Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. (11642 Views)

The Blessings Of Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / ** The Power Of Restitution And Restoration Of Blessings 2* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by kebliss(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2020
There is no restitution greater than consciously changing your evil ways and accepting Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour.
Once you confess Jesus, your old sins are forgiven and the new man is birthed in you.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by deposit: 11:45am On Feb 16, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 11:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

So where does it say, after killing someone, the restitution is to bring the person back to life? Or have you forgotten your previous comment? Go and read my first comment to you very very slowly, so that you will assimilate my simple words well, and while at it, with biblical evidences, show me where it is written that restitution shouldn't be preached at all, cos you seem to me as a mere church goer.

Clearly you're yet to understand the word "restitution" even after that forensic review from the dictionary. Well, it's egregious and i hate to let you wallow in ignorance.

Restitution is baseless and and shouldn't be taught. It can be likened to idle/juju worship where you atone for misdeeds with fowls, kolas, goats etc..

In John 10:10, The thief(devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

If you're not the devil, why steal, kill and destroy?
Were these not the donts in God's commandments? Refer Exodus 20
In Matthew 22: 37, 39 &40 ... 37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. ... [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Check the Nigerian system of government. The lawmakers make laws that they're immune to.

If you keep talking about restitution, you're rebellious and of treacherous tendencies in God's kingdom.

Restitution means you can save yourself and I'm sure you're one of those who say things like, "heaven help those who help themselves" ..gross garbage.
God only helps those who can't help themselves. He sent Jesus to die for us because we can't save ourselves.

God's commands should be taught in churches and not restitution

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 12:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:

He persecuted and was persecuted.
He killed and was killed.
Equal measure. Keep deceiving yourself.

I smile in Swahili o. So, Peter, James etc killed and that was why they were gruesomely killed abi? What you just said here doesn't sound well theologically. Please learn to always balance your theology.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
All these quotes is for people who have already repented. Restitution is for people repenting.

Assuming you have not known christ before and you were a thief. Assume that in that ur repented state, you robbed the shop of widow who's only source of livelihood is the shop. And you're fully aware that this widow is unable to feed anymore because of your robbery. Are you saying that you'll not receive any punishment because u av repented, without making any restitution?

Are you saying that a politician that pockets money meant for borehole in a community without water does not need to do restitution even if people are dying of water borne diseases?

Even if the Bible didn't ask us to restitute (which it clearly did), our conscience should tell us to do so.

No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. Every citizen believes if he steal and run to church he's saved. No humanity at all.

Neroiam:

Clearly you're yet to understand the word "restitution" even after that forensic review from the dictionary. Well, it's egregious and i hate to let you wallow in ignorance.

Restitution is baseless and and shouldn't be taught. It can be likened to idle/juju worship where you atone for misdeeds with fowls, kolas, goats etc..

In John 10:10, The thief(devil) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

If you're not the devil, why steal, kill and destroy?
Were these not the donts in God's commandments? Refer Exodus 20
In Matthew 22: 37, 39 &40 ... 37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. ... [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Check the Nigerian system of government. The lawmakers make laws that they're immune to.

If you keep talking about restitution, you're rebellious and of treacherous tendencies in God's kingdom.

Restitution means you can save yourself and I'm sure you're one of those who say things like, "heaven help those who help themselves" ..gross garbage.
God only helps those who can't help themselves. He sent Jesus to die for us because we can't save ourselves.

God's commands should be taught in churches and not restitution
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by MotiveU(f): 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
No one talks about restitution in the church!

Donation and Fornication has taken over!

Instead of them to pick the words watch them pick on me!
Why would anyone pick one for saying the truth .
Watch this video it boost your faith in God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1n3qrnSoo
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 12:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
Btk1986:

I smile in Swahili o. So, Peter, James etc killed and that was why they were gruesomely killed abi? What you just said here doesn't sound well theologically. Please learn to always balance your theology.

The response was because you said Paul didn't pay for his sins. As you're not God, you can't say if his suffering was as a result of mere persecution or having to pay for his old ways.

Given that as it may be, repentance settles you with God. Restitution settles you with men.

“If thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy thy brother hat ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy away; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift” (Matthew 5:23-25).

I believe this link has done justice to this:
https://steemit.com/steemchurch/@shedrachedema/restitution-is-it-still-necessary
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 12:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:
All these quotes is for people who have already repented. Restitution is for people repenting.

Assuming you have not known christ before and you were a thief. Assume that in that ur repented state, you robbed the shop of widow who's only source of livelihood is the shop. And you're fully aware that this widow is unable to feed anymore because of your robbery. Are you saying that you'll not receive any punishment because u av repented, without making any restitution?

