Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. (11638 Views)

The Blessings Of Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? / ** The Power Of Restitution And Restoration Of Blessings 2* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by BlueAngel444: 10:05am On Feb 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Must you state that many churches don't preach it? How would you know do you attend many churches every Sunday to know that?

HRHQueenPhil he is asking if you jump from church to church, probably why u miss the Sunday each church preaches it. what are the odds cheesy
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

If you kon kill person or people in the case of Saul(later Paul) ...shay u should bring the people back to life na ..Oga restitutor ..you be guided

Is that what you think restitution is? I didn't know you were a novice and lack wisdom and knowledge of the word of God, I shouldn't have replied you.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Must you state that many churches don't preach it? How would you know do you attend many churches every Sunday to know that?

Help me ask him, how many church has he attend ?
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Neroiam(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Is that what you think restitution is? I didn't know you were a novice and lack wisdom and knowledge of the word of God, I shouldn't have replied you.

Madam.. I just came back from church. I ready for you.. grin grin grin

Let's start with the dictionary meaning.. Oya see photo below

Tell me your definition of restitution. You that's a pro having the wisdom and the knowledge of God. Aunty Pharisee

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Bacteriologist(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
shut up, the donations and fornication as you put it are free willed with choice

At least nobody's life is been taken against their will via Islamic terrorists, throats slaughters, jihadist suicide bombers, Islamic paedophile marriages

If you think Christianity was never like radical Islam. You know nothing about history.

How did you think Christianity spread in Europe if not by violence? Pick up a book other than the Bible. Start with history.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 10:22am On Feb 16, 2020
We sometimes put burdens on people as the Pharisees & Sadducees always do. What you have been told is different from what is in the Bible. Jesus never preached restitution! Paul never did! Peter never did! Paul wouldn't have been free because of his past life(you heard him talk of restitution?)
The only scripture some preachers use to talk about restitution is the case of Zacchaeus. Jesus never told Zacchaeus to restitute,he himself thought of it. Under grace, Jesus has done ALL & I repeat ALL "restitutions". Yes, if I have someone's property in my possession and I am led by the Holy Spirit to go return, then I should do that. We have neglected the Holy Spirit in this contemporary days & the major reason Christianity has become what it has become. That something looks good to do doesn't mean it is correct. Zeal without knowledge is dangerous. KNOW THE HOLY SPIRIT!

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:
OP, restitution is rubbish.. Wetin don loss don loss

Making amends means changing your ways for better.

If you wrong a person, you can apologize to them.. But what if you kill a person? How do you bring them back to life?
Reference: Why didn't Paul restore the lives he decimated? Yet he said he's wrong no man. He encountered Christ.

2cor 5:17 ..if any man be in Christ, he's a new creation. Old things are passed away and everything become new!!

Restitution is somewhat self righteousness. Remember, our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God

I don't know hw answer that , i no be pastor
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2020
Bacteriologist:

If you think Christianity was never like radical Islam. You know nothing about history.
so when would radical Islam become like Christianity now?

At least we can all have discussion like this and we manage the so called scams without one's throat been slit on his way to Adamawa for having a different orientation or people been targeted for bombings in shout of Allah.

Mind you this is the 21st century of englightment

The Many lies you tell against Christianity is again bursted below, that pics belong to shia muslims

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by BlueAngel444: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2020
Ricodine:
Can one restitute without having to confess the offence to the individual? For instance, a person steals from someone because he's broke. After a year or so, he gives back to the person indirectly and more in measure. Does this act imply restitution?
I agree with u sir

restitution should be an effect of salvation, a result of it and not a result to it.

remember Judas who tried paying back for his offense of betraying Jesus

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Pls he's right
He is not right
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2020
Sunnycliff:
There are some issues that one can't easily restitute on.

