Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? (1270 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Homosexuals So Much? Religion Or What? / The Simple But Bitter Truth About All Men. / "All Women Are Hoes" The Bitter Truth Nigerian Women Can't Handle (photo Proof) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2020
"I know right from the onset that a Nigerian lady will never be so uncultured to have that kid of nasty experience (I gave him my virginity but he was not good in bed)... BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER"
This was part of a comment from a NLder's post in response to a S.A girl who mentioned she was disappointed on her first sexual experience.
So Nigerian girls have become saints now
I was lucky enough to meet a very well-traveled guy during NYSC camp. His father is actually a diplomat travels the world. He told me that his fathers first hand experience with nigerian girls in diaspora is so shameful. Almost everywhere he goes, the major %tage of problems Nigerian girls have at the embassy is prostitution.
I actually saw with my own eyes the article on a Nigerian female mechanic, I think it was on aljazeera. It was something like " Nigerian lady chooses to become a mechanic, instead of prostitution". That let's you know exactly the reputation they have in the eyes of the world.
So I wonder why that same Nigerian fellow is bashing a girl who mentioned sex. Everywhere on the internet you find Nigerians acting holy and criticizing women from countries like S.A, Ghana and Kenya who are more honest about the way they feel toward sex. Meanwhile no African country is known for prostitution more than Nigeria.
Another fellow said Trump banned Nigeria because he is just "hating on us". Then he mentioned that 98% Nigerians in USA are totally legit and only 2% are into fraud. I wonder where he got that data from. Only two 2% are into fraud but yet investigation into ONE email compromise scam syndicate fished out 70+ Nigerian scammers in USA.
Why do Nigerians see the stark truth facing them and choose to immerse themselves in a self-deceitful web of lies. Isn't this what our politicians capitalize on to treat us like animals? Only when we are able to tell ourselves hard truth can we confront our leaders with their lies

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2020
The point you are trying to make is that most Nigerian girls are prostitutes and that most in the US are into fraud right and that comment from Aljazeera about the lady mechanic was probably shameful right?

First, if a woman is a mechanic, I will only be suprised that she did not go for tailoring, catering, cooking and selling, or hair/wig making and not that she is not a prostitute!

The thing about prostitution depends a lot on perception. There are ladies in developed economies don't mind casual sex, sex with different partners or without marriage but then the Nigerian girls that would rather do it for money as a result of poverty or the subconcious pressure to show off due to her society that taught her that the quick rich lifestyle in an improvished economy is the goal, is reported as a prostitute and tagged as bad.

Also, it matters a lot who has the power to tell a story to millions of people. There are also teenage brides abroad, there are students tgere that have turned to prostitutes and gigolos to pay their uni fees or just as a means of living , young and old, men and women travel to Thailand, Cyrus, Namibia etc just for sex but then such things are not reported on steady to create the same impression like "Nigerians protitutes or Nigerian fraudsters" and such nasty remarks like that from Aljazeera will not not made if the reverse was the case. Plus we have a large population, when we do bad or good things it is easy for the distribution in the data to be skewed towards Nigerians.

Finally, this phrase "in the eyes of the world", which world abeg? The one where they have citizens into all what I stated in my previous paragraphs and more that is out there? The earlier you tell yourself that shit exists everywhere but in different forms the better for you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by alphaNomega: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2020
Because they don't have sense
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
PerseDew:
It won't make front page no need to book space
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Originalsly: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

Only when we are able to tell ourselves hard truth can we confront our leaders with their lies

So what is the hard truth?... what your friend said his father who he claimed to be a diplomat said?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Originalsly:

So what is the hard truth?... what your friend said his father who he claimed to be a diplomat said?
Go and sleep bros. You are obviously being referred to here
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

It won't make front page no need to book space

Hahaha..lots of times by the time I finish typing my comment ends up really far.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
PerseDew:

The point you are trying to make is that most Nigerian girls are prostitutes and that most in the US are into fraud right and that comment from Aljazeera about the lady mechanic was probably shameful right?

First, if a woman is a mechanic, I will only be suprised that she did not go for tailoring, catering, cooking and selling, or hair/wig making and not that she is not a prostitute!

The thing about prostitution depends a lot on perception. There are ladies in developed economies don't mind casual sex, sex with different partners or without marriage but then the Nigerian girls that would rather do it for money as a result of poverty or the subconcious pressure to show off due to her society that taught her that the quick rich lifestyle in an improvished economy is the goal, is reported as a prostitute and tagged as bad.

