Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,572 members, 7,865,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:59 PM

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? (48585 Views)

Why Is Toyota Avalon Uncommon? / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by waaclef(m): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2020
I have driven a corolla Toyota sport. Good fuel economy,little issues and all that. when i decided to sell, i sold slightly above the amount i purchased after driving it for 2 yrs. Recently i got a Benz sport version. i have not really observed any major fuel gap to be honest for now though. The performance on the road is something else. He does not like Toyota overtaking him recklessly on the road. I noticed the handling and response rate is on a different level to Toyota. Some might say its quite high in terms of maintenance ,but again you don't need to service frequently as you always do with Toyota.
If you can afford it , get a Benz they are beasts on the road.

4 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 24, 2020
waaclef:
I have driven a corolla Toyota sport. Good fuel economy,little issues and all that. when i decided to sell, i sold slightly above the amount i purchased after driving it for 2 yrs. Recently i got a Benz sport version. i have not really observed any major fuel gap to be honest for now though. The performance on the road is something else. He does not like Toyota overtaking him recklessly on the road. I noticed the handling and response rate is on a different level to Toyota. Some might say its quite high in terms of maintenance ,but again you don't need to service frequently as you always do with Toyota.
If you can afford it , get a Benz they are beasts on the road.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 10:19am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

When I talked about Nairaland I was just trying to let you know we all drive the low budget models of these brands and then make it look like we are driving the real deal.
I made a point up there, IPhone users can all brag about having an IPhone but iPhone 4 isn't same as iPhone X Max. As far as you guys still use the common random Mercedes I see around then don't come here and talk about luxury.
I insist, people who can afford luxury Mercedes Benz are not on Nairaland bragging about it.
undecided
When the iPhone 4 was made, what was the equivalent android available, maybe the symbian android, then maybe the java blackberry. They're all dead, but the iPhone 4 is still here, could be updated up to ios 7 or 8 I think, and in that era the iphone 4 was "bragging material" just like the V-boot in its era was bragging material etc. But nobody is talking bragging rights here, I don’t know why you have brought that up into this conversation or what exactly you're driving at with it. We're talking the everyday misconceptions about certain brands of cars like the Toyota and Benz etc. Every car manufacturer produces a car in a certain segment, and by so, different cars from different manufacturers fall in the same segment and certain models fall within the same group and this establishes the grounds for comparison. For example, you can't compare an S550 Benz sedan with a camry, even though they are both in the same segment (SEDAN), they are not in the same group or class. But you can compare an E350 Benz with maybe a camry or avalon. Now, it doesn't matter how you look at it or grade it, it doesn't matter which year you consider, let's even say 2001 model, a E350 model of that year is more luxurious than a camry same year, and in that same era the man driving that 2001 camry still falls under the broke people category. If only we had a time machine to go back in time, say, 2001, and let's see the kind of people that "EXCLUSIVELY" own the 2001 E350 compared to those that "exclusively " own the 2001 Camry. Check their thinking, it's the same kind of mindset with the Toyota buyers of today: 'does it chop fuel', 'shey the parts full market', 'can baba Kazeem repair it' etc. But check out those buying benz, their mindset is how many HP on this baby, can it go 0 - 100 in 6 secs, what kind of tech is inside etc. And that's how rich people think when buying cars, they think LUXURY and Performance to guide their choice. But BROKE PEOPLE think fuel efficiency and maintenance costs as their deciding factor in buying a car. And that's why I said before that "MOST" people that own Toyotas and Hondas fall in the broke people category. It's not an insult, it's just an intelligent observation about consistent human behavior.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:21am On Feb 24, 2020
BadBradley:
you see wetin I dey tell you?

Stop discussing about cars!!!!!!

Peugeot was only used government-wise in Nigeria.

We're talking 70% of the world's presidents use mercedes and you're talking about Peugeot...lolz.

Listen forget luxury or names.

