Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

"CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President (8737 Views)

NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Boko Haram Raids Yobe Towns,steals Foodstuffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2010

Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bestsales1: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
how can someone's father be talking like an illiterate, how can he compare CBN to NASS, they are collecting salaries and allowances while the CBN governor is paying salaries of those that are working in all the branches of the office,
greedy idi0ts
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bodejohn(m): 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2010
, gladly Fela would have remixed his old classic to something like, You dey steal, yes, but you dey steal more than me, you be robber, yes but we both dey rob, you be thief, yes we both dey steal, I don't know what will make these legislators remorse.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
nass publish sanusi's salary na

bunch of desperate idiots
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by darlingbas(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Are these politicians this dense and daft that they can't conjure simple and credible rebuttal?Why didn't these dunderhead just keep quiet and allow and give room for assumption that he's sensible.His personae as typified by his response oozes buffonery.

haha i dey laugh at bolded, nairalander never fail to deliver
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nsiman(m): 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
The CBN has offices in the 36 states and Abuja, NASS has just Abuja offices and most constituencies don't have an office, some operate in the house of the rep'tive of that constituency in their states, i think mr. Mark's statement is op?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by clomn(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2010
DAVID DAVID DAVID MARK, HOW MANY TIME DID I CALL YOU.
YOU ARE A BIG SHAMELESS FOOL.

FOR TELLING US THAT WHAT SANUSI SAID IS THE TRUTH.[/b][/i][/b][/b]
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by thompsons: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
CBN is the apex bank in the country running all the banks in the nation.It also maintains admin functions for its in-house activities and all sorts of branch management.So tell me where will the financing come from and how much do they think will be enough to run the CBN let David mark tell us.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by oluite(f): 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2010
violent:

President of the Senate, Mr David Mark, on Monday, dismissed the Governor of Central Bank (CBN) Mallam  Lamido Sanusi’s claim that the National Assembly was consuming 25 per cent of the total annual national overhead budget, saying it was the CBN that was gulping the largest national overhead cost of 50 per cent.

Mark said going by Mallam Sanusi’s own arithmetic, the CBN was consuming N300 billion, representing 50 per cent, which amounted to double of what the CBN governor alleged that the National Assembly was spending.
According to him, Sanusi was wrong when he claimed that 25 per cent of the total Federal Government’s overhead budget was being used to maintain the National Assembly every year, pointing out that if N150 billion overheads to the National Assembly translated into 25 per cent, it meant that the N300 billion overheads to the CBN amounted to 50 per cent of the national budget.

The Senate President spoke with journalists in Benin City, the Edo State capital, shortly after paying a condolence visit to Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, over the death of his wife, Clara.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/14732-mark-tackles-sanusi-says-cbn-takes-50-of-national-overhead-budget

Is this supposed to be a thieving competition or what??
How can he say this!!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by axglide(m): 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2010
i wonder who went and did the arithmetic for him after all these days, mschew  angry it's just plain and clear 25% is not justifiable for a house that cannot table the cries and aspirations of average Nigerians on the floor of the house, and if truly he was quoted as saying this "CBN Steals More Than We Do", has he finally agreed that they steal? lipsrsealed
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Koikoi(m): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
David Mark has by this admitted members of NASS are thieves! shocked He's shameless because there's nothing Nigerians can do about it angry He goes about boasting about it because while we make noise about it, the stealing continues sad
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by sirp2007: 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2010
if 'tribal mark' or wht do they call him knows that Sanusi was collecting more than he ought to,why didn`t the 'stealators' summon him ever since.why did they wait until he has expose them?, stealing silly senetors.these stealators are cheap blackmailers
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bisiaet: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2010
Imagine a person of David Mark say this nonsense out of his mouth for him to say "CBN stole more than us" so he is definately agreed that they stole

Please this is madness as a matter of facts if it were to be in a western world David Mark is out I mean sacked for uttering such statement because it is a statement of acceptability of stealing indirectly as law makers.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by na2day1: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2010
Only in Nigeria
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/363570_NASS_jpgdceaf760826d0f8687b64ae611d8aefc

this cartoon is an insult to rodents everywhere. rodents are not as stupid as the idioots parading themselves in our senate
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Pukkah: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nsiman:

The CBN has offices in the 36 states and Abuja,  NASS has just Abuja offices and most constituencies don't have an office, some operate in the house of the rep'tive of that constituency in their states, i think mr. Mark's statement is op?

