Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad (38629 Views)

Obiano: I Am The Only Nigerian Governor Who Does Not Receive Monthly Salary / Falana: I Have Compiled 32 Court Orders Being Disobeyed By Nigerian Government / Senator Vs Governor: Who Has More Powers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2020
J111333:
I never knew Falana to be such a fool. undecided
you r d fool ,CU's u r nobody. At least ur kids or ur family knows falana or falz d bad guy

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by SmartyPants(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2020
GamalNasser:
By refusing to mention the ex governor do you know Falana has become an enabler for crime ?

With the quality of people we still have as governors in Nigeria State police will be dangerous as it will be abused to the core but in the giving circumstances of a president Buhari that has misused the powers of the police to further the cause of Islamist Jihadist in Nigeria then we have no option than to opt for state police to save ourselves from the Jihadist

One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government.

See the above. There has already been an attempt at prosecution. Coming out to mention any names at this point would open Mr. Falana to a defamation suit.

3 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Olulinks(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2020
You didn't visit Ogun State in your research. Kindly go back to the drawing board.

GamalNasser:
Just went back in time to do some research and I think he was referring to one Ayo Daramola and all the evidence seem to point to Fayose ..If Fayose was involved in that Killing he will get his karma soon ...I hate people that plot the death of other for any reason

Otunba Gbenga Daniel was the governor of Ogun State, when Dipo Dina, the then governorship aspirant was kiled. Dipo Dina was a world bank expert then.

Though we later heard that it was that wicked man with the long cap that carried out the evil work but covered up with OGD, being alleged that OGD had a killer squad then.

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by arsenal33: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them
wailer spotted
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by IpobAntidote: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2020
celeiyke:

Obanikoro is APC sir. pls be knowledgeable.

Go back and read properly. He was in PDP when Funsho was killed. They were both fighting for the PDP Governorship candidate in Lagos State in 2006.
Obanikoro eventually won the PDP Governorship candidate and ran against Babatunde Fashola in April 2007. We all know the rest of the history.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Ambber(f): 10:43am On Feb 04, 2020
SonofDevil:
was funsho a world Bank expert undecided
Ayo Daramola of Ekiti state comes to mind
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Jabioro: 10:44am On Feb 04, 2020
richard69:
World bank expert Dr Ayo Daramola
You are right..
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

Falana said one of the arguments against the creation of state police was that governors would use them to hunt their political opponents.

He, however, maintained that state police remained the solution to Nigeria’s insecurity problem.

He suggested how state police should be structured to insulate them against abuse by state governors.

A statement on Monday said Falana delivered the maiden Memorial Public Lecture in honour of late Prof. Olumuyiwa Awe at the Trechard Hall, UI.

He said, “Many citizens are opposed to the creation of state police for the fear that it may be used to haunt political opponents of some state governors. I know a state governor in the South-West who once had a killer squad headed by his Chief Security Officer, a police officer.

“One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government. The story is the same in a few other states in the country. To that extent the fear of the possible manipulation of state police is genuine.

“To avoid a situation whereby abuse of police powers is decentralised any security service established by state governments should be democratically controlled. The service will be founded by the state governments and superintended by an independent state police council of five members. The members of the council should be accredited representatives of the state government, labour, women, youths and the business community.

“The service will police the state and see to the enforcement of all the laws enacted by the House of Assembly. The success of the civilian Joint Task Force in the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State has proved that the best way to police a country is to recruit, train and equip young men and women to operate in their own communities.

“The colonial practice of posting police personnel to operate outside their states of regions was meant to suppress and intimidate colonial subjects by strangers. It is a practice which has become counter-productive in a post-colonial state. Every police officer should operate in their community, speak the local language and mix freely with the people.”

https://punchng.com/i-know-an-ex-gov-who-had-a-killer-squad-falana/amp/

Dr Ayo Daramola, an illustrious son of Ijan Ekiti, was a world bank expert; assassinated in his bid to become Ekiti State Governor. May the end of his killers be worse than their beginnings.

I'm not surprised by what Chf Falana said. There are many wicked souls who found their way to the position of power. Awon omo ale jatijati.
Person wey slap and even beat im papa, na im no go fit assassinate any perceived political enemies?

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by machiavelli95: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2020
IpobAntidote:

May be you just arrived from Mars, Fayothug was the God of the IPOB miscreants. He could do anything stupid and the IPOB crww will still support him. A known election rigging monster that killed Daramola.

