Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,259 members, 7,864,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? (48552 Views)

Why Is Toyota Avalon Uncommon? / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 24, 2020
b3llo:
This is an arse-talk comparison. Mercedes Benz rules Toyota
They won't agree.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by wealthyhenry(m): 6:50am On Feb 24, 2020
I love me Mercedes Benz any time any day

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by ultron12345: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2020
Nigerians sef

Someone asks which is a better company between the two and many are talking about Mercedes been better because it's more luxurious. The question is which is a better company, not which produces better cars.

The purpose of a company is to produce profit for it's shareholders. So the better company is the one that produces better profit for shareholders.

In 2019, Toyota had an annual revenue of $270.9Bn and a profit of $22.3Bn. Profit represented 8.23% of revenue

In the same year, Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes, posted a revenue of $181Bn with a profit of $2.9Bn. Profit reperesnted 1.6% of revenue.

From this, it's very clear Daimler (Mercedes) is a struggling company and Toyota is the far better company offering far better value to its shareholders.

Toyota also has a bigger brand value and market capitalization than Mercedes/Daimler. So you might say Mercedes vehicles are better then Toyota vehicles, but in terms of being a company, Daimler is not Toyota's mate.

15 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by realvikash: 6:54am On Feb 24, 2020
BeerParlour:

Hope you know what you are showing is someone's comment?

Yeah, someone with a good understanding of automobiles

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by tolguy(m): 6:54am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Error of generalisation. Are you educated?
get well soon
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 24, 2020
tolguy:
get well soon
If loving the Mercedes Benz brand is a sickness....let me be!!

6 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Azmanaty: 6:56am On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:

Interpret this dickhead!

So a random written trash on the internet (with no sense related to what is being said) is what u termed Mercedes write up?? Abeggi!! Go talk to kids. U are not making sense

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Our in-law the statement is fact. Did you know that the Mercedes Benz has a more luxurious arm called the Mercedes Maybach?

Pawon on overdrive.
In fact I tried to boost the ego of Toyota owners by comparing them with Tecno Infinix....
Nairalanders say Mercedes is better but Toyota been topping the list of most valuable cars for ages. That is our testimony.
Toyota for ever. cool

PS: This is the only time Mercedes ever come this close.

6 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Alitair(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2020
Mercedes Benz and Toyota can never be mates...

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Nairalanders say Mercedes is better but Toyota been topping the list of most valuable cars for ages. That is our testimony.
Toyota for ever. cool

PS: This is the only time Mercedes ever come this close.

Of course if Tecno Infinix users were allowed to vote against iPhone users.... Who'd win?

6 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by recievesense: 6:58am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
The problem is that people tend to think Mercedes Benz makes only cars like Toyota.... They forget that Marco Polo luxurious buses, trucks which are die hard vehicles and second to none in reliability are also signature makes of Mercedes Benz.

Even Lexus was a pure plagiarism of the Mercedes Benz.

Yes some brands of Mercedes Benz has issues....but true the Toyota Camry muscle is plagued with a factory error of oil consumption that is incurable!! The Camry muscle melting dashboards, the Camry muscle independent acceleration without the input of the driver....

I can go on and on... The Toyota Corolla is no match for the Mercedes Benz W202 C klasse... In any form..the W202 C klasse wins ...
A. Fuel economy tie.
B. Thieves follow the Toyota Corolla
C. Parts replacement is waayyy cheaper on the Mercedes W202...

No, Toyota is not better than Mercedes, and anyone who claims that is delusional.

Finally the Mercedes Benz Maybach is something no Toyota/Lexus can ever compete with in triple lifetimes!!

Mercedes= iPhone
Toyota=Tecno/Infinix

End of discussion.
bro i will buy u beer

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 24, 2020
recievesense:
bro i will buy u beer
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by executive12: 7:02am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Shuush I can't fight any agbero.... We have not even mentioned the Mercedes Benz luxury arm the Mercedes Maybach.

Really? But you already mentioned the Maybach.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by godofuck231: 7:07am On Feb 24, 2020
Butoneday2:
you are speaking in parables bro, or proverbs i don't know which one I will call it but anyways pls explain the meaning of your proverbs.
stop praising your toyota because you haven't experienced the power and performance of a Mercedes-Benz, most of the tech used in other brands were hatched in Mercedes-Benz plants, when you have driven a Mercedes-Benz for 6 months going back to your toyota would be a night mare

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
stop praising your toyota because you haven't experienced the power and performance of a Mercedes-Benz, most of the tech used in other brands were hatched in Mercedes-Benz plants, when you have driven a Mercedes-Benz for 6 months going back to your toyota would be a night mare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by richPHAROAH: 7:14am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
The problem is that people tend to think Mercedes Benz makes only cars like Toyota.... They forget that Marco Polo luxurious buses, trucks which are die hard vehicles and second to none in reliability are also signature makes of Mercedes Benz.

Yes some brands of Mercedes Benz has issues....but true the Toyota Camry muscle is plagued with a factory error of oil consumption that is incurable!! The Camry muscle melting dashboards, the Camry muscle independent acceleration without the input of the driver....

I can go on and on... The Toyota Corolla is no match for the Mercedes Benz W202 C klasse... In any form..the W202 C klasse wins ...
A. Fuel economy tie.

No, Toyota is not better than Mercedes, and anyone who claims that is delusional.

Finally the Mercedes Benz Maybach is something no Toyota/Lexus can ever compete with in triple lifetimes!!

Mercedes= iPhone
Toyota=Tecno/Infinix

End of discussion.
bro u high? why ask a question then answer it yourself. why even bother to ask if you already know the answer?
typical naija peasant mentality

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by louiziana(m): 7:15am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

A. Fuel economy tie.

Mercedes= iPhone
Toyota=Tecno/Infinix

End of discussion.

