Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,805 members, 7,956,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:03 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (81453 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^
shut up,sharon. it is public opinion dat u and dayokanu are among the worst ideeots from west africa. Isnt that the reason u changed username? why did u stop usin ur sharon username? Shameless mor0n.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
shut up,sharon. it is public opinion dat u and dayokanu are among the worst ideeots from west africa. Isnt that the reason u changed username? why did u stop usin your  sharon username? Shameless mor0n.

you are the biggest vermin on the forum. how many times will i tell you i am not sauron? it seems the longer you exist, the dumber you will get. the iq of an average gaynner is less than 5 so i won't be bothered with your rants? if anybody in this day n age can reason like a slug the way you do, then the only logical conclusion is you must have lacked protein(needed for brain development) as a tot. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^
lets face it boy. honestly,d u believe anyone doubts if u r sauron or not? if there be any such person,he is as dumb as u or DKhead. u r a bigger fool than i imagined if u really think u r decievin anybody.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
lets face it boy. honestly,d u believe anyone doubts if u r sauron or not? if there be any such person,he is as dumb as u or DKhead. u r a bigger fool than i imagined if u really think u r decievin anybody.

we have heard you. it seems you have a bit of time on your hands where you work as a house-boy. i shouldn't be found engaging in a discourse with a brain-dead fecal matter that you are. enjoy your day - you ignoramus!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^
Yes,i'm a houseboy. if dat b true,u r a houseboy too. just that u r a fullish,useless houseboy. hence,d name sharon
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
Yes,i'm a houseboy. if dat b true,u r a houseboy too. just that u r a fullish,useless houseboy. hence,d name sharon

ding! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2010
cou-gar:

ding! grin

You are LOSTING grin it by arguing with this oaf.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by dipo2much(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2010
he he he. here comes his twin.
aki n popo. Berbatov n bebe.
simpletons
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2010
So are we dropping Berbatov to d bench against Chelsea again?

Can we just try to beat dem and be ahead with 6 points? Cos I know both of dem would play draw when they meet afterwards!

A win for us would guarantee about 10-11 potential point gap if they don't beat arsenal (added 3 pts from d game against Blackpool)

We must win that game
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 15, 2010
dipo2much:

i maintain dat 'injuries is'. if u are here to check errors,good way to spend your time.
Even the great deciever/misinformer debosky would shoot you for that gaffe.
I won't start my day lecturing an obvious,unrepentant block-head on simple tenses.
@tkb,
Unfortunately playing Berbatov would play into Chelsea's hands.
A 4-5-1 with Rooney spearheading the attack would be fine,though I'm not sure if it will guarantee us the win we desire.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 8:00am On Dec 15, 2010
All Hopes and expectations!!
If dropping Berba to the Bench is what it will take to beat Chelsea, so be it.
All i know is that Chelsea will be tough and i will take a point given that they have re-inforced
with most of their players returning. . . but we need to probe whoever pairs Terry and their Right back.

I am only worried that trying to shore up the middle will cost us more strikers playing.
Nevertheless, lets see how it goes. Fletcher and Carrick really needs TB Joshua for deliverance.

To be frank with you, we are missing Valencia despite his one legged/dimensional style of play.
At least, you are assured of his crossed into the opponent's box and also a cover for the RFB.

Lets see how Nani and Park handle Cashley and Ferreira!!
As for Rafa and Ando, the Brazillians are digging it for moi. . . . .but Ando should go and learn how to score from Chicharito!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 15, 2010
@emperor
Well said!
Chealsea is a more physical team than arsenal hence the need to play five accross the middle.Nevertheless, we can introduce berbatov as the game stretches out to boost our attacking threat.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 9:05am On Dec 15, 2010
The game against chelsea will be high octane.

But inasmuch as the passing in the game against the Arses was suspect, i was impressed with the way United hussled those Arsenal players in the middle. I dont think the chelsea midfield would be able to cope, Ramires and mikel cant cope with what i saw on monday.

Essien and lampard might make the diff, but they are not exactly on form now. so i'll give the midfield to United.

We should start with 4-5-1 that would be the best formation. Berbatov should start from the bench abeg!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 15, 2010
'With the way the midfield is,Carric k and Fletcher might just sell us short.
At least Fletcher can tackle.Carrick looks off-colour.Neither seems to have the creative passing that they once had. . .
That's why I'm sceptical of a 4-5-1 with those two in it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:33am On Dec 15, 2010
StarBoard:

At least Fletcher can tackle.Carrick looks off-colour.Neither seems to have the creative passing that they once had. . .

