Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker (18859 Views)

Why Car Consume Fuel And Brings Out Black Smoke / Do You Know Why Car Is Expensive In Germany Than US? / 7 Reasons Why Car Jerks When Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bobbiiee: 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
rebella:

Axa Mansard paid me 26k for a car that cost 80k to fix with receipts!

Always engage a good insurance broker. It won't change the cost. The broker acts on your behalf when there is issue.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by 989900: 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
Apples and Oranges.

Additionally, a tracking device does not work only against car theft/carjacking, it is valuable for tons of other reasons: voice monitoring, real time location, vehicular movement pattern, useful in cases of abduction/kidnap, etc.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Legendguru: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Fixedmatch9071: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
SEE BLEW
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bobbiiee: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
jp230:
https://insuranceinfong.com/5-reasons-why-car-insurance-is-better-than-car-tracker/

Both are designed to complement each other. Comparing both is missing the point.
At some point, car owners were advised to use steering locks in Britain.
Below are the few rules i follow.

1) I installed an alarm system because of petty thieves who may want to break the glass to steal. In case you are trying to force you way in, the alarm will sound. The alarm system also has a fuel demobilizer. In case the key fob is not used, the car won't start.
2) I installed fuel cut in a hidden place. When the door is opened and the device is not pressed. The car will stop after 5 minutes.
3) When the car is parked I use the steering lock to lock the steering.
4) I bought a tracker good tracker which I intend to install soon.
5) I did a comprehensive insurance which is 3% of the car cost.
6) I don't keep car documents in the car.
7) I pray for God's protection.

Sometimes last year, i had a minor accident, I called my broker and he took it up. 5 days later payments was made to the tune demanded.
Since going through the insurance broker does not increase cost, it is advisable to go through one. They know what we don't know.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by bobbiiee: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2020
Yohh:

It cost that much?

No, comprehensive insurance is 3% or 4% of sum insured (cost of car). If the value of your car is 1.2 million, multiply it by 3%= 36000. You can pay for it 3 times yearly, that is you pay 12,000 every four months.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by obembet(f): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
Validated:

Insurance in Nigeria is FRAUD. I insured my car and later had an accident that involved Kekenapep. I called my insurance and was shocked to discover the policy does not cover ANYTHING. The broker said what they do is give you document to avoid police harassment. Just imagine!! In 2017 I lost my mother and before then had paid premium for 4 years. The insurance company came up with issue of improper documentation at commencement, yet they were collecting premium on an improperly documented policy. The document for a policy sold to me by their own appointed agent. Stupid as they were, they sent me a demand notice in the new year for my mother that died the previous year without fulfilling their obligation. Insurance in Nigeria is a BIG SCAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON INSURANCE IN NIGERIA.

I can help you get ur claim. Which insurance company
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by zmanto(m): 3:57am On Feb 14, 2020
Shibaraba:
Every one here would agree that the best insurance is bendel insurance.
Below are some of its numerous benefits
1. Steal car at gunpoint. Robbers will turn to your driver. Drop you home and help you carry your bags to your doorstep. They then drive themselves to the police station and report themselves.
2. Car stolen when parked.
Option a. Robber after opening car will turn to washer man. Will wash seat plus engine even under the car. And then wait for you to arrest him.
Option B. Remote tracker. Bees will sting the robber till he return the car to the very spot it was stolen.
3.in case of accident when car tumbles you suddenly find yourself at the other side of the road seated watching the damage from afar. You Don turn breeze.
4. Accident caused by someone else he must buy new car or repair the whole car till its nearly new.
Price.... Yearly subscription 500 naira. Lifetime subscription 1200 with two eggs and one white fowl

Bendel insurance... .We care
God is the only sure insurance company without hidden agender. All other forms na wash only if you believe.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 6:19am On Feb 14, 2020
You are actually right sir.

I usually advice someone not to approach an insurance company directly..

But on a contrary, all business has its own terms and conditions.

However, try and get a competent insurance brokers to handle all your insurance portfolios.

If you don't mind ,we are top 10 brokers in nigeria..

We play the best role... Prompt service delivery...08029012147.... We rank among the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 6:29am On Feb 14, 2020
Good Morning, the money you are paying is not a waste...Keep it up and be paying,loss must occur one day...however, approach a competent insurance broker to avoid stories that touch
PuZZyNegro:
In Nigeria, most insurance companies hardly pay. I have been raising claims for my car damage in one of top insurance companies website but no one is answering me.

