want to see things from her point of view. Nor be so Bros (it takes two to tangle).
As for the decision part remember say na your life partner even as Dangote get money reach he cannot make any decisions about his own company without the agreement of his partners which are his board of directors. See things from her point of view and let her see from yours then both of you should come to a peaceful conclusion. The marriage too early for quarrel na.
As for divorce I won't support that instead why not give her time to adjust and be in the right frame of mind. Things will definitely workout because she isn't asking for a divorce.
Give her time and try to be supportive of her. I hope you will find something useful here.

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by ikwedim(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sorry her mission of training her in school has been accomplished. She has someone out there. Why not do like us and give her Belle. Once she born, if she want go let her go. Na her body to tell her. Let her pay you back with the pregnancy. No dull yourself oooo
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by THUNDER4real(m): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
I do tell people, even if you claim you dated someone for 10 years to 20 years, it's only in marriage you will know who is tiger, lion, poison and dictator.

Prayer is essential more than long time dating deceiving yourselves.

OP eyes are now open.

Dating is not Marriage
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Westernlove: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
hybrid77:

Mumu like you too plenty for this Shiithole I swear
Sometimes I wish God created me a girl and I reside In Nigeria. I for show Foools, Simps, Scum, low-lifes, Idiots who call themselves m.en here In shiithole PEPPER!!!
Awon Ode....

2 Likes

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Morenikeji070: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
First qurstion.. Do you guys did a legal court marriage
hybrid77:

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by sixtus3606(m): 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
hybrid77:

oga, the ball is in your court. You already know what to do with it.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by greencard: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Shugavee:
how?? Please don’t say rubbish!! She thinks so highly of herself n she got married at a time she didn’t want to just to make the man happy?? Don’t advise rubbish I beg you
speak the truth , don't talk just cos you share similar gender, if that lady was married to your younger/elder brother, I doubt u speak same..

She's young and naive, maybe true, but our mothers married at similar age and still became stronger women,

It's not a one sided thing, and I don't believe he force her, she said she wanted a big budget wedding and that's what he gave her, she can't have everything at once either ,

She should learn some sense too. U don't force your ego on people you earn it with time
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by abbey621(m): 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Misscongenialit:

We are both saying the same thing, she has asked for space and I am saying he should let her have all the space she desires and not subject himself to a life of frustration because of an her attitude .
If she goes finally then "bon boyage" and he moves on too !!

Yea space is good but he shouldn't put his life on hold, he should start searching and enjoying himself too.
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by karli4nia(m): 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Nowadays, instead of saying "Let's have sex" we say
"let's get married"- An official permission to fornicate for a few days, after which comes divorce. We marry today and divorce tomorrow, that is all.

Our Internal state is the magnet that draws the external circumstances of our lives. Op, u really need to quietly reflect a lot.
Good luck!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by engrchykae(m): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
femalecobra:
But in summary one thing I know
1. You are married to a lady who wants a friend and companion in a man not a bossy person. Someone who can allow her think n reason with u. You bring your idea and she brings hers and u reason together n male a logical conclusion.
Imposing yourself won’t work and that’s just the truth.
I am that type of lady too. “You can’t tell me to always DO your decision” you have to bring d logical analysis that led to ur idea...I may have mine and suggest and if after you advised and I do mine having considered both options ....I need you to respect my choice as a “human” not a compelled slave called “wife” that must do what you want” . After all, I would respect your choices so I expect you respect mine when the sometimes differ from yours.

But when I know it’s what u want that must work out, Then I feel I am dealing “with a bossy man” and I can’t stand it...hell cant...I would be miserable.
Why would I choose that for the rest of my life?
“Why would I want to choose submitting” to a man Dt “compels” submission for the rest of my life when I can choose to date a man that is a friend in a husband?

So if u wanna keep bossing ....as per I am the man!!!!...you must do as I say.....from the message I think there would be a problem....
Cus your kind woman no go gree

That cost me a relationship but I walked out of it. I cried. I loved him. But I couldn’t think of forever with a man that wants to “lord” “rule” “question my friendships or even cut my normal ties with male colleagues” simply because they are males etc on top of “marriage”. He too was in a haste like you that we married. But having seen people’s experience in life, I Was of the opinion we get to know each other....and I greatfull for that that I over stood my grounds on that.
I cried n wept but I know it’s the best choice of my life!!!

