Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker (18856 Views)

Why Car Consume Fuel And Brings Out Black Smoke / Do You Know Why Car Is Expensive In Germany Than US? / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2020
Validated:

Insurance in Nigeria is FRAUD. I insured my car and later had an accident that involved Kekenapep. I called my insurance and was shocked to discover the policy does not cover ANYTHING. The broker said what they do is give you document to avoid police harassment. Just imagine!! In 2017 I lost my mother and before then had paid premium for 4 years. The insurance company came up with issue of improper documentation at commencement, yet they were collecting premium on an improperly documented policy. The document for a policy sold to me by their own appointed agent. Stupid as they were, they sent me a demand notice in the new year for my mother that died the previous year without fulfilling their obligation. Insurance in Nigeria is a BIG SCAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON INSURANCE IN NIGERIA.

Which company was this?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by A305: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2020
Na the two I do oooo

Op you should have specificed what kind of insurance policy people should get to enable them get these benefits you listed.

It's the Comprehensive policy.

I have both and currently in the process of getting a claim at present.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by cRobo: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2020
bonnyhope:

bros, supposing i want to insure my car that cost 1.5m with any of the mentioned companies, how much do i need to pay per annum

4% of 1.5 m
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by AreaFada2: 8:16am On Feb 13, 2020
Sirmuel1:
OP, a Car tracker is NEVER waste!!!!
In fact a tracker WILL help reduce your insurance premium. Before an insurance company calculate your cost, they would like to know how secure your Car is.
I wonder. They are not mutually exclusive.
Serious insurance companies will even include installing a tracker device in your car as part of the package if you don't already have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by petuniaevents(f): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2020
You can do both actually. The insurance company installs a car tracker for you(they work in hand with security companies now) and minus that from the premium you will pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by AreaFada2: 8:19am On Feb 13, 2020
Validated:

Insurance in Nigeria is FRAUD. I insured my car and later had an accident that involved Kekenapep. I called my insurance and was shocked to discover the policy does not cover ANYTHING. The broker said what they do is give you document to avoid police harassment. Just imagine!! In 2017 I lost my mother and before then had paid premium for 4 years. The insurance company came up with issue of improper documentation at commencement, yet they were collecting premium on an improperly documented policy. The document for a policy sold to me by their own appointed agent. Stupid as they were, they sent me a demand notice in the new year for my mother that died the previous year without fulfilling their obligation. Insurance in Nigeria is a BIG SCAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON INSURANCE IN NIGERIA.
Name and shame the company here sir.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by enility(m): 8:21am On Feb 13, 2020
SlimBrawnie:
Just calculated the cost of insuring mine yearly @ 4%. It's 140k. Not bad, but what's the best insurance company to go for please? I'm tired of postponing it.

You could go for Consolidated Hallmark Insurance, they pay claims when they emanate
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by AerialMapper: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2020
Most comprehensive car insurance providers will actually insist that the car must have a tracker, the absence of which could void any claims

They will first try to recover for vehicle before paying out any claims and a tracker helps them to do this.

Trackers also assist them in combating insurance fraud.

Secondly, this article is only relevant for comprehensive insurance and not third party because a tracker is of no use in a third party insurance which is what probably 80% of the cars on the road have

Therefore Third party insurance is not better than a tracker and a tracker may be a prerequisite to getting a comprehensive cover

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by MrAligator: 8:24am On Feb 13, 2020
SlimBrawnie:
Just calculated the cost of insuring mine yearly @ 4%. It's 140k. Not bad, but what's the best insurance company to go for please? I'm tired of postponing it.