Cases of sleeping with a married woman. How will you do the restitution?
Writing waec for someone and the person paid you for such service. How will you restitute?
The bible say "go and sin no more"
Expell urself it and be safe
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Juliusmomoh: 10:29am On Feb 16, 2020
Sunnycliff:

Dont argue. Most prosperity preachers don't talk about restitution
Name them
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:30am On Feb 16, 2020
Neroiam:

Madam.. I just came back from church. I ready for you.. grin grin grin

Let's start with the dictionary meaning.. Oya see photo below

Tell me your definition of restitution. You that's a pro having the wisdom and the knowledge of God. Aunty Pharisee

So where does it say, after killing someone, the restitution is to bring the person back to life? Or have you forgotten your previous comment? Go and read my first comment to you very very slowly, so that you will assimilate my simple words well, and while at it, with biblical evidences, show me where it is written that restitution shouldn't be preached at all, cos you seem to me as a mere church goer.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Bacteriologist(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
so when would radical Islam become like Christianity now?

At least we can all have discussion like this and we manage the so called scams without one's throat been slit on his way to Adamawa for having a different orientation or people been targeted for bombings in shout of Allah.

Mind you this is the 21st century of englightment

As soon as they have enough followers that see no need for violence it would stop. Because that's what made Christianity take their foot off the gas.

Yes! it took people (mere humans born in sin) to tell all-loving Yahweh that killing is wrong.

Just like Christianity spread by the use of violence, once Islam spreads enough it would pretend to be peaceful like Christianity is.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 10:37am On Feb 16, 2020
This is not a debate topic and I don't know why some people are pressing 'P'. We call ourselves Christians and there shouldn't be insults to one another. Make comments and do not be bad-mouthed or be spiritually pompous. Paul even said 'we know in part'.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by BlueAngel444: 10:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Btk1986:
We sometimes put burdens on people as the Pharisees & Sadducees always do. What you have been told is different from what is in the Bible. Jesus never preached restitution! Paul never did! Peter never did! Paul wouldn't have been free because of his past life(you heard him talk of restitution?)
The only scripture some preachers use to talk about restitution is the case of Zacchaeus. Jesus never told Zacchaeus to restitute,he himself thought of it. Under grace, Jesus has done ALL & I repeat ALL "restitutions". Yes, if I have someone's property in my possession and I am led by the Holy Spirit to go return, then I should do that. We have neglected the Holy Spirit in this contemporary days & the major reason Christianity has become what it has become. That something looks good to do doesn't mean it is correct. Zeal without knowledge is dangerous. KNOW THE HOLY SPIRIT!

so if the Holy Spirit doesn't tell you u won't return it?

how will know if he does tell u,will u even listed. self
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 16, 2020
Bacteriologist:

As soon as they have enough followers that see no need for violence it would stop. Because that's what made Christianity take their foot off the gas.

Yes! it took people (mere humans born in sin) to tell all-loving Yahweh that killing is wrong.

Just like Christianity spread by the use of violence, once Islam spreads enough it would pretend to be peaceful like Christianity is.
All atheist are scared to talk about Islam cos they probably be beheaded in a minute.

Islam would never be peaceful, the violence, jihad and bloodshed is for eternity and must usher the emergence of an Al Mahdi that brings the Earth to a close.

They are not seeking to spread Islam but to end the world by manufacturing any unending chaos.

That's why Syria is at war with its own Muslim people aided by Iran that believes it is the fore bearer nation of the Al Mahdi.

If Muslims don't see others to kill, they would kill they own selves.

Besides Islam through Mohammed has perpetrated enough violence from the beginning of time, Islam is a major religion globally, if it was about needing enough spread they have it already
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Choplyf(m): 10:52am On Feb 16, 2020
Restitution is pertinent

A 2bedroom flat is available in Shasha, Akowonjo, Lagos. Interested person(s) should check my signature for contact for more info.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:

so if the Holy Spirit doesn't tell you u won't return it?

how will know if he does tell u,will u even listed. self

All I am saying is: BE LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT & not one's head.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 10:58am On Feb 16, 2020
Btk1986:

And who told you Paul was free? Was he not persecuted all through his missionary journey?

Restitution is very important. If you killed the breadwinner of a family, the proper restitution is repentance, taking it up to preach against killing and taking care of the family of the person.

Again, you may not directly pay for your sins. Your relations or future generation will definitely pay for it. Let no man deceive you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by lekspot01(m): 10:59am On Feb 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

Na una go dey fight Una self.... God Don talk am since... Abeg, shift lemme pass. Confused people everywhere
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by lekspot01(m): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2020
mrZENographer:
Didn't believe in Miracles but now believes.
Let that Pastorpreneur go to China to perform his miracle to make more money.... Sey him dey crase ni... E go come back dead I bet it with u
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Sunnycliff(m): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Name them

Christ Embassy, Chris Okotie Church, etc
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Bacteriologist(m): 11:01am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:

All atheist are scared to talk about Islam cos they probably be beheaded in a minute.

