Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,036 members, 7,852,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland (5030 Views)

Dear Fellow Nigerians, Let’s Discuss Fuel Subsidy / Dear Fellow Nigerians,vote Who Fits The Nigeria Of Your Dreams. / My Dear President, Let Your People Go By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Basic123: 1:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
selemempe:
most igbos don't hate Hausa...it is the Afonjas who create multiple Monikers to paint a false picture of Igbos hating Hausa

Have you ever heard of a fight between Igbos and hausas in the east before? But every day we hear of yorubas and hausas fighting in Lagos
Na afonja create multiple facebook accounts and lives inside nnamdi kanu brain too.

By the way,how many hausas are in the east?

so,Lagos is Yoruba land now right?

The issue with Igbo is that they think hausa Fulani are daft

2 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Basic123: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2020
adamx23:

I keep reading the north is poor this and that.. Na wa oo..
The truth is that I was born and raised in Lagos.. And in the whole south west, Lagos is the only place that is okay, the other states are filthy and way poorer than most northern states..
Most northerners we call poor are wealthier than most poor people in the south.. At least by net worth, they own massive farmlands and cattles..Have you been to the rural parts of the south west? Even their cities like ado ekiti are nothing to wrote home about..
If you want to lick ass,lick it without dragging Yorubas into it.Hausa Fulani Muslims know the tribe that insult them on radio Biafra, Facebooks and nairaland they are not daft like you.

As for your poverty index,check below

2 Likes

Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Sanusi is a hypocrite
He married a teenager a few years ago. When challenged he came out to claim he is practising his religion.
This is exactly what the Legislator with 20 children said.

So should people not practise their religion because they are poor?
Muslims believe that everything Muhammad did was PERFECT and to be copied

Short trousers
Goatee beard
Marrying 4 wives and having plenty children
Adoption of children is unislamic

These are things good Muslims do.

I doubt Sanusi can be called a hypocrite because his specific issue is religious and cultural practices some follow blindly when doing so is undoubtedly inimical to the economic growth and future of the North and Nigeria. Non of Sanusi's children are malnourished, begging on the street or illiterate.

Bottom line is that Sanusi can indulge in what Islam permits, i.e marrying several wives and having many children, without such meaning his household become a menace to society. The issue remains about following religion dogmatically and without self-preserving pragmatism and common sense. I can only fault Sanusi for not leading by example to deliver a way of life others can emulate.

In the end, It is madness for an unemployed man to marry 6 wives and then irresponsibly produce 25 kids he will send out to beg. Those kids are automatically condemned to a life of deprivation and illiteracy that will see them becoming unproductive or even dangerous adults.

Being a good Moslem does not mean you do what is harmful to society and even your own innocent children. What part of being a good Moslem leads a man to bring children into the world he knows will surely suffer due to his inability to provide for them? Why not simply be a "good Moslem" when you have the means to be one?
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by 0m0nnakoda: 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oshigun:

I doubt Sanusi can be called a hypocrite because his specific issue is religious and cultural practices some follow blindly when doing so is undoubtedly inimical to the economic growth and future of the North and Nigeria. Non of Sanusi's children are malnourished, begging on the street or illiterate.

Bottom line is that Sanusi can indulge in what Islam permits, i.e marrying several wives and having many children, without such meaning his household become a menace to society. The issue remains about following religion dogmatically and without self-preserving pragmatism and common sense. I can only fault Sanusi for not leading by example to deliver a way of life others can emulate.

In the end, It is madness for an unemployed man to marry 6 wives and then irresponsibly produce 25 kids he will send out to beg. Those kids are automatically condemned to a life of deprivation and illiteracy that will see them becoming unproductive or even dangerous adults.

Being a good Moslem does not mean you do what is harmful to society and even your own innocent children. What part of being a good Moslem leads a man to bring children into the world he knows will surely suffer due to his inability to provide for them? Why not simply be a "good Moslem" when you have the means to be one?
This is where you miss the point completely.

Sanusi is a spiritual leader. An hereditary one at that.
Sanusi was castigated in the press for marrying a teenager.
He provided a written defence in the media even though he was not obliged to. His singular defence was
It is my religion. Nothing else was offered
The Muslims believe irrevocably in Sunnah and the idea that prophet Muhammad was a Perfect man and exemplar for Muslim conduct in EVERYTHING.
From using blue kettle to how to eat ,toilet,sleep Marry etc, Everything.

