Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. (11538 Views)

The Blessings Of Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / ** The Power Of Restitution And Restoration Of Blessings 2* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnyvision(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
Restitution is a process of compensation for loss or injury. in other words, making amend for wrongs done to people or neighbor, restorating stolen thing to there rightful owner, paying debt, giving back to where one as defrauded, apologizing to those hurt or slandered so as to have a conscience free from offence toward God and man. Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, for so much as he also is a son of Abraham. Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (Numbers 5:6-8; Genesis 20:1-18; leviticus 6:1-7; Matthew 5:23,24).

Making restitution ensures we have right relationship with God and man, God requires that we make amends to any person we've injured or wronged as a mark of true repentance. There is need for Christians to be ready to do restitution either by offends or Human error of judgement.
Do you have any pressing need for restitution, do you have a free conscience, it's up to you. pray too God to assist you in order to make your ways right before God and man.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:43am On Feb 16, 2020
I agree with this.. Many churches don't preach this I wish d Holy Spirit will throw more light on this matter

5 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by tenderjunkie: 4:19am On Feb 16, 2020
Lemme see if it makes front page
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by AntiChristian: 7:01am On Feb 16, 2020
No one talks about restitution in the church!

Donation and Fornication has taken over!

Instead of them to pick the words watch them pick on me!

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Professorcplus(m): 7:47am On Feb 16, 2020
Okay... You mean Restitution to the pastor. Christians especially in Nigeria has gone astray especially in the era of pastorprenures. People no longer worship God but their pastors. They swallow every word the pastor says without reasoning. They wouldn't mind doing what is against their Bible teaching as long as their pastors accepts them every Sunday...

So, are there truly MEN OF GOD or GOD OF MEN..., what should we tag this ordeal is it been FAITHFUL or FAITH FOOLS... they condemned the worldly HIP POP CRAZY while HYPOCRISY is the order of the day and yet they claimed they obey the 10 COMMANDMENTS which says

I am the LORD thy God, your daddy G.O and anointed pastor!
1. Thou shalt have no other gods, except daddy G.O.
2. Do not keep no graven images or likenesses, except of Jesus, Mary, Yahweh and the Saints.
3. Do not take your pastor's name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, but forget other days.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother, and to thy pastor, give thy first fruit.
6. Thou shalt not kill, unless they're gay or blasphemers.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery, except in secret.
8. Thou shall not steal, unless from the public treasury.
9. Thou shalt not bear good witness for thy neighbour, except they are of same tribe as thee.
10. Thou shalt not covet your neighbour's wife, for it is their property. I repeat, IT IS THEIR PROPERTY!!
by Joseph 1013

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2020
Hmm
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I agree with this.. Many churches don't preach this
I wish d Holy Spirit will throw more light on this matter

Must you state that many churches don't preach it? How would you know do you attend many churches every Sunday to know that?

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mrZENographer: 9:27am On Feb 16, 2020
Didn't believe in Miracles but now believes.
Archibishop (Dr) Julius Ediwe, President of Council of Bishops in Nigeria makes restitution over derogative statements made about the Lord's Chosen Ministry during their time of ignorance and spread of falsehood by Linda & Juliet against The Lord's Chosen ministry

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:27am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

You are not the person to talk about what has taken over

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2020
OP, restitution is rubbish.. Wetin don loss don loss

Making amends means changing your ways for better.

If you wrong a person, you can apologize to them.. But what if you kill a person? How do you bring them back to life?
Reference: Why didn't Paul restore the lives he decimated? Yet he said he's wrong no man. He encountered Christ.

2cor 5:17 ..if any man be in Christ, he's a new creation. Old things are passed away and everything become new!!

Restitution is somewhat self righteousness. Remember, our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

shut up, the donations and fornication as you put it are free willed with choice

At least nobody's life is been taken against their will via Islamic terrorists, throats slaughters, jihadist suicide bombers, Islamic paedophile marriages

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by DejiPlug(m): 9:31am On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

They silently preach it in form of service to the Church but then

https://www.nairaland.com/5689247/love-doctors-valentine-plug-story#86684034
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Xclusiveme: 9:33am On Feb 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Must you state that many churches don't preach it? How would you know do you attend many churches every Sunday to know that?