Are you saying that a politician that pockets money meant for borehole in a community without water does not need to do restitution even if people are dying of water borne diseases?

Even if the Bible didn't ask us to restitute (which it clearly did), our conscience should tell us to do so.

No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. Every citizen believes if he steal and run to church he's saved. No humanity at all.

The widow's shop you rubbed, do you still have her money?

What of the Yahoo boy who has stolen millions from the whites, squandered the cash lavishly on girls and drinks, cars and houses, alcohol and drugs.. What should he do? How does he restitute?

Or the case of an armed robber who has decimated lives all for money? What should he do? How does he bring back those lives he wasted? How does he restitute?

And the sexworker(olosho) who has aborted so many, swallowed so much cum? What should she do? How does she bring those souls back to life? How does she restitute?

if something is not valid, it shouldn't be considered. You can't restitute for the widow's shop you robbed because maybe the money you robbed is little and the millions you stole and squandered as a yahoo boy is much and can't pay back.. Or as a robber, those you killed, you can't bring back to life so you pray for God to forgive you on that. Lmao

Look, God is not mocked. Jesus came to redeem us. But In the first case, you have shown that you can redeem yourself. Why didn't you redeem yourself in the second case?

And about those who run to church after stealing..
Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
....The reverse is the case for those who stole to get rich.. Ill gotten wealth will diminish in time.

There's a saying, if the devil gives you a shoe, he'll take your leg with the shoe when he comes for it. If it's a cap, na ur head he go collect.

If we obey God's commandments, we'll live happily.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:

The response was because you said Paul didn't pay for his sins. As you're not God, you can't say if his suffering was as a result of mere persecution or having to pay for his old ways.

Given that as it may be, repentance settles you with God. Restitution settles you with men.

“If thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy thy brother hat ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy away; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift” (Matthew 5:23-25).

I believe this link has done justice to this:
https://steemit.com/steemchurch/@shedrachedema/restitution-is-it-still-necessary

Jesus told the discipline from the onset how they'll be persecuted for the Gospel's sake. In fact, if you haven't been persecuted before for Christ same, you haven't done anything Christ commanded.
In the case of Saul (Paul). The Lord told Ananias in Acts 9:16 ..I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
Restitution is very much part of a Christian's experience.
Where you cannot restore or payback in full, you can confess to the people you robbed or wrong. If they send you to prison, you're justified. Not making any effort is pretending that you never wronged man at all.

Paul did confessed of his sins publicly as he couldn't have restored the people to their pre-persecution state. In a way he indirectly taught others not to tow his path. That's restitution.

Neroiam:

The widow's shop you rubbed, do you still have her money?

What of the Yahoo boy who has stolen millions from the whites, squandered the cash lavishly on girls and drinks, cars and houses, alcohol and drugs.. What should he do? How does he restitute?

Or the case of an armed robber who has decimated lives all for money? What should he do? How does he bring back those lives he wasted? How does he restitute?

And the sexworker(olosho) who has aborted so many, swallowed so much cum? What should she do? How does she bring those souls back to life? How does she restitute?

if something is not valid, it shouldn't be considered. You can't restitute for the widow's shop you robbed because maybe the money you robbed is little and the millions you stole and squandered as a yahoo boy is much and can't pay back.. Or as a robber, those you killed, you can't bring back to life so you pray for God to forgive you on that. Lmao

Look, God is not mocked. Jesus came to redeem us. But In the first case, you have shown that you can redeem yourself. Why didn't you redeem yourself in the second case?

And about those who run to church after stealing..
Proverbs 10:22
The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.
....The reverse is the case for those who stole to get rich.. Ill gotten wealth will diminish in time.

There's a saying, if the devil gives you a shoe, he'll take your leg with the shoe when he comes for it. If it's a cap, na ur head he go collect.

If we obey God's commandments, we'll live happily.

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by golddare: 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
Sunnyvision:
Restitution is a process of compensation for loss or injury. in other words, making amend for wrongs done to people or neighbor, restorating stolen thing to there rightful owner, paying debt, giving back to where one as defrauded, apologizing to those hurt or slandered so as to have a conscience free from offence toward God and man. Luke 19:8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, for so much as he also is a son of Abraham. Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (Numbers 5:6-8; Genesis 20:1-18; leviticus 6:1-7; Matthew 5:23,24).

Making restitution ensures we have right relationship with God and man, God requires that we make amends to any person we've injured or wronged as a mark of true repentance. There is need for Christians to be ready to do restitution either by offends or Human error of judgement.
Do you have any pressing need for restitution, do you have a free conscience, it's up to you. pray too God to assist you in order to make your ways right before God and man.

