Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77960 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2011
^^ Not forgetting the truckload of dross they need to offload somehow - Cole, Aquilani, Konchesky, Poulsen, etc.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by DrDre1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2011
***peeps into thread***
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
tkb417:

With the way I cursed him (Oshea) last season, I knew something was gonna happen to him

He's gone! Fine. He was not good, not bad but just there. We won't miss him like that

Nasri? I don't think that old man wanna sell to us. As it is, ill take any experienced signing for that CM cos ill be alarmed if our midfield will be handled by the duo of Giggs and Carrick.

I don't know what happened but I think the loss of Varane to Madrid is a big loss. Not comfy with a young goalie and about 5/6 young defenders. Even though Varane himself is young, his acquisition would have added a bit of succour to the backline

We desperately need 2 CMs. If Carrick is gonna bounce back to his brilliant form, we are cool but if he's still gonna be tacky all season, then we'll be good with a tiote kinda signing to complement the Nasris/Modrics/Wesleys pending signing

All in all, United will be stronger overall but I doubt the turgidity known with our backline will be there; I expect us to turn out more goals with the acquisition of Young and maybe a Nasri

We should be able to win the league irrespective of whatever 'magic' Mr. AV-B is planning

I see a 2horse race. Mr Daglish is proving to be a lunatic with his signings, Arsenal are about to 'offload' 2 of their best players, Man City are still clueless.

We shd be fine at home but in Europe, wahala fit shele

I tell ya. . . . .na UCL be the ko'ko!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2011
As unspectacular as O'Shea was i can't believe he is gone and dross like Macheda,Diouf,Obertan and Gibson are still around and have even gone to America on pre season.
Fergie continue culling these dross,pls.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2011
debosky:

^^ Not forgetting the truckload of dross they need to offload somehow - Cole, Aquilani, Konchesky, Poulsen, etc.

if i were Cole i will resist every attempt to move.
can you imagine sitting that massive backside on the bench and watching matches for free and earning 100k every week?
football has gone bonkers!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2011
Why is Berba so unhappy?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2011
it hasn't sunk yet that ashley young is now one of us. . . . .

berbatov can't be bothered about preseason. . . . .he is ready for the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
chamotex:

Why is Berba so unhappy?

i hear there is talk of him and cash for Schwinsterger.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2011
mbulela:

i hear there is talk of him and cash for Schwinsterger.

Are you sure you are not hearing strange voices at night? To get Schweinsteiger bring Rooney, Vidic and 20m cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Are you sure you are not hearing strange voices at night? To get Schweinsteiger bring Rooney, Vidic and 20m cool

for bastian? js park and bebe should be a straight swap for bastian. . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by honeric01(m): 12:47am On Jul 12, 2011
dayokanu:

That guy is good, very strong too and a workaholic, they need to add Anderson to that list.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

for bastian? js park and bebe should be a straight swap for bastian. . . . .

You mean JS Park and Bebe in addition to Vidic and Rooney? Then you can make the cash 15m
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2011
You are not taking my js park away!! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

it hasn't sunk yet that ashley young is now one of us. . . . .

This guy will make us bucket loads of goals. . . no doubt about that.
I have a feeling Young will even displace Nani in the team. . . unless Nani can duplicate the form he showed mid-season last year.
Nani to me cant perform under pressure for a spot in the team. That is when he will start trying to do too much and doing 'over-skill'
And I'm sure Young will play in the 'big games' ahead of Nani cos of his work-rate and defensive abilities unlike Nani.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2011
chamotex:

This guy will make us bucket loads of goals. . . no doubt about that.
I have a feeling Young will even displace Nani in the team. . . unless Nani can duplicate the form he showed mid-season last year.
Nani to me cant perform under pressure for a spot in the team. That is when he will start trying to do too much and doing 'over-skill'
And I'm sure Young will play in the 'big games' ahead of Nani cos of his work-rate and defensive abilities unlike Nani.

i disagree. . . . .

nani is the man for the big games. the only problem here is valencia is equally good in his own ways. nani is less effective when playing on the left flank. that is when you see him trying to piss about with the ball. on the right wing, nani is a beast. extremely talented with trickery and with 18 league assists last season, he showed he's come of age and can even do better if he gets run of games without shifting him to accommodate antonio.

the left side is a toss between park, young, obertan and giggs. . . . . nani and valencia will compete for the right hand side.

dayokanu:

You mean JS Park and Bebe in addition to Vidic and Rooney? Then you can make the cash 15m

vidic will cost more than any bayern player. rooney's fees will probably buy the allianz arena plus the toughest prison yard in germany.
accept bebe and park for bastian in a straight swap and we don't owe each other a penny. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

i disagree. . . . .

nani is the man for the big games. the only problem here is valencia is equally good in his own ways. nani is less effective when playing on the left flank. that is when you see him trying to piss about with the ball. on the right wing, nani is a beast. extremely talented with trickery and with 18 league assists last season, he showed he's come of age and can even do better if he gets run of games without shifting him to accommodate antonio.

the left side is a toss between park, young, obertan and giggs. . . . . nani and valencia will compete for the right hand side.

