Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:05 PM

Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? (1068 Views)

The Masculine Spirit(photos) / What's Happening To The Masculine Authority In The Society? / "Clean Boys Are Seen As Girly While Messy Boys Are More Masculine" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
I don't know exactly what situation you're in right now, but you can probably relate to this...

Your man just doesn't want to "talk about it"...

No matter how hard you try, and how much you encourage him to talk... he just doesn't.

(So damn frustrating sometimes!)

Well, there's a good reason behind this. Let me explain...

For a moment, just imagine a man you really like, it could be anyone, from anywhere or any time. It could be your current boyfriend, an ex lover, or a celebrity crush or perhaps even Jesus Christ (if you're into that).

Imagine you're having a reasonably good time together as a man and a woman, and then, suddenly, he suggests that you compete in a boxing match, because you'd be great at boxing, and even if you get beaten black and blue, it's cool, 'cause you're a strong woman.

LOL. I just can't help giggling at what I just wrote and how weird that would be. What a weird experience it would be, to have a man say that to you. Would you enjoy that?

I mean, really?

Would you feel that this man LOVES you if he said that to you?

Nope. The answer's pretty easy, right?

May I ask why? Well, you might tell me there any many reasons.

I'm sure you have many reasons.

But there's only ONE real reason, and that's where all the other reasons stem from: He's assuming you thrive on challenge. When in fact, this kind of challenge does NOT make you feel good, let alone make you feel like a woman, and feel radiant and attractive and loved.

Now, I don't care how much you might LOVE boxing.

(Hey, I personally love to do some boxing for fitness and it's kinda fun, but to compete as a boxer)

This is ALL contextual of course, right?

So what I mean is... when a man you LIKE suggests this to you - you feel an instant loss of attraction and definitely a loss of love.

And the problem with a man you like suggesting this is that he thinks YOU would thrive on the challenge of risking being beaten in the boxing ring.

Again, boxing for fitness and having your man suggest you be a boxing competitor are different things. And would make you FEEL different things.

Just try and imagine, for a minute, how this would feel in your body. Maybe make the sound, out loud, in response to how it would make you feel for a man to say that to you.

This is pretty much how a man feels when you try to sit him down and 'talk about it'.

If this happened to me, I'd probably respond with: "Uh, excuse me, but what the hell."

Now we've done that quick exercise, you might probably be wondering where this is going.

Well, this is how masculine men feel when you try to get him to 'talk' about a relationship issue.

Now, HIS feelings will not be exactly the same as yours. He's a man, so he feels differently to you, and plus, I'm NOT a man so I can only do my compassionate best to paint the picture here, without actually owning a set of male genitals and male hormones.

And let me explain what "talking" about "stuff" and talking 'through' stuff does to a man.

In short, it deflates him and makes him feel less of a man.

Masculinity thrives on challenges. Talking reduces his energy, and DRAINS him.

Yet get THIS - talking, enlivens YOU, as a woman.

I've noticed that, whenever I'm crabby and irritated, a TALK always lights me up. My man has pointed it out to me before. And even if I try to deny it, I know it's true.

Words, talking, and sharing of verbal energy (through talking) heals me, and makes me feel something like..."OK! Ready to go now!" and takes me out of my down and moody state.

For my man though, whenever I put him through this, by the end of the talk, when I'm enlivened and giggling and bubbly again, he's possibly dragging his feet along the floor panting, trying to regain his energy! And feeling pretty bad.

And that's not even the worst case scenario. He could also be pissed off. MEN GET NOTHING OUT OF TALKING THROUGH THINGS. That's if he's a masculine man, and if he's in a masculine state, which is most of the time, for 80% of men.

Men have feminine energy too. Men have a need for love too (which is the feminine), but their natural state and normal equilibrium is in their masculine energy.

Now, this doesn't mean men don't like to talk, discuss, scheme and explore issues verbally. They just don't like to talk about something that has no end result, and has no purpose. Full stop.

