Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story (18610 Views)

I Became Abusive By Chance And My Girl Loves It / Evangelist Jacinta Nzilani: I Became A Lesbian After My Husband Died / Sexual Harassment At Workplace - My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by madamgrace: 8:10pm On Feb 06, 2020
Let me share a personal story on how I became a house owner in Lagos.

It all started in February 2019 (exactly 2 years ago) when my landlord increased our rent from by almost 50%. The increment was just too much for me to handle. I discussed with my husband that my salary would not be able to afford the new rent. I also informed him how struggled to keep up with what we were paying. (NB: My husband is hoping on God for a job- you know Nigeria situation). So I discussed the issue with a colleague, who advised me to find way to by land and start building. Her advise sounded academic to my ears as I can't afford the huge amount of money that landowners are demanding.

Fast forward to April 2019, I was introduced to a estate developer attached to Mixta Flex along Lekki-Epe axis by same colleague. I was reluctant at first but after informing my husband, he gave me the go-ahead to meet him. The estate developer told me of a serviced property called Beechwood Park estate at Lakowe, along Lekki-Epe axis of Lagos, and he narrated how I can spread payment for 25 years after paying an initial amount of #250,000. To be honest, I considered it too good to be true. I did my background investigation as a lasgidi woman before money enter voicemail but didn't find anything to doubt the agent.

On June 2019, I gave it a shot by choosing their 2 bedroom bungalow option, paid the initial deposit of 250,000. But I must confess that it was not easy for our family. We had to quit our former 2 bedroom apartment for a 1 room self-contain flat so as to be able to afford the property. My husband also started hustling in garage to assist the household. He sent his younger brother that was living with us to the village as there is no way he can move with us to our self-contained (we have 2 children).

Right now I have peace of mind that me that left my community in the far away southsouth and abandoned by uncles and aunties will be a house owner in Lagos. Although we pay #78000 monthly as part of the payment terms, I still have this peace of mind. I know that as long as God is alive, I will someday move into an apartment that is owned by me and my family.

This is my story how I became a homeowner in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by madamgrace: 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
I keep this to reply comments that may arise
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by madamgrace: 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by DaHrNn0001: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2020
You are a rare kind,a different breed of ideology... Even with your husband jobless, you still respected his place in the family and worked together with him... May God bless you,keep your home and give your husband a good job to pay off for the house... Kudos

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by madamgrace: 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2020
DaHrNn0001:
You are a rare kind,a different breed of ideology... Even with your husband jobless, you still respected his place in the family and worked together with him... May God bless you,keep your home and give your husband a good job to pay off for the house... Kudos
Amen o. When my husband married me I only had ND. he saw me through my HND even with his little salary then and luckily I got a fairly good job after school. I am always loyal and indebted to him. I pray God answers our prayer.

5 Likes

Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by yanabasee(m): 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2020
What does it mean to be a home-owner and be paying N78,000 every month??

More like you are still paying rents....
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by enm(m): 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2020
DaHrNn0001:

AMEN.
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by madamgrace: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
yanabasee:
What does it mean to be a home-owner and be paying N78,000 every month??

More like you are still paying rents....
Unlike rent, the house is mine. We just have to keep our monthly payment.

I am 34 years now, my husband is 41, in 24 years I will be 58, while my husband 65. What this means is that we have assurance of serviced accommodation at our middle and advance ages.
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by JubrinElSudan: 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
madamgrace:

Unlike rent, the house is mine. We just have to keep our monthly payment.

I am 34 years now, my husband is 41, in 24 years I will be 58, while my husband 65. What this means is that we have assurance of serviced accommodation at our middle and advance ages.

for how many years will you pay the monthly #78,000? How much was the rent when the landlord increased it by 50%? (i believe it shouldnt be anywhere near #78,000 monthly when divided by 12 months)One of the reasons we run from rented apartment is what happens when one defaults paying rent(could happen via loss of income), what happens when you as a home owner defaults paying the #78,000?
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by Villagemeat: 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Wrong advert. Feb 2019_2020 is just a year. And you said 2 years. Keep lying and pretending to be a woman......,only fools will believe you
Re: How I Became A Homeowner In Lagos - My Story by Pierced(f): 11:23pm On Feb 06, 2020
Advertisement....we see u.

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Main Human Butt Shape (PIX) / These Images Will Make You Reconsider Your Beliefs (photos) / A Letter Of Apology To My Fellow Nairalanders...refiner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.