Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science (73388 Views)

Umar Yandaki Broke 33years Old Record Of First Class Degree In History Dept,UDUS / Al-Amin Bashir Bugaje, ABU Zaria Best Student 2017. Gets NNPC Scholarship / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
arena07:
Do you mean Middlesex university in UK?

Yes
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 1:32pm On Feb 19, 2020
lexy2014:

U worked in Nigeria... past tense.

His mates in computing are doing wonders across the nation...present continuous tense.

Like I said, am only following ur choice of words

I said I have legacy and active systems there. An active system is a system you're still supporting or improving on up till date. Smh
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

He said the truth, I withdraw from computer science, dropped out, went to Aptech 2’years and middlesex one year got a Bsc, doing my MS now, before I even finish Aptech, I don Dey develop back end websites, Android, Thats because of I was even hustling and going then, still yet I was able to acquire knowledge, I am venturing into the data science and big data analysis, Nigeria universities is quacked and demented, I thank God I took the bold decision of dropping out at 400, in same 4 years now, I am running a masters, 2 years Aptech, final year in middlesex university, that’s 3 years to be groomed into the IT world. Same in Ghana, Ghana by 3 year, you are already developing softwares as he said.. abroad university, class go hungry you to go self

Dude, go to YabaTech and see what OND guys are doing there. I didn't study there but after getting most of my best interviewees from there, I had to go and see for myself. When I was in Africa, my office had a branch in Accra, I'm not disputing the competence of their graduates, but just like here some schools churned out goods grads in certain fields of study while others did better in others. I am in the so-called abroad university now and I'm not comparing foreign institutions with ours, that would be over reaching. But I'm saying people are making it even with our institutions so that guy's sweeping statement about Computer Systems and education as a whole in Nigeria is overly bold, faulty misleading to upcoming lads. There are Android developers, ERP developers, etc. scattered across the nation. They might have been better if they had better education but they aren't here calling education a scam so what excuse does the guy have?

It didn't work for him, it's as simple as that. Some of us did the same courses in the same country and we're doing well even outside the country. You had the chance of going out, he doesn't. Instead of him to make the best use of the little he has, he dicided to discourage others.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by adanny01(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
mamatwiny:

I cannot rule out the possibility of having 1 or 2 or even 3 lecturers that pride themselves in failing students, but it is impossible to have 7 to 9 sadistic lecturers. Did you really see that result? With your line of argument, that is only possible with 7 to 9 sadistic lecturers in that department.

You do not have an idea how difficult a dept can be in ABU. It takes 1 wicked Prof to make the entire dept hell. All others will fear him and do worst than him..

Sometimes, a lecturer is wicked because he has godfathers.

My own wicked lecturer was jointly taking the course with his senior a Dr but he dictated over test and exams while he had nothing to teach and doesn't entertain questions in lectures.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

Dude, go to YabaTech and see what OND guys are doing there. I didn't study there but after getting most of my best interviewees from there, I had to go and see for myself. When I was in Africa, my office had a branch in Accra, I'm not disputing the competence of their graduates, but just like here some schools churned out goods grads in certain fields of study while others did better in others. I am in the so-called abroad university now and I'm not comparing foreign institutions with ours, that would be over reaching. But I'm saying people are making it even with our institutions so that guy's sweeping statement about Computer Systems and education as a whole in Nigeria is overly bold, faulty misleading to upcoming lads. There are Android developers, ERP developers, etc. scattered across the nation. They might have been better if they had better education but they aren't here calling education a scam so what excuse does the guy have?

It didn't work for him, it's as simple as that. Some of us did the same courses in the same country and we're doing well even outside the country. You had the chance of going out, he doesn't. Instead of him to make the best use of the little he has, he dicided to discourage others.

If you been abroad and see the educational quality, the library, the Faculty ( lecturers). Then you would understand why Nigerians who travel abroad are doing well, we have the zeal but the input it so slow out there bro, I saw the waste of time and dropped out at final year, to pursue this and if I ever regretted it’s the time I wasted in a Nigerian University, Nigeria educational system is quack that’s why we have people who are not entering class.. I never love school, getting to middlesex I fell in love with going everyday, now I am done, working , and on Msc, it’s just the passion that they aren’t building out there.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by monex(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD

Linear Algebra is as fundamental to computer science as air is to human life
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 2:54pm On Feb 19, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

If you been abroad and see the educational quality, the library, the Faculty ( lecturers). Then you would understand why Nigerians who travel abroad are doing well, we have the zeal but the input it so slow out there bro, I saw the waste of time and dropped out at final year, to pursue this and if I ever regretted it’s the time I wasted in a Nigerian University, Nigeria educational system is quack that’s why we have people who are not entering class.. I never love school, getting to middlesex I fell in love with going everyday, now I am done, working , and on Msc, it’s just the passion that they aren’t building out there.