Islam would never be peaceful, the violence, jihad and bloodshed is for eternity and must usher the emergence of an Al Mahdi that brings the Earth to a close.

They are not seeking to spread Islam but to end the world by manufacturing any unending chaos.

That's why Syria is at war with its own Muslim people aided by Iran that believes it is the fore bearer nation of the Al Mahdi.

If Muslims don't see others to kill, they would kill they own selves.

Besides Islam through Mohammed has perpetrated enough violence from the beginning of time, Islam is a major religion globally, if it was about needing enough spread they have it already

Who the füčk do you think you are to say what ALL ATHEISTS do?

YOU are the one who is scared of Islam. It scares YOU to YOUR BONES because as a Christian YOU are subject to fear. YOU are only projecting what YOU feel on a daily basis to others. Get a füčking grip. You asshole.

Atheists HAVE no fear. We are ABOVE it. So we can thrash ANY RELIGION we choose to. Read something else than the Bible and you might find threads where atheists are bashing Muslims.

YOUR thoughts about all atheists is largely ignorant, misplaced and irrelevant. And thankfully for us, what YOU like to THINK is not the truth.

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Acehart: 11:05am On Feb 16, 2020
Heretic teaching
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by orisa37: 11:06am On Feb 16, 2020
Thanks. RESTITUTION IS REPENTANCE.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by spirul77: 11:09am On Feb 16, 2020
[quote author=Fountainofyouth post=86691457]
spot on, restitution is necessary when possible, some people hurt their fellow human but only pray to God for forgiveness forgetting it's not God they offended but their neighbor, it's like hitting another car on the road and instead of apologizing to the driver you just come out of your car and start apologising to God for your careless driving.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by Btk1986(m): 11:15am On Feb 16, 2020
mank1234:

And who told you Paul was free? Was he not persecuted all through his missionary journey?

Restitution is very important. If you killed the breadwinner of a family, the proper restitution is repentance, taking it up to preach against killing and taking care of the family of the person.

Again, you may not directly pay for your sins. Your relations or future generation will definitely pay for it. Let no man deceive you.

He was free! I am not talking about persecution. All true christians must face persecution. Stop mixing 'restitution' with GENUINE REPENTANCE( which is true gospel).
Thank God some of us aren't God, otherwise! The Soul that sins will die except he/she repents. Through Jesus we no longer live in fear but liberty. Living in fear & condemnation puts one & his/her descendants in bondage. Living right through God's spirit is key.
Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by derealj(m): 11:18am On Feb 16, 2020
Restitution is not for every sin, but if you commit a sin which can be pardoned by restitution and you chose not to do it because you are covered by grace, you are still going to suffer for that even if you repent.
So please make amends when you can. In the Catholic Church there is a kind of confession you will tell a priest, he will inquire from you the circumstances surrounding your wrong doing; if it requires for you to restitute, he will tell you to go and do it.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 11:22am On Feb 16, 2020
Btk1986:

He was free! I am not talking about persecution. All true christians must face persecution. Stop mixing 'restitution' with GENUINE REPENTANCE( which is true gospel).
Thank God some of us aren't God, otherwise! The Soul that sins will die except he/she repents. Through Jesus we no longer live in fear but liberty. Living in fear & condemnation puts one & his/her descendants in bondage. Living right through God's spirit is key.

He persecuted and was persecuted.
He killed and was killed.
Equal measure. Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. by mank1234(m): 11:23am On Feb 16, 2020
derealj:
Restitution is not for every sin, but if you commit a sin which can be pardoned by restitution and you chose not to do it because you are covered by grace, you are still going to suffer for that even if you repent.
So please make amends when you can. In the Catholic Church there is a kind of confession you will tell a priest, he will inquire from you the circumstances surrounding your wrong doing; if it requires for you to restitute, he will tell you to go and do it.

Thumbs up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pentecostal Experience / Preaching In Commercial Buses: / New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.