Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) (2272 Views)

American Lady Shuts Down Nigerian Women Advising Her Against Dating Nigerian Men / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid) / Dating Nigerian-American girls in the United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
So since returning from Switzerland a few months back, I have decided to go out on a date for the first time.. wink wink

The guy, let's call him Ikye ( not real name) has been on my case since last year.

We met -- not physically-- through a mutal contact ( my close friend at work-- Betty( not real name. Ikye was Betty's cousin and a Doctor; lucky me wink ) and remined in contact.

He's smart -- at least on phone, sounded confident through our voice notes chats, although I could sense some jitters. But he has the endless creative spirit and wasn't a bore.

I had to give it to him; he was relentless. Called my Swizz number most nights ( some guys get money ooh ) so after returning I am like *Bleep yeah let's meet*

He planned last sunday afternoon ( I had to go to church, you know wink to cast and bind )-- my priest would be mortified reading this wink forgive me father...hehee

After church, I made lunch ( egusi, and banga - I hate rice on Sundays) refreshed and changed ; dressed in a sleeveless crimson above kneel crop,with very low V neck (just enough to highlight, you know what wink wink ) and a spotted bag to match. Took some money, pepper spray and my Atm.

First thing I noticed was he became very intimated as I drove into STV mall in Abuja( he wanted us to see movie, I really didn't care which, just wanted to see the dude for the first time)

Me: "hi Ikye, you're such a gentleman."

Ikye: " oooh yes , Igbo men are gentleman"

Me: ( he looks good, smartly dressed too)

Ikye: " how was Swizzaland Nne"

Me : ( why did he switched from English to wtf?? , I should be polite)

Me: was lovely, do you know they have four languages

Ikye : Oooh, interesting.

He walks me up to one of the fancy restaurant and we sat

Me: ( bloody hell! He just changed plans like that ?? )

Ikye: tell me about yourself ?

Me : ( wooh straight to the point smiley , this interview go mad o!)

Me: you start

Ikye : Rumbling for 30 minutes

Me : ( OMG! He noticed I am bored, OMG! Omg!)

Ikye: " and that's how I saved a shark from stroke"

Me: ( he is still talking ?? )

Me : Oh nice

Ikye : "I'm such an idiot just left the most beautiful woman in the world without food"

Ikye: Waiter! Menu!

Me: ( poor dude is trying too hard, no waiter, it off the counter thing)

Me: I think we would have to go get it ourselves

Ikye: don't worry angel. I would have to go for us, rest

Me : ( nigga! You probably walked here, I drove! Wait first isn't this date thing a two people activity?)

Me: " thanks you're so sweet"

Iyke rushes back with our food like a good school boy..

Iyke: " I ordered plenty things fory princess"

Me : oh nice

Me: ( now I could sense really panic in his eyes, his hands were shaking. No this again! )

I noticed dudes act scared around me, and it's weird.

Me: "wooh! You tried! "

Me: ( poor guy)

...... Will continue later

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Fidelismaria: 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
This reads like a bit of a ramble but wait a minute did you say guy is a doctor?
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
I can't believe read it all.

Guys act weird around you because your body language always gives up the fact that you are watching their every move and waiting for them to do something wrong for you to castigate them upon.

You are in "swizzaland". Best economy in the world with a very high per capita income, quality of life is better for their men and they have a higher life expectancy.

You should be ashamed of yourself for expecting too much from an average Nigerian Joe.

4 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
proclinician:
This reads like a bit of a ramble but wait a minute did you say guy is a doctor?
He never allowed me ask, but that's what I was told.

Never doubted his profession because he was sound, articulate on chats and knows his anatomy but for some reason seeing me physically made him nervous somehow.

I blame the dress ( his eyes kept going back and forth from my chest... Lool.. wanted to be sexy for him so sad it destroyed him sad )

My guess is he was trying to localize our conversation, and make it funny too early so he failed, as he lacks the charisma to carry on with the act

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:

Guys act weird around you because your body language always gives up the fact that you are watching their every move and waiting for them to do something wrong for you to castigate them upon.

You are in swizzaland. Best economy in the world with a very high per capita income, quality of life is better for their men and they have a higher life expectancy.
I am not in Switzerland, only went there for company training ( 4months)

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:

You are in "swizzaland". Best economy in the world with a very high per capita income, quality of life is better for their men and they have a higher life expectancy.

You should be ashamed of yourself for expecting too much from an average Nigerian Joe.
But I would admit, I roll my eyes alot men read this as maybe I'm judging them but I try to be nice and sweet, I swear. wink

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
He never allowed me ask, but that's what I was told.

Never doubted his profession because he was sound, articulate on chats and knows his anatomy but for sone reason seeing meml made him scared somehow.

My guess is he was trying to localize our conversation, and make it funny too early so he failed, as he lacks the charisma to carry on with the act

This is ridiculous.

Pls he is not scared of you

It's okay to be nervous like he is asking his inner self if this time out is really worth it instead of doing something a bit productive. Who knows, maybe his instincts are warning him of a catastrophe and a mismatch of energy and compatibility.

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
I am not in Switzerland, only went there for company training ( 4months)
Just 4 months and you're writing, behaving, and already trying to compare and compartmentalize men. Putting Nigerian men on the spot and picking apart his accent even when it was very fvckin obvious that he was trying to put you in a better mood because of course, your body language had already fired off the first defensive shots.

Heaven wonders what might become of you if you spend say, 4 years?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 8:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
Just 4 months and you're writing, behaving, and already trying to compare and compartmentalize men. Putting Nigerian men on the spot and picking apart his accent even when it was very fvckin obvious that he was trying to put you in a better mood because of course, your body language had already fired off the first defensive shots.

You know what?
You're correct.

