Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,756 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't (6187 Views)

What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? / Northern Wedding Of Groom That Loves To Dance & His Shy Bride That Can't Dance / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by lavylilly: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2020
“If you like don’t cook for your husband, get a maid and she will perform other duties too”
I can’t believe idiots still think like this, like most Nigerian families didn’t have maids while growing. If you want to kill your wife with chores, you’re free but allow people breath.
Marriages are different and people adapt to the kind of partners they have. Some get maids for their wives, some their wives only supervise the kitchen, some wives cook and all these people are living happily. Let everyone do what suits them.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by 2rez: 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
Someone's daughter right now dey look Adeboye like

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by lavylilly: 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
This is how it should be

A relationship with no gender role. We both hustle, we both cook, we both clean, we both pay bills, we both spoil each other, we both help each other
2rez:
Someone's daughter right now dey look Adeboye like
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Omar09(m): 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
Word. Adeboye said it. But men wouldn't listen because of fine face, big waist....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Omar09(m): 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
The world will be a better place if everyone realises that a particular chore isn't solely designated to a particular gender.

I don't know why you are embittered about his statement. Everyone's got choice. And the fact one wants a particular trait in another doesn't make that trait relevant to that gender. If you like keep saying... That a particular chore... Yen yen. If you don't know how to cook and a potential husband comes by and he wants someone who knows how to cook, you do realize you lost out. Obviously he will look for one to satisfy his desires... Food!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Omar09(m): 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

You too, you get lost. I hope u understand me clearly, just there are so many like you now and it's scary. I hope every man finds time to repent of their sins to avoid these punishments.

Me I am taking my time with God so that he doesn't punish me with a wife like these lots on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Omar09(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

This is funny, him saying "a lady" means he is singling them out one by one, isn't it clear as day? Remove non gender specific whatever cos he already mentioned "sons", Or why will he have said "partner" when they are not married? Or do you think Adegboye preaches or believes in boyfriend/girlfriend and relationships? Like i said, this is how he preaches and refers to young ones so stop trying too hard, you lack understanding here.

If you can cook, then you shouldn't be bothered. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by proclinician: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
Omar09:

Me I am taking my time with God so that he doesn't punish me with a wife like these lots on nairaland.

I wish you the best.

I used to go to church only on Easter sundays but now i try to go twice each week and i try to do penance and help the poor and those religious stuffs so i won't be punished.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Omar09(m): 6:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
grin grin
proclinician:

I wish you the best.

I used to go to church only on Easter sundays but now i try to go twice each week and i try to do penance and help the poor and those religious stuffs so i won't be punished.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
The world will be a better place if everyone realises that a particular chore isn't solely designated to a particular gender.
I see most ur comments irritating ....I no is non of my business but come on gal stop D's defensive bullshit all d time ....if u are a Muslim well I don't know much about d Qur'an but if u are a Christian and u have been going to church since ur childhood and up till now u don't no in d bible God specifically spells out a man and woman duties in a home den is a shame cos all ur going have been a waste....I won't tell u those chapters and verses cos u aiin't worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 6:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
lavylilly:
This is how it should be

A relationship with no gender role. We both hustle, we both cook, we both clean, we both pay bills, we both spoil each other, we both help each other
I hope you are in Europe
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 6:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
lavylilly:
“If you like don’t cook for your husband, get a maid and she will perform other duties too”
I can’t believe idiots still think like this, like most Nigerian families didn’t have maids while growing. If you want to kill your wife with chores, you’re free but allow people breath.
Marriages are different and people adapt to the kind of partners they have. Some get maids for their wives, some their wives only supervise the kitchen, some wives cook and all these people are living happily. Let everyone do what suits them.
Lol..I guess ur mum had a maid cook for you and ur father growing up.... just asking and please answer honestly.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by cRobo: 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Omar09:

I don't know why you are embittered about his statement. Everyone's got choice. And the fact one wants a particular trait in another doesn't make that trait relevant to that gender. If you like keep saying... That a particular chore... Yen yen. If you don't know how to cook and a potential husband comes by and he wants someone who knows how to cook, you do realize you lost out. Obviously he will look for one to satisfy his desires... Food!

