Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (44917 Views)

Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? / Man Disfigured A Lady's Car For Rejecting His Advances / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal After Six Years Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by sinceraconcept(m): 8:50am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Well, it depends on how one conducts their relationships. I don't like wasting my time, so it's not often that I'll enter a relationship with no future prospects. I play for keeps grin That's actually is part of my interrogation from the word go. If someone is out playing the field, it won't be MY time they will waste. Wrong number cheesy Anyway, I take relationships very seriously, so I like to know if we want the same things/are on the same page before I invest even a sigh into the relationship. Generating emotions is a task grin That's just me & my upside down view into relationships. Lol @ 32-35 year-olds turning down "good men". Maybe they weren't good fits like I said. Relationships in all its hues are a lot of work & can be very stressful, so if you're going to get into one, it better be with someone that's going to be worth the migraine. Personally, I'd rather be alone than be stressed the fùck out by someone else. If that's blasphemous, oh well. At least I won't be at my wits' end, waiting for death to finally do us part, so I can have my peace of mind back.

I'm doing great. You?
Evening newspaper loading. Even Juliet Ibrahim that's 100 times more beautiful than you is now swallowing her pride and says she can marry a mechanic. Beautiful women are too much these days for you to be acting like some Mona Lisa when some women that are way more beautiful than you and even educated are married to taxi drivers,okada men,etc

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Austineva(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2020
biGDhAp:
... LMAO.. you don't need God to judge anything. I thought wrong that's all .. since you were clamouring to be friends with her like your life depends on it was what I found rather confusing that there has to be a ulterior motive to what you were doing
and u have turn to be d Nairaland monitoring spirit? That's what joblessness can cause. My clamouring is never ur business. Don't u think it will be better and wiser for u to walk up to her and tell her u want her to be ur friend than making mess of urself here. U have totally made urself look like a fool by trying to label someone of what he is not. Its a symbol of joblessness and arrogance. Take note
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by churchee: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:

Being single is not a curse..
Neither is it a blessing.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Well, it depends on how one conducts their relationships. I don't like wasting my time, so it's not often that I'll enter a relationship with no future prospects. I play for keeps grin That's actually is part of my interrogation from the word go. If someone is out playing the field, it won't be MY time they will waste. Wrong number cheesy Anyway, I take relationships very seriously, so I like to know if we want the same things/are on the same page before I invest even a sigh into the relationship. Generating emotions is a task grin That's just me & my upside down view into relationships. Lol @ 32-35 year-olds turning down "good men". Maybe they weren't good fits like I said. Relationships in all its hues are a lot of work & can be very stressful, so if you're going to get into one, it better be with someone that's going to be worth the migraine. Personally, I'd rather be alone than be stressed the fùck out by someone else. If that's blasphemous, oh well. At least I won't be at my wits' end, waiting for death to finally do us part, so I can have my peace of mind back.

I'm doing great. You?

I didn't see this. You're more amiable than you were last year. Keep improving on yourself. The changes are real. You're doing great

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by proclinician: 9:03am On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

Ayam not understanding o. Toasters only want to enter Jerusalem? tongue

Bwahahahaha they wan enter jerusalem through jigawa bye-pass
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by smokeyupu(m): 9:05am On Feb 19, 2020
Lamanii22:
No reason per se... But if I'm not attracted to you, I wouldn't accept you.. Even if you have all the money... I believe in the law of attraction...
MAGNETO!!!
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 19, 2020
Trouble? No way! But they can only finish their datas, not faceless you. So, don't be afraid here, we all are different behind our phone screens.

Oya, go ahead... Na your turn, lol

smiliyB:
You want to put someone's daughter in trouble, nairalanders no dey smile at all embarassed they will finish me with their mouth abeg grin grin
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:22am On Feb 19, 2020
kurupt1:
you go reach 40yrs soon