So, when you try to 'talk things through' with a man, not only is he feeling it as a total burden on his life, he's wondering what the hell is going on, most probably. And why you can't just get to the point.

The worst part is....he's feeling you TAKING value from his life, rather than adding value to his life. This is one thing that differentiates a High Value Woman from a low value woman - the ability to give value in a way that men perceive value. Not just give value in the way a woman would perceive value.

This doesn't mean you have to become a man, or to be masculine, it just means you act from a place of compassion rather than compulsion.

The problem with your need to talk? You're a woman, and no, there is no point to the majority of what we want to talk about.

To a woman there is. Not to a man.

I've learned that trying to talk through an issue (especially something to do with the relationship) doesn't work, and I stopped it probably over a year ago, with my man. This doesn't mean we don't talk - not at all.

We talk a lot. But when we DO talk, I make sure that he has a reason to feel successful and appreciated for being present with me afterwards.

And I don't talk to him about something I'm dissatisfied with about the relationship, ever! I don't even have to force myself to stop, because I've learned and trained my body to realise that this is not making my relationship with him any better, and now, I associate more PAIN with bringing up relationship 'issues' with him than I do pleasure.

I might tell him how frustrated I am, and I still have emotional outbursts a lot; but they are much better than the terrible thing women try to do by sitting a man down to 'talk things through' like the man and woman are under a business transaction.

Usually, women do this to try to get something from the man. It's not a nice thing to do. And it's ok if you've done it, because we all have. Sometimes we just need someone to tell us that men don't like it, in order for us to realise that it just doesn't serve our relationship at all!

A man will either refuse to sit down and talk things through with you, or eventually, he will, if you make him feel successful through talking to you somehow.

For most women though, that's like asking them to run a marathon on the spot. Because to do that, is counter-intuitive for a woman.

So, is there a solution?

Yes, there is.

The solution is to GIVE value first, before taking any value.

Yes, trying to 'talk about it' is TAKING value. Remember, I am saying this in context of dealing with males. Not females.

The answer instead of trying to talk things through, is to add some value first, that way, you'll be far more likely to get what you want and need.

So, if something is seriously troubling you about the relationship, think carefully. Think hard. What is it that you want?

It's usually more of his presence or more of his attention, which is all related to more of his COMMITMENT. Most things you want boil right down to that!

And guess how you can get that?

By being committed to him first.

Now, for a woman, giving commitment, you will not give it in the way a man would.

Commitment is different when it comes from a feminine place.

And always remember, men perceive value completely different than women . It’s a different ball game, and we can’t use our feminine thinking and apply that to men.

P.S. Sometimes men will tell you that they are NOT ready for a commitment… What does that really mean anyway? And what should you do when he says that?

Renee Wade,

Founder of the feminine woman.
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
For my man though, whenever I put him through this, by the end of the talk, when I'm enlivened and giggling and bubbly again, he's possibly dragging his feet along the floor panting, trying to regain his energy! And feeling pretty bad.

IT'S EASIER TO RUN A 200,000KM RACE THAN TO ARGUE 10 MINUTES WITH ANY WOMAN. BECAUSE
1. IT'S SO DRAINING.
2. YOU'LL NEVER WIN.

BUT I'VE NOTICED THAT WHENEVER YOU'RE BORED YOU COME ONLINE TO SCRIBBLE DOWN WHATEVER NONSENSE YOU FIND AROUND. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

IT'S EASIER TO RUN A 200,000KM RACE THAN TO ARGUE 10 MINUTES WITH ANY WOMAN. BECAUSE
1. IT'S SO DRAINING.
2. YOU'LL NEVER WIN.

