Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes (2205 Views)

Gays Throw Excrement At Xtians And Wipe Their Anuses With Pages Of The Bible / What The Nigerian Atheist Who Was Declared Insane Shows About Xtians And Muslims / Why Non-tithing Xtians Remain Poor & How Tithing Xtians Can Become Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by experts: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2010
hey brothers,

i mean no insult to any one or religion, just expressing my opinion about this issue.

some times, you see some xtians coming into people's house in the name of preaching yet some of the ladies end up being bleeped by the same people they came to preach to.

sometimes early morning, u see some men and women with microphone preaching around the area when people are still sleeping, their noise end up waking us up, its annoying you know.

I no many of us had seen this happen, so what do you think.?

i do not think this contribute to winning people's heart genuinely.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2010
experts:

hey brothers,

Hope u are doing good

experts:

i mean no insult to any one or religion, just expressing my opinion about this issue.
of course u are free to do that and ur post haven't reflected any insult

experts:

some times, you see some xtians coming into people's house in the name of preaching yet some of the ladies end up being bleeped by the same people they came to preach to.
I know this could be possible knowing the fact that some ladies are very wayward. What if they entered into a relationship before bleeping each other? secondly, how did u know about this, any previous experience?

experts:

sometimes early morning, u see some men and women with microphone preaching around the area when people are still sleeping, their noise end up waking us up, its annoying you know.

Ok this part is really interesting. I can say authoritatively that muslims are equally more guilty that christians when it come to early morning noise. do u agree? Reason. In my neighbourhood daily, its the early morning islamic prayer calls that wake pple up for 365/366 days in a year. As early as 4.30/5.00am the clarion call begins and u know how noisy the megaphone is especially when the atmosphere is calm in the early hours of the day. It doesnt stop there. 1.30/2.00pm, 3.30/4.00pm, 6.30/7.00pm and finally 7.30/8.00pm. Some mosque do bizebililah(money for God) on tuesday and sunday morning. The disturbance extends from dark early morning hours till around 10am same day.

As regards noise, i think it falls to one side than to the other
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
First of all, it's the Bible that decides what Christianity is. Not any one person's behaviour. A lot of people call themselves Christians, and a lot of organisations call themselves churches, but a lot deviate very largely from what the Bible instructs.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Pukkah: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
toba:

Ok this part is really  interesting. I can say authoritatively that muslims are equally more guilty that christians when it come to early morning noise. do u agree? Reason. In my neighbourhood  daily, its the early morning islamic prayer calls that wake pple up for 365/366 days in a year. As early as 4.30/5.00am the clarion call begins and u know how noisy the megaphone is especially when the atmosphere is calm in the early hours of the day. It doesnt stop there. 1.30/2.00pm, 3.30/4.00pm, 6.30/7.00pm and finally 7.30/8.00pm. Some mosque do bizebililah(money for God) on tuesday and sunday morning. The disturbance extends from dark early morning hours till around 10am same day.

The fact that muslims/mosques also make noise does not make noise making right.  The issue of who makes more noise is debatable among you guys but that is not the issue for me. As far as I am concerned, all forms of noise pollution emanating from all religious houses or commercial outfits should be restricted. Afterall, the on-going preaching or singing should be for the benefit or interest of the people inside the religious buildings.  Are there no churches or mosques in those developed countries with sound Human Development Indices where religious houses are sound-proofed? Muslims should also realise that, with so many technological devices available now, it is no longer necessary to use the microphone to wake people up; afterall there was no microphone during the time of Prophet Muhammed. Those who cannot but shout should use their natural voices without amplifiers or megaphones.

It is equally annoying for preachers to bang on people's gates or make noise in public buses even when they have been told that they are unwanted. Everybody should be given a chance to live the way he chooses and every religion deserves to be respected but please don't force anything on me or become an irritant or intruder in my space.

It is in the same vein that town planning authorities should be firmer on the siting of religious houses in dwelling areas and on highways. We need to be objective and realistic on this issue in order to achieve a peaceful and healthy co-existence for all and sundry - whether religious or unreligious.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
One could say that some Nigerian Christians are not very green or environmentally friendly due to their affinity for noise pollution
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
Pukkah:

The fact that muslims/mosques also make noise does not make noise making right.  The issue of who makes more noise is debatable among you guys but that is not the issue for me.
I dont think i ve said anything to justify noise emanating from either side. My point was trying to balance the issue is at all its on same level, judging by the side the op belongs or the view he's speaking from. have it again for records

toba on today:
Ok this part is really interesting. I can say authoritatively that muslims are equally more guilty that christians when it come to early morning noise

Pukkah:

As far as I am concerned, all forms of noise pollution emanating from all religious houses or commercial outfits should be restricted. Afterall, the on-going preaching or singing should be for the benefit or interest of the people inside the religious buildings.  Are there no churches or mosques in those developed countries with sound Human Development Indices where religious houses are sound-proofed? Muslims should also realise that, with so many technological devices available now, it is no longer necessary to use the microphone to wake people up; afterall there was no microphone during the time of Prophet Muhammed. Those who cannot but shout should use their natural voices without amplifiers or megaphones.
I agree with this