I chose not to mention her because of her bitterness
Really appreciate a lady/woman of your type saying this

Everyone have their desire and Adeboye is a mentor to many and who has been married for many years and one sciolistic person fault him

I for one don't care if you know how to cook or not, I know how to cook more than my fiancee but that's no criteria for me criticizing Adeboye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by theManOfGod(m): 7:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nice advice from Pastor Adeboye. Instead of listening to advice and what will help their marriage, some people are busy throwing shades. Men love food. I mean good food.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Reality11: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
If I don't want to eat outside, I'll employ a cook not marry.

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
Omar09:

All you shemales on here never cease to display your shallow thinking, not everyone wants to get married you schmuck, you think it's only guys that reject ladies? All those renowned male chefs that are married and cook for their family, they are stupid right? be gone with your irritating nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Godoverevery:

I see most ur comments irritating ....I no is non of my business but come on gal stop D's defensive bullshit all d time ....if u are a Muslim well I don't know much about d Qur'an but if u are a Christian and u have been going to church since ur childhood and up till now u don't no in d bible God specifically spells out a man and woman duties in a home den is a shame cos all ur going have been a waste....I won't tell u those chapters and verses cos u aiin't worth it.

See smellos, I was expecting someone to quote me with bible comments, why did you run knowing I'd ask? I want you to specifically show the chapter and verses where God specifically said "THE DUTY OF A WOMAN IS TO COOK IN THE HOME" if you don't show me, means you've commited blasphemy, and God will punish you for it,

Na your type dey preach false doctrine for church, nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

See smellos, I was expecting someone to quote me with bible comments, why did you run knowing I'd ask? I want you to specifically show the chapter and verses where God specifically said "THE DUTY OF A WOMAN IS TO COOK IN THE HOME" if you don't show me, means you've commited blasphemy, and God will punish you for it,

Na your type dey preach false doctrine for church, nonsense.
Well I wasn't expecting anything less.....a pig will always be a pig
I don't do insult or neither convo frustrated bitter women.....d book is Titus 2:5.....women are the keepers of the home.
What is the work of a house keeper??
Hope ur dad always do the dishes and clean the house aswell? Just asking no offence intended.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by comradewanle(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2020
Every woman should know it's their duties to care of their home. It's generally and morally acceptable even in the advanced countries that it's a woman that cooks. I wonder why some ladies get confused abt this topic.
Take for example, at reception, those anchoring the prog will say.....give ur husband the first food. I had never seen otherwise being the case. Rest is history jor. But note: you are not successful as a woman if your home is not organized. Only wise pple can deduce that.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Heavance(m): 7:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
densiks:
The advise is not for everyone.
He was speaking to his ‘sons’
Those who think differently can pass by and avoid getting involved with his sons.

He also never said the woman MUST always do the cooking.

As for me,a woman that can’t cook is a security risk to the livelihood and well being of my children.
I enjoyed my mother’s meals as a child and I still do anytime I visit her and she rose to the peak of her career as a professional in the health sector with multiple qualifications likewise many women I know.

In a proper family setting, there’s a special place for the food prepared my the woman.
My children have a right to enjoy same or better.

I can always take care of myself without some woman cooking for me but these wack comments denigrating the old man is completely unnecessary and shows a fundamental error in how most young folks in this generation have been raised.
He is not speaking for his sons alone o...
Some ladies are terrible. So it's that nonsense noodles and egg they want to cook for children till they are grown?

So they don't know that adage that says "your leg can take you away from home, but your stomach will bring you back"
It seems we are not raising kids well anymore, how can a sensible lady defend her deficiency in the kitchen? Like how?
Even when Abraham saw the angels in the bible, he entertained them with food, and they ended up telling Abraham what was about to go down.... Please someone should explain the sense these ladies are trying to pass?
Mind you, rice and stew, noodles and egg, those things are not what we are talking about o.
Check @iya olounje on twitter and tell me if you are not feeling the dishes from the screen

And someone is defending why they can't cook.
Wash, men already improvised with washing machine, even dry cleaners since the world is revolving.
Now cook, they are saying what? Love fades o, but hunger can't fade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Lamanii22(f): 8:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
Olalan:
How would anyone not even know how to cook...........it's just like saying you don't know how to do laundry yourself.