BUT I'VE NOTICED THAT WHENEVER YOU'RE BORED YOU COME ONLINE TO SCRIBBLE DOWN WHATEVER NONSENSE YOU FIND AROUND. cheesy
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Michellekabod2:
kiss my ass boy

YOU BETTER TAKE DOWN THAT PICTURE AND STOP DISGRACING YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME.
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU BETTER TAKE DOWN THAT PICTURE AND STOP DISGRACING YOUR SOURCE OF INCOME.
by now you ought to know I will not bend to your destitute self. I have watched you shut people on this forum down with your authorative tone,but guess what? I am not part of them . no get the fukc off here...

As$wipe!
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
grin
Michellekabod2:
kiss my ass boy
sometimes, i forget that you and capslocked are humans.
Cos of how mature you guys are...
Btw, Where is martinez39

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Michellekabod2:
by now you ought to know I will not bend to your destitute self. I have watched you shut people on this forum down with your authorative tone,but guess what? I am not part of them . no get the fukc off here...

As$wipe!

I SHA KNOW HOW TO GET YOU. NO WORRY I NOGO HUMILIATE YOU TODAY wink NA MY PERSON YOU BE... NA SMALL PLAY I DE FOLLOW YOU PLAY. NO VEX, I SEE SAY YOU DON BOIL PULL SHIRT ALREADY. cheesy
MAKE I GO TROLL SOMEONE ELSE. grin
BUT NA YA PAPA BE DESTITUTE SHA. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blu03:
grin sometimes, i forget that you and capslocked are humans.
Btw, Where is martinez39

MARTINEZ39 = MARTINEZ39S
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Blu03:
grin sometimes, i forget that you and capslocked are humans.
Btw, Where is martinez39
don't know where he is
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I SHA KNOW HOW TO GET YOU. NO WORRY I NOGO HUMILIATE YOU TODAY wink NA MY PERSON YOU BE... NA SMALL PLAY I DE FOLLOW YOU PLAY. NO VEX, I SEE SAY YOU DON BOIL PULL SHIRT ALREADY. cheesy
MAKE I GO TROLL SOMEONE ELSE. grin
BUT NA YA PAPA BE DESTITUTE SHA. cool
but you fall my hand o...yesterday you made me open thread in vain sad
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
Michellekabod2:
capslocked can be so over bloated with ego that he runs his cesspool lips at times...

The fo0l should be kept where he belongs at times,else he will see it as normal to bully you

ABEG GO. SMALL THING YOU DON DE SPEAK GRAMMAR.
IF I ENTER YOU NA THEM GO SAY I NO GET WORK.
NICE FACEBOOK PROFILE BY THE WAY.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
Michellekabod2:
but you fall my hand o...yesterday you made me open thread in vain sad

I POSTED PICTURES BUT I THINK A MODERATOR TOOK IT DOWN.
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

chill

I modified the post
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

who is that?your girlfriend? She is cute
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
I got to the end of whatever you wrote here because I am bored just like the writer
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by hahn(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
Michellekabod2:

I have to assume you are addressing women with your op because with that kind of epistle any man would fall asleep half way
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by AstroG: 4:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:

I don't know exactly what situation you're in right now, but you can probably relate to this...

No matter how hard you try, and how much you encourage him to talk... he just doesn't.

For a moment, just imagine a man you really like, it could be anyone, from anywhere or any time. It could be your current boyfriend, an ex lover, or a celebrity crush or perhaps even Jesus Christ (if you're into that).

Imagine you're having a reasonably good time together as a man and a woman, and then, suddenly, he suggests that you compete in a boxing match, because you'd be great at boxing, and even if you get beaten black and blue, it's cool, 'cause you're a strong woman.

LOL. I just can't help giggling at what I just wrote and how weird that would be. What a weird experience it would be, to have a man say that to you. Would you enjoy that?

I mean, really?

But there's only ONE real reason, and that's where all the other reasons stem from: He's assuming you thrive on challenge. When in fact, this kind of challenge does NOT make you feel good, let alone make you feel like a woman, and feel radiant and attractive and loved.