Also, it matters a lot who has the power to tell a story to millions of people. There are also teenage brides abroad, there are students tgere that have turned to prostitutes and gigolos to pay their uni fees or just as a means of living , young and old, men and women travel to Thailand, Cyrus, Namibia etc just for sex but then such things are not reported on steady to create the same impression like "Nigerians protitutes or Nigerian fraudsters" and such nasty remarks like that from Aljazeera will not not made if the reverse was the case. Plus we have a large population, when we do bad or good things it is easy for the distribution in the data to be skewed towards Nigerians.

Finally, this phrase "in the eyes of the world", which world abeg? The one where they have citizens into all what I stated in my previous paragraphs and more that is out there? The earlier you tell yourself that shit exists everywhere but in different forms the better for you.

I was about to say this is a very intelligent comment although heavily tainted with the usual "What of you nko" Nigerian-style defensiveness when faced with an undeniable proof of shortcoming.
But for your first paragraph to say that means you read the whole post with a defensive and biased mindset.
"in the eyes of the world", which world abeg? The one where they have citizens into all what I stated in my previous paragraphs and more that is out there? The earlier you tell yourself that shit exists everywhere but in different forms the better for you.
Again "What of you nko" is the theme of this paragraph. No self reflection, no objectiveness, just subjective defence; "Them nor dey do am too?"
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by nlPoster: 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2020
Meanwhile no African country is known for prostitution more than Nigeria.

Very strange, or perhaps not.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

I was about to say this is a very intelligent comment although heavily tainted with the usual "What of you nko" Nigerian-style defensiveness when faced with an undeniable proof of shortcoming.
But for your first paragraph to say that means you read the whole post with a defensive and biased mindset.

Again "What of you nko" is the theme of this paragraph. No self reflection, no objectiveness, just subjective defence; "Them nor dey do am too?"

I understand but don't see it as a form of defence. I felt your post sounded like the usual cliche of Nigerian girls are prostitutes (sometimes linked to another phrase common on nairaland "foreign women are better" ) and Nigerians are usually linked to fraud. I only tried to let you see that it is mostly due to poverty and the society that culturally likes to do things flamboyantly which requires money even in the midst of poverty. With the "how the world is looking at us", I felt it was not needed, these issues exist there too but ours has more emphasis.

I accept there was no take on how to make it better in my post, this is it below;

Yes Nigerians don't tell themselves the truth and the youths need to change their orientation about life to enable them face their leaders. So, I think it would be better to see threads or talks or even memes in our social space concentrate on life, it's essence, how ephemeral it is, how we can go through life actually living it and making contact with people without having the urge to go out of budget to impress, learning to believe in ourselves and concentrate our energy on our talent/strengths or just to develop ourselves and lead or take our various positions wherever seriously. Just things that are just able to give a sound perspective to life, could help drive Nigerians to create a better society, change a person(s) to not see prostitution or fraud as a way out.

Then we have a country of youths willing to question our leaders(the problem is our leaders have a different mindset. Just questions could lead to another thing) and if given the opportunity, the youths will be commited to developing the country for people to have access to the at least to the basics to live a decent life.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by nlPoster: 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
the usual cliche of Nigerian girls are prostitutes (sometimes linked to another phrase common on nairaland "foreign women are better" ) and Nigerians are usually linked to fraud. I only tried to let you see that it is mostly due to poverty and the society

But why is it only Nigeria with these stereotypes? Why aren't other African countries perceived the same way?

They also have poverty and societal stuff though.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
nlPoster:

But why is it only Nigeria with these stereotypes? Why aren't other African countries perceived the same way?

LMFAOOO!! When nigerians want to give excuses for themselves they act like they are the only ones with the same set of circumstances. Hence my thread topic
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=PerseDew post=86462554]
With the "how the world is looking at us", I felt it was not needed, these issues exist there too but ours has more emphasis.
Like the poster above me asked. If these issues exist there too then why does ours have more emphasis? Let me ask u something? Will Iraq say nobody should talk about them as a violent country because violence "exists there too" as you so succinctly put it? Is there anywhere in the world that vice doesn't exist? So when your own as a country is put in the limelight I think its more call to sit up and do some serious self reflection. Not hiding behind the excuse of these issues exist there too.
And you felt "With how the world is looking at us" is not needed? You seem intelligent, don't display this level of ignorance. The world is a global village. You're aware that the number 1 world power just put Nigeria on a ban list among five other countries that shouldn't be able to hold a candle to us. You think that has no other effect than a thread on NL for people to rant on? Let six other developed countries do the same and you'll see what is actually happening. So many freelancing and affiliate marketing websites where young men should earn a legit income have banned Nigerian IP addresses from registering and you felt "how the world is looking at us" is not needed? Naija I hail you
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2020
nlPoster:

I think our societal pressure is much stronger than theirs. I also think other african countries don't have this get rich quick mentality like we do.