And what is going to happen? I don't know why you guys think every woman is desperate to be in a relationship. I like relationships like the next person, but I'm not going to rush into a meaningless one because I'm about to reach aunty status grin In fact, the older I get, the more I'm hard to impress & particular about certain things. If no love offers will be coming when I reach that age, I think I'll live. It's hard to explain it to someone who's not wired the same way or to strangers because they think it's a farce. But the people closest to me know that I'm a take 'em or leave 'em person, mainly because my inner peace comes 1st. Now we all know how difficult relationships can get, I keep saying, so it's a no-brainer that sometimes being alone is far better than being in a situation that doesn't meet your expectations. I don't mean romantic relationships alone. People can be hella stressful in general. I'm not a stranger to leaving it all behind to save myself from the chaos of it all. I do it to everyone, I don't discriminate. I have enough things keeping me up late at night that I can't resolve, so I don't need a person fùcking stressing me out even more, when I can easily get rid of them unlike my other problems grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

And what is going to happen? I don't know why you guys think every woman is desperate to be in a relationship. I like relationships like the next person, but I'm not going to rush into a meaningless one because I'm about to reach aunty status grin In fact, the older I get, the more I'm hard to impress & particular about certain things. If no love offers will be coming when I reach that age, I think I'll live. It's hard to explain it to someone who's not wired the same way or to strangers because they think it's a farce. But the people closest to me know that I'm a take 'em or leave 'em person, mainly because my inner peace comes 1st. Now we all know how difficult relationships can get, I keep saying, so it's a no-brainer that sometimes being alone is far better than being in a situation that doesn't meet your expectations. I don't mean romantic relationships alone. People can be hella stressful in general. I'm not a stranger to leaving it all behind to save myself from the chaos of it all. I do it to everyone, I don't discriminate. I have enough things keeping me up late at night that I can't resolve, so I don't need a person fùcking stressing me out even more, when I can easily get rid of them unlike my other problems grin

You love Nigerians. Y don't you come over lemme hook ya up with someone kiss
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Mogajunior(m): 9:27am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Not every man is a right fit. Some of us are very picky. Personally, I take time to warm up to new people or to decide whether I like someone romantically or not, so if someone comes on too strong from the very beginning, that may scare me off. Thus, turning them down. Slow & steady usually wins the race for me because I'm a thinker. I rationalize everything, include my feelings. Usually I have to "think" myself into liking someone, which doesn't happen overnight. In summary, being too much, too early will lead to a rejection.
Hello. Please is there any South African platform like Nairaland? do well to send me a link of any as I will like to be a member.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2020
AfroKnight:

You’re South African. Your reality is quite different. It’s obvious.
cool
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Sedonxavi: 9:36am On Feb 19, 2020
Treasuredvessel:
I keep seeing men saying women can never be happy without marriage, why does it seem you guys want to determine whether a woman is happy or not by forcing your beliefs on her.The same women whom if asked would prefer not to even be married.I'd like to ask since you guys believe women can't be happy without marriage, so men have the ability to be happy without marriage but not women,mtcheww.I'm close to 30 ,see relationships as stress which is why I've only had one in my life.I don't have time for all the pretence I'd like to try marriage but if peradventure I do not end up with the person am dating,getting into another relationship might be out of the way because men,I don't have energy for all the drama.I'm often baffled when I see people get all excited about getting married and relationships because I understand fully its not a walk in the park.I repeat if not for societal pressure many women wouldn't get married.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by oshaosha2014(m): 9:43am On Feb 19, 2020
And feminism don’t equal feminine. You are right on the feminine angle.

Michellekabod2:
you are the one ignorant here.

Feminine ladies are in demand not traditional.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by AfroKnight: 9:45am On Feb 19, 2020

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2020
youwanbanme:

I just met someone like you it been over 4 month now , from my observation ladies that sound like what you posted above are either HSDD or undiscovered lesbian grin
I am a man, even if a woman picks me she is not meant to decide the pace of the r/ship.
xhosa if you're dating a guy ... is it that u don't want him to make any romantic or sexual move until you feel like it or want it, or what ?? just asking maybe you can help me understand someone.

What does HSDD mean? Lol, I'm not a lesbian, I can assure you. I love men too much, but only a few get to see the lover in me because I cannot fall for just about anyone. It's not easy. I'm very protective of myself. A man has to prove himself. I take time to feel at ease with a person, but I'm also quick to put up my walls.

