Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja (42164 Views)

Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by 9jaRealist: 4:30am On Feb 23, 2020
GOOD DEVELOPMENT!
Shows that Nigerian women are learning not to stay as slaves in loveless abusive marriages.

>
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by James289(f): 4:57am On Feb 23, 2020
That is because many of them plan just the celebration and forget the real deal.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by dingbang(m): 5:17am On Feb 23, 2020
Ghostmode2two:
E don red for ABJ marriages but wait oo. How did the lawyer came about his stats?
maybe she handles divorce cases...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 23, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
When my sis travelled to Abuja, she had married men trying to date her and being a no-nonsense type she was highly irritated.
Oceanofjoy.....I am deeply in love with your moniker...long ago having thought about stuffs I have left myself resolving for a strong hearted fellow in woman as a life partner asides that I doubt marriage to work for me.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by lexy2014: 6:07am On Feb 23, 2020
AfrokanGod:

The institution of marriage as outlived its purpose...

Sorry. It hasn't. Many get into it without preparing and get into it for d wrong reasons, hence this high rate of failure
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 23, 2020
Davash222:
One of the reasons I want to become a Monk.

Women use this marriage of a thing to trap men down. Thank God Men are getting wiser now.

I see you and I recognized you
Come! How many times will you say you wish to be a monk?
What are your efforts, I can help if you are serious.

Fransican monk or Dominican monk?

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by jclassiq(m): 7:00am On Feb 23, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
Coming from a male disguised as a female, you should know all about that. grin

grin This is my sister I'm talking about, if i can't speak for her, you can? cheesy. She went to Abuja for work for some months, didn't grow up in Naija and not your typical Naija woman chasing married men. One was honest enough to tell her his wife and kids live in the U.S and wanted to date her but she still said hell nah grin. She's married to a great guy now but the stories I heard about the manhos in Abuja, smh.

Married to a great guy indeed.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by yeyeosoronga: 7:06am On Feb 23, 2020
Blyzz:
and because women nowadays are too educated, making them know too much

Getting knowledge is a good thing for everyone. While some people believe ignorance is bliss, others believe knowledge is power.
It's 2020, ignorance won't cut it anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by yeyeosoronga: 7:11am On Feb 23, 2020
Whizbuzz:
Be a good wife to your husband If you don't want your's to be filed there also....that's my take madam...

Women are the ones filing more for the divorce these days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by deebrain(m): 7:15am On Feb 23, 2020
More money for the lawyers.

In Ikoyi registry, divorce cases are roughly 350k-500k. Marriage was founded by a supposed Spirit- God.

I wonder why humans think they can do it properly without having to resort to obedience to spiritual principles.

Sense everywhere.

Make una continue.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 7:15am On Feb 23, 2020
Idoko619:

Greetings from FO1.
You see that sokale garden and all these other spots springing up ehn, like that white House.
Each night I go there I return home baffled.
cheesy white house is another spot around that axis too..I needed to eat one of the night after the whole day stress and works, so I decided to get something to hold stomach, but I realize I miss road o..their club house upstairs even uniform men dey roll things for there but I no blame dem, dey need to relax once in a while..too much of fun spots for those axis..and on the weekend ( Sunday) I just go with my boiz to the field around makarantha police sign board to joggle some ball..if works carry me go Abuja again I go like see my people again..it's fun in Abuja but u must get ur money for hand even to Barb hair sef but if u dey visit saloon in that area, make sure u have ur clipper to avoid story that touch
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 7:19am On Feb 23, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Class Rep, Team Sokale Garden grin
see them cheesy I greet una, una be strong men for Abuja o..na una get Abuja life, hopefully on my next visit...I will like to meet some other Nairalanders like me I greet o

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Ayt27(m): 7:36am On Feb 23, 2020
MrColdsweat:
Yup. What do you expect when there is no spirituality in Nigeria?

The virtues crucial for marriage which are self-control, commitment, discipline, tolerance, selflessness, honesty, fidelity etc are no more....

Nigerians are now morally decayed. So will our political, social, religious institutions.

Very apt and on point

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Davash222(m): 7:41am On Feb 23, 2020
stevmatt15:

I see you and I recognized you
Come! How many times will you say you wish to be a monk?
What are your efforts, I can help if you are serious.

Fransican monk or Dominican monk?
Thanks a lot.
What’s the difference between the two?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by plankyjacky(m): 7:42am On Feb 23, 2020
The rule is simple. Husband love your wife, wife submit to your husband.When you decides to play a game , The maker of the game decide the rule and when you play by the rule ,you can't be disqualified.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Rossinnki: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2020
AfrokanGod:

The institution of marriage as outlived its purpose...

The trouble with that idea is that it deprives one of the parents of custody of the kids, unless of course they are cohabiting indefinitely.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:07am On Feb 23, 2020
Bola146:
embarassed embarassed Marriage It takes the grace of God to have a happy home, nobody wants to be divorced
what are u really trying to say.
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by TheRedpillguy: 8:11am On Feb 23, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Nawa o

When we say marriage is not a thing to rush into you guys keep threatening girls of their biological clock and how they age like milk encouraging them to marry who is available and not who they are compatible with.