2. You love her more than she loves u. Why it’s true it’s good for a man to love a woman very well and sometimes they say even more than she loves him....you must be sure she at least has 70% of what u feel for her....else she would treat you anyhow ooo....except over time and experience she gets to see that u are a good guy and begin to value u.

3. No doubt she is quite rude. So sorry to say. Because that tone is not even one that would bring peace. Even if you are bossy to her...it’s not by her being bossy in addressing the issue that would solve it.
Her tone is not one of love....that is crying desperately for a bossy husband to stop as she can’t stand it anymore and would likely quit if he doesn’t.

How did u guys date for 5 years and not get to be friends
Or fully understand each other
Was it 5 years or 5 months?

I don’t know the solution ...what I can identify here though is the problem�

Well my solution is that if you want the marriage to work you would need to sacrifice more as it’s obvious you are the one that loves her more for you to have said the marriage be rushed.
Just ignore her rudeness, do what you are to do, play your role, Love and gentleness in most time calms a lady....our conscience tells us to act better as we get to know it’s only a man that loves us that has come so low to take our bullshit and we just get to know that we just have to treat him right over time.

But if you keep fighting same way with a loud mouthed lady...you won’t make progress...
Resentment would only just Set in deeper and deeper!!!

So the ball is in your court,
Is the marriage worth fighting for?
Dem people.
Na Dem dem
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by pek(m): 6:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
Said it times without number, never sponsor anyone to school who is not yet a wife. Most times, it amounts to pouring water on a stone .

1 Like

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by engrchykae(m): 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
Acme45:
she wants to enjoy her school boyfriend as her friends 're doing now in school.I work in the school environment and i see what is happening@ nights, so since you tied the knots it's like putting her in bondage.so she can't enjoy the night life with her friends.Guy let her go or else you will never enjoy the marriage because she will cheat on you,because she is already showing you the signs so pls just let her go.God will compensate you big time
why is it that when a woman wants to dump a man, she doesn't hesitate but a man finds lots of trouble trying to dump a woman.
Women are more mean than men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Ibfpleasant(m): 6:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
I can’t even spend 500k on wedding, now matter how buoyant I am..
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by Makeuplocus(f): 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
What if she right?
What if you forced her to tie the not when she isn't ready
Many of us are in relationships but not ready to actually seal the deal like getting married

I feel you should sit her down and y'all should have a heart to heart talk
Ask her what she truly wants
If she wants space, please kindly give it to her!

Don't let anyone guilt you with the statement you forced her to get married!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by ledaman: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Bro let go I know it's painful but you just av too, to avoid Maryam sanda's episide!
Re: Im Thinking Of Divorce Just Few Months Into Marriage by TruthSpeaker: 6:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
CHAIRMAN, YOU JUST WASTED YOUR RESOURCES ON A WASTE PRODUCT. RIGHT NOW IT IS VERY UNLIKELY LOVE WILL EVERY CRIP INTO YOUR MARRIAGE. THAT OPPORTUNIST WIFE HAS ONLY BEEN WITH YOU FOR FINANCIAL BENEFIT. SHE IS VERY LIKE TO BE IN LOVE WITH A UNIVERSITY DUDE THAT WAS FUCKING HER (AND IS STILL PROBABLY FUCKING HER) WHILE YOU WERE SPONSORING HER EDUCATION. AFTER THE MEGA WEDDING, SHE IS NOW DEMANDING FOR TIME/SPACE AND IS BEING RELUCTANT TO PICK YOUR FAMILY NAME? IF I WERE YOU I WILL SECURE AND IMPREGNATE A REPLACEMENT BEFORE TELLING HER TO MOVE OUT OF YOUR HOUSE TO SORT OUT HERSELF.
YOU ARE ALREADY A LOSER, SO NO SOFT LANDING FOR HER WHEN YOU TAKE A DRASTIC DECISION. WOMEN CAN LIKE EXPENSIVE WEDDING EVEN WHEN THEY WOULDN’T A DIME.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women Kissing At A Wedding Ceremony. Photo Sparks Outrage / 2 Genuine Strategies I Used To Tackle The Spirit Of Masturbation / The Husband Is A Soldier And The Wife A Police Officer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.