@bolded, yes. You have to bring the person out of their shell by not being too pressing, at least in the beginning. No lewdness from the onset either because it's possible she has not started looking at you that way, that's if she's anything like me lol. Btw, it's not to be mistaken with frigidity because I don't know about her, but I do get a little naughty once I'm comfortable with someone.

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by oshaosha2014(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2020
You are right. Feminine ladies tend toward the traditional style. While feminist are the ones dragging manhood with men in the name of “equal opportunities” in an environment where nothing is stopping them from achieving anything. They are just looking for benefits they did not work for.

AfroKnight:

Feminine women and not feminists.

That translates into traditional.

Joke’s on you.

Look Michelle, I’d rather not have a face off with you. I like your personality, even if I do not agree with most of your ideas.

Chill darling.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Sedonxavi: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
I don't want to enter this thread cause I know some people will cross-check what I'll say here judging by how I respond to similar threads concerning the opposite gender. But sleep never spoil eye. cheesy wink

Rejecting suitors for me isn't much of a luxury. I've only rejected one guy due to lack of attraction. (He had money but he just wasn't my specs. Such is life). Like I said, Rejection isn't common since the suitors are not flowing. I believe this may be my fault for not being a 'social butterfly'

"If you dey house 247, how husband go come see you?". Yeah.

To answer the question, attraction does it for me. If I'm attracted, the man is one step closer. I don't care about your wealth, but I care that you have something tangible doing, something that will hold belly no matter how Nigeria be.

After attraction comes personality: Humour, intellectual, smart dressing, dignity (self worth) and most importantly, dictum and decorum. (I detest pidgin in everyday speaking. Joke with it, yes, but switch back to proper language after. Bonus: native language puts me at ease) If he exhibits discipline especially in the sexual aspect, he's good to go.

Even me know say if I reject this guy, I don cast cheesy grin

Ps: the above information is for future hubby only. You should not apply if you do not meet the requirements.
woooow!!! Your speech mesmerized me. I like the way you talk. Unfortunately, I'm still searching for job I would have tender my proposal
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by smiliyB(f): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Trouble? No way! But they can only finish their datas, not faceless you. So, don't be afraid here, we all are different behind our phone screens.

Oya, go ahead... Na your turn, lol

You're just too interested in this gist, I guess you have to get it directly for yourself.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Immarocks(f): 9:55am On Feb 19, 2020
Its simple,am scared of marrying a man i love and end up having the kind of marriage my parent have,....it has affected and changed my whole orientation of marriage and love....i know one can not be too careful but i will take my time and wait on God ....no rush my happiness is sacred and paramount

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 19, 2020
Hahaha... Indeed! Directly done, press back.

smiliyB:
You're just too interested in this gist, I guess you have to get it directly for yourself.
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by smiliyB(f): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Hahaha... Indeed! Directly done, press back.

grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2020
sinceraconcept:
Evening newspaper loading. Even Juliet Ibrahim that's 100 times more beautiful than you is now swallowing her pride and says she can marry a mechanic. Beautiful women are too much these days for you to be acting like some Mona Lisa when some women that are way more beautiful than you and even educated are married to taxi drivers,okada men,etc

Loooooool. I'm a somewhat attractive girl, but never in my life have I relied on my appearance for anything. I'm not that shallow. I don't know what Juliet is like in person, but does she possess even half of the qualities that I have? grin
Look, I know my worth. People don't usually like me because I'm easy on the eye. I have my flaws, but I'm a good person, so it'll be their loss, really.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 19, 2020
Everyone has a checklist I think. Unlike the time one was a teenager and could accept anything, you get wiser (not everyone tho). A suitor should check a considerable amount of boxes.. Tho some start to lower their standards with age. Checklists are unique to everyone.

Personally, I love attention and wouldn't be with someone too busy to see me cuz I'd definitely find attention elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 19, 2020
AfroKnight:

Well, you are the one splitting them.

I am telling you feminists (who have made themselves the opposite of traditional women) are anything but feminine.
I am not the one splitting them,I am calling them what they are,you are mixing up things and assuming the the terms are mutually exclusive.

A feminine woman,a feminist and a traditional woman are three different people.
The opposite of feminine is non-feminine (and not feminist as you assume).
The opposite of traditional is non traditional (and not feminist as you erroneously assume).

