Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,287 members, 7,829,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case (29774 Views)

Buhari Writes CJN Over Decongestion Of Prisons Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Onnoghen: Protest By Lawyers Against Tanko Mohammed (photos) / Photos Of Tanko Mohammed, The Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by VirginSearcher(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
Good move, that one na APC judge

3 Likes

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by osusuallstars: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2020
They must
They cannot be judge in their own case

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by frankmoney(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
If tanko should be removed , Mary odili also should not participate . I think that's fair enough for both parties

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by VirginSearcher(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2020

2 Likes

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Eteka1(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Shut up! Are u supporting the robbery in Imo to stand? I don't know whats wrong with u guys
What robbery? The judgement was sound.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by ndcide(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2020
The responses here, shows, Nigeria has a big problem. That only God can solve.

Nigerians don't hate corruption. They hate not being the beneficiary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Randy100: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Nobody should be talking about the judges, what we should be talking about is justice.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by VirginSearcher(m): 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
Eteka1:
Just look at u.. the judgement was sound.. so 4th position is the winner, and every voter in the 388 polling units only voted for APC right? may God help u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Mintek: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
[s]
helinues:
Sorry what is Pdp?
[/s]

The Pan-Nigerian party causing you and your paymasters sleepless nights.

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Enwhen(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Eteka1:
But they would like Mary Odili who is from Mbise and Married to Peter Odili on the case right? Bunch of hypocrites.

You people should stop blaming Justice Odili,

Is it Mary Odili that asked Sen Degi to present different names as a person ...

If is me and you , no institution, not even Jamb will accept with different names in Waec, primary cert., I wonder how he did he clearance after admission in the university... Big men always bigger than the law , if not election tussle, nobody will ever question him ... ordinary citzens like us cannot try it... Even with this Sen Degi will will still continue with all those names...5k affidavit is enough to correct those names but yet he refused , yet U are here blaming a judge for following the law as applicable to orsinaor citizens.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by HappyCanadian: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2020
Stupid CJN and stupid Buhari

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by emkz: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2020
Why would the PDP interfere in a judicial process in the public domain? Why would the PDP protest against a Supreme Court judgement at all? Do these dim-wits realize they are casting aspersions on our judiciary? When Buhari was losing, did he ever protest against judicial pronouncements? When the Supreme Court fired a governor-designate on the eve of his inauguration, did the APC lead a protest against that judgement? There is a process and these politicians must not be allowed to abuse it for selfish reasons.

This was the same way one tonyebarcanista wrote an epistle asking for the Supreme Court to make public the names of the judges to hear Atiku's appeal. To reflect federalism in a judicial panel? What the fück is that? If we must go with that line of reasoning, why would the APC allow a Lady Justice wife of a PDP chieftain to hear their appeal? Do we even understand the implications of these things?

I strongly think our National Assembly should make laws to protect the Judiciary and make certain actions criminal like accusing a Justice of bias without proof. I think its time we establish a Judicial Police who must carry out the orders of the courts, protect judges and arrest those abusing the judiciary. I think they have the US Marshals who do this job in the states.

INEC conducts elections, who regulates political parties and their activities? I may not support the Supreme Court, but with an opposition party like PDP, democracy is doomed.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by CanadaOrBust: 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
VirginSearcher:

Just look at u.. the judgement was sound.. so 4th position is the winner, and every voter in the 388 polling units only voted for APC right? may God help u

(Actually Hope did give PDP some votes (see newspaper articles below))grin

This Imo judgment is waaaayyy out of bounds. It is not even comparable to any of the other cases. It is entirely the only case where the Supreme Court actually aided and abetted fraud and rigging!

A mere cursory examination of the Uzodinma documents would have shown them that they are obviously fraudulent. Not only were they full of ridiculous figures that exceeded number of registered voters, they were also incomplete, smudgy, full of alterations, signed only by APC, and showed results for only APC and PDP out of 70 parties!

Those are the documents a Supreme Court relied on to overrule all lower courts PLUS INEC in order to replace an 8-month governor with a 4th place finisher!

Consider the precedent set here.
How hard is it to obtain INEC documents, write any results u wish, keep the carbon copies, and destroy the rest??
Or is it that it is so hard to obtain INEC documents??
The ONLY way to checkmate that is to accept INEC’s word, UNDER OATH, that they never issued those documents!
Which is exactly what they did about the Uzodinma documents!
——————————————————
All elections have errors and shenanigans. But that’s why the bar for removing an incumbent is high. After all the games and maneuverings the umpire declares a result. It is VERY IMPORTANT not to change that result unless the documentary proof is unassailable and the reasons crystal clear. INEC declared Ihedioha the winner and Hope 4th place. That’s the baseline. They were not equal - one was the incumbent, the other came FOURTH! You don’t lightly change that.
YOU DON’T DO IT BY REFUSING TO EXAMINE DOCUMENTS OR BY ACCEPTING CLEARLY FRAUDULENT NUMBERS!
——————————————-
BlackfireX, slimderek, slimderek, Eteka1, mushystuff, revived, Captainrambo2,OakConsultNG, solmus,Wickedfacts, wwwihy, frankmoney
Gozzzy, money121, b3llo, kahal29, fergie001, mushystuff, punisha, VirginSearcher, osusuallstars, kolade560, obidr, Mintek, Enwhen, HappyCanadian
The following are from two of the most reputable newspapers in Nigeria not some political hacks.
I wonder what TANKO and these other judges think when they read these:
——————-

