Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad (38630 Views)

Obiano: I Am The Only Nigerian Governor Who Does Not Receive Monthly Salary / Falana: I Have Compiled 32 Court Orders Being Disobeyed By Nigerian Government / Senator Vs Governor: Who Has More Powers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by ignis: 10:06am On Feb 04, 2020
When will this man ever make sense ?

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by umuna(m): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already
Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Authoreety: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Continue table shaking
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by stabilizer: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2020
OGD
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IpobAntidote: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2020
Fayothugnor the former leader and God of the retarded brainwashed IPOB monkeys.

4 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Slimtzy: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2020
I don't understand why Baba FALZ is afraid to mention Fayose

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Philinho(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2020
This table you're shaking though.... Okpolo eye man is on it

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Rawtruth1: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2020
Gani would have mentioned the person's name as a TRUE HUMAN RIGHTS ACTIVIST AND LAWYER. What's his name?
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by baike: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
All governors have killer squad

7 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already

You are wrong ! He was alluding to Fayose ,ex-governor of ekiti state.

6 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by millionboi(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
TINUBU using mc

I'm in my house come and beat me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IpobAntidote: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
AroleOduduwa2:
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them
[/s]

TRASH
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by hush15: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

Falana said one of the arguments against the creation of state police was that governors would use them to hunt their political opponents.

He, however, maintained that state police remained the solution to Nigeria’s insecurity problem.

He suggested how state police should be structured to insulate them against abuse by state governors.

A statement on Monday said Falana delivered the maiden Memorial Public Lecture in honour of late Prof. Olumuyiwa Awe at the Trechard Hall, UI.

He said, “Many citizens are opposed to the creation of state police for the fear that it may be used to haunt political opponents of some state governors. I know a state governor in the South-West who once had a killer squad headed by his Chief Security Officer, a police officer.

“One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government. The story is the same in a few other states in the country. To that extent the fear of the possible manipulation of state police is genuine.

“To avoid a situation whereby abuse of police powers is decentralised any security service established by state governments should be democratically controlled. The service will be founded by the state governments and superintended by an independent state police council of five members. The members of the council should be accredited representatives of the state government, labour, women, youths and the business community.

“The service will police the state and see to the enforcement of all the laws enacted by the House of Assembly. The success of the civilian Joint Task Force in the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State has proved that the best way to police a country is to recruit, train and equip young men and women to operate in their own communities.

“The colonial practice of posting police personnel to operate outside their states of regions was meant to suppress and intimidate colonial subjects by strangers. It is a practice which has become counter-productive in a post-colonial state. Every police officer should operate in their community, speak the local language and mix freely with the people.”

https://punchng.com/i-know-an-ex-gov-who-had-a-killer-squad-falana/amp/

Na Bourdillon jare. Many don't know but under tinubu was many world Bank projects in Lagos. At least, if at all, I can't count the many Lagos state water corporation projects
sponsored by world bank. Is it the PPP or the adiyan waterworks or the iju waterworks....

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by BabaO2: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
you are a very poor analyst.

6 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IpobAntidote: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2020
celeiyke:
Abeg who kill Funsho Williams?

PDP GOONS like Obanikoro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by beejay85: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

Falana said one of the arguments against the creation of state police was that governors would use them to hunt their political opponents.

He, however, maintained that state police remained the solution to Nigeria’s insecurity problem.

He suggested how state police should be structured to insulate them against abuse by state governors.

A statement on Monday said Falana delivered the maiden Memorial Public Lecture in honour of late Prof. Olumuyiwa Awe at the Trechard Hall, UI.

He said, “Many citizens are opposed to the creation of state police for the fear that it may be used to haunt political opponents of some state governors. I know a state governor in the South-West who once had a killer squad headed by his Chief Security Officer, a police officer.

“One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government. The story is the same in a few other states in the country. To that extent the fear of the possible manipulation of state police is genuine.

“To avoid a situation whereby abuse of police powers is decentralised any security service established by state governments should be democratically controlled. The service will be founded by the state governments and superintended by an independent state police council of five members. The members of the council should be accredited representatives of the state government, labour, women, youths and the business community.

“The service will police the state and see to the enforcement of all the laws enacted by the House of Assembly. The success of the civilian Joint Task Force in the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State has proved that the best way to police a country is to recruit, train and equip young men and women to operate in their own communities.

“The colonial practice of posting police personnel to operate outside their states of regions was meant to suppress and intimidate colonial subjects by strangers. It is a practice which has become counter-productive in a post-colonial state. Every police officer should operate in their community, speak the local language and mix freely with the people.”

https://punchng.com/i-know-an-ex-gov-who-had-a-killer-squad-falana/amp/

If I say "O" you say "G" another man say "grin"...OGD..omo Na you s'Abi.. .lol
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Monday60655(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2020
Tinubu vs Gbenga Daniel. Who win this one.

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IpobAntidote: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them

E pain you that your former pay master and thugnor Fayose is been exposed as a killer. I beg shift your brain to the right side.

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IamMichaels: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2020
Falana.. Wehdone Sir.. You know but could not bring him to book.. So what is the sole essence of you knowing the evil without enforcing the law for due punishment.. Mtchwww Mr. Knower

3 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Pedrotina11: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
And he has not gone to police station to report

Ah ur brain is still soft..eh yah omomo..pikin..soft head.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by majamajic(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2020
duro4chang:
He should have mentioned his name.

We all know him , no need to mention
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by ojaysam25(m): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2020
fear fear lawyer
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Ogun OG_

from the information extracted on that page
on olatoye sugar

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Pedrotina11: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2020
IpobAntidote:
Fayothugnor the former leader and God of the retarded brainwashed IPOB monkeys.

Come wetin bring ipob enter here nw....are u unfortunate?

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by listenersky: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
you dont know nothing. Its Daramola from Ekiti, and Fayose comes to mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by F2st5s: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Dr Dáramọlá was the World Bank expert. He was to contest for
a State Governorship election in 2003 but was gunned down on his way out of his state. He would have brought professionalism into governance of arguably the poorest state in Nigeria. If you know, you know.

4 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Pedrotina11: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2020
IamMichaels:
Falana.. Wehdone Sir.. You know but could not bring him to book.. So what is the sole essence of you knowing the evil without enforcing the law for due punishment.. Mtchwww Mr. Knower

Now u knw, u can also go and enforce it...Mr enforcer...u want to kill falz daddy..if I slap u eh

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Hotfreez: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2020
IamMichaels:

Falana should bring him to book and enforce the law?
Is Falana a law enforcement agent?

Your ignorance cannot be cured.

5 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Pedrotina11: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2020
ignis:
When will this man ever make sense ?

When u start to understand..

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Neddstark: 10:19am On Feb 04, 2020
You are supposed to be a SAN and speak fearlessly. With the unnecessary adulations given to this midget, I can't help but always honour the greatest SAN ever. Chief Gani Fahwehmni. The most sincere, outspoken and fearless ever.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Raided Atiku's Sons' Apartment - EFCC / Rivers State Already Uploaded 2 Faulty Results Into The IREV Portal / Bomb Blast At Police Force Headquarters In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.