Young is hungry and will be itching to prove himself. His work-rate is as good as anyone in the team.
I'm still not totally convinced Young will be playing as a winger tho . . . do you?
I see him playing in a withdrawn attacking role/free role just as he did for Villa last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:22am On Jul 12, 2011
chamotex:

Young is hungry and will be itching to prove himself. His work-rate is as good as anyone in the team.
I'm still not totally convinced Young will be playing as a winger tho . . . do you?
I see him playing in a withdrawn attacking role/free role just as he did for Villa last season.

it depends on who is available to play. playing young in a withdrawn attacking role is keeping rooney/berbatov on the bench and there are no better 'number 10s' than this duo in the league. young will only play there if two of rooney, berba and chicharito are injured/suspended.

ashley young's strength is cutting in from the left and delivering those tasty crosses. he's so good at doing that and his set-piece is excellent as well. fergie knows what to do. all we need now is 2 dynamic midfielders and we are good to go! fletcher is still recovering. are we sure his virus isn't hiv?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Mobinga: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2011
chamotex:

Why is Berba so unhappy?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin He's fed up with life at Manchester, he'd be better off at Liverpool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fletcher has been inflicted by a voodoo curse by Wenger through his African connections. The guy has caused us way too much grief and is paying for his sins. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2011
debosky:

Fletcher has been inflicted by a voodoo curse by Wenger through his African connections. The guy has caused us way too much grief and is paying for his sins. grin

Sharap dia Deborah!! na u do the juju?
Wenger needs TB Joshua for deliverance from paedophilia!! tongue tongue grin
Why you won't give him the link to Ikotun is what i don't know! As I heard u are Monsieur Wenger's Spiritual Personal Adviser!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^

I have a 2 year contract with the Ivorien voodoo men so maybe we will look into Ikotun when the deal is up for renewal. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

fletcher is still recovering. are we sure his virus isn't hiv?

you are a case.
there was a rumour that it was not just an ordinary virus.
anyway,the official news is that he has recovered but they don't want him to travel excessively to US and back.he should play in scholesy's testimonial.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mbulela: 4:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
dayokanu:

Yaba don dey call you.
he is that good and Bayern were that horrible last season?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
debosky:

^^

I have a 2 year contract with the Ivorien voodoo men so maybe we will look into Ikotun when the deal is up for renewal. grin grin

Not when the contract has failed to deliver!!Abi na make him kukuma cancel ur own contract
I can now vividly see where Wengay's problems lye.
It is you Debo. Instead of recommending Rev. King or T.B Joshua to him you took him to a headless voodoo
that has rendered Monsieur Drogba et al impo. . . .!!

Debo change your ways. . . . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
coogar:

it depends on who is available to play. playing young in a withdrawn attacking role is keeping rooney/berbatov on the bench and there are no better 'number 10s' than this duo in the league. young will only play there if two of rooney, berba and chicharito are injured/suspended.

ashley young's strength is cutting in from the left and delivering those tasty crosses. he's so good at doing that and his set-piece is excellent as well. fergie knows what to do. all we need now is 2 dynamic midfielders and we are good to go! fletcher is still recovering. are we sure his virus isn't hiv?

I think an AM is more important . . . someone that would guarantee at least 10 goals per season.
Carrick plays DM very well . . . and I think Phil Jones can be reliable in that position too if we need.
Relying on wing play most times could affect us . . . we need flexibility.

Have you been watching the Copa America? Freddy Guarin looks decent
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
chamotex:

I think an AM is more important . . . someone that would guarantee at least 10 goals per season.
Carrick plays DM very well . . . and I think Phil Jones can be reliable in that position too if we need.
Relying on wing play most times could affect us . . . we need flexibility.

Have you been watching the Copa America? Freddy Guarin looks decent

name one fergie team that has not relied on wing play - that is our way! from giggs to beckham to ronaldo to nani to bebe. it's one area fergie invests heavily.
martin o'neill also wanted that method but the lack of funds in aston villa meant the quality wasn't really up to scratch. but they played well with young, milner, etc. . . .

guarin is decent but i have been mostly impressed with alexi sanchez - he has been the star of the tournament!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
Bebe is Nani's successor? grin grin grin

@ Hemp boy

My voodoo man stole Drogba's mojo. . . .just you wait - I am renegotiating my deal now, na trial I dey do before. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.