Pls he's right
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by DropsMic(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Following
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Philinho(m): 9:36am On Feb 16, 2020
Lord have mercy.....
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by MayStudios: 9:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Ok

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnycliff(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2020
There are some issues that one can't easily restitute on.

Cases of sleeping with a married woman. How will you do the restitution?
Writing waec for someone and the person paid you for such service. How will you restitute?

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnycliff(m): 9:42am On Feb 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Dont argue. Most prosperity preachers don't talk about restitution
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

If you kill someone, restitution means for you to bring them back. But since you can't, this is garbage. The Holy Spirit got better things to do

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

You've been to all churches to know they don't preach about restitution right?

What is wrong with donation? Is fornication only done by church goers?

You are a bitter human, leave Christian threads since you are what your moniker says.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by ajimo54(m): 9:44am On Feb 16, 2020
Sunnyvision:
Restitution is a process of compensation for loss or injury. in other words, making amend for wrongs done to people or neighbor, restorating stolen thing to there rightful owner, paying debt, giving back to where one as defrauded, apologizing to those hurt or slandered so as to have a conscience free from offence toward God and man. Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, for so much as he also is a son of Abraham. Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (Numbers 5:6-8; Genesis 20:1-18; leviticus 6:1-7; Matthew 5:23,24).

Making restitution ensures we have right relationship with God and man, God requires that we make amends to any person we've injured or wronged as a mark of true repentance. There is need for Christians to be ready to do restitution either by offends or Human error of judgement.
Do you have any pressing need for restitution, do you have a free conscience, it's up to you. pray too God to assist you in order to make your ways right before God and man.

Happy Sunday all. The message of restitution is not appropriate under Grace as it is still a form of work to make right with God. No church is supposed to preach restitution. It causes an already wound to bleed. However, it is only a genuine repentance that instigates restitution. The case of Zacheus is applicable here. Jesus never preached restitution to him. Jesus simply told him, today Salvation has entered into your house! Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith, MFM, Redeemed, and other teachers of Restitution stop! Do no longer condemn what the Lord had not! Preach salvation to Grace!

5 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:48am On Feb 16, 2020
ajimo54:

Happy Sunday all. The message of restitution is not appropriate under Grace as it is still a form of work to make right with God. No church is supposed to preach restitution. It causes an already wound to bleed. However, it is only a genuine repentance that instigates restitution. The case of Zacheus is applicable here. Jesus never preached restitution to him. Jesus simply told him, today Salvation has entered into your house! Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith, MFM, Redeemed, and other teachers of Restitution stop! Do no longer condemn what the Lord had not! Preach salvation to Grace!

Who the hell is this preacher of false doctrine?? So because we are in a time of grace means if someone steals from a person, he\she shouldn't return it back and beg for forgiveness? Does grace means you should only ask for forgiveness from God and still be in possession of what you stole? Does that make sense to you? Be guided with your utterances!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by BlueAngel444: 9:50am On Feb 16, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5680837/seen-kingdom-god
Restitution is necessary if possible
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Firebomber: 9:55am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

Coming from a headslammer that never step foot inside a church before. I'm so sure if it was a Christian that's commenting on your page like this, you people would have been calling fire now.

Smile, why don't you use the precious time to go and educate your cleric and imam that are busy converting your sister and brainwashing your brother into suicide bombing.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Ricodine: 9:57am On Feb 16, 2020
Can one restitute without having to confess the offence to the individual? For instance, a person steals from someone because he's broke. After a year or so, he gives back to the person indirectly and more in measure. Does this act imply restitution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 10:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Who the hell is this preacher of false doctrine?? So because we are in a time of grace means if someone steals from a person, he\she shouldn't return it back and beg for forgiveness? Does grace means you should only ask for forgiveness from God and still be in possession of what you stole? Does that make sense to you? Be guided with your utterances!!!

If you kon kill person or people in the case of Saul(later Paul) ...shay u should bring the people back to life na ..Oga restitutor ..you be guided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Makes Rich Men To Steal? / Life Is More Meaningless With God / 'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.