Then we have a very large population of people abroad. When we do good or bad, we affect the statistics so much it looks like it is just Nigerians when compared to other africans nations of smaller populations abroad. I may be wrong but that is what I think.

The stereotype is confusing to me especially on fraud or scam. Nigeria is perhaps no 15 in top 20 scammer countries. Why are citizens from other countries on the list also not stereotyped as scammers or fraudsters?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Omar09(m): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:
"I know right from the onset that a Nigerian lady will never be so uncultured to have that kid of nasty experience (I gave him my virginity but he was not good in bed)... BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER"
This was part of a comment from a NLder's post in response to a S.A girl who mentioned she was disappointed on her first sexual experience.
So Nigerian girls have become saints now
I was lucky enough to meet a very well-traveled guy during NYSC camp. His father is actually a diplomat travels the world. He told me that his fathers first hand experience with nigerian girls in diaspora is so shameful. Almost everywhere he goes, the major %tage of problems Nigerian girls have at the embassy is prostitution.
I actually saw with my own eyes the article on a Nigerian female mechanic, I think it was on aljazeera. It was something like " Nigerian lady chooses to become a mechanic, instead of prostitution". That let's you know exactly the reputation they have in the eyes of the world.
So I wonder why that same Nigerian fellow is bashing a girl who mentioned sex. Everywhere on the internet you find Nigerians acting holy and criticizing women from countries like S.A, Ghana and Kenya who are more honest about the way they feel toward sex. Meanwhile no African country is known for prostitution more than Nigeria.
Another fellow said Trump banned Nigeria because he is just "hating on us". Then he mentioned that 98% Nigerians in USA are totally legit and only 2% are into fraud. I wonder where he got that data from. Only two 2% are into fraud but yet investigation into ONE email compromise scam syndicate fished out 70+ Nigerian scammers in USA.
Why do Nigerians see the stark truth facing them and choose to immerse themselves in a self-deceitful web of lies. Isn't this what our politicians capitalize on to treat us like animals? Only when we are able to tell ourselves hard truth can we confront our leaders with their lies

I see you have taken your shot of redpill. Martinez39s here's our new brother. He just woke up from his slumber.

Beer to all the red pullers in the house!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2020
PerseDew:

I think our societal pressure is much stronger than theirs. I also think other african countries don't have this get rich quick mentality like we do.

Then we have a very large population of people abroad. When we do good or bad, we affect the statistics so much it looks like it is just Nigerians when compared to other africans nations of smaller populations abroad. I may be wrong but that is what I think.

The stereotype is confusing to me especially on fraud or scam. Nigeria is perhaps no 15 in top 20 scammer countries. Why are citizens from other countries on the list also not stereotyped as scammers or fraudsters?

Nigeria is number what in top what scammer list?
Nigeria is no further down than number THREE. The only countries that can top us is China and India due to their sheer population. Oh yes and I forgot Russia. Make that four. Best case scenario!

I think our societal pressure is much stronger
Funny. Sort of makes it seem like someone else is the "society" you're referring to, not Nigerians. Lol
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2020
Omar09:

I see you have taken your shot of redpill. Martinez39s here's our new brother. He just woke up from his slumber.

I been woke

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Martinez39s(m): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
Omar09:

It's good to see men waking up.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Omar09(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

I been woke

Still good too.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=crownedrookie post=86463596][/quote]

I am not hiding neither am I being ignorant. I just think the original post about the situation especially prostitution, it could be done by waking up the youths to their potential without the inclusion of what I cited.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by PerseDew(f): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2020
crownedrookie:

Nigeria is number what in top what scammer list?
Nigeria is no further down than number THREE. The only countries that can top us is China and India due to their sheer population. Oh yes and I forgot Russia. Make that four. Best case scenario!

Funny. Sort of makes it seem like someone else is the "society" you're referring to, not Nigerians. Lol

It was quite clear I was referring to Nigerians.

Even if Nigeria is at worst no 4, the population excuse you are giving for China and India does not cancel the fact that more scammers exist there than here or then ours too is by population. Still they are not stereotyped as scammers.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Telling Themselves The Bitter Truth? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Mind Blowing Sex With My Pastor On His Matrimonial Bed / Married Woman Banished From Community Over Sex With Community Small Boys / I'm Going For Big Brother, Nairalanders Pls Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.