Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. (11639 Views)

The Blessings Of Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / ** The Power Of Restitution And Restoration Of Blessings 2* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 4:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
living faith church winners chapel cananland Ota.. For fellowship we have an adult Bible study every Saturday by 5pm. I attend d one close to my house
wow! Dats where i stay. Where exactly is your fellowship located
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
if you can't bring them back in the aspect of killing, apologize to the family at least. Be careful with the words you use here..why call something garbage because you don't understand or refuse to get clarification

Restitution means restoring back to normal/original state. Your apology can't do that.
Only the blood of Jesus can. Refer to 2cor 5:17

Therefore the idea of restitution is baseless.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liposure:
wow! Dats where i stay. Where exactly is your fellowship located
okota
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

Restitution means restoring back to normal/original state. Your apology can't do that.
Only the blood of Jesus can. Refer to 2cor 5:17

Therefore the idea of restitution is baseless.
u refuse to repent on your choice of words when it comes to spiritual matters, may God have mercy on u
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
u refuse to repent on your choice of words when it comes to spiritual matters, may God have mercy on u

Well, my advice for you is to stop being sin conscious.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by dannyyol2018: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Who the hell is this preacher of false doctrine?? So because we are in a time of grace means if someone steals from a person, he\she shouldn't return it back and beg for forgiveness? Does grace means you should only ask for forgiveness from God and still be in possession of what you stole? Does that make sense to you? Be guided with your utterances!!!

Lol! Why taking it so personal.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
okota
dats in lagos. Am i correct
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

Well, my advice for you is to stop being sin conscious.

Sin consciousness is not as grievous as grace consciousness; continuing in sin because grace abounds.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
okota
are u coming 2 church next sunday. Wood like 2 attend
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sexycardib: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
I learnt Something
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:

You need understanding first viz:
Was it a sin? Who did you sin against?
Yes, it is a sin. You sinned against yourself, God and the society (not an individual). How did you sin against yourself? You denied yourself the benefit of ascertaining how good you're. Against God because God abhors cheating. And against the society in that you fooled the society.

How do you restitute?
Open confession as you just did. Community service in the form of campaign against cheating in exam.
thank you,i couldn't have believe that cheating is bad till i start feeling the guilt for it ,I believe God has forgiven me and i have been speaking against it ever since but i feel i should do more by taking the exam again Incase of future use

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liposure:
are u coming 2 church next sunday. Wood like 2 attend
I will be there grin grin
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Liposure: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I will be there grin grin
how do i reach u. I wood hav luv 2 come 2 ur feloship but since u said okota lagos i cant
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnyvision(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ricodine:
Can one restitute without having to confess the offence to the individual? For instance, a person steals from someone because he's broke. After a year or so, he gives back to the person indirectly and more in measure. Does this act imply restitution?
the person needs to know about the offence even if you pay indirectly.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
golddare:

It's a topic that if care is not taken it will override the power of forgiveness when one repents, confess and accepts Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Some person overflogged the issue using the flesh to impose on people to restititute.

Jesu told those he saved to go and sin no more. There was never a place he said until you destitute before you can be saved. Zaccheus action was a sign of true repentance and infact the fulfillment of the law that says you must refund back.

I am not saying one should not restutitute but let the Holy Spirit instruct people and not humans.
Dont limit the work at calvary with restitution.

Come to think of it, is there anyone that doesnt have one thing or the other to restitute?

Jesus said to that prostitute

She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” John 8:11

Jesus said to the thief on the cross

Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." Luke 23 :43

And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.’ Act 2:21

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom 10 : 9-10

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Dont get me wrong, all I am saying is that repentance is powerful and the finished work on the cross of calvary must not be watered with the doctrine of restitution.
You can restitute if the Holy Spirit and conscience instructs you.

God bless your soul. More grace!

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnyvision(m): 8:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
scarwiz:
how will i restitute for cheating in my ssce ,years ago , please i need help with biblical verse,thank you
you need to inform the waec authority that you cheated in your ssce exam & you want to restitute, it is up to them...what is most important is that you have a free conscience (numbers 5: 6-8 ).
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Hotspotbro(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
You preaching to the choir, kid. Go up north tell IBB to return our stolen money
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by femi4: 6:10am On Feb 17, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
I agree with this.. Many churches don't preach this
I wish d Holy Spirit will throw more light on this matter
how many churches you don go?

Besides, restitution is not as important as FORGIVENESS.

Restitution is just a means to an end
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by lucky4west: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2020
sure restitution is a hallmark of a genuinely born again believer
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Mryacks: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
Neroiam:
OP, restitution is rubbish.. Wetin don loss don loss

Making amends means changing your ways for better.

If you wrong a person, you can apologize to them.. But what if you kill a person? How do you bring them back to life?
Reference: Why didn't Paul restore the lives he decimated? Yet he said he's wrong no man. He encountered Christ.

2cor 5:17 ..if any man be in Christ, he's a new creation. Old things are passed away and everything become new!!

Restitution is somewhat self righteousness. Remember, our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God

Trying to look at it from this angle now....you made sense

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
femi4:
how many churches you don go?

Besides, restitution is not as important as FORGIVENESS.

Restitution is just a means to an end
i listen to christian messages so i know what i am saying, i am yet to see a small book written about such subjects
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by femi4: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
i listen to christian messages so i know what i am saying, i am yet to see a small book written about such subjects
Seriously

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2020
Sunnyvision:

you need to inform the waec authority that you cheated in your ssce exam & you want to restitute, it is up to them...what is most important is that you have a free conscience (numbers 5: 6-8 ).
thank you i will read the verse now
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 9:24am On Feb 18, 2020
scarwiz:
thank you i will read the verse now
I just read the verse but i need a verse from the new testament,i have confessed to God and men but not the exam body

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 10:58am On Feb 20, 2020
Sunnyvision:

the person needs to know about the offence even if you pay indirectly.
not all restitution can one confess like in the case of killing it is better you let things go than going to the family that might have forgotten or going to the law that will waste your life in prison when God might want to use you
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by scarwiz(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sunnyvision:

I don't need to inform the exam body about it because i might go to jail or pay a fine for it and after that they won't do anything to make the exam better,i just need to confess to God and stop using the result by sitting for another one
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Onlinepromo: 6:18am On Mar 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Preaching In Commercial Buses: / Presidency: Primate Ayodele Warns PDP Against Zoning / You Must Keep The Law!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.