Pukkah:

It is equally annoying for preachers to bang on people's gates or make noise in public buses even when they have been told that they are unwanted. Everybody should be given a chance to live the way he chooses and every religion deserves to be respected but please don't force anything on me or become an irritant or intruder in my space.
That of the public bus is debatable in that there exist soft preaching and noise kind of preaching. In a public bus some do preach in soft tone voices whilst others make noise. However i still believe if in a public bus preaching is prohibited then be u a Muslim or Christian, u must abide with it

Pukkah:

It is in the same vein that town planning authorities should be firmer on the siting of religious houses in dwelling areas and on highways. We need to be objective and realistic on this issue in order to achieve a peaceful and healthy co-existence for all and sundry - whether religious or unreligious.
Yes the government have failed (at least in Lagos state from past government) in terms of implementation, monitoring and control. The Fashola Administration may do that pretty soon lets hope
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
Jenwitemi:

One could say that some Nigerian Christians are not very green or environmentally friendly due to their affinity for noise pollution
so what are u going to do about that?
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by UyiIredia(m): 4:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ topic >>> i second
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
experts:

hey brothers,

Could this really be happening?
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by cogicero: 8:25pm On Dec 15, 2010
everybody can be annoying sometimes so whats the point undecided
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by deols(f): 9:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
and when they have the vigils, just forget ur sleep especially when two or more churches are avn it at the same time, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
* Sigh* What can i do? I would prefer to have them all raptured to Pluto, i guess. What other possibility is there except to have their mouths all permanently sealed. cheesy
toba:

so what are u going to do about that?
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 16, 2010
Jenwitemi:

* Sigh* What can i do? I would prefer to have them all raptured to Pluto, i guess. What other possibility is there except to have their mouths all permanently sealed. cheesy
SMH at your response. So pple shouldnt be allowed to express themselves freely any longer?
How far will your hatred for christianity go?
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by zubeyr(m): 2:35am On Dec 16, 2010
@ toba you still around arguing? I believe Jehovah witness and Salafi Muslims are both annoying
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 5:07am On Dec 16, 2010
zubeyr:

@ toba you still around arguing?
arguing about what? u jumped into the discussion without reading/understanding my first post

I believe Jehovah witness and Salafi Muslims are both annoying
U can believe whatever, i on the other hand speak with facts based on previous experience/ knowledgeable about the subject which is unambiguously stated in my first post here
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2010
toba:

SMH at your response. So pple shouldnt be allowed to express themselves freely any longer?
Free expression of one's worldviews is never the problem, toba. But turning into a public nuisance while doing it is the problem. Even you can see that.

toba:
How far will your hatred for christianity go?
I have no hatred for christianity. As far as i am concerned, this is a nothing religion, so i wouldn't wastes my emotions on it. The question should be, "How far will christianity go to get itself hated?" Or even a much better question, "How far are christians going to go to get themselves hated?"
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by manmustwac(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2010
dem don dey enter london small small. Its not common but i do see them on london buses on sunday mornings preaching to the passengers to become born again.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by experts: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2010
i will love to thank you guys for understanding me.

I know this could be possible knowing the fact that some ladies are very wayward. What if they entered into a relationship before bleeping each other? secondly, how did u know about this, any previous experience?

yes, it happened in my area, to a very close friend.

Ok this part is really interesting. I can say authoritatively that muslims are equally more guilty that christians when it come to early morning noise. do u agree? Reason. In my neighbourhood daily, its the early morning islamic prayer calls that wake pple up for 365/366 days in a year. As early as 4.30/5.00am the clarion call begins and u know how noisy the megaphone is especially when the atmosphere is calm in the early hours of the day. It doesnt stop there. 1.30/2.00pm, 3.30/4.00pm, 6.30/7.00pm and finally 7.30/8.00pm. Some mosque do bizebililah(money for God) on tuesday and sunday morning. The disturbance extends from dark early morning hours till around 10am same day.

yes, i agree with u on this.

but the muslim noise is not aimed toward winning anybody's heart, but a religious obligation. i.e to call fellow brothers asleep to rise up. and immediately we hear dat, we standup knowing its time to pray.

but the xtian side is not toward any particular thing, just preaching.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by okeyxyz(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
experts:

And how's this different from any other nigerian(infact any human for that matter), eg: a married woman goes shopping, runs into some romeo & thus an affair ensues, of course it wasn't her plan.
why do some married women engage in affairs with their bosses, or colleagues? it wasn't the plan but mehn, sh1t happens.
so tell me, when did this become a christian issue?

it's our culture. we love tolerate noise. the same way we live with it when a neigbor throws party, closes the public road, blares the loud speaker to it's highest volume & everybody is invited to the owambe jig. if we did't love tolerate noise, then the xtians would not use it as a means to communicate.
So i ask u again, when did this become a xtian issue?
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
experts:

i will love to thank you guys for understanding me.
You are welcome

experts:

yes, it happened in my area, to a very close friend.
ok. but if it happened to you, would u have told us lol

experts:

yes, i agree with u on this.

but the muslim noise is not aimed toward winning anybody's heart, but a religious obligation. i.e to call fellow brothers asleep to rise up. and immediately we hear dat, we standup knowing its time to pray.

but the xtian side is not toward any particular thing, just preaching.
Oga, there are some errors  i ve observe in ur post above.