What makes a woman feminine is not being traditional but her vibes,energy and aura.
Are you telling me that a traditional tomboy is feminine for the fact she is traditional?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 10:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Immarocks:
Its simple,am scared of marrying a man i love and end up having the kind of marriage my parent have,....it has affected and changed my whole orientation of marriage and love....i know one can not be too careful but i will take my time and wait on God ....no rush my happiness is sacred and paramount

Awwwwww embarassed tongue Pele. This is the purest, most humble comment on the thread. May yours be a crown of gold and honour
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by yeman1(m): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2020
As life going now based on the population , females are more than males child in multiple fold.

A time will come that u won't see any man ready to marry u simply because they already have one or 2 wives already.

Let them continues to do yanga...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by AfroKnight: 10:09am On Feb 19, 2020
oshaosha2014:
You are right. Feminine ladies tend toward the traditional style. While feminist are the ones dragging manhood with men in the name of “equal opportunities” in an environment where nothing is stopping them from achieving anything. They are just looking for benefits they did not work for.

You dey mind them? They are alarmists. Seeking to fight battles that don’t exist.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

I didn't see this. You're more amiable than you were last year. Keep improving on yourself. The changes are real. You're doing great

Okay, now you're starting with me. I've always been like this. Those that know me since my early days on NL can vouch to it. There was this girl I used to fight with a lot when I 1st landed on NL, but in the end we became good friends. Why? Because I'm a nice girl grin Many people I've had disagreements with in the past actually became friends. I remember this one girl from the politics section, we had a terrible row that went on for days, but after it was all said & done, we were buddies. Who can stay mad at this? tongue I mean no harm. Plus I never get nasty. There're always undertones of playfulness even when I'm irate
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by AfroKnight: 10:16am On Feb 19, 2020
Michellekabod2:
I am not the one splitting them,I am calling them what they are,you are mixing up things and assuming the the terms are mutually exclusive.

A feminine woman,a feminist and a traditional woman are three different people.
The opposite of feminine is non-feminine (and not feminist as you assume).
The opposite of traditional is non traditional (and not feminist as you erroneously assume).

What makes a woman feminine is not being traditional but her vibes,energy and aura.
Are you telling me that a traditional tomboy is feminine for the fact she is traditional?

First of all, a feminist is the opposite of a traditional woman. Why? Because the traditional woman is always attacked and derided by you feminists. The fact that she chooses to recognise her femininity as a unique concept that separates her from the man is something you lot cannot come to terms with.

A feminist cannot claim to be feminine since she hates men and seeks validation from the discomfort or downfall of men. There is nothing feminine about being antagonistic to a person because of his gender. That’s what you guys do. (I expect you feminists would take exception to my use of “guys”.) You are always trying to discredit and blame men.

And so, feminists have no business getting married to men.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by XhosaNostra(f): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2020
healthserve:

You love Nigerians. Y don't you come over lemme hook ya up with someone kiss

No, thanks smiley
Re: Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? by healthserve(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Okay, now you're starting with me. I've always been like this. Those that know me since my early days on NL can vouch to it. There was this girl I used to fight with a lot when I 1st landed on NL, but in the end we became good friends. Why? Because I'm a nice girl grin Many people I've had disagreements with in the past actually became friends. I remember this one girl from the politics section, we had a terrible row that went on for days, but after it was all said & done, we were buddies. Who can stay mad at this? tongue I mean no harm. Plus I never get nasty. There're always undertones of playfulness even when I'm irate

Lmao. I've known you from the moment you signed up on the forum. You were grumpy and all for a very long time last year. Grumpy, intelligent but feisty, very feisty. If you doubt go check up your own timeline to refresh your memory. Your recent comments are now much more balanced, soul and intelligence on gracious mix. You're much more calm,less serious, gracious and playful now. Last year your comments exided that only one with red garment and a pitchfork in the hands would make. No kidding here hun

I suggest you continue to have blood flow through your heart and take it easy with the concrete barricades you've buikt around yourself kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

“if I R@pe You And You Cum, It’s Unfair To Call The Police On Me”- Twitter User / Why Married Men Will Never Stop Chasing Younger Girls- Blessing CEO / Help! I Can't Stop Masturbating To Pictures Of My Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.