Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? (21815 Views)

8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / How Do You Cope With A Stubborn Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by sleekman(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2010
Most of d posts here are hitting d nail on d head. If u can't be submissive then break up and go for a guy that is moreorless aloof. I know most 9ja men want d submissive woman. Alternatively u can learn to be submissive. By fasting & praying u can do just that. Fasting will deal with d flesh to be in tune with d spirit thereby realising ur objective.
Women are meant to be smarter than their men but d interesting thing is d smarter ones don't rub it in their man's face dat they are smarter, Infact they behave 'Mumuishly' because they know in d end 60-100% of their suggestion will be taken. Most times they cunningly bring it up in such a way that makes their man think they suggested or tot about it.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by jesuseun1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2010
amos 3v3 says can two walk together except dey agree.

if u are married,u can divorce him,u just have to stay in the marriage and pray to God to change him.but if u are in a relationship,i will advise u to back out and walk out of the relationship,dont manage a relationship because u wont enjoy ur marriage.

lastly ,think of something why u are still keeping him as ur partner.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Dynamite98: 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2010
sleekman:

Fasting will deal with d flesh to be in tune with d spirit thereby realising your objective.
Women are meant to be smarter than their men but d interesting thing is d smarter ones don't rub it in their man's face dat they are smarter, Infact they behave 'Mumuishly' because they know in d end 60-100% of their suggestion will be taken. Most times they cunningly bring it up in such a way that makes their man think they suggested or tot about it.

GBAM!!! This works perfectly all the time. Allow him make all the mistakes, sorry it's going to hurt sometimes cry cry cry With time, remembering your own wisdom that he failed to accept, he'll start realizing that he doesn't know it all, and that he married a wise woman. Just stay calm, give ur opinion in a very humble way and keep quiet. Few years from now he'll be asking you your opinion in all matters grin
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by nigerbabe: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2010
Na so
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by justdream(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ OP, Go kiss anoda Frog shikena.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Buzu, still I'd give him an ultermatum "compromise or part". If that is not enough for him to make a change, he is not for me and it's over.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by aboyaji(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]try arguing it out with the person.and call him names if he or she insists. Tell him or her that he or she never agrees on anything he doesn't know.call him or her ITK. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Sheeun(m): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2010
Dumb his ass!!! wink
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by san26dy(f): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2010
@ OP, we need to hear his own side of the story.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by misanho: 7:09am On Dec 18, 2010
Wen eva he/she fcukz up just look @ d person smile and act lyk notin happened, trust me it a psychological lesson especially wen U even act nicey dan b4 d incident, Workz magic
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by hakon: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2010
If you Believe that God exists and that he has power over all things, then Pray to God to touch him in a way that will make him realize his foolishness.
on you own side make sure you pray for wisdom and the grace for people to appreciate your wisdom.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by bigtalla(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2010
ok, just move on with your life dear, You may meet someone worse or better, Take the risk
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by lokofash(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2010
, dealing wiv a stubborn partner is a fxtn of who u r not wat u r,
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by fola4asset(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]
Beware in a proper way  by showing level of understand nd maturity in ur relationship fail it shows u re a failure
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by joyceoladz: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2010
jst ignore him /her, nd there's no point wastin ur tyme jst end d relationship. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by dsgirl: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2010
lokofash:

, dealing wiv a stubborn partner is a fxtn of who u r not wat u r,

can you please explain.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by webplay: 2:08am On Dec 19, 2010
;d
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by akwaowoudo(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2010
Let me remind you of a fact _you came to the world alone and the day you quit the world you quit alone. You only shared pies, affection, love, moments, etc. Since it's unbearable, draw the curtain and call it a quit. A word is enough for the wise one.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by nelly4(f): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2010
my partner is just like u have mentioned so all i do is just smile when i hit a brick wall and immediately change the topic, usually not revisiting such again, i can still opt for a breakup but the truth is there is nufing as a perfect relationship, its only about praying for Gods blessings that counts so do just that,,
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by wazobiang: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2010
ditch the azzhole
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by lastpage: 2:02am On Dec 20, 2010
No one is perfect!
No one actually see themselves, except they look in the mirror!!

Finally, "Nothing is more futile than to attempt to change the personality of a grown adult"!