Some are just lazy... Cooking isn't hard... I've grown to enjoy it.. I learned how to cook few years ago.. All through my teenage years I never cooked.. Didn't know I've been missing out on good stuff lol

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by densiks: 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2020
Heavance:

He is not speaking for his sons alone o...
Some ladies are terrible. So it's that nonsense noodles and egg they want to cook for children till they are grown?

So they don't know that adage that says "your leg can take you away from home, but your stomach will bring you back"
It seems we are not raising kids well anymore, how can a sensible lady defend her deficiency in the kitchen? Like how?
Even when Abraham saw the angels in the bible, he entertained them with food, and they ended up telling Abraham what was about to go down.... Please someone should explain the sense these ladies are trying to pass?
Mind you, rice and stew, noodles and egg, those things are not what we are talking about o.
Check @iya olounje on twitter and tell me if you are not feeling the dishes from the screen

And someone is defending why they can't cook.
Wash, men already improvised with washing machine, even dry cleaners since the world is revolving.
Now cook, they are saying what? Love fades o, but hunger can't fade.

You’re a wise man!
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
Godoverevery:

Well I wasn't expecting anything less.....a pig will always be a pig
I don't do insult or neither convo frustrated bitter women.....d book is Titus 2:5.....women are the keepers of the home.
What is the work of a house keeper??
Hope ur dad always do the dishes and clean the house aswell? Just asking no offence intended.

You are the dirty pig? Where did it specifically say cook for the home? Do you even know the difference between keeper of the home and a house keeper? An house keeper is a maid you dumbo, do you know the difference between a house and a home? Quoting a bible verse just to support your slow self, irritant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by comradewanle(m): 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2020
Nigeria women..... the funniest thing, those deceiving them on gender equality don't practice it at home oo

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

You are the dirty pig? Where did it specifically say cook for the home? Do you even know the difference between keeper of the home and a house keeper? An house keeper is a maid you dumbo, do you know the difference between a house and a home? Quoting a bible verse just to support your slow self, irritant.
So home is different from a house rite?? ...damn....if u are a graduate or undergraduate ur parent are just wasting dere money.
Anyway I don't no which guy must have messed ur life up but d earlier u snap out the bitters d beta for u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Munzy14(m): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

You are a junk nuisance if you don't know how to cook.
The way u frustrated ladies move around with ur frustration eeh!!!, smh... Go and attack adeboye na...

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
Godoverevery:

So home is different from a house rite?? ...damn....if u are a graduate or undergraduate ur parent are just wasting dere money.
Anyway I don't no which guy must have messed ur life up but d earlier u snap out the bitters d beta for u.

Ordinary Google is there for you to expand your knowledge, but you've decided to be an everlasting dunce, if you are a graduate, you should start all over again from primary school, so that you can know the basics, you lack basic knowledge, nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Munzy14(m): 9:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
Godoverevery:

cheesy

That lady is damn frustrated..
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by 2rez: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
lavylilly:
This is how it should be

Your perspective though but then, it would probably work out that way in the next world, provided there's such. However, u & i know that a relationship of such would be most ladies nightmare.

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Godoverevery: 9:28pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Ordinary Google is there for you to expand your knowledge, but you've decided to be an everlasting dunce, if you are a graduate, you should start all over again from primary school, so that you can know the basics, you lack basic knowledge, nonsense.
like u didnt have basic knowledge of the Bible saying d woman is d house keeper rite....see stop going on every thread venting on guys...we are sorry for whatsoever the dudes did to u .... just stop D's attack on men in every thread is making u look insane.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by nazablossom(f): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
Munzy14:
Message to the junk ladies... cheesy

And abeg he is referring to the native recipes/cuisines.

We are not talking about some food that look like flower decorations in nairaland food section... grin

Come lalasticlala, dominique and mynd44 this one deserves a well furnished duplex in the promise land o.... cheesy
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof. Uju Anya And Her Lesbian Lover Express Love For Each Other On Twitter / Help My New Gf Is With Familiar Spirit(also Known As Emere) / See What My Girlfriend Gave Me For New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.