Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? (42939 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Should I Share A Room With My Wife Or Live In Separate Rooms In The House? / Lady Reveals Why She And Her Husband Live In Separate Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Honnyg(f): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2020
cool
YourCoffin:
With the recent news on wives stabbing their husbands in their sleep, it is advisable couples stay in different rooms, if possible different buildings
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by whitebeard(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

My wife stays in her own room. My son sleeps with me in my room.
Doesn’t affect the love I have for my wife.
that's now...what about the long term effect .?!

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by DexterousOne(m): 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

It is nothing.

When u get to a stage in life some things mean nothing.

Plus some wives are dirty.

Some husbands are fetish.

Almost every rich man is fetish.

Most every wives are dirty to the taste of some men.

Doesn't stop love.

That's interesting
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
I will agree to a study area but separate room with a bed is a no for me I look forward to those moments lying next to you no phones I can understand as a walk in closet but no bed ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by DexterousOne(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2020
bukatyne:
For me, Capital No.

When we are building our house by God's grace, our room would be massive.

Some couples share a room and have another room where the wives put their stuff.

This can work.

Women and load undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ishilove: 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
J111333:
It depends on the wife.
With wives like Ishilove and Pocochantas, I won't even live in the same village with them.

They like money too much and I keep all my money in a nylon bag tied to my waist, don't wanna die in my sleep biko. grin
How much you get sef? You wey even bicycle tire you no get, which is why all ya life savings fit enter one small nylon bag. cheesy With a husband like you, side nigga dey sure make hunger no kee me for ya house

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Reference(m): 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
attacker321:
Is it okay for a husband and wife to stay in separate rooms in the same house?

Some married couples operate like this and I am wondering why.

Let's discuss.

Yes.
There can be many reasons for this such as child care, illness, work life and several other reasons.
The key here is the purpose/reason and prior discussion and agreement.
Naturally the purpose should dictate the length of time this should occur but I cannot fathom that it would be open ended then temptations will arise.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by nextstep(m): 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Our wise ancestors believe that there must be space in your togetherness.

Man and wife are individuals, in addition to being a couple.

Oyinbo that pioneered husband and wife sleeping in the same room, they are the pioneers of divorce (50% rate or so abi). Instead of allowing each partner room to breath in the times of tension, they force the situation until it results in "irreconcilable differences".

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Skybeach1: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
This new yam generation sef. Stay in separate rooms , so that we have our privacy. Chat with our side chicks and enjoy social media groove. While our spouse is in the same building with us. We have bastardized the institution of marriage so much because of our selfish interest. Separate room is same as bachelorhood. One of the reasons for the 4000 divorce application in Abuja

14 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ishilove: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:

My wife stays in her own room. My son sleeps with me in my room.
Doesn’t affect the love I have for my wife.
Man wey sabi
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by olaolulazio(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
James289:
It is good and at the same time it is not good, it depends on the relationship.
Nagging wife... Yes
Drunker husband..Yes
Bed wetting wife..Yes
Smoker husband..Yes
Cheating couple..Yes
They're just living together for the sake of their children not for love
But in relationship where there are love, respect, caring, cleanness, ...No.
I ran for u ooo
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by SoulB6: 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Separate rooms for me when I get married,
Reason.
1). I am a researcher, I can wake up at anytime In the night to work and don't want any distraction.

2.) I am a prayer warrior, so I don't want to disturb anybody sleep.

3). I hate to see women things hang around me.

4) I can have a male close relative visitor, that I will like to sleep in the same room with and gist, you know men talks na

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by ziondaughter247: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Kylekent59:
After he paid huge for traditional marriage, paid bride price, still did white wedding.

He even pays for his wife bills, he also sends money to the wife's father and mother. He also pays for his wife's brother school fees and his wife's sister is currently in his house living with them.

His wife's sister is currently in year two and she comes stay with them every vacation. He even pays for her school fees, house rent and still gives her some cash in case of miscellaneous expenses.

He even opened a supermarket for the wife and still gives her #50k everyweek.

And someone comes here to ask if they should or shouldn't

You must not comment. You sound like an illiterate.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by AfroKnight: 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
cheesy
Interesting thread.