Check out NSIA Insurance. This guy's have branches in 13 African countries and from what I have seen they pay claims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by enility(m): 8:26am On Feb 13, 2020
bonnyhope:

bros, supposing i want to insure my car that cost 1.5m with any of the mentioned companies, how much do i need to pay per annum

The first question you need to ask is " what kind of policy can I buy?"
We have three basic policies under motor Insurance
1: Third party only
2: Third party, fire and theft
3: Comprehensive; A premium of 10% of the value of the car is charged. However the following discounts may apply:
Vehicles value of 1M and above attract 50% discount

you could DM me for more info 08107497849....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by trytillmake(m): 8:41am On Feb 13, 2020
Insurance is no scam in Nigeria, as has been said there are classes of insurance you can get for your car, house, business facility, life e.t.c

For reliability and best claims use cornerstone insurance also flexibility in percentage required to pay for your premiums.

For inquiries check my signature for number.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Yodexy: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

Good decision.

Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc is the right place to go.

Call or watsapp me on 08148041937

Remember, you take insurance when you don't need it. So that it will be your saving grace when you need it.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Achilles100: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2020
fordunit:

If you are confident you didn't breach anybody the clause. Go to court and take your claim plus damages.

And start paying lawyers as the case drags on.

Abegi, lemme put my car tracker in peace.

The blood of Jesus is still available, e never finish.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Yodexy: 8:53am On Feb 13, 2020
At Mutual Benefits Assurance

Our comprehensive insurance are divided into 3 categories.

Silver --- 2% of value of the car
Gold --- 3%
Diamond --- 4%

If you want full details on the different covers for each category, you can chat me up on WhatsApp 08148041937

You can also go through our website
Mbaplc.com
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by mrZENographer: 8:55am On Feb 13, 2020
TheRealProphet:

God has done much more greater than this and numerous testimony of this nature where they came out without a scratch.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by simondee93(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Shibaraba:
Every one here would agree that the best insurance is bendel insurance.
Below are some of its numerous benefits
1. Steal car at gunpoint. Robbers will turn to your driver. Drop you home and help you carry your bags to your doorstep. They then drive themselves to the police station and report themselves.
2. Car stolen when parked.
Option a. Robber after opening car will turn to washer man. Will wash seat plus engine even under the car. And then wait for you to arrest him.
Option B. Remote tracker. Bees will sting the robber till he return the car to the very spot it was stolen.
3.in case of accident when car tumbles you suddenly find yourself at the other side of the road seated watching the damage from afar. You Don turn breeze.
4. Accident caused by someone else he must buy new car or repair the whole car till its nearly new.
Price.... Yearly subscription 500 naira. Lifetime subscription 1200 with two eggs and one white fowl

Bendel insurance... .We care
Lol ... surest insurance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by OmniSparrow: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2020
The way this article is written, one would think both are mutually exclusive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by SlimBrawnie(f): 9:39am On Feb 13, 2020
Tolzeal:

AXA mansard is a great choice. They re way affiliated to Liverpool FC and reviews about them has been great. Though I never had claims yet.
Thank you. Been hearing of Axa mansard, will check them out

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by jacoik(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2020
Shibaraba:
Every one here would agree that the best insurance is bendel insurance.
Below are some of its numerous benefits
1. Steal car at gunpoint. Robbers will turn to your driver. Drop you home and help you carry your bags to your doorstep. They then drive themselves to the police station and report themselves.
2. Car stolen when parked.
Option a. Robber after opening car will turn to washer man. Will wash seat plus engine even under the car. And then wait for you to arrest him.
Option B. Remote tracker. Bees will sting the robber till he return the car to the very spot it was stolen.
3.in case of accident when car tumbles you suddenly find yourself at the other side of the road seated watching the damage from afar. You Don turn breeze.
4. Accident caused by someone else he must buy new car or repair the whole car till its nearly new.
Price.... Yearly subscription 500 naira. Lifetime subscription 1200 with two eggs and one white fowl

Bendel insurance... .We care
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear guy you killed it. That means our African powers is never waste. I just love these lolxxxxx
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Temptee101(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2020
shocked

Please, take your insurance to first class economies not Nigeria

Nigerians never see food chop, e come be to dash person 80k-120k yearly in the name of insurance