Just a point of correction: the CBN does not have offices in the 36 states of Nigeria. The total number of CBN branches, including the Head Office in Abuja, is not up to 30.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Pukkah: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
The Senate President did a poor job with the very shallow defence of their jumbo and extravagant pay but I believe more attention should also be paid to CBN and other insitutions/parastatals.  The sum of N300b is too high as an annual budget for CBN.  Those who are familiar with CBN would agree that it is another leak in the national pocket: their operating and capital expenses are nothing but profligacy at its highest. I just pity Nigeria, no, Nigerians.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by violent(m): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
Pukkah:

The Senate President did a poor job with the very shallow defence of their jumbo and extravagant pay but I believe more attention should also be paid to CBN and other insitutions/parastatals.  The sum of N300b is too high as an annual budget for CBN.  Those who are familiar with CBN would agree that[b] it is another leak in the national pocket[/b]: their operating and capital expenses are nothing but profligacy at its highest. I just pity Nigeria, no, Nigerians.

True talk!
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Beaf: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
If CBN does not account for the monies it recieves, then it is as guilty as the NASS. The CBN has always operated like a secret cult anyway, so its high time it and all other govt parastatals are brought to account. We must avoid getting all sentimental because of the gallant job Sanusi did in exposing the NASS, he too must give account.

Let every fcking kobo in the whole govt framework be accountable. All Ministries (works, agric etc) mentioned in the chopping imbroglio must be forced by the peoiple to give account.

The days of looking on like mugu's have past.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Ibime(m): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
I know of several contracts procured by CBN last year. One particular contract I am in the know about was for technical experts to develop of a yield curve for Nigerias corporate bond market. We've just seen the Flour Mills bond issue, which although a pittance by Western standards represents the largest corporate bond issue in West Africa, and portends a good omen for the future development of our corporate bond market. If these CBN expenditures to develop technical capacity is the kind of expenditure David Mark is talking about, then I dare say he is a fool of the highest order to compare such expenditure to himself and his fellow rodents gnawing the national cake for no purpose except their bellies.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Nsiman(m): 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
Yes i think they (NASS) have admitted the 'legislooters' thief and they want to expose others. Let's wait, i think more is on the way coming as Ayogu Eze last time said there are some govt officials that earn more than them (NASS)
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by beeman80: 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2010
I like this one.They have finally agreed that they STEAL. "CBN steals more than we do".These bunch of legistlators are so shameless and dull for my taste.Why can't Henry Orkah and his men help us in BOMBING these rogues and let us all have peace.
Hisses and walks out of the thread. angry
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Shock(m): 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
Nigerians, haba, always having one bad thing or the other to say about the government, na wa o.

Isn't it obvious that the speaker was explicitly quoted out of context? and you all are so gullible to fall for rubbish Journalism?
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by gangar(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
expences for CBN also includes costs associated with replacing mutilated currency, inspection of all Nigerian Banks etc
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Yorubah(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
Na wa for Nigeria oooo
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by olaolabiy: 3:44pm On Dec 14, 2010
I dey laugh o
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by bababuff(m): 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
You steal, I steal. undecided
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Boboribo: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
David Mark will soon deny the comment just like his friend across the street.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by Libra38: 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2010
Same David Mark who is frustrating the Bagana - Guto (Benue-Nasarawa) Bridge project for his believe that Obasanjo refused to locate the bridge within his constituency?

What can I said. Is it the monumental waste of federal government fund on this project (project abandoned), or the mass lay-off of site workers to the danger of the half way erected pillars is causing the local fisher men and the marketers alike who visit Bagana market via this river?

David! David!! David!!!, seek God's face on time oh lest God will Mark your face with David Golliath
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by lynxnoon(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2010
Bunch of THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by jenuel: 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2010
Talk of a drowning group of looters. The truth is always bitter. Senator Mark,even if Sanusi accepts that NASS gulps only 8.9% of our national budget, it is still very outrageous considering our estimated 150m. NASS members should accept the simple truth and wobble on for the remaining period.
Re: "CBN Steals More Than We Do"---senate President by edoz: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2010
is a pity we dont FEAR GOD in tis country,how can thief like the senetors still be justifing themselves after roping d country, na God go safe tis our nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arase, Others Bungled Bola Ige’s Murder Trial – Son / Nigerian Army Press Release - Disregard False Rumours Of Forceful Vaccinations / Buhari Approves Negotiations For $15 Billion Loans To Finance Rail Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.