I agree but i don't think we have a choice at the moment. I'm done with Berbatov so I really think the way forward for us at the moment is 5 in the middle in this Chelsea match.

I do suspect SAf will change the team again though i just hope it wont be OShea coming on.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2010
Is anythn wrong with Carrick and Fletcher for real?

Na wa o. I dey fear to talk b4 den attack me for here

Abeg ill talk, Carrick need deliverance. Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2010
StarBoard:

Lets look at it this way.

if we have to play 4-5-1 without those two, who would be the best replacement?

Except we introduce Hargo grin grin Is he still a UNITED player?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 9:59am On Dec 15, 2010
coded guy:

Lets look at it this way.

if we have to play 4-5-1 without those two, who would be the best replacement?

Except we introduce Hargo grin grin Is he still a UNITED player?

It just points to the fact that we need some signings in midfield. we need a Scholes & Hargreaves replacement and another quality winger to replace Giggs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2010
Carrick will start against Chelsea . . . . he is the only one that sits in front of the back four.
Scholes will be fit but whether he will start remains to be seen cos I cant see Fletch or Ando losing their place.

Same team against the Arses is fine by me . . . If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Our wing play will be very important against Chelsea . . . there will be chances to find space behind Asheley Cole when he bumps forward but we will need to move the ball quicker than we did against the Arses.

Did someone just mention 'O'Shea to play against Chelsea?' shocked shocked shocked If na play make you stop am o.
They should just give Chelsea the 3 points then . . . no point playing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2010
@Mancs,
For all Chelsea's present troubles,Essien/Lampard are a different kettle of fish from Diaby/Song/Wheelchair/Fabregas/Rosciky/whichever-clown-they-put-in-there.
The reason Carrick/Fletcher didn't seem to be bothered Monday night was because those wannabes couldn't get their acts together.If one of those jackasses from Arsenal who featured on Monday was able to get something done,we might have been saying a different thing as per the outcome.I'm not so sure,no matter how out of form Essien/Lampard seem to be,we might get lucky if Carrick/Fletcher repeat that inept showing on Monday.
And while we might not have any other options,it would mean a 4-5-1 with that pair in the middle of the park wont be effective in my view.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Roll call:
debosky
HNIC
slimshay
duduspace
Ifedisky (a.k.a hole-in-the-brain/housefly/follow-follow)
ritchboy

All ABSENT from the United thread/Nairaland all together after monday night,after rousing up so much noise.
Or like dayokanu says,they've conveniently forgotten their NL passwords.
Let me help. . .try DELUSIONAL. . .it should work. . .
Abeg,make una show face,even we have forgotten about the game. . .one dipo2much is really nothing more than a nonentity. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^^
Leave Les Arses alone now!!!
What you have done to them will suffce and will last them a whole season.

Mancs,
I am just thinking, so as to have some creativity in the middle, why don't we just do Fletcher and Ando as DFM and then, prop in a Berba who is a deep dropping striker to string them destructive passes to Roo and the attacking wingers?
Just a thought. . . . i just know he is a liability defensively.

Whatchu guy think?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
Thank God ure not a coach.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
Anderson has signed a new contract til 2015
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
Yeah! Congrats Ando
Good for UTD!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
Emperoh:

[color=#550000]^^^^
Leave Les Arses alone now!!!
What you have done to them will suffce and will last them a whole season.
The rubbish they have propagated on the Sports section should be enough to sentence them to prison for libel.
It's almost 48 hours since the game and none of them is still here to postulate on how Nasri is the best player in the EPL or Nasri shytes on Nani.
Bloody collection of irrepresible id.iots led by the pinhead debosky. . .Freedom is not a commodity you give to ignoramuses especially Arsenal fans.I can understand why dictatorships clamp down on free speech when Gunner fans are around.
Mr_TA:

Anderson has signed a new contract til 2015
Hope he lives up to the hype this time.All we need is the reproduction of the 2007/08 form,and we'll be fine.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
chamotex:

Carrick will start against Chelsea . . . . he is the only one that sits in front of the back four.
Scholes will be fit but whether he will start remains to be seen cos I cant see Fletch or Ando losing their place.