Dont marry for sympathy, you will regret it all your life!
Dont marry for hope, it may never be realized and you'll be miserable to the grave!
Dont marry for money, it comes and goes like the wind!
Dont even marry for love, that flower will wither and even die, just before sundown!
Dont marry for children, there is no guarantee you will have one, or they would last forever or turnout as you desire!
Dont marry for******** l think l have ran out of reasons grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, last one:
Dont even marry at all: Just sign a contract and re-negotiate it mid-term!
Just like the footballers do! angry shocked shocked

Okay, l am silly, l drank a few cups of Capuchinno and thats not cool on the brains at 2am!grin grin l'll come back 2morrow and say something more meaningful grin

At Poster: The way you phrased your statements make me think "Love is completely out of your heart" for this your partner? Need we say more?? Just take a nice walk, while you can (l hate to see the kids get involved in any rofo-rofo fight! angry )
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by NeroPapas(m): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
Act stubborn too, If he complains then tell him you are only re-acting to his action and for him to get the best of you, he should be nice and considerate!!
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by hakon: 10:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
read Ist Peter 3:1-end. there in lies your answer.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by mirababy: 9:07am On Dec 21, 2010
that guy is a complete nuisance, just leave him and let him continue fooling himself, u wanted to date a man 4 sure, not an animal, just shake ur ass off him. angry
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by tundesto(m): 11:07am On Dec 21, 2010
I am experiencing the same thing o but the only difference is that I am the husband.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by shiningzin(m): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
he is stubborn and u are stubborn too.
u fight for 5 days and are at peace for 2 days?maybe,he is the type that likes making up after arguements,he loves u more wen u fight and make up.*am i making any sense at all?wot am i writting?*
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by hakon: 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2010
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands,Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by lastpage: 12:31am On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^^
I salute your words, "Brother" hakon.
PLEASE, preach it AGAIN!
Make them hear-am

If we can all keep those words, divorce lawyers would be out of job like last year wink
Harmony would rule in our family lives too.
But l guess its all about "wooh-uman Right" and Confrontation masquerading as Equality!
God help us!!! sad sad
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by enomakos(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2010
dsgirl:

i know i am stubborn, but not "unreasonably stubborn". I understand the fact that everybody has a right to his own thoughts and how he does his things, but in this case, he does not listen when you correct him. He believe that has a man, he should be the one in charge and the one giving all the directions and he should not be questioned. what do you say to that?

dsgirl is he ur son?you are the problem
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by dsgirl: 8:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
enomakos:

dsgirl is he your son?you are the problem

no he is not. but what i meant was that he doesn't listen to my own view. he wants me to listen to and do what ever he says all the time as if i don't have a mind of my own. if i say No when he is saying Yes, he sees me as irresponsible. he doesn't want me to have any contrary opinion at any point in time, he always wants us to agree on all issue, but i have to be the one to compromise my opinion. I think that is not fair enough.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by zealot4me(f): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
D-sense:

OP.
Poison him and throw him inside ''River Nile''. undecided

GBAM!!! U HARSH OOOO!!
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by omojeje2(f): 7:03am On Dec 27, 2010
I just read this today and actually registered to be a user just so i could reply.

My sister, I suggest you google "emotional abuse" and read all about it. This is what is going on in your relationship and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to change people like this. You just described the "emotional abuse cycle" (things are good for a while, then tension starts building, then it boils over and explodes, then come the profuse apologies, things are better for a while then the whole cycle starts over and over again). I should know cos i am in the process of ending a 10yr marriage (that unfortunately involves children) to someone like your partner. If you find yourself walking on egg shells around him, watching everything you say or do so as not to upset him, bending over backwards and changing fundamental things about yourself to fit in with his unreasonable ideals, then my advice to you is to run, run far, far away and don't look back. You do not need to go through life with someone who doesn't value ANY opinion you have.

If you are anything like me or the countless other people who have had the misfortune of entangling themselves with abusers, you are probably right that you are not an unusually stubborn person. You see, as much as he has tried to convince you otherwise, the problem lies with HIM not with you. And all these people giving you useless advice therefore don't know what they are talking about. As you probably have already found out, whether you are more submissive or return fire for fire, the problem only seems to get worse. People like your partner can be downright vicious when they are arguing, they have to win at all costs and they have to always be right no matter whose ox is gored.

So to your question, there is nothing you can do to make the situation better or to get him to understand your point of view. So just run as i said.; break off the relationship before it's too late. Don't complicate your life with this loser. You can do better.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do We Like Slim Girls But Get More Attracted To Bbw? / Why Rush Into Marriage? / My Man Has Pictures Of His Baby Mama In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.