Probably a car you took a loan to buy

Spits

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by nams77: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2020
bonnyhope:

3% of 1.5M. Without excess buy back.
That should be 45k.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by holusormi(m): 10:31am On Feb 13, 2020
Temptee101:
shocked

Please, take your insurance to first class economies not Nigeria

Nigerians never see food chop, e come be to dash person 80k-120k yearly in the name of insurance

Probably a car you took a loan to buy

Spits

The fact say you poor no mean say Na everybody wretched like you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Sirmuel1(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2020
AreaFada2:

I wonder. They are not mutually exclusive.
Serious insurance companies will even include installing a tracker device in your car as part of the package if you don't already have one.

Exactly my point
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Temptee101(m): 10:34am On Feb 13, 2020
holusormi:

[s]The fact say you poor no mean say Na everybody wretched like you [/s]
shocked

Coming from someone whose breakfast is not even guaranteed

It's well with your soul

Spits
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Jaqenhghar: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2020
In Niggeria insurance does t work
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Lucky5000(m): 10:45am On Feb 13, 2020
My name is Lucky
Am a Car tracking technician and consultant, actually it pays to insure you car With insurance companies, But I advice you to also Smart track your Car
Contact Me for more info
0705 054 4060

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Geosystem(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2020
chu12:
The importance of insurance can not be over emphasized....
I have been insuring my car for over 7 years now, about 80k per year.
My first 3 years, nothing happened.

However in the 4th year I had a very bad accident, my car was seriously damaged. I got over 400k from my insurance company to fix the and bring it back to life....

No body is praying an accident or theft.. If it happens ... You are covered..

Which insurance firm?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bobbiiee: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
jp230:
https://insuranceinfong.com/5-reasons-why-car-insurance-is-better-than-car-tracker/

Both tracker and insurance are designed to complement each other. Comparing both is missing the point.
At some point, car owners were advised to use steering locks in Britain.

For me, I do the things stated below.
1) I installed an alarm system because of petty thieves who may want to break the glass to steal. In case you are trying to force you way in, the alarm will sound. The alarm system also has a fuel demobilizer. In case the key fob is not used, the car won't start.
2) I installed fuel cut ( 5 minutes) in a hidden place. When the door is opened and the device is not pressed, the car will stop after 5 minutes.
3) When the car is parked I use the steering lock to lock the steering.
4) I bought a good tracker which I intend to install soon.
5) I did comprehensive insurance with Consolidated Hallmark Insurance. The rate being 3% of the car cost.
6) I have a habit of removing the car documents the moment I step out of the car.
7) I pray for God's protection.

The insurance company paid 5 days after I had a minor accident to the tune that I gave them last year.
It is also advisable to use a good broker when dealing with an insurance company. I pay for my insurance on a tri-quarter basis. That is every four months.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by rebella(f): 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Tolzeal:

AXA mansard is a great choice. They re way affiliated to Liverpool FC and reviews about them has been great. Though I never had claims yet.
Axa Mansard paid me 26k for a car that cost 80k to fix with receipts!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bobbiiee: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
Yohh:
Like how much does it cost to insure a corolla 2005?

3% or 4% of the cost of the car.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Semab(f): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
Good day house, I have been reading alot of argument about insurance polices and claim payment. I will like to chip in this 2 information that is very key to buying insurance policies.
1. You can either buy your a insurance policies through a registered insurance brokers; Reason is that they serve as an intermediary between you(insured) and the insurer(insurance companies) so they know which company is good and pay claims promptly(most of those marketers are driven by Target and they will not tell you the company they are working with is having challenges). They also help you to pursue your claims and make sure it is paid incase of any eventuality with no cost
2. If you are buying your policy without a broker aside your insurance certificate ask for the insurace policy document, read through and make sure you understand the terms and clauses ( all these clauses and terms comes to play during payment of claims.i.e reductions on figures presented for claims)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by PETUK(m): 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
rex750:
ftc

Glo is bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel / How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.