Same team against the Arses is fine by me . . . If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Our wing play will be very important against Chelsea . . . there will be chances to find space behind Asheley Cole when he bumps forward but we will need to move the ball quicker than we did against the Arses.

Did someone just mention 'O'Shea to play against Chelsea?' shocked shocked shocked If na play make you stop am o.
They should just give Chelsea the 3 points then . . . no point playing.

fergie is likely to play 4-4-2 with chelsea. playing chelsea and playing arsenal are two different issues. arsenal have a highly mobile midfielders with their pass-n-move tactics so you have to load the midfield up to overrun them. chelsea are a different kettle of fish. their midfielders are robots/immobile. we have nothing to lose playing them in a 4-4-2 system. chelsea's weakest link is paulo ferreira. if we can pit him with nani, with rooney and berbatov as strikers then chelsea will be toast. in all the big games we have played against chelsea in recent past, fergie deployed the 4-4-2 system. i doubt he will change it now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 7:19pm On Dec 15, 2010
Hard to 2nd guess SAF. He does like tinkering with the team so I really think its unlikely he plays the exact same 11.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
tkb417:

Is anythn wrong with Carrick and Fletcher for real?

Na wa o. I dey fear to talk b4 den attack me for here

Abeg ill talk, Carrick need deliverance. Lol

^^ sad Ehen, hmm! Shebi you don start I quite agree with cou-gar on the formation against Chelsea (4-4-2) but Fergie might look at this particular game differently. I may be wrong, but in the past two/three seasons, United have only won against Chelsea by playing an attacking game:

WINS (Formation 4-4-2)
Community Shield (2010): ST - Rooney (Berbatov) and Owen (Chicharito) - N/B (subs)
Champions League (2008): ST - Rooney and Tevez - Though it was a draw after 90 mins, we showed more attacking prowess
Premier League (2008): ST - Rooney and Berbatov

DRAWS/LOSES (Formation 4-5-1)
Premier League - Home and Away(2009): ST - Only Rooney
FA Cup Final (Forgotten the Year): ST - Only Rooney

Having five midfielders in the middle of the park will be better off defensively not offensively; i.e. it'll prevent us from conceding easily however, when we have possession or try hitting on counter attack, the lone-striker option will limit our chances of scoring against a team that boosts robost midfielders/defenders+Cech unlike Arsenal, save Chelsea's dip in form were to continue. . .
Meanwhile, I am a lil' bit certain SAF will not risk playing 4-4-2 at the bridge, but we all know the gaffer always has some tricks to roll off his sleeves so I'll keep my fingers crossed. The pensioneers will definitely be all out for a win, but we'll prove to them why we're yet to be beaten in the EPL. And the Reds go marching on and on. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by RuuDie(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
I don't really care about the stats but I just love the threat we pose with two forward players --- one player up top and we leave room for their defence to push players forward.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by cougar1: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
RuuDie:

I don't really care about the stats but I just love the threat we pose with two forward players --- one player up top and we leave room for their defence to push players forward.

that's the thing! one cannot persist with the same formation all the time to beat different teams. this is what arsene wenger is yet to learn and the reasons he has lost 5 games already this season. i am not sure if this is because wenger is lethargic or it's because he doesn't have enough players in his team that are adaptable to alternate formations. we can beat chelsea with 4-4-2. going 4-5-1 against chelsea won't give us enough ammo upfront as rooney cannot easily bully john terry. if he manages to outfox terry, he must outfox petr cech too. with 2 strikers, we have a chance to beat em at stamford bridge.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mojounited(m): 10:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^Guys, a 4-4-2 formation against the pensioneers would be good for me but we can't afford to open up so early in the game; maybe SAF will switch to 4-4-2 in the 2nd half, but we don't have the home adavantage and the refree at the bridge is another ball game entirely (remember last season and 2 seasons ago at the bridge - dubious calls leading to Kalou's equalizer and Ballack's penalty respectively?)

As United fans, we're excited about winning amid Chelsea's recent dip in form to widen the gap at the top of the table but Chelsea is not just gonna fold and watch us play. All forms will be thrown out of the window when both teams meet and I believe the gaffer will do the nitty gritty as per his plans for the game; just leave the game to SAF guys, I don't have any doubts about his plans as he's proven me wrong time and again. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Real Madrid : UCL (4 - 3) On 26th April 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.