Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja (42075 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Haymaykar(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2020
As shared by Sandra Orokodo, an Abuja-based lawyer.

There are about 4000 divorce application in Abuja and some of the marriages are not even up to one year"

What are your review about these?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sandraorokodo/status/1230838933375848454

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Perfecttouchade: 10:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Abuja marriages no fit last , too many fun spots and many cheating fellows...go to Abuja then u will see free and cheap sex almost every corner..sokaale fellows I greet una, that spots been destroying marriages since 1800. It takes grace to hold a marriage now, tolerance in every areas is what most marriage lacks, communication and understanding is another thing..everybody just want to break up at any little argument,.we make quality aluminium windows,doors etc with works in places like Ajah, Abuja,mowe,ibadan etc.u too can get our services o81.536.,6.5659.There are some places I can't raise my children in Abuja

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Bola146(f): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2020
embarassed embarassed Marriage It takes the grace of God to have a happy home, nobody wants to be divorced

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AfrokanGod: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2020
Haymaykar:
These was shared by a Twitter user saying "There are about 4000 divorce application in Abuja and some of the marriages are not even up to one year"

What are your review about these? kiss
The institution of marriage as outlived its purpose...

100 Likes 12 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2020
With all these nairaland feminist running around, why won't there be a high divorce rate.

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Davash222(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2020
One of the reasons I want to become a Monk.

Women use this marriage of a thing to trap men down. Thank God Men are getting wiser now.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Xisnin(m): 11:20am On Feb 22, 2020
A nameless Twitter user who likely uses a fake picture profile made a wild claim.
Yet, dumb bloggers think it is worth quoting such a troll without asking for evidence.
SMH

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 22, 2020
A lot more married women are better exposed to toasters on the internet and work places, with a larger number of them falling prey daily.

A lot more couples live in different cities Abuja/Lagos especially (availability of job)and the Abuja spouses have more time to play around

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Oluneutral: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2020
Marrying for the wrong reasons, unrealistic expectations, and influence of social media are part of the major causes of high divorce rate being witnessed in this present age.

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2020
Faulty foundations

Majority of the marriages we have started with faulty foundation so not surprised they didn't survive.

17 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by DEBUCHMANNY: 11:43am On Feb 22, 2020
It's the generation that we found ourselves. Go to marriage tribunals in our churches and you won't find any conflicting statistics. May God help us.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Kingsteve(m): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2020
If true, then majority of those divorce applications are from the Hausas.
The divorce rate in the North is pretty high.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
When my sis travelled to Abuja, she had married men trying to date her and being a no-nonsense type she was highly irritated.

18 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by ubunja(m): 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
When my sis travelled to Abuja, she had married men trying to date her and being a no-nonsense type she was highly irritated.
lol only on Judgement Day will we know for real who was a no-nonsense and who was a pretender. Never speak for anyone. People have secret lives.

275 Likes 19 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
ubunja:
lol only on Judgement Day will we know for real who was a no-nonsense and who was a pretender. Never speak for anyone. People have secret lives.
Coming from a male disguised as a female, you should know all about that. grin

grin This is my sister I'm talking about, if i can't speak for her, you can? cheesy. She went to Abuja for work for some months, didn't grow up in Naija and not your typical Naija woman chasing married men. One was honest enough to tell her his wife and kids live in the U.S and wanted to date her but she still said hell nah grin. She's married to a great guy now but the stories I heard about the manhos in Abuja, smh.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Oluneutral:
Marrying for the wrong reasons, unrealistic expectations, and influence of social media are part of the major causes of high divorce rate being witnessed in this present age.
Yup. Nigerians in Nigeria today marry for the wrong reasons

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Dande55: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Women no longer tolerate nonsense unlike before. This is why some of these mòrons will always come here to dish out there usual statement of "you women don't want to be like your mothers " grin

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
98% marriages built on falsehood.

Ladies marrying guys not because they loved them but they're available for marriage.

Men marrying without desire to let go of bachelorhood

Couples marrying with the mindset of not being faithful

Couples marrying with readiness to leave at the slightest disagreement.

People getting into marriage with a truckload of lies and deceit.

Why won't there be mega divorce?