(Hey, I personally love to do some boxing for fitness and it's kinda fun, but to compete as a boxer)

So what I mean is... when a man you LIKE suggests this to you - you feel an instant loss of attraction and definitely a loss of love.

And the problem with a man you like suggesting this is that he thinks YOU would thrive on the challenge of risking being beaten in the boxing ring.

Again, boxing for fitness and having your man suggest you be a boxing competitor are different things. And would make you FEEL different things.

Just try and imagine, for a minute, how this would feel in your body. Maybe make the sound, out loud, in response to how it would make you feel for a man to say that to you.

This is pretty much how a man feels when you try to sit him down and 'talk about it'.

If this happened to me, I'd probably respond with: "Uh, excuse me, but what the hell."

Now we've done that quick exercise, you might probably be wondering where this is going.

Well, this is how masculine men feel when you try to get him to 'talk' about a relationship issue.

Now, HIS feelings will not be exactly the same as yours. He's a man, so he feels differently to you, and plus, I'm NOT a man so I can only do my compassionate best to paint the picture here, without actually owning a set of male genitals and male hormones.

And let me explain what "talking" about "stuff" and talking 'through' stuff does to a man.

I've noticed that, whenever I'm crabby and irritated, a TALK always lights me up. My man has pointed it out to me before. And even if I try to deny it, I know it's true.

Words, talking, and sharing of verbal energy (through talking) heals me, and makes me feel something like..."OK! Ready to go now!" and takes me out of my down and moody state.

And that's not even the worst case scenario. He could also be pissed off. MEN GET NOTHING OUT OF TALKING THROUGH THINGS. That's if he's a masculine man, and if he's in a masculine state, which is most of the time, for 80% of men.

Men have feminine energy too. Men have a need for love too (which is the feminine), but their natural state and normal equilibrium is in their masculine energy.

Now, this doesn't mean men don't like to talk, discuss, scheme and explore issues verbally. They just don't like to talk about something that has no end result, and has no purpose. Full stop.

So, when you try to 'talk things through' with a man, not only is he feeling it as a total burden on his life, he's wondering what the hell is going on, most probably. And why you can't just get to the point.

The worst part is....he's feeling you TAKING value from his life, rather than adding value to his life. This is one thing that differentiates a High Value Woman from a low value woman - the ability to give value in a way that men perceive value. Not just give value in the way a woman would perceive value.

This doesn't mean you have to become a man, or to be masculine, it just means you act from a place of compassion rather than compulsion.

The problem with your need to talk? You're a woman, and no, there is no point to the majority of what we want to talk about.

I've learned that trying to talk through an issue (especially something to do with the relationship) doesn't work, and I stopped it probably over a year ago, with my man. This doesn't mean we don't talk - not at all.

We talk a lot. But when we DO talk, I make sure that he has a reason to feel successful and appreciated for being present with me afterwards.

And I don't talk to him about something I'm dissatisfied with about the relationship, ever! I don't even have to force myself to stop, because I've learned and trained my body to realise that this is not making my relationship with him any better, and now, I associate more PAIN with bringing up relationship 'issues' with him than I do pleasure.

I might tell him how frustrated I am, and I still have emotional outbursts a lot; but they are much better than the terrible thing women try to do by sitting a man down to 'talk things through' like the man and woman are under a business transaction.

Usually, women do this to try to get something from the man. It's not a nice thing to do. And it's ok if you've done it, because we all have. Sometimes we just need someone to tell us that men don't like it, in order for us to realise that it just doesn't serve our relationship at all!

A man will either refuse to sit down and talk things through with you, or eventually, he will, if you make him feel successful through talking to you somehow.

For most women though, that's like asking them to run a marathon on the spot. Because to do that, is counter-intuitive for a woman.

So, is there a solution?

Yes, there is.

Yes, trying to 'talk about it' is TAKING value. Remember, I am saying this in context of dealing with males. Not females.

The answer instead of trying to talk things through, is to add some value first, that way, you'll be far more likely to get what you want and need.