Intelligent wives would be taking notes and making adjustments instead of coming here to form feminists while frustrating their husbands at home.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by SmartMugu: 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2020
Sometimes it's ok. You know how ladies tend to have too many clothes and that can easily fill up the closet. Some men only have a handful of clothes and having to dig through women clothes to find yours could make it necessary to have one person put all her belongings in another room hence making them have two separate rooms, but that should really not disturb their private time together.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by eleojo23: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
We can sleep in the same room but one thing is certain: I must have a private room which will be my study/studio/library. That is not negotiable.

I like studying and I can't read with even the slightest distraction.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by wunmi590(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
kiss

To some people having separate rooms is good for them, and to some family it is not good, it depends on their thinking.

Me would be getting married soon, and I just got a 3 bedroom flat, one room is my game and ball house, that's where I would be watching my ball and play my games.

While we both have a room we would both be sleeping together, no separation biko, bae like sleeping beside me, she likes seeing me beside her every blessed time and i love it too.

So no matter how many hours i used in my games and football room, once is time to sleep, I waka jeje to our joint room kiss grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Igetmyown247: 5:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
Whatever works. At the end of the day your happiness comes first.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Reference(m): 5:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
solasoulmusic:
I will agree to a study area but separate room with a bed is a no for me I look forward to those moments lying next to you no phones I can understand as a walk in closet but no bed ...

What if gou are married to an emergency room physician who can receive calls at any time. Within a week you will be pleading for your own room. In marraige it is best to approach issues of your partner with as much slack as possible, offering as much liberty as you can within the bounds of discipline and fidelity. Understanding is the key. Laws are usually precusors to problems when they are unreasonable, made without foresight and not settled in courtship.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Jman06(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
No...I don't fancy such arrangement

My lady will stay with me at all time, that's why we're a couple.

If I need to be alone maybe for studies and brainstorming, I'll simply go to my library.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by We4all: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
McMayor:
We have been married for 9 years Plus.
We own a 3bed room.
We have 6years + daughter.
We have 2years + son.
Me i dont like children dramas(crying)
Me & her we had agreement our children would be grown to takecare of themselves(at least to put themselves to bed and wake up to use the rest room) before she can move back to my room.

I would like to know the wrongs in this

You sound like the typical 'Nigerian man' who believes that raising children is the sole responsibility of a woman. If you don't like kids crying, then why did you give birth?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ishilove:

How much you get sef? You wey even bicycle tire you no get, which is why all ya life savings fit enter one small nylon bag. cheesy With a husband like you, side nigga dey sure make hunger no kee me for ya house
You don forget say dem don ban keke for Lagos and that I have modified my keke to mini car.
You go trek tire and na special tonda go faya you tomorrow if you ask me for a lift. Dey run your mouth you hear. grin

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
attacker321:
Is it okay for a husband and wife to stay in separate rooms in the same house?

Some married couples operate like this and I am wondering why.

Let's discuss.

Different strokes for different folks ; I so much wish to stay in a different room from my wife but same house. I am not married, but my future wife may not like that . I have read severally how ladies kick against it. Despite that i so much desire it, I will wait for that future wife to decide. I think this should be her decision and I will stand by whatever she says. Like I said, different strokes for different folks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Reference(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Skybeach1:
This new yam generation sef. Stay in separate rooms , so that we have our privacy. Chat with our side chicks and enjoy social media groove. While our spouse is in the same building with us. We have bastardized the institution of marriage so much because of our selfish interest. Separate room is same as bachelorhood. One of the reasons for the 4000 divorce application in Abuja

If you are a regular 9 to 5 couple without much going around your life then there is no reason to be apart at bedtime but like I said not every couple is like that and not every marraige is built like that. The key is understanding and prior agreement. Say it and settle it before doing it. And don't make it a habit.
Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Ishilove: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
J111333:
You don forget say dem don ban keke for Lagos and that I have modified my keke to mini car.
You go trek tire and na special tonda go faya you tomorrow if you ask me for a lift. Dey run your mouth you hear. grin
You don craze finish o cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by McMayor(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yes I might not like them crying... but I love taking care of them and watching them grow and supporting them to become whatever they want to become.

Next please.

We4all:

You sound like the typical 'Nigerian man' who believes that raising children is the sole responsibility of a woman. If you don't like kids crying, then why did you give birth?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by banhammy: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
NO. Husband and wife should stay and sleep in the same room.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband And Wife Stay In Separate Rooms? by Legendguru: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2020
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.