159 Likes 17 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
Coming from a male disguised as a female, you should know all about that. grin

grin This is my sister I'm talking about, if i can't speak for her, you can? cheesy. She went to Abuja for work for some months, didn't grow up in Naija and not your typical Naija woman chasing married men. One was honest enough to tell her his wife and kids live in the U.S and wanted to date her but she still said hell nah grin. She's married to a great guy now but the stories I heard about the manhos in Abuja, smh.
Good for your sister. It pays to have morals. Another Nigerian chick go date a married man without hesitation so long as he has money.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Mayhem999: 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2020
It is 4001 as we speak..
My neighbor filed his own application yesterday.
That his wife is too beautiful and won't stop attracting men like flies.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Nawa o

When we say marriage is not a thing to rush into you guys keep threatening girls of their biological clock and how they age like milk encouraging them to marry who is available and not who they are compatible with.

A dude and his lady are in love,for some reasons marriage isn't on their agenda yet and they are enjoying true love. A suitor pops up and proposes marriage and in excitement she leaves her guy to marry him so she isn't called evening newspaper. Why would such a marriage last?
Allow couples to marry at their own pace. If you opt for being partners,and living with each other for years till you marry they will say you are enjoying husband/wife privileges .

And then we have people online poisoning the mind of husbands and wives. A married man reading about some red pill messages calling ladies manipulative,h0es etc will start viewing his wife in such a manner. A married woman reading posts by some radical feminists calling men scum will start viewing her man in such a manner.
Everyone's eyes is opening,everyone is crying victim over the opposite gender.

I am sure part of the 4000 divorce applicants got the push to file for divorce by reading posts from this forum.

Marriage is really not for today. It was for our fathers/mothers. We are gradually evolving past marriage.

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Dollarheist: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Nawa o

When we say marriage is not a thing to rush into you guys keep threatening girls of their biological clock and how they age like milk encouraging them to marry who is available and not who they are compatible with.

A dude and his lady are in love,for some reasons marriage isn't on their agenda yet and they are enjoying true love. A suitor pops up and proposes marriage and in excitement she leaves her guy to marry him so she isn't called evening newspaper. Why would such a marriage last?
Allow couples to marry at their own pace. If you opt for being partners,and living with each other for years till you marry they will say you are enjoying husband/wife privileges .

And then we have people online poisoning the mind of husbands and wives. A married man reading about some red pill messages calling ladies manipulative,h0es etc will start viewing his wife in such a manner. A married woman reading posts by some radical feminists calling men scum will start viewing her man in such a manner.

I am sure part of the 4000 divorce applicants got the push to file for divorce by reading posts from this forum.

Marriage is really not for today. It was for our fathers/mothers. We are gradually evolving past marriage.

How many people dey abuja wey 4000 people wan divorce
And u believe that trash?

21 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by CAPSLOCKED: 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
Michellekabod2:
Nawa o

THE INSTITUTION HAS COME TO STAY FOR... MANY AGES TO COME.

EVERYTHING IS UNDER THE CONCEPT OF "OSONDI, OWENDI". ONE MAN'S GOOD THING IS ANOTHER MAN'S TRASH.

6 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by crackhouse(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
I am sure more than half of them were caused by infidelity.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Taywon: 4:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dollarheist:

How many people dey abuja wey 4000 people wan divorce
And u believe that trash?

Bro, things are falling apart..... Only at my work place i personally know two who are officially divorced. marraige wey neva reach 4years

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Belafonte(m): 4:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
This is exactly what my mind thinks of when I hear people saying people are getting married every Saturday. By Monday many of their eyes become open and they’re filling out divorce documents

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Westernlove: 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
AfrokanGod:

The institution of marriage as outlived its purpose...

And the purpose has been defeated lol...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Westernlove: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mayhem999:
It is 4001 as we speak..
My neighbor filed his own application yesterday.
That his wife is too beautiful and won't stop attracting men like flies.

Sarcasm lol
Was he blind when he was getting married to her, He might as well put a Veil on her face. Nonsense & Ingredient.

4 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by AfrokanGod: 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
Westernlove:

And the purpose has been defeated lol...
Lol, yes oooo
Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2020
OceanOfJoy:
This is just your sister's version of the story. grin

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by GeneralPula: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
If truly nothing last forever, then I believe marriage is getting extinct..

Things changes and that’s just the way it is-2pac..

10 Likes

Re: There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja by MrColdsweat: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Yup. What do you expect when there is no spirituality in Nigeria?

The virtues crucial for marriage which are self-control, commitment, discipline, tolerance, selflessness, honesty, fidelity etc are no more....

Nigerians are now morally decayed. So will our political, social, religious institutions.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Prepares To Marry Triplets (Video, Photos) / Meat Seller’s Wife Surprises Him On Birthday (Photos, Video) / Lady Vows Not To Put A Call On Silent As She Lost Her Sister (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.