It's a topic that if care is not taken it will override the power of forgiveness when one repents, confess and accepts Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Some person overflogged the issue using the flesh to impose on people to restititute.

Jesu told those he saved to go and sin no more. There was never a place he said until you restitute before you can be saved. Zaccheus action was a sign of true repentance and infact he was only fulfilling the law that existed during his time which says you must refund back.

I am not saying one should not restutitute but let the Holy Spirit instruct people and not humans.
Dont limit the work at calvary with restitution.

Come to think of it, is there anyone that doesnt have one thing or the other to restitute?

Jesus said to that prostitute

She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” John 8:11

Jesus said to the thief on the cross

Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." Luke 23 :43

And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.’ Act 2:21

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom 10 : 9-10

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Dont get me wrong, all I am saying is that repentance is powerful and the finished work on the cross of calvary must not be watered with the doctrine of restitution.
You can restitute if the Holy Spirit and conscience instructs you.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2020
Sunnycliff:

Christ Embassy, Chris Okotie Church, etc
Bro, may god 4give u o
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I agree with this.. Many churches don't preach this
I wish d Holy Spirit will throw more light on this matter
Do you speak in tongue
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
Pastors in da house. I have an important question. How does a guy/chick who took his/her bf or gf virginity restore it tru restitution.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
From example, if one has been shoplifting from stores from Sokoto to Lagos, it is not possible for him or her to restore all he or she has stolen. The best restitution is exercising faith in the ransom sacrifice of Christ and vow to God not to steal anymore., learn to work hard with his or her own hands.
It must also be acknowledged that if one has been a fugitive from the law, and was declared wanted by the law, upon wanting to be a Christian, he must report himself or herself to law authorities to make full recompense for his or her past crime. Let's say he hide such and was arrested what a shame it will bring upon the name of God and Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by INNOCENT7389: 2:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
See blew
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by ofiko123(m): 2:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nice write up... Restitution is very important in the life of a believer...
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by machiavelli95: 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:

God bless you. Wicked people everywhere ho have managed to abuse the Grace of God as a cover up for their atrocities
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liposure:
Do you speak in tongue
grin ;yes I do
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
grin grin >: grin grin I no get strength to answer his type
BlueAngel444:

HRHQueenPhil he is asking if you jump from church to church, probably why u miss the Sunday each church preaches it. what are the odds cheesy
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

If you kill someone, restitution means for you to bring them back. But since you can't, this is garbage. The Holy Spirit got better things to do
if you can't bring them back in the aspect of killing, apologize to the family at least. Be careful with the words you use here..why call something garbage because you don't understand or refuse to get clarification
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
DejiPlug:

They silently preach it in form of service to the Church but then

https://www.nairaland.com/5689247/love-doctors-valentine-plug-story#86684034
thank you.. I will start it according to the leading of the Holy Spirit
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
grin ;yes I do
wow, i neva knew ladies do speak in tongues. I thought dey only moan. i wood like 2 mit u
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liposure:
wow, i neva knew ladies do speak in tongues. I thought dey only moan. i wood like 2 mit u
8 grin moan kor.. Lol.. Na.. Many of us are fire if we can only leave materialism and be disciplined
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
8 grin moan kor.. Lol.. Na.. Many of us are fire if we can only leave materialism and be disciplined
i wood like 2 fellowship wit u. What church do u attend. I find u interesting
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liposure:
i wood like 2 fellowship wit u. What church do u attend. I find u interesting
living faith church winners chapel cananland Ota.. For fellowship we have an adult Bible study every Saturday by 5pm. I attend d one close to my house
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by SolarEdge: 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ok
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2020
how will i restitute for cheating in my ssce ,years ago , please i need help with biblical verse,thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
scarwiz:
how will i restitute for cheating in my ssce ,years ago , please i need help with biblical verse,thank you

You need understanding first viz:
Was it a sin? Who did you sin against?
Yes, it is a sin. You sinned against yourself, God and the society (not an individual). How did you sin against yourself? You denied yourself the benefit of ascertaining how good you're. Against God because God abhors cheating. And against the society in that you fooled the society.

How do you restitute?
Open confession as you just did. Community service in the form of campaign against cheating in exam.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by orisa37: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
THAT'S THE REASON FOR "EXTREME UNCTION" IN ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 4:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
if you can't bring them back in the aspect of killing, apologize to the family at least. Be careful with the words you use here..why call something garbage because you don't understand or refuse to get clarification

Restitution means restoring back to normal/original state. Your apology can't do that. Therefore the idea of restitution is baseless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 election: Archbishop of Lagos tells Nigerians candidates to vote / Pastor Chris And Pastor Anita Back Together Glory .see Pix (2015 news) / Funny Signs (Outside Church) Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.