I bought another car and just installed tracker. The stress of raising claims here, you would save yourself the time and repair your car.

Besides, in a year, your car may not incur any damage that would require insurance working on it and you will be gifting them free money

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 6:36am On Feb 14, 2020
Yes you are right, with us you are safe...08029012147....top 10 insurance brokers....(HILLTOP INSURANCE BROKERS)../
bobbiiee:

Always engage a good insurance broker. It won't change the cost. The broker acts on your behalf when there is issue.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 6:47am On Feb 14, 2020
It depends on the estimate of repairs you received from your enginner to fix your car..The insurance company will negotiate with him....best advice is to insure through a competent broker. Feel free to reach me 08029012147 ..best advice await you...
ironheart:
How much percentage is paid to the insured? I meant after devaluation?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 6:58am On Feb 14, 2020
Good day, may I know the value of the car? I can help you reduce that amount...best service await you...A broker dictate to insurance companies...08029012147
drkay:
Hmmmm. Paying 250k per anum to insurance company ln just 1 car no beans sha.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 7:22am On Feb 14, 2020
What's the value of your car please, I'm a professional insurance broker...with us, you can Payless with no story during claim...08029012147...you are in a safety hand...no time..
SlimBrawnie:
Just calculated the cost of insuring mine yearly @ 4%. It's 140k. Not bad, but what's the best insurance company to go for please? I'm tired of postponing it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 7:28am On Feb 14, 2020
These are the clauses insurance companies insert into the policy document...e.g BETTERMENT CLAUSE, AUTO GARAGE CLAUSE,SOME WILL NOT EVEN ADD PERSONAL EFFECT TO ASSIST THE INSURED,AUTHORIZED REPAIR LIMIT...etc....but with the help of an insurance broker, you are very safe...08029012147 or scan your policy document for review olabodeibrahim9@gmail.com...
Kendroid:

Pls can you help state some of such clause(s) in order to widen our knowledge more on this topic!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Kendroid: 7:29am On Feb 14, 2020
coolbode1:
These are the clauses insurance companies insert into the policy document...e.g BETTERMENT CLAUSE, AUTO GARAGE CLAUSE,SOME WILL NOT EVEN ADD PERSONAL EFFECT TO ASSIST THE INSURED,AUTHORIZED REPAIR LIMIT...etc....but with the help of an insurance broker, you are very safe...08029012147 or scan your policy document for review olabodeibrahim9@gmail.com...
Alright, thanks!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 7:33am On Feb 14, 2020
What's the value sir?
Yohh:
Like how much does it cost to insure a corolla 2005?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 7:34am On Feb 14, 2020
You can Holla at me now
Kendroid:

Alright, thanks!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 7:39am On Feb 14, 2020
Yes, I'm available...08029012147.//
bobbiiee:

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Yohh: 7:52am On Feb 14, 2020
coolbode1:
What's the value sir?
Like 2million naira.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 8:49am On Feb 14, 2020
I will give you 3% including excess buy back ,plus authorised repair limit of over 45k....excess buy back is the amount to be deducted in the event of any claim I.e if you do with excess no charges...
Yohh:

Like 2million naira.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2020
I can give you 3% including EBB ...NO STORY DURING CLAIM...
cRobo:

4% of 1.5 m
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 8:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
I'm a broker...3%..it will fly plus other juicy benefit..08029012147
nams77:

3% of 1.5M. Without excess buy back.
That should be 45k.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by coolbode1: 8:38pm On Feb 14, 2020
God bless you!!! The best advice is to go through a registered broker...we have an embedded broking slip in which insurer must follow strictly...for more info....08029012147
Semab:
Good day house, I have been reading alot of argument about insurance polices and claim payment. I will like to chip in this 2 information that is very key to buying insurance policies.
1. You can either buy your a insurance policies through a registered insurance brokers; Reason is that they serve as an intermediary between you(insured) and the insurer(insurance companies) so they know which company is good and pay claims promptly(most of those marketers are driven by Target and they will not tell you the company they are working with is having challenges). They also help you to pursue your claims and make sure it is paid incase of any eventuality with no cost
2. If you are buying your policy without a broker aside your insurance certificate ask for the insurace policy document, read through and make sure you understand the terms and clauses ( all these clauses and terms comes to play during payment of claims.i.e reductions on figures presented for claims)
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 15, 2020
PuZZyNegro:
In Nigeria, most insurance companies hardly pay. I have been raising claims for my car damage in one of top insurance companies website but no one is answering me.