1) all calls are set out to win hearts. If u weren't interested in praying that morning, the call from the Afa reminding u that You would die some day and its better u pray before the evil day comes is set to win ur heart and would have won ur heart if u did harken to the call made to you

2) the bizebililai on Tuesdays and Sundays are also set to win ur heart. With no intent to make jest but the way the Afa put down their request can convince even non muslims to drop money for God. I mean it they say it in ways that 'all u have belongs to God, try to bring small out of all that God has given u. If u failed to give God little, God then decides to take all what will u do'? My brother its so captivating and in a short while responses begins to come in. the Afa will then say 'thank iya abi, she gave God N30, thank mr Akeem, he gave God N50 etc. This also is aimed/ targeted at the heart

3) as i ve stated above, the christians and Muslims are aimed at doing same thing of winning hearts but in different styles and for different purposes
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2010
[size=13pt]Well , topic changed : Xtians can be annoying all the time . grin[/size]
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2010
cogicero:

everybody can be annoying sometimes so whats the point undecided
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by cogicero: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2010
exactly! @image123
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by manmustwac(m): 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^the point is christians standout from the crowd when it comes to making noise
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2010
^^^^ Seems like someone told them that the louder they get, the better their chances of pleasing their god an getting into the "rapture airways" heading straight to heaven. grin
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2010
Like cogicero said, 'everybody can be annoying sometimes'. Look for something else to blame for the meltdown. What with conductors screaming into one's ears-ojodubaga, ojodubaga and all sorts. What about neighbours that max the volume of their sound system to intimate us on the latest songs, not to talk of business people selling cds and renting out films on the streets. Road shows, carnivals, campaigns, adverts, someone making a call in the public, generators not to mention the ones that are left on all night, traffic, extracool talk, aeroplane passing over you every once in a while, two fighting, alarms that neighbours don't turn off on time, 'chinafones' etc.
All these and more constitute daily nuisance, its lazy to hold on to christians and say they are . .
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2010
manmustwac:

^^^the point is christians standout from the crowd when it comes to making noise
for me not to consider ur conclusion as false, u will have to give evidence for it. If u did read my posts on this thread with first hand evidence that i gave on personal experience, then u will have to do same to confirm the bolded in ur post
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 1:03am On Dec 20, 2010
One would think that the people who claim to own know God would know better than to add to the noise pollution and the chaos, knowing full well that God is peaceful and harmonious by nature. But no, they just add to the carcophony. Perhaps the christians are trying to tell us that their God is one of chaos and pollution and they are only reflecting that.
Image123:

Like cogicero said, 'everybody can be annoying sometimes'. Look for something else to blame for the meltdown. What with conductors screaming into one's ears-ojodubaga, ojodubaga and all sorts. What about neighbours that max the volume of their sound system to intimate us on the latest songs, not to talk of business people selling cds and renting out films on the streets. Road shows, carnivals, campaigns, adverts, someone making a call in the public, generators not to mention the ones that are left on all night, traffic, extracool talk, aeroplane passing over you every once in a while, two fighting, alarms that neighbours don't turn off on time, 'chinafones' etc.
All these and more constitute daily nuisance, its lazy to hold on to christians and say they are . .
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by manmustwac(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2010
@toba
alright muslims to are equally guilty if not more for their early morning call to prayer. But then generally speaking nigerians are noisy people. Imagine having to sleep next door to your neighbours noisy generator making noise throughout the night.
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by satani22: 10:37am On Dec 20, 2010
soon soon. us satani well start to do satan envergelism by shouting up satan all the streets haha haaa haaa haaa
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by experts: 10:24am On Dec 21, 2010
lol
Re: Xtians Can Be Annoying Sometimes by Jenwitemi(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2010
satani22:

soon soon. us satani well start to do satan envergelism by shouting up satan all the streets haha haaa haaa haaa
Naija christians would love that. Then they would be able to feel their faith much more intensely by having their "enemies" right in front of them on the streets, and in flesh, to throw the blood of jesus at on a regular basis. Drama, drama! Jesus better have enough blood to go around. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Straying From The Buddhist Path — Why He Stopped Following Buddha / The Skeptic / This Pastor Disguised As Destitute To His Church And I Refused To Help Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.