Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

"CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President (8722 Views)

NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Boko Haram Raids Yobe Towns,steals Foodstuffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by violent(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2010
President of the Senate, Mr David Mark, on Monday, dismissed the Governor of Central Bank (CBN) Mallam  Lamido Sanusi’s claim that the National Assembly was consuming 25 per cent of the total annual national overhead budget, saying it was the CBN that was gulping the largest national overhead cost of 50 per cent.

Mark said going by Mallam Sanusi’s own arithmetic, the CBN was consuming N300 billion, representing 50 per cent, which amounted to double of what the CBN governor alleged that the National Assembly was spending.

According to him, Sanusi was wrong when he claimed that 25 per cent of the total Federal Government’s overhead budget was being used to maintain the National Assembly every year, pointing out that if N150 billion overheads to the National Assembly translated into 25 per cent, it meant that the N300 billion overheads to the CBN amounted to 50 per cent of the national budget.

The Senate President spoke with journalists in Benin City, the Edo State capital, shortly after paying a condolence visit to Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, over the death of his wife, Clara.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/14732-mark-tackles-sanusi-says-cbn-takes-50-of-national-overhead-budget
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Kobojunkie: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2010
roflmao!!!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by strangerf: 11:03am On Dec 14, 2010
So what happens to the remaining 25%?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by tolu001: 11:08am On Dec 14, 2010
Hmm see these shameless legislooters
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 14, 2010
Mark should have come out with a better defence. grin grin the cbn is an institution with offices in most states in nigeria while the NASS is just an entity with about 500 thievies.mschew grin grin
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by slap1(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2010
I think CBN's N300b is justifiable when you consider the number of staff and technology they have to maintain. Why in hell would the legislators gulp 25% of the federal budget? David Mark is shameless. What is he saying? That they are supposed to be the biggest thieves or what?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Kobojunkie: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2010
I laugh at the TECHNOLOGY part of the above response . . . ROFLMAO!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by kaypumpin2(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2010
Are these politicians this dense and daft that they can't conjure simple and credible rebuttal?Why didn't these dunderhead just keep quiet and allow and give room for assumption that he's sensible.His personae as typified by his response oozes buffonery.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Beaf: 11:24am On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians should sit back and enjoy revealation times, while the NASS - CBN quarrell rages. While they continue to leak their innermost figures. . . We be recording. cool
Before things start getting boring, will the Ministries of Works, Agriculture etc also pile in? grin
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by slap1(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2010
@Kobo. Technology is technology. It may not be that sophisticated but all the same, it is technology.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by yeswecan(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2010
Our democracy as its currently configured is not sustainable - you don't need to be an expert to understand that.  Sanusi was spot on and i thought it was over 30 per cent. I think Sanusi echoed Obasanjo's assertion that the National Assembly is a burden to the Nation.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by violent(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Are these politicians this dense and daft that they can't conjure simple and credible rebuttal?Why didn't these dunderhead just keep quiet and allow and give room for assumption that he's sensible.His personae as typified by his response oozes buffonery.

LMAO!!!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by violent(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if Sanusi loses his Job over this, i am betting those orcas are looking for every way/manner to get rid of him, they might just tell him to travel abroad for some kind of training!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Blazay(m): 11:46am On Dec 14, 2010
President of the Senate, Mr David Mark, on Monday, dismissed the Governor of Central Bank (CBN) Mallam  Lamido Sanusi’s claim that[b] the National Assembly was consuming 25 per cent [/b] of the total annual national overhead budget, saying it was the CBN that was gulping the largest national overhead cost of 50 per cent.

Hey. when you fight corruption. . . corruption fights back(Nuhu Ribadu the hypocrite).

Famous words.

You be tief. . . I nor be tief!
You be armed robber. . .I nor be armed robber!

Goooooooooooooooooo "Tikkkkkku"!!!! cool
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
I can understand why he would say that just after paying a (publicity) condolence visit to Oshiomhole.

When one is drowning in money like our esteemed senate president David Mark (N250 million every 3 months, that we know of), one tends to be easily spurred on by sycophants surrounding him, to do and say things the common nigerian (that shouldn't own telephone) would find funny, irrelevant or even repulsive.

Mark i await your time.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by debeginin(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
See how Senate President dey solve maths like primary 3 pupil!Shameless daft!We are coming at ya!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Kennyblues(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
strangerf:

So what happens to the remaining 25%?

The remaining 25% goes to the executive
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by mustafar1: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2010
funny thing is organizations like CBN, NNPC etc all have yearly budgets independent of the nations budget or revenue. i guess david-TelephoneIsNotForThePoor-Mark didnt do his homework that far.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by kaymoney2(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2010
Senate president backside is on fire~~
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by codedguy1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2010
NASS and CBN revealing themselves wikileaks nigerian stylee grin

The amount of thiefry going on this country is beyond comprehension. shocked
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:39pm On Dec 14, 2010
and given another 1,000,000,000 years Nigerians will simply sit-down and continue to shuffer and shmile grin
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ifebazz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2010
See kettle dey call pot black. cool cool cool
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by teskyg: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
David Mark.Your time is off.Gen Onoja for senate.You have done us more harm, it is pay back time for you and your cohorts.This is just the beginning.You will reap whatyou have sown,
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
Ghana Must Go assembly
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by vorosmartm(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2010
violent:

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanusi loses his Job over this, i am betting those orcas are looking for every way/manner to get rid of him, they might just tell him to travel abroad for some kind of training!
He will gallantly resign not get fired, these are the attributes bank CEO's saw that made them kick against his appointment vehemently.
~Bluetooth:

Mark should have come out with a better defence. grin grin the cbn is an institution with offices in most  states in nigeria while the NASS is just an entity with about 500 thievies.mschew grin grin
Its 469, to be precise, you may want to add principal officers
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Oluwabee(f): 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
Really does mark have to reply? They should get a 100 yard of clothe each and wrap their face in it if they are ask why they are doooin that they should say they are ashamed and not reply dis kind of allegation. In short they were not supposed to summon Sanusi in the first instance
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by JUO(m): 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
we must stand against this
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Kx: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
Why dont these senators respect the office they are currently occupying?
Why on earth would d senate president give such a response?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ugeh: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2010
It was better David mark shut his mouth and be considered a fool (or Thief in this case) than open it wide and remove all doubts. Sanusi knows his onions.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by strangerf: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2010
JUO:

we must stand against this

If you lead, I will follow you.

Nigerians, all TALK, no ACTION

Who wan die? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buncha cowards like Blazay cool cool cool cool
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bisiaet: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2010
But for God sake what is wrong with all these our politician that they dont know the right answer to accusation this is shameful I can't imagine a senate president saying all this, this is so sad this people just open mouth and say whatever, this is a serious problem.

If even Sanusi as accused the so called lazy and thiefs legislators can't Mark as senate president just go after investigating the issue and come out with their findings and talk like a responsible man rather than opted for this unecessary outbust? God help us
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by nitrogen(m): 1:26pm On Dec 14, 2010
Trying to clear himself and his fellow looters called "legislators".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’ll Return Nigeria To Good Old Days Of Accountability – Buhari / I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora / PDP Voids Purported Suspension Of Dan Orbih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.