So, if something is seriously troubling you about the relationship, think carefully. Think hard. What is it that you want?

It's usually more of his presence or more of his attention, which is all related to more of his COMMITMENT. Most things you want boil right down to that!

Now, for a woman, giving commitment, you will not give it in the way a man would.

And always remember, men perceive value completely different than women . It’s a different ball game, and we can’t use our feminine thinking and apply that to men.

P.S. Sometimes men will tell you that they are NOT ready for a commitment… What does that really mean anyway? And what should you do when he says that?

Renee Wade,

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2020
[quote author=AstroG post=86687007][/quote]
You aren't a young man ,and yet you refuse to grow

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by AstroG: 10:59am On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:

You aren't a young man ,and yet you refuse to grow

Dunno hw that concerns u undecided undecided?

Oya u dah have grown,re u sensible undecided undecided?
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Omar09(m): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:

smiley

I didn't really get your point here. I mean there were few pointers like "talk about it" and "talking stuff". But I never got the point you were trying to make. I'm not hating or attacking, far from that, and I'm way past that. It's just I never seem to get your point, you might wanna simmer your point down a little.
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
Omar09:

I didn't really get your point here. I mean there were few pointers like "talk about it" and "talking stuff". But I never got the point you were trying to make. I'm not hating or attacking, far from that, and I'm way past that. It's just I never seem to get your point, you might wanna simmer your point down a little.
Men aren't energized by talking,but women are. Rather their best element is challenges. Talking rarely impacts on a man as it does to a woman. Women are energized by talking but it drains men. If a lady has a bad day,after talking she feels better. The opposite is for a man.

So talking him into commitment will yield no result.
Only when you show up as a high value woman he commits.

Also another striking point in the post is that men see commitment differently from women. Men are by default commitment-phobic while ladies love and expect commitment.

PS: all these applies to a typical masculine man(not effeminate or wimps) and feminine women

Cc:ubunja

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Omar09(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Men aren't energized by talking,but women are. Rather their best element is challenges. Talking rarely impacts on a man as it does to a woman. Women are energized by talking but it drains men. If a lady has a bad day,after talking she feels better. The opposite is for a man.

So talking him into commitment will yield no result.
Only when you show up as a high value woman he commits.

Also another striking point in the post is that men see commitment differently from women. Men are by default commitment-phobic while ladies love and expect commitment.

PS: all these applies to a typical masculine man(not effeminate or wimps) and feminine women

Oh, OK. Now that explains why I'm not in any relationship. Weird.
Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Omar09:

Oh, OK. Now that explains why I'm not in any relationship. Weird.
a lot of people think the differences between a man or woman lies just in a penis and a vagina.

That's why understanding of the psychology of the opposite gender before entering a relationship is necessary else you get burnt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Masculine Man-why Does He Hate Talking About Commitment? by pryme(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:

I mean, really?

So, is there a solution?

Yes, there is.

Renee Wade,

Lol,
the first part of your piece about a guy that want his woman to compete in a boxing match cos she will thrive under pressure is a perfect description of a ret@rd that is trying to get to the next level.

On your second part, I dont think it applies to all men, I for one believe that good and frequent communication is the life blood of a good relationship, you identify and fix problems in a relationship only through communication (I mean the primitive way - talking), which sane man would be afraid of protecting their relationship?
Second, not wanting to talk has nothing to do with being masculine - thats false. Those that dont want to talk dont want commitment, they dont want to have to deal with tough questions.
Men talk, oh believe me they do, find them arguing about something they are passionate about and you will mistake them for secondary school girls.

On the last part,
Dont give sacred things to pigs,
Dont give commitment to men that has made it know they are only in it for the juice.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Cleric Caught Having Sex With A Married Woman Who Attends His Mosque / Naija Fine Girl Show Her Pussy And Big Boobs In A Video She Need Man / Man Calls Cops On Girlfriend Over Too Much Sex During Lockdown (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.