Maybach is too high, I don't think any toyota car matches a McLaren.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Bizibi(m): 7:16am On Feb 24, 2020
Benz is really good especially the old models,I have driven it and I can say thumbs up but when it comes to reliability the Toyota Corolla tops the list.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by louiziana(m): 7:17am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
in life the lizard praises himself because he falls from the tree and survives, little is known about the lion and how many kills he makes to stay alive, the pope isn't the head of your church but when your so called church overseers meet him the difference is clear,
never put the Mercedes-Benz at par with the best japanese car, for no matter how hard the wind howls the mountain can never bow to it

You must have watched Mulan.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2020
louiziana:

Maybach is too high, I don't think any toyota car matches a McLaren.

You're looking for trouble o. Toyota users never reach here
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2020
Bizibi:
Benz is really good especially the old models,I have driven it and I can say thumbs up but when it comes to reliability the Toyota Corolla tops the list.

Bro I doubt that.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by executive12: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2020
No basis for comparison. Their target markets are different. Mercedes is a luxury brand. Toyota is not.
But generally, in terms of reliability, Toyota leads. In terms of performance, Mercedes leads.
For a country like Nigeria with extremely bad roads, Mercedes brands are more suitable. Camry, the most popular Toyota brand, is very popular among Nigerians. But I don't think Camry cars are suitable for Nigerian roads; usually too low to the ground, weak suspension. But they are excellent cars in countries with decent roads like the US.

In summary, in the US, for everyday driving, I will pick a Toyota brand, preferably a Lexus. In Nigeria, I pick a Mercedes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by godofuck231: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:
Hmm, words . Much respect!

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 7:21am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
..Mercedes sells way more expensive cars than Toyota does, which is their whole objective. Toyota sells WAY more cheap cars than Mercedes does, which is their focus. ... To give you a feel for focus, Toyota sold more Camry's ALONE (430,000) than Mercedes sold ALL its cars in the US in a particular year (380,000).

Toyota has sold more camry's because it is much more cheaper. Toyota is cheaper to buy that's why people mostly buy it. It's a case of money. Most people that buy Toyota's are middle-class and low-income earners. You have to be wealthy to be able to buy a Benz. How much is a brand new 2020 camry? About $27k msrp, and by the time you add all the options, it can't be up to $40k. An equivalent sedan to the camry would be the E-class. Do you know how much a brand new 2020 E-class is? MSRP for a base trim Benz E350 is around $54k, and now if you decide to go up the E-class ladder and get the AMG variants like the E63 AMG, then you're looking at around $110k MSRP alone, not to mention when you start adding options. Mercedes-Benz is not a car for the middle-class or poor. Only the rich can afford to buy it new, and then you talk of maintenance, of course it's more expensive to maintain than Toyota because it has more luxury technology than Toyota. Mercedes-Benz will always be GREATER than Toyota. You can only be comparing the likes of the Land Rover with a Benz. It is mostly poor people and broke-ass people that own Toyota. Keyword "mostly".

5 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by LordAzubuike(f): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

If loving the Mercedes Benz brand is a sickness....let me be!!
This your Benz na olden days benz.. you shouldn't be proud of it.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by LordAzubuike(f): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Toyota is a far better and more valuable brand.

Benz is only for people who wants to have a taste of luxury but can't afford it. Benz is a poor man's luxury. I was utterly shocked when someone was telling me benz is a far better luxury maker than Audi and BMW. Nothing wey man no go hear from these die hard Benz fans.

executive12

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2020
LordAzubuike:

This your Benz na olden days benz.. you shouldn't be proud of it.

Very proud. In fact arrogant.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by godofuck231: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2020
louiziana:

You must have watched Mulan.
mainene?
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2020
LordAzubuike:
Toyota is a far better and more valuable brand.

Benz is only for people who wants to have a taste of luxury but can't afford it. Benz is a poor man's luxury. I was utterly shocked when someone was telling me benz is a far better luxury maker than Audi and BMW. Nothing wey man no go hear from these die hard Benz fans.

executive12
I own Audi too. But Merc trumps.them all

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by executive12: 7:26am On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:

You make me laugh.
Take Benz 190 for example.
The car was made around 1985 and you still see it today. No car was ever made by Toyota that is as reliable and durable as that car in my opinion.

Reliability is a settled issue. Toyota leads, definitely. Consult the Consumer Reports. On durability and performance, of course Mercedes takes the lead.
You are more likely to break down on the road in a Mercedes than in a Toyota.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

Toyota has sold more camry's because it is much more cheaper. Toyota is cheaper to buy that's why people mostly buy it. It's a case of money. Most people that buy Toyota's are middle-class and low-income earners. You have to be wealthy to be able to buy a Benz. How much is a brand new 2020 camry? About $27k msrp, and by the time you add all the options, it can't be up to $40k. An equivalent sedan to the camry would be the E-class. Do you know how much a brand new 2020 E-class is? MSRP for a base trim Benz E350 is around $54k, and now if you decide to go up the E-class ladder and get the AMG variants like the E63 AMG, then you're looking at around $110k MSRP alone, not to mention when you start adding options. Mercedes-Benz is not a car for the middle-class or poor. Only the rich can afford to buy it new, and then you talk of maintenance, of course it's more expensive to maintain than Toyota because it has more luxury technology than Toyota. Mercedes-Benz will always be GREATER than Toyota. You can only be comparing the likes of the Land Rover with a Benz. It is mostly poor people and broke-ass people that own Toyota. Keyword "mostly".

What exactly is your point... Toyota is more expensive to maintain and repair than Mercedes Benz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

What Do You Think About This New Mercedes Benz Design? (photos) / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / Innoson Produces Trucks For Anambra Vigilante Services (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.