I'm typing this from Toronto where I live and I'm not comparing our education with the education here. Far from it. I'm saying that people are making it even with that mediocre in Nigeria so I will never stand with someone who comes online to say education is a scam in Nigeria either because he got the chance to study abroad or cause he couldn't make with the little Nigeria has to offer. That statement is becoming popular and it's not good for our upcoming stars.

If you can go abroad, fine. If you can't, make the best use of what you've got. You have nothing to gain from totally giving up and coming here to project blames cause no matter who agrees with you, you'll still be only one living your failure.

1 Like

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

I said I have legacy and active systems there. An active system is a system you're still supporting or improving on up till date. Smh

And u left ur "legacy and active systems" in nigeria and went to North America. Why now?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by nellywise(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
Meanwhile, meet a group of Nigerian students transforming crop waste into clean fuel https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/d8b24d33364acbf1348344499f133d4f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
lexy2014:

And u left ur "legacy and active systems" in nigeria and went to North America. Why now?

Cause I got a job offer undecided
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

Cause I got a job offer undecided

If u got a job offer in Canada, it means u applied for d job despite ur "legacy and active systems" here in Nigeria
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 4:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
lexy2014:

If u got a job offer in Canada, it means u applied for d job despite ur "legacy and active systems" here in Nigeria

First, having active systems has never stopped anyone from seeking more opportunities. And I was never saying Nigeria is better than the western world, so what's your point exactly?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

First, having active systems has never stopped anyone from seeking more opportunities. And I was never saying Nigeria is better than the western world, so what's your point exactly?

When u say "more opportunities", am sure u actually mean "better opportunities". If u seeking for "better opportunities" despite ur "legacy and active systems", what stops others from seeking same? y did u seek for something better away from Nigeria?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

I'm typing this from Toronto where I live and I'm not comparing our education with the education here. Far from it. I'm saying that people are making it even with that mediocre in Nigeria so I will never stand with someone who comes online to say education is a scam in Nigeria either because he got the chance to study abroad or cause he couldn't make with the little Nigeria has to offer. That statement is becoming popular and it's not good for our upcoming stars.

If you can go abroad, fine. If you can't, make the best use of what you've got. You have nothing to gain from totally giving up and coming here to project blames cause no matter who agrees with you, you'll still be only one living your failure.

Nigeria as a while is a scam, every sector, who is making it ,finish school and get a 75k job?? Leave story, Nigeria as a whole na big big scam, if not these hoodlums running the government will not send their kids abroad.. if they can’t make do with what we have as you said, then na scam lol
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by optimus106(m): 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
edoairways:

The Senate will reject the result instantly. They would ask the department to work on it before approval

Working of results in Nigerian schools.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
lexy2014:

When u say "more opportunities", am sure u actually mean "better opportunities". If u seeking for "better opportunities" despite ur "legacy and active systems", what stops others from seeking same? y did u seek for something better away from Nigeria?

Did I say anyone should not seek better opportunities? Read my messages, I never said that. I only called out a guy who called education a scam in Nigeria and rubbished an entire faculty of study. I said some people made in that same country with that same course. So if it didn't work for him, he shouldn't discourage others
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Nigeria as a while is a scam, every sector, who is making it ,finish school and get a 75k job?? Leave story, Nigeria as a whole na big big scam, if not these hoodlums running the government will not send their kids abroad.. if they can’t make do with what we have as you said, then na scam lol

Well, you can either keep lamenting about the scam or, like other successful people here, make something out of the little you have. Whichever, don't discourage others.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by edoairways: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
optimus106:

Working of results in Nigerian schools.
Yes it is very possible depending on your school
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Hallabee1(m): 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
royaldok:
I see you're mentally retarded. We're discussing Algebra in relation to Computer Science and you're here blabbing about being the sales manager at a roadside kiosk. Quit displaying your stupidity here.
It seems you don't have sense abi. I dont really reply but you seems stupid to have said that. Am a computer science graduate and I work as a social media marketer in case ur brain can't reason well, why not go thru my details here before using ur 10mb to type nonsense.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by JTCHI: 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
At last these guys are somewhere in this country enjoying the Fed. Gov. Money. grin cheesy cool
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by royaldok: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hallabee1:

It seems you don't have sense abi. I dont really reply but you seems stupid to have said that. Am a computer science graduate and I work as a social media marketer in case ur brain can't reason well, why not go thru my details here before using ur 10mb to type nonsense.
If as a Computer Science graduate you don't know the importance of Mathematics or Algebra in the narrow sense, to Computer Science , then sorry I can't help you. Mumu
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Abuskid: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 9:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
etrange:

Did I say anyone should not seek better opportunities? Read my messages, I never said that. I only called out a guy who called education a scam in Nigeria and rubbished an entire faculty of study. I said some people made in that same country with that same course. So if it didn't work for him, he shouldn't discourage others

According to d gentleman:

"computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities..."