Guardian. Monday, January 27, 2020
(Remember these numbers exclude votes scored by the other 68 Parties!):

• Ruling is miscarriage of justice, say lawyers
• How apex court failed in votes computation

...The Guardian obtained a certified-true-copy of the record of the appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Uzodinma and APC...

On figure number 69 which shows votes cast at Eziama/Okpala (Umualum Village Square, Eziama)
total number of registered voters =492, whereas the APC scored 819 votes
and PDP scored 7 votes,
meaning 334 more votes than registered voters!

On page 22 of the record, at the polling unit 285 (Obudi/Aro, Central Assembly Square),
registered voters = 449
APC polled 780 votes
PDP polled four votes, leaving a total of 335 votes higher than the actual number of registered voters.

Also on page 22 of the petition, polling unit 282
number of registered voters = 591,
APC polled 586 votes
PDP nine votes, indicating a total of four votes higher than the registered number of voters.

Figures from page 79 of the record of appeal show:
Registered voters = 526
APC got 526 votes, while PDP was credited with two votes, indicating two votes higher than the total number of registered voters in the area.”
———————————-

Vanguard. Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Imo Guber: How Supreme court erred in computation of results

*Declared more votes than accredited voters
*Failed to interrogate petitioners’ evidence
*Avoided mentioning figures in a written judgment

Facts have emerged that the Supreme Court failed to do a thorough mathematical computation of the results of the election but relied only on the wrong computations submitted by Sen. Hope Uzodinma to declare him the duly-elected governor of Imo State...

Both the EPT and the Appeal Court dismissed the petition for lacking in merit.

By relying on the faulty tabulation made by Sen. Uzodinma, the Supreme Court arrived at a figure of 950,952 total votes cast at the election, which is more than the total votes cast at the election totalling 823,743.

This gave rise to 127,209 excess votes at the election as affirmed by the Supreme Court, which all through avoided mentioning figures regarding the votes cast for the disputants or the total registered voters and valid and invalid votes in the judgment.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Osidazz19: 8:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
PDP IDIOTS.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by obidr(m): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2020
Eteka1:

May you and your future generations have that kind of sound judgement for the rest of their lives. Amen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by tricksters: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2020
You 2 must perish with your problem. So it is justifiable that election result are excluded from over 100 polling unit just so that Ihedioha can become governor. Why can't INEC prove in court the result submitted are fake or fraudulent ? The way PDP as been rigging n shortchanging Nigeria during election is the way the happiness joy n glory of your life will be shortchanged for disaster agony pain n eternal damnation. IJN I pray AMEN !

Gozzzy:

My problem with you people is that you live in self deceit!!! That Supreme court denied APC of victory in Bayelsa doesn't mean that they are justifiable if their reason for the denial doesn't hold water... But can you analyse that of Imo state and give an unbiased judgement and say that Supreme court was right? If deep in your heart, you know that supreme court was not right, I pray that the universe treat your life the way supreme court treated Imo state governorship tribunal.
obidr:

May you and your future generations have that kind of sound judgement for the rest of their lives. Amen.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Staro: 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gbam !
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by IsioStar1: 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
[quote author=mushystuff post=86734291]

It is not PDP's fault that Buhari has failed to conclude the process of appointing more justices to the Supreme Court having just 13 judicial officers serving and knowing that the court is entitled to at most 21 justices. With 13, you cannot even get a completely fresh panel outside the original 7 that heard the issue initially.

In the real sense if you will be honest, it is only proper that it is not the same Judges that heard and decided the matter before that should revisit it for purposes of neutrality and fairness.[/quote

Point of correction, the NJC nominates and then forward to Executive for necessary action. So channel the blames appropriately.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by greggng: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
Gozzzy:

My problem with you people is that you live in self deceit!!! That Supreme court denied APC of victory in Bayelsa doesn't mean that they are justifiable if their reason for the denial doesn't hold water... But can you analyse that of Imo state and give an unbiased judgement and say that Supreme court was right? If deep in your heart, you know that supreme court was not right, I pray that the universe treat your life the way supreme court treated Imo state governorship tribunal.