Many in the North interpret and historically believed that includes marrying 4 wives and having plenty children.
In the name of Islam. It is the belief tha this is Sunnah. Trying to discard them will precipitate charges of apostasy and violent revolt
Did you not hear about the House of Representatives guy with 20 kids?

That was an educated Northern Muslim so you can imagine what illiterates would say or do

The seat Sanusi occupies derives legitimacy from these ideas.If those ideas collapse so shall the emirate.

I call Sanusi a hypocrite because he is one.

Consider how he frittered away billions of naira accumulated by his predecessor on his personal comfort and luxuries in the midst of such poverty.

Where does that money come from?he of all people must know

The Igbod used to practice OSU caste system when their leaders asked people to start marrying Osus they were told to lead with their own daughters.
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2020
Arrewa:
you should more concern about your region...

You should be more concern about your selfish politicians...

You are not a person who is truthful to himself so hardly worth trying to have a factual discussion with you and many educated/privileged Northerners who reason like you and perpetually live in denial. Nothing illustrates this more than how you start an image-laundering thread for the North and you use a group of smug elite, likely about 1-4% of the entire population, as symbolic of your region when nothing could be more derisory or ridiculous. Where do you people put the fact, acknowledged by educated and informed men like Sanusi, that the North accounts for 87% of the entire poverty ravaging all regions of Nigeria?

That sort of depressing statistic is not enough for you to reflect pensively on nor the fact the North has consistently held Nigeria back in efforts of disease eradication because of the backward attitude of your political and religious leaders . Instead you come here trying to paint a glowing image of the North when the reality is depressing. Keep doing the silly comparison if it makes you feel better. You never solve a problem if you don't admit you have one and this is the limitations of your leaders that makes them incapable of delivering even fundamental changes the South has to make it far superior to the North in terms of human development index.
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by 0m0nnakoda: 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oshigun:

This is what Sanusi had to say when called out on his latest wife

The real issue is that people do not accept cultural difference. And you can see it in the approach to these issues. I am supposed to be urbane and western educated. Yes but I am not European. I am a northern Nigerian Fulani Muslim brought up in a setting exactly like the one my children are being brought up in. "If you read this and it improves your understanding of this issue that is fine. If it does not just remember it is not your life, it is not your daughter and you are not my wife therefore it is not your business. Read more: https://www.legit.ng/571584-dont-understand-buy-brain-emir-sanusi-explains-married-teenager.html
Is this something that I expect a European or western trained or feminist mind to appreciate or endorse? Not at all. But has any American been bothered about my views on men marrying men or women marrying women who frankly I find primitive and bestial? No and my views do not matter. These are cultural issues. Read more: https://www.legit.ng/571584-dont-understand-buy-brain-emir-sanusi-explains-married-teenager.html
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

This is where you miss the point completely.

Sanusi is a spiritual leader. An hereditary one at that.
Sanusi was castigated in the press for marrying a teenager.
He provided a written defence in the media even though he was not obliged to. His singular defence was
It is my religion. Nothing else was offered
The Muslims believe irrevocably in Sunnah and the idea that prophet Muhammad was a Perfect man and exemplar for Muslim conduct in EVERYTHING.
From using blue kettle to how to eat ,toilet,sleep Marry etc, Everything.

Many in the North interpret and historically believed that includes marrying 4 wives and having plenty children.
In the name of Islam. It is the belief tha this is Sunnah. Trying to discard them will precipitate charges of apostasy and violent revolt
Did you not hear about the House of Representatives guy with 20 kids?

That was an educated Northern Muslim so you can imagine what illiterates would say or do

The seat Sanusi occupies derives legitimacy from these ideas.If those ideas collapse so shall the emirate.

I call Sanusi a hypocrite because he is one.

Consider how he frittered away billions of naira accumulated by his predecessor on his personal comfort and luxuries in the midst of such poverty.

Where does that money come from?he of all people must know

You are stating facts. I am also aware of Sanusi's 'colourful' history to include his leadership of a mob that beheaded Gideon Akaluka. He got away with it because he is a privileged Northerner. My opinion remains that Sanusi can still serve to educate others because the Chicken has come home to roost for his elite ilk and ,sadly, for us in the South too. Now that the North has serious problem Sanusi is forced to speak against what he was part of that is now destroying the North.