Is this true or false? In response to what he said, u said d following:

"The person above has failed himself and he's running around looking for whom to blame. Believe me, he wouldn't end up any differently even he was sent to Oxford University. He thought the school would open his head and insert programming. His mates in computing are doing wonders across the nation, he's here projecting his failures. I had friends like him back in school, they hardly attend classes. Lol"

All u said doesn't in anyway negate what he said about d Nigerian school system. Which leads me to d fact that u didn't answer d question I asked. U said u have a "legacy and active system" here in Nigeria, but yet u applied for a job in Canada. Why did u do that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Metronomy(m): 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
ikh777:
very very GOOD RESULT

computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities.... IMAGINE AT 400Level, you are doing ALGEBRA when your mate here in ghana is developing softwares already... and you both wrote the same WAEC o

Nigeria should be ashamed. Las Las school na scam. Any computer science student that has not yet figured it out should go and write jamb again to study ZOOLOGY because we are in a ZOO.

By entering university in Nigeria, a youth is already outdated and has already failed. Books are written by people older than our fathers and the materials are not even practical or current at all.

it is DIGITALLY SAD

So sad... You can't read to understand that MATH102 that is Algebra is 100 level course.... Over Sabi kill you there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Iretii0511(m): 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hallabee1:

Sharap, is it Algebra that am using now as a sales manager

I am sorry for you if as a computer science graduate you don't know the importance of mathematics.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Iretii0511(m): 10:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Neoteny:

"Who" is used as subject. Your statement implied that they're looking for "who" to blame, thus the subject here takes precedence and is appropriately paired with "who".

Whom is used as an object, who is used as a subject.

And your statement was talking about subjects, not objects.

They're are looking for "who" (someone) to blame.

Remove the "who" and substitute it with "someone" and it makes it clear the statement is about the subject, and retains the same context.

I have been following your argument with the other guy. I think I know what your problem is. You are having difficulty differentiating the subject and the object of a sentence. Let me help you a little bit.

When you say:

Ade is looking for ...... to slap, the correct lexicon to fill the gap must be an object. Hence, in that case, you use 'whom'. It is the same exact way with his comment. The students are looking for 'whom' to blame.

Hope you understand better now?
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by etrange: 10:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
lexy2014:

According to d gentleman:

"computer science has NOTHING TO OFFER in most federal universities..."

Is this true or false? In response to what he said, u said d following:

"The person above has failed himself and he's running around looking for whom to blame. Believe me, he wouldn't end up any differently even he was sent to Oxford University. He thought the school would open his head and insert programming. His mates in computing are doing wonders across the nation, he's here projecting his failures. I had friends like him back in school, they hardly attend classes. Lol"

All u said doesn't in anyway negate what he said about d Nigerian school system. Which leads me to d fact that u didn't answer d question I asked. U said u have a "legacy and active system" here in Nigeria, but yet u applied for a job in Canada. Why did u do that?

I studied in a federal institution and I know a lot of who did and they are doing well in different areas of computing. He said education is scam, only failed touts say that.

I left for Canada cause I found better opportunities. That Canadian system is better does not mean there are no persons who make it here with the little our schools has to offer. Those people do not have two heads.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Hallabee1(m): 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Iretii0511:

I am sorry for you if as a computer science graduate you don't know the importance of mathematics.

Don't get me wrong, I never said it not important OK. All am trying to say here is the COBOL, programing language or the statistics we learned to me now na scam.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Hallabee1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Iretii0511:

Don't get me wrong, I never said its not important OK. All am trying to say here is the COBOL, programing language or the statistics we learned to me now na scam.
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Hallabee1(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2020
royaldok:
If as a Computer Science graduate you don't know the importance of Mathematics or Algebra in the narrow sense, to Computer Science , then sorry I can't help you. Mumu

Did I ever mention or said maths or algebra is not important.. My point was, its that what am using now as a social media marketer. Guy stop reasoning with your anus
Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by Jollychuks: 12:04am On Feb 20, 2020
How to make extra cool cash while you browse:

Browsing is fun and educating. How about being paid for having fun and educating yourself? Join the WhatsApp link below. We'll be having series of sessions on this topic.

https:///CcCiWMZscRYJpQpFwNxOjb

You're always welcome.
Invite your friends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science by lexy2014: 8:05am On Feb 20, 2020
etrange:

I studied in a federal institution and I know a lot of who did and they are doing well in different areas of computing. He said education is scam, only failed touts say that.

I left for Canada cause I found better opportunities. That Canadian system is better does not mean there are no persons who make it here with the little our schools has to offer. Those people do not have two heads.

So how many Canadian IT professionals leave Canada and come to Nigeria for "better opportunities"? U have a "legacy and active system" in Nigeria yet u ran away from Nigeria. Y do Chinese and Americans not come to Nigeria for better opportunities in IT?

"They are doing well in different areas of computing". How much practical is this "different areas"? Much of d practical that u no did u learn it in d classroom?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer / Meet Highest JAMB Scorers In The Last 10 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.