2 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
But I would admit, I roll my eyes alot men read this as maybe I'm judging them but I try to be nice and sweet, I swear. wink
because you elevate yourself to an imaginary high pedestal, when in fact the hard truth of the matter is that you are just the average normal wig wearing mgbeke Nigerian girl that Nigerian men are used to. Albeit of course, the 4 opportuned months that you spent in the abroad... Iwatago?

2 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:

am sorry ); I tried to be open and honest.. most of the monologue were in my head only, didn't criticize him oooh.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
proclinician:

This is ridiculous.

Pls he is not scared of you

It's okay to be nervous like he is asking his inner self if this time out is really worth it instead of doing something a bit productive. Who knows, maybe his instincts are warning him of a catastrophe and a mismatch of energy and compatibility.
Just the normal Brazilian hair wearing Nigerian girl feeling funky. grin

One shouldn't have high expectations of them.

5 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
am sorry ); I tried to be open and honest.. most of the monologue was in my head only, didn't criticize him oooh.
You were in your mind. And it restricted you greatly from having fun. Was almost like he didn't meet your high horse expectations from his previous chats. You were surprised but pretended to be cool, but your body language gave you away.

Simple psychology.

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
Just the normal Brazilian hair wearing Nigerian girl feeling funky. grin

One shouldn't have high expectations of them.

To the point of being scared like there's a conjuring going on.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
am sorry ); I tried to be open and honest.. most of the monologue was in my head only, didn't criticize him oooh.

Nah. I don't need an apology for your own innate conduct. It's who you are... Embrace it.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
because you elevate yourself to an imaginary high pedestal, when in fact the hard truth of the matter is that you are just the average normal wig wearing mgbeke Nigerian girl that Nigerian men are used to. Albeit of course, the 4 opportuned months that you spent in the abroad... Iwatago?

Honestly I wish you guys are this confident when we meet... sadly it always end in tears. Some shake, some panic , some sweat all through... Other turn quackers.

I agree I'm " just the average normal wig wearing mgbeke Nigerian girl that Nigerian men are used to"..

Biko leave me, need to go drive my sweet brothers to the airport, them get Sussex eduction to do wink last time this year I would be seeing my boys..

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
You were in your mind. And it restricted you greatly from having fun. Was almost like he didn't meet your high horse expectations from his previous chats. You were surprised but pretended to be cool, but your body language gave you away.

Simple psychology.
I never imagined it that way omg!
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
proclinician:

To the point of being scared like there's a conjuring going on.
my man. That's the sad reality of what we now have to go thru in Nigeria, as Nigerian men, from Nigerian girls.

Snap chat filters and flowers has given them a false elevated sense of extreme self importance. I no blame them Sha. Na the idiots, the new generation of men tolerating their shitniz

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
my man. That's the sad reality of what we now have to go thru in Nigeria, as Nigerian men, from Nigerian girls.

Snap chat filters and flowers has given them a false elevated sense of extreme self importance. I no blame them Sha. Na the idiots, the new generation of men tolerating their shitniz

Some guy just proposed and got the ring and flowers thrown back at him in public scenery and im like wtf. Dude this girl is seeing a couple of other guys and living off you all so the only time u can be sure she is yours is when she says yes and i cant set myself up for such a disaster.

4 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:

Honestly I wish you guys are this confident when we meet... sadly it always end in tears. Some shake, some panic , some sweat all through... Other turn quackers.

I agree I'm " just the average normal wig wearing mgbeke Nigerian girl that Nigerian men are used to"..
because they are in front of a girl that can impact their life positively for good (say a Briton with citizenship) or the normal make up wearing mgbeke we are used to OR what exactly is going on here? grin
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
because they are in front of a girl that can impact their life positively for good (say a Briton with citizenship) or the normal make up wearing mgbeke we are used to OR what exactly is going on here? grin
biya face front biko smiley smiley
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
proclinician:

Some guy just proposed and got the ring and flowers thrown back at him in public scenery and im like wtf. Dude this girl is seeing a couple of other guys and living off you all so the only time u can be sure she is yours is when she says yes and i cant set myself up for such a disaster.
funny thing about guys that daft is that they always always see the signs. But they always believe they can change a girl that has sampled an average of 10 dicks since she started fvcking. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
proclinician:

He could be cheating and the lady just kept it until he proposed. Women don't throw back flowers and ring for no reason. But I personally wouldn't.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by proclinician: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
He could be cheating and the lady just kept it until he proposed. Women don't throw back flowers and ring for no reason. But I personally wouldn't.

You're right.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Riele(f): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2020
I'm surprised at the ways Most of the guys above me are looking for possible reasons to defend Op date's insecurity .

Amakavula , I want the complete gist grin

2 Likes

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
biya face front biko smiley smiley
maka why? So you have liberty of half thought opinions with reckless abandon?

No fvcking way. grin
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
Another wig wearer enters the convo...
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by ABCthings: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
Please, ignore the meanies and give us your honest monologues, experience or whatever Hopefully we can learn a thing or two. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Romeo3(m): 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
ABCthings:
Please, ignore the meanies and give us your honest monologues, experience or whatever Hopefully we can learn a thing or two. smiley
Ass kissing takes no one far in life... You included.

1 Like

Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Romeo3:
Ass kissing takes no one far in life... You included.
Leave him alone jhor! He is lovely can't so about the rest of you.
Re: My Inner Monologue (real Experience Dating Nigerian Men) by czarr(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Amakavula:
This lie lie boy again

Go find work and stop scamming guys.
You dey find money wey u go use take your gf out for Valentine.. Switzerland kor Swaziland ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Wants Me To Pee In Her Mouth! / Boss Bitch: Why The Average Lady Will Chose To Beg For 2k Instead Of Earning It / Yeah He's Such A Simp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.