I bought another car and just installed tracker. The stress of raising claims here, you would save yourself the time and repair your car.

Besides, in a year, your car may not incur any damage that would require insurance working on it and you will be gifting them free money

Maybe you should specifically named the insurance company instead of generalising and confusing other people.

For me Insurance over Tracker.

I have a comprehensive insurance and my insurer pays whenever I raised claims.

Had an accident early last year and total cost of repairs for my car is over 500k and the 3rd party estimated bill is closed to 100k.

I raised my claim, loss adjuster (mechanic) was sent to access the vehicle at my mechanic workshop within a week, he cut down on somethings and his recommended cost of repairs was paid after I agreed.

Although I am yet to raise another claim more than a year now but whenever I do raise a claim I get paid cost of repairs max 3weeks depending on the damages.

Sometimes within a week, depending on the cost of repairs.

My stand however, if you prefer car tracker to comprehensive insurance that's your decision. I choose comprehensive insurance over car tracker for more than 3 years and I am yet to be disappointed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 15, 2020
Renforce:
Ehnnnn....Is this post for Nigerians? grin

All these insurance companies with too many clauses. Your car could be stolen or damaged in an accident or fire and you'd be hearing John 5, Moses 10 grin

Please it costs less than 20k to install a decent tracker. How much does insurance cost again undecided

For me, comprehensive insurance first tracker second.

However, what do I need a tracker for when I have got comprehensive insurance with add-ons.

Is it not the same tracker a common man on the street can disable with ease.

Some trackers comes with a once time fee whereas some comes with monthly recurring fees for additional protection.

I guess you should investigate properly before making a decision. Also choose the best option not the cheapest option.

If your car value is below a million naira, using a tracker over insurance might be ideal for you but if your car value exceeded 2.5mm naira I would strongly recommend getting a comprehensive insurance over Tracker.

The benefits of insuring a car outweigh installing a tracker to me. (This is my opinion)

Yes comprehensive insurance is expensive compared to installing a tracker however a car tracker would foot cost of car repairs like an insurance company would have done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by Renforce: 8:12am On Feb 15, 2020
BestAccessories:

For me, comprehensive insurance first tracker second.

However, what do I need a tracker for when I have got comprehensive insurance with add-ons.

Is it not the same tracker a common man on the street can disable with ease.

Some trackers comes with a once time fee whereas some comes with monthly recurring fees for additional protection.

I guess you should investigate properly before making a decision. Also choose the best option not the cheapest option.

If your car value is below a million naira, using a tracker over insurance might be ideal for you but if your car value exceeded 2.5mm naira I would strongly recommend getting a comprehensive insurance over Tracker.

The benefits of insuring a car outweigh installing a tracker to me. (This is my opinion)

Yes comprehensive insurance is expensive compared to installing a tracker however a car tracker would foot cost of car repairs like an insurance company would have done.

There's too much sense in this your post bro
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by badmus11(m): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Not all insurance company,
If you need reliable, affordable and trusted insurance company check my signature
Renforce:
Ehnnnn....Is this post for Nigerians? grin

All these insurance companies with too many clauses. Your car could be stolen or damaged in an accident or fire and you'd be hearing John 5, Moses 10 grin

Please it costs less than 20k to install a decent tracker. How much does insurance cost again undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by badmus11(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Not all
TechCapon:
Let me also drop this off. Armed robbers have now gone digital. They now have devices to check if a car has tracker and they disable it. In fact, the first thing they do now is to point a gun to your head and ask you about the tracker before disabling it. When they stole my pastor's car, they first gave him a dirty slap in front of his wife before zooming off with the car. This happened at eleme junction here in Port Harcourt.

On the other hand, Nigerian insurance companies are too fraudulent, they're your friend as long as you keep paying your premiums but as soon as you come to make claims for payments, you become their enemy.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by badmus11(m): 12:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
Check my signature
bonnyhope:

bros, supposing i want to insure my car that cost 1.5m with any of the mentioned companies, how much do i need to pay per annum
Re: 5 Reasons Why Car Insurance Is Better Than Car Tracker by badmus11(m): 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
How much is the value of the car, check my signature
Yohh:
Like how much does it cost to insure a corolla 2005?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel / How To Determine When It's Safe To Overtake (Photos) A Must Read / Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.