A dude and his lady are in love,for some reasons marriage isn't on their agenda yet and they are enjoying true love. A suitor pops up and proposes marriage and in excitement she leaves her guy to marry him so she isn't called evening newspaper. Why would such a marriage last?
Allow couples to marry at their own pace. If you opt for being partners,and living with each other for years till you marry they will say you are enjoying husband/wife privileges .

And then we have people online poisoning the mind of husbands and wives. A married man reading about some red pill messages calling ladies manipulative,h0es etc will start viewing his wife in such a manner. A married woman reading posts by some radical feminists calling men scum will start viewing her man in such a manner.
Everyone's eyes is opening,everyone is crying victim over the opposite gender.

I am sure part of the 4000 divorce applicants got the push to file for divorce by reading posts from this forum.

Marriage is really not for today. It was for our fathers/mothers. We are gradually evolving past marriage.

I appreciate your honest opinion. This came from some whare deep filled with true concern. If humans are evolving pass marriage then it will hurt women more. No institution to bring up children in and the people in the future will be mindless drones controlled by the government. Life is complicated, especially in a city. sure women manipulate men. The thing is. Men are growing wiser now seeing women for what they are.

3 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by jaxxy(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2020
80% of people are marrying total strangers or partial strangers, 70% to 50% are not mentally or morally ready for marriage, 60% have the wrong ideology of marriage, 30% hv the wrong family background influences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 8:45am On Feb 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

The rate of shamelesness in that city will irritate any rational human being.

i lived there for several years and i didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 8:50am On Feb 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Abuja is pretty stressful and to have another human breathing down your neck making your life miserable will simply have you drop dead before your time hence the high rate of Divorce cases.

Plus infidelity is even high here, people simply lack contentment here. Too bad though

i lived there several years but didn't see that

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 8:53am On Feb 23, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Abuja marriages no fit last , too many fun spots and many cheating fellows...go to Abuja then u will see free and cheap sex almost every corner..sokaale fellows I greet una, that spots been destroying marriages since 1800. It takes grace to hold a marriage now, tolerance in every areas is what most marriage lacks, communication and understanding is another thing..everybody just want to break up at any little argument,.we make quality aluminium windows,doors etc with works in places like Ajah, Abuja,mowe,ibadan etc.u too can get our services o&1five3six,six5659.There are some places I can't raise my children in Abuja

are there no fun places in other places too?

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 9:01am On Feb 23, 2020
oglalasioux:

Very wrong information @ the bolded. Abuja is one place you can't be a fake for too long. That's the reason for the divorces.

where can one live a fake life for long?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by oglalasioux(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2020
MiddleDimension:

where can one live a fake life for long?

Lagos
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 9:12am On Feb 23, 2020
oglalasioux:

Lagos
why?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Jaqenhghar: 9:16am On Feb 23, 2020
MiddleDimension:

i lived there for several years and i didn't see it.
Maybe you weren't looking. Or you dont see anything wrong in what is going on.

2 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 9:25am On Feb 23, 2020
sassysure:

grin

But it's true anyway.
Married men in Abuja know when there is new chick in town. They have the money and connection.

U have to become strong born again by force else u are in hot soup especially if u are searching for jobs and u may be frustrated to say yes to them.
how much money do they have? the richest men in Nigeria don't live in Abuja

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 23, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Getting knowledge is a good thing for everyone. While some people believe ignorance is bliss, others believe knowledge is power.
It's 2020, ignorance won't cut it anywhere.
Yeah, no qualms. Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2020
Factors responsible:

1) The Economy: Standard of living is too high presently.

2) Buhari's Govt of no more embezzlement. The men can no longer satisfy their wives financially. They spoilt them in the first place.

3) Civilisation: Zero tolerance for nonsense. Once your spouse is serially abusive, it's better to leave than die in the marriage.

4) Social Media: When a spouse discovers her partner has numerous lovers,she calls it quits in order not to get infected by him.

5) Scam: Some of the marriages contracted are fake. They are done to get visa, citizenship. Once it's done,divorce is needed for the partner o move on.

1 Like

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 9:40am On Feb 23, 2020
sassysure:

Abj na correct place.
The only place I can stay in Nigeria or my town.
If u know your onions well, u will get work without anybody seeing your lap through those married men
The thing is that our girls don't know that Abuja men need different approach. They don't behave like Lagos men at all.
ans how do Lagos men behave? how do Abuja men behave?
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MiddleDimension: 9:58am On Feb 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Maybe you weren't looking. Or you dont see anything wrong in what is going on.
maybe i wasn't looking. but do you think it is a good thing not to look and mind one's own business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Girl Who Survived Fire Incident That Killed 7 Family Members In Lagos Dies / Lagos Government Sacks Judge Who Dissolved Marriage, Snatched Complainant’s Wife / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.