And no one has the balls to go shoot him I the face? If I were the victim's son I will ensure I send pieces of the killer bastard's family to him. Heck I will hire a private helicopter, load it with explosives and drop it on him in a rally. To hell with the law,Nigerians are lawless people, there can be civil unrest for all I care. Evil people keep on being evil because there seems to be no consequence to their actions.

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Olulinks(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2020
Don't mind them. Dem never hear of OGD!

OlujobaSamuel:
Why are you telling us? Tell the police biko.
Btw, na Fayose bẹ dat, But is Fayose as deadly as Gbenga Daniel? That guy nearly commot everyone for Ogun State

Gbenga Daniel almost killed everybody in the state then. I couldn't sleep with 2 eyes closed until he finished his term.

Till now, the bank expert called Dipo Dina died during OGD term in office and we never sabi the real killer till now.

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by SenatorBright(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already

Na Fayose Dem dey talk. He murdered Ayo Daramola
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lagos state...if Funsho Williams comes to mind, then you go don know the governor already
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Hypocrite, what did you do about it, why didn't you file a petition back then? Baba I beg shift go one side, people in Naija are still dealing with the plague (Gen M Buhari) you brought upon them
Falana could not have brought PMB
Falana is just one person
The citizens of Nigeria chosed PMB over gej

Get that into ur head ipobist

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Born2Breed(f): 11:02am On Feb 04, 2020
grin

Some Nairalanders are smart.

RIP Daramola. That's the reason OBJ has refused to forgive someone till date.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by klax(m): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:
Human rights lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, SAN, said on Monday that he knew a former governor in one of the South-West states who had a killer squad that helped him to eliminate his political opponents.

Falana, who spoke at the University of Ibadan, said the former governor’s killer squad was headed by a police officer, who was the Chief Security Officer to the then-governor.

He said one of those killed by the killer squad was “a World Bank expert,” but he did not name the former governor in question.

Falana said one of the arguments against the creation of state police was that governors would use them to hunt their political opponents.

He, however, maintained that state police remained the solution to Nigeria’s insecurity problem.

He suggested how state police should be structured to insulate them against abuse by state governors.

A statement on Monday said Falana delivered the maiden Memorial Public Lecture in honour of late Prof. Olumuyiwa Awe at the Trechard Hall, UI.

He said, “Many citizens are opposed to the creation of state police for the fear that it may be used to haunt political opponents of some state governors. I know a state governor in the South-West who once had a killer squad headed by his Chief Security Officer, a police officer.

“One of the unarmed citizens mowed down by the illegal squad was a World Bank expert. All efforts to prosecute the suspects, who were indicted in several killings of unarmed citizens by the squad, have been frustrated by the state government. The story is the same in a few other states in the country. To that extent the fear of the possible manipulation of state police is genuine.

“To avoid a situation whereby abuse of police powers is decentralised any security service established by state governments should be democratically controlled. The service will be founded by the state governments and superintended by an independent state police council of five members. The members of the council should be accredited representatives of the state government, labour, women, youths and the business community.

“The service will police the state and see to the enforcement of all the laws enacted by the House of Assembly. The success of the civilian Joint Task Force in the counter-insurgency operations in Borno State has proved that the best way to police a country is to recruit, train and equip young men and women to operate in their own communities.

“The colonial practice of posting police personnel to operate outside their states of regions was meant to suppress and intimidate colonial subjects by strangers. It is a practice which has become counter-productive in a post-colonial state. Every police officer should operate in their community, speak the local language and mix freely with the people.”

No state police. No state police. No state police.

Amotekun is ok

Waiting for SE version

Waiting for SS version.

State police cant work Hell Rufail come to mind.

Bello of Kogi come to mind

Gandudollar come to mind(sanusi will be dead)

So BIG NO to state police.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Scaryface: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2020
gbenga daniel had one too
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by colestephan86: 11:09am On Feb 04, 2020
iwaeda:

Dunno of others but SW, SS and SE governors are guilty.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Sunjay13(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2020
I don write am b4,I come think twice,then i cleared. Late Sugar Oga boss's. am. grin.
beejay85:

If I say "O" you say "G" another man say "grin"...OGD..omo Na you s'Abi.. .lol
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by duro4chang(m): 11:20am On Feb 04, 2020
majamajic:

We all know him , no need to mention
I do not know. Please tell me.I want to know.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by zoghys: 11:21am On Feb 04, 2020
[quote author=GamalNasser post=86352131]By refusing to mention the ex governor do you know Falana has become an enabler for crime ?