He has admitted that Northern leaders, to include himself, are the problem of the North. You are right to castigate Sanusi for speaking against what he appeared to benefit gleefully from in the past. Yet sometimes it is not the road a man uses to reach perdition that matters but the fact he acknowledges he is there.

Now that Sanusi sees the serious issues facing the North, and accepts the foregone conclusion the future will be worse and really bleak, necessity, and not altruism, pushes him to be an agent of change. That is to be applauded because he is actually facing stiff and serious opposition from his fellow elite and his doggedness to stay the course, despite this, indicates that he is one Northern elite who recognises the danger ahead. Personally I am just a concerned Southerner who appreciates that we will have a serious problem if the status quo continue. Not a fan of Sanusi but his action of admonishing his fellow Northern elite is needed right now.

https://punchng.com/you-failed-your-people-sanusi-attacks-zamfara-gov-again-2/

You failed your people, Sanusi attacks Zamfara gov again

Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has again attacked Governor Abdul’aziz Yari of Zamfara State, insisting that the governor failed his people by not curbing the spread of meningitis in the state.

Sanusi said this on his official Instagram page on Tuesday.

The monarch said many Muslim countries like the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia were competing with other developed western countries, lamenting that Muslim-dominated states in northern Nigeria were only using their own knowledge to impoverish their people.

He said Yari had displayed ignorance for saying the meningitis outbreak, which had claimed over 200 lives in Zamfara State, was a punishment from God for the sin of fornication.

Sanusi stated, “Muslim countries are holding their own in the modern world, proving that Islam is not a religion of underdevelopment. However, the likes of Zamfara State Governor Yari only strengthen this prejudice.

“Abdulaziz Yari quite ludicrously said the deadly meningitis, rampaging his state, is divine punishment for fornication. He didn’t say how this was revealed to him because Zamfara certainly doesn’t have the highest number of fornicators in the nation.

“His preposterous statement fails to take into account the fact that meningitis isn’t a sexually transmitted ailment.

“The truth about the matter is that despite being warned of an impending outbreak, his government took no steps to prepare. Now he blames God! We are stuck with political leaders who only pretend to be godly because sycophants always refer to people in high political office as a ‘God-sent’.

“Paradoxically, despite being ruled by all these ‘God-sents’, we have spectacularly failed to progress as a nation. It’s no secret that many of our political leaders are inept and not well-educated. Nigerians have learnt from experience not to expect much from them.”

Sanusi said he would continue to fight for the progress of Nigeria since politicians had shown that they lacked vision and good intentions for the people.

The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria noted that conservative leaders had twisted the minds of several northern youths such that almost all the artisans in Kano were from southern Nigeria while the Kano indigenes had turned to begging.
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
Arrewa:
Nobody is dragging you backward...hold your selfish leaders accountable...

Continue blaming the north...

While Underdevelopment is seriously hitting the south

Very childish. Produce two million pictures and you will still not convince one educated person universally, aside your fellow ignorant and unexposed Northerner, that the North does not significantly lag behind the South in term of socio-economic and human development index. All you show here is the typical arrogance of Northern elite that sees them denying there is a problem till we are all in serious trouble as has happened with Boko Haram. Instead of you to face serious issues such as illiteracy, disease proliferation, malnutrition, poverty, youth restiveness et al you are here painting the North as some sort of Utopia.

How are you different to the Governor of a Northern State who argued that Meningitis is "God's punishment" for the promiscuity of the people. How can such a leader possibly seek prevention through science and vaccination when he already believes dogmatically that the disease is divine punishment? As you said, aluta continua.
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Ikinternational: 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2020
Sweeetheart:

I'm not your uncle's age mate. it's obvious you need attention here but I be day spoiler

you better keep that your filthy finger away from quoting me, I don't have time for all this nonsense talk

OR what sir...
Follow your own advice you bull headed omoh
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Susu888(m): 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2020
Oshigun:

You have nothing to be proud of. That your "tribe" (even as properly educated Africans know that word is a slur against us today) contributes 87% towards the total poverty rate of Nigeria is a source of pride to you ba?

Better be up and doing, like Emir Sanusi, to change the backward mindset and practices of the North now making the world, even beyond Africa, to view you guys a hindrance to the development of others and a menace to yourselves.