This is why i will continue to say that a good number of Nigerians don't understand how court processes and procedures are done. First you approach the court with your prayers....Apc uzodinma told the court to declare him winner of the imo election on the ground that his lawful votes from 313 units were excluded for no just cause. Pdp prayers was that the result present by uzodinma was forged and not from Inec. The supreme court looked at the facts by asking pdp to present the authentic result f those units since they claimed that from apc is forged . They could not present any result. The supreme court further asked Inec to look into the result presented by apc to confirm if is forged but Inec confirmed that they result is signed by their staff and the police presented their own copy which tallies with what Apc brought. The judge's having since that Pdp and Inec are partners in crime decided to add the excluded result to the rightful owner ..,,that was how apc became governor. You cannot benefit from your mischieve....This is elementary law. The court is not father Xmas that will give you what u didn't ask for. As far as I am concern nothing will come out of the review cos justice was properly served.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Eteka1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
obidr:

Rubbish. If you have nothing to say, just shut up.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Kingspin(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
A case heading by Tanko
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by kolade560: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
reccy:
This useless party again I don't know why they are just selfish and self centered.... Maybe that odili of a judge should step aside for the bayelsa and zamfara case review...

If it favour them, the court has resist intimidation from FG and Buhari and truly, the court is the last hope of common man.

Immediately it goes against them, the EU, Trump, AU, everybody will be called upon to look at how PMB has pocket the judiciary, bow Tanko is the worst CJN to have to happened to the system.....

They will never commend or appreciate PMB for once.... You try this shit during OBJ or GEJ tenure say you get court case against his party and you remove the governor con put the rival, OBJ I know will just laugh you... And you know the rest....

Me, I will never believe once that PMB influences any court cases....
Shut the crap, this APC govt is d worst in Nigeria history, don't say wat u don't know. Buhari and APC are confused already but just patching their inadequacies with lies and blame game.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by sapientia(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2020
See the mess we are in now.

Buhari you have seen the mess you caused.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by fredoooooo: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Oga Tanko is in charge grin

Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole and Tanko are the names PDO hate most grin
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by AgentNairaland(f): 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
You Want To End Jihad In Court Abi.. Never Possible

1 Like

Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by edoairways: 8:28pm On Feb 17, 2020
Eteka1:
But they would like Mary Odili who is from Mbise and Married to Peter Odili on the case right? Bunch of hypocrites.
Yeah
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by edoairways: 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2020
reccy:
This useless party again I don't know why they are just selfish and self centered.... Maybe that odili of a judge should step aside for the bayelsa and zamfara case review...

If it favour them, the court has resist intimidation from FG and Buhari and truly, the court is the last hope of common man.

Immediately it goes against them, the EU, Trump, AU, everybody will be called upon to look at how PMB has pocket the judiciary, bow Tanko is the worst CJN to have to happened to the system.....

They will never commend or appreciate PMB for once.... You try this shit during OBJ or GEJ tenure say you get court case against his party and you remove the governor con put the rival, OBJ I know will just laugh you... And you know the rest....

Me, I will never believe once that PMB influences any court cases....
His party members did.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by XANDERBOY85: 8:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wickedfacts:
Did Mary Odili step down from the Bayelsa case?

Did anyone ask her to?
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2020
Stupid letter. But how will someone that got fourth position in an election become the governor. Nna ehh what would I not see in this useless country.
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by COUSIN1279(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
My guy wrote waec 11X please make una help am...
Re: PDP Writes CJN Tanko Mohammed, Asks Him To Step Aside From Imo Case by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2020
greggng:

This is why i will continue to say that a good number of Nigerians don't understand how court processes and procedures are done. First you approach the court with your prayers....Apc uzodinma told the court to declare him winner of the imo election on the ground that his lawful votes from 313 units were excluded for no just cause. Pdp prayers was that the result present by uzodinma was forged and not from Inec. The supreme court looked at the facts by asking pdp to present the authentic result f those units since they claimed that from apc is forged . They could not present any result. The supreme court further asked Inec to look into the result presented by apc to confirm if is forged but Inec confirmed that they result is signed by their staff and the police presented their own copy which tallies with what Apc brought. The judge's having since that Pdp and Inec are partners in crime decided to add the excluded result to the rightful owner ..,,that was how apc became governor. You cannot benefit from your mischieve....This is elementary law. The court is not father Xmas that will give you what u didn't ask for. As far as I am concern nothing will come out of the review cos justice was properly served.
Thank you for this explanation because I've been thinking fourth position and a governor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Presidential Campaign Council Reacts To Offensive Video By Mr Peter Obi / King Mohammed Of Morocco Arrives Nigeria, Received By Osinbajo (photos) / Things That Would Have Happened If Saraki Didn't Become The Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.