You should know better. You don't comment on case already at court, but then a little remark won't do anybody any harm. The man is just been careful, and who won't be.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by adelaja70(m): 11:24am On Feb 04, 2020
hush15:

Na Bourdillon jare. Many don't know but under tinubu was many world Bank projects in Lagos. At least, if at all, I can't count the many Lagos state water corporation projects
sponsored by world bank. Is it the PPP or the adiyan waterworks or the iju waterworks....
YOU GO SCHOOL AT ALL? IF YES,, BEG THEM TO REFUND YOUR MONEY.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by MiseryIndex(m): 11:26am On Feb 04, 2020
This dude has Mouth Diarrhea.Mention the Name or Shut Up

1 Like

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by amanzejude(m): 11:29am On Feb 04, 2020
Tired Horse collapses after doing the job of OKADA and KEKE-NAPEP.

SEE THE VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX7iU8QqslM
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Let me guess.It is that man always with tall cap.That returned a cache of ammunition after his tenure. Dipo Dina blood and many others are on his neck.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by 12inchess: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Wisdom is profitable to Direct. He gas already mentioned the name without mentioning the name. We all know who he is talking about already so why give yourselves head ache. He was pretty specific.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by kayjay69(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2020
The ex-governor in question is non other than Peter Ayodele Fayose. The world bank expert he refers to is the late Ayo Daramola who was killed in 2006 whilst building up momentum to run on the platform of the PDP against the erstwhile governor incumbent, Fayose.

It could also be Gbenga Daniel and Dipo Dina but I have no pointers to the latter being a world bank expert at any point in time so my money is on Fayose.

Anyone who grew up around the time I did in Ekiti knows Fayose had killer gangs but the truth is this is not peculiar to Fayose alone, almost every Politician has some sort of killer gangs, in the case of governors it's easier cos that is what they use their allocation for security votes for.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Stillthebest: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2020
kiss

What an expensive statement from a man whom if called to expressly state the Ex-Gov who has the killers squad with facts, would begin to murmur.

There is no serious country that such statement would be made without the messenger being called by either FBI, Nato, Interpol and back home, Dss to come and explain what he knows.

2 Likes

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Karac: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2020
Abeg who killed Dipo Dina
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Nancy1986: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2020
anonimi:

Must be the bullion van man who keeps Falana on his payroll for disruptive political activities aka cashtivists.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6455791_img20171223213452227_jpegaba3147253e469fb84a244a27892199c
the government is paying him to keep still once you pay them they calm down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by kayjay69(m): 11:52am On Feb 04, 2020
Femi Falana has been a consistent critic if not the most consistent critic of government, from the military to the civilian regime. He has zero love for Tinubu and I do not think he is on his payroll. Although at times I feel like his career as a lawyer (having taken up dubious clients such as Jimoh Ibrahim a.k.a Corporate Virus) sometimes confuses his love for activism, but activism doesnt pay the bills and Nigerians do not even know who their heroes or villains are anyway. The poster of that message on facebook and similar messages fails to realise this and I actually sense a tinge of ethnic undertone to his sarcastic comment.

We can all agree that Nigeria under Jonathan was not working. And we can also agree that Nigeria under Buhari is definitely not working. Trying to use fuel pump price as a pretext to making some kind of misguided comparison is downright mischievous. I agree some gains were made under GEJ, I'll be the first to point out that he was a complete gentleman and often tried to allow the rule of law follow it's due course. However, the economy was not working and it is still not working. Whatever made it seem like it was working under GEJ was due to high oil prices, when those came crashing down, we had a hard reset our realities.
Nancy1986:
the government is paying him to keep still once you pay them they calm down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by TGM2015: 11:53am On Feb 04, 2020
anonimi:

You don't know what you are talking about.
Sit down somewhere and refresh your memory extensively before you comment on this subject again.
Okay, you mean AC instead of APC? We all know that AC collapse to be APC. Anyway it would have been a good gesture to help in that regards by highlighting what I don't know.

For your information, you can Google Assassination of Dípò Dínà and also survey Ogun State, most especially Abẹ́òkúta people, opinions and information on Gbenga Daniels Killer Squad. Tai Solarin University of Education and Olabisi Onabanjo University students during that period can give you more convincing facts on it. You may later know who don't knows what he is saying after that.
Re: Falana: I Know An Ex-Governor Who Had A Killer Squad by Dizzyrascal(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Nah DAT man wey......

bros abeg no complete that statement oooo.....that particular man is eyeing the presidency....if he come go become president ehnnn.....you.would be charged for hate speech and treason....I like u that is why I dey tell you... remain blessed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“Femi Fani-kayode, You Are A Madman” - Mr Jollof / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Why We Raided Atiku's Sons' Apartment - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.