The world viewing us as hindrance to development of others??
Are we the ones pushing drugs??
Are we the ones running Prostitution rings across Europe and Asia?
Are we the ones buying tickets to go and robb people in dubai??
Are we the yahoo boyz and 419ers the U.S , Malaysia,Philippines, china e.t.c are battling with?

I am a fan of emir Sanusi for truly we do have our short comings but stop making it seem like the north is Nigeria's problem.... You don't get to point fingers when your hands are not clean!

And by changing our backward mindests you mean having mindsets like yours? i mean mindsets such as :

1- the get rich quick mindset? The believes that skull mining and human sacrifices bring money and success? undecided
Well thank God for our back ward mindsets of earning clean money even if its through menial jobs.

2- the not legalizing sex mindsets? Cuz i know that always comes up! Encouraging marriage instead of fornication? Its doing you lots of good with high HIV infection rates in your regions, raising bastards as your own children under your roofs.

3- the selling people substandard goods and fake medicines at the detriment of their safeties and that of others being applauded as being sharp kind of mindset?

I think i prefer my backward mindset thank you very much!

I am very proud of my tribe(yes i said tribe because its the known word used across the globe and alot of professors and educated laureates , leaders , e.t.c still use it). So how about you use what suites you and i use what suites me?

Pls avaoid my mention biko... undecided

sophisticated mo ron! (i mean it as a compliment) kiss
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by 0m0nnakoda: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Arrewa:
Do you know the problem I have with you the so called educated southerners....

You have bigger problems but you'll Chanel your energies towards northern Nigeria...

This is your region... Why not face your leaders and hold them accountable for your allocations

Your politicians are seriously raping your region... And your only problem is north

Make up your mind continue to champion Hausa/Fulani cause but stop interchanging that with North AND Northerner

Tivs , Gwari,Jukun,Kanuti,Berom,Idoma,Igala,Ebira are NOT Hausa/Fulani

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SOUTHERNER OR SOUTH
Re: Dear Fellow Hausafulanis On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2020
Susu888:

The world viewing us as hindrance to development of others??
Are we the ones pushing drugs??
Are we the ones running Prostitution rings across Europe and Asia?
Are we the ones buying tickets to go and robb people in dubai??
Are we the yahoo boyz and 419ers the U.S , Malaysia,Philippines, china e.t.c are battling with?

I am a fan of emir Sanusi for truly we do have our short comings but stop making it seem like the north is Nigeria's problem.... You don't get to point fingers when your hands are not clean!

And by changing our backward mindests you mean having mindsets like yours? i mean mindsets such as :

1- the get rich quick mindset? The believes that skull mining and human sacrifices bring money and success? undecided
Well thank God for our back ward mindsets of earning clean money even if its through menial jobs.

2- the not legalizing sex mindsets? Cuz i know that always comes up! Encouraging marriage instead of fornication? Its doing you lots of good with high HIV infection rates in your regions, raising bastards as your own children under your roofs.

3- the selling people substandard goods and fake medicines at the detriment of their safeties and that of others being applauded as being sharp kind of mindset?

I think i prefer my backward mindset thank you very much!

I am very proud of my tribe(yes i said tribe because its the known word used across the globe and alot of professors and educated laureates , leaders , e.t.c still use it). So how about you use what suites you and i use what suites me?

Pls avaoid my mention biko... undecided

sophisticated mo ron! (i mean it as a compliment) kiss

With all due respect, you are missing the point. We are talking 1 man having 20 kids with 16 begging all over Nigeria. We are talking of Meningitis outbreak killing 200 because your ignorant leaders still believe in hocus pocus above the solution-driven approach we expect them to deploy as first option. How about terrorism the North is now synonymous with? ISWAP? Boko Haram?

Then we have Fulani herdsmen marauders causing death and mayhem all across Nigeria and much more. What of the reprehensible Almajiri system that has turned millions of innocent children into beggars condemned to a life of hardship and penury? Continue burying your head in the sand to be talking about drug dealers and Yahoo boys while showing pictures of your elite at their lavish weddings and Parties.

https://punchng.com/almajiri-a-menace-and-security-threat-to-our-state-nasarawa-gov/

The governor added that there were about 10 million children in Almajiri system in the entire northern states, affirming that most of them serve as beggars and spending all their time on the streets begging.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Guns?! Spot The AK-47 In The Picture / Is This Why They Are Calling Tinubu ' Muhammadu Buhari Pro Max'? (picture) / Collation From Ikeja LGA. My Polling Unit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.