Just get into the wheels of a Japanese car and drive it, then alight and get into the back of a Mercedes and drive it. The difference with envelope, arrest and unsettle you.

When you take both cars to the highway, you know why European cars are driven with more ease and comfort than anything out of Asia.

Once again, have you driven both cars?

Mercedes is the high priest of cars! Put some reverence and respect when you mention it.

Mercedes own too much car patent rights that if enforced, Toyota/Lexus will be paying Mercedes for every unit shipped!

Awesome, you have lectured them enough

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 10:22am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Benz has been a brand of repute and they rarely do advert because they know that they have loyal customers ....I am driving the second Benz... seriously I started with Japanese cars but as of today, I doubt if I can drive Japanese again

It's a personal thing ...I enjoy in Benz the handling
No doubts, Benz has been a brand of repute although overly hyped. tongue
Let us enjoy our Japanese cars in peace, some of us would die for Toyota or let me just say me.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by MartinsD12(m): 10:22am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:
..Mercedes sells way more expensive cars than Toyota does, which is their whole objective. Toyota sells WAY more cheap cars than Mercedes does, which is their focus. ... To give you a feel for focus, Toyota sold more Camry's ALONE (430,000) than Mercedes sold ALL its cars in the US in a particular year (380,000).
Op you dey smoke garri, comparing Mercedes with Toyota is like comparing iPhone to tecno infinix, no try am again
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:23am On Feb 24, 2020
You captured it author=Openbusiness post=86910884]
When the iPhone 4 was made, what was the equivalent android available, maybe the symbian android, then maybe the java blackberry. They're all dead, but the iPhone 4 is still here, could be updated up to ios 7 or 8 I think, and in that era the iphone 4 was "bragging material" just like the V-boot in its era was bragging material etc. But nobody is talking bragging rights here, I don’t know why you have brought that up into this conversation or what exactly you're driving at with it. We're talking the everyday misconceptions about certain brands of cars like the Toyota and Benz etc. Every car manufacturer produces a car in a certain segment, and by so, different cars from different manufacturers fall in the same segment and certain models fall within the same group and this establishes the grounds for comparison. For example, you can't compare an S550 Benz sedan with a camry, even though they are both in the same segment (SEDAN), they are not in the same group or class. But you can compare an E350 Benz with maybe a camry or avalon. Now, it doesn't matter how you look at it or grade it, it doesn't matter which year you consider, let's even say 2001 model, a E350 model of that year is more luxurious than a camry same year, and in that same era the man driving that 2001 camry still falls under the broke people category. If only we had a time machine to go back in time, say, 2001, and let's see the kind of people that "EXCLUSIVELY" own the 2001 E350 compared to those that "exclusively " own the 2001 Camry. Check their thinking, it's the same kind of mindset with the Toyota buyers of today: 'does it chop fuel', 'shey the parts full market', 'can baba Kazeem repair it' etc. But check out those buying benz, their mindset is how many HP on this baby, can it go 0 - 100 in 6 secs, what kind of tech is inside etc. And that's how rich people think when buying cars, they think LUXURY and Performance to guide their choice. But BROKE PEOPLE think fuel efficiency and maintenance costs as their deciding factor in buying a car. And that's why I said before that "MOST" people that own Toyotas and Hondas fall in the broke people category. It's not an insult, it's just an intelligent observation about consistent human behavior. [/quote]
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Vacora(m): 10:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Why do terrorists and guerrillas use Toyota vehicles for their urban or field exercises? Let that sink in for a moment.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Jamestown123: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2020
Felixamos:

When you sell 20 bags of pure water @ N100 per bag in 2days for 5days and just 5 bottles of CWAY dispenser water @ N500 per bottle bottles in 5days, which one gives you more more money and turn overs?
Why are u confusing yourself?
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:25am On Feb 24, 2020
MartinsD12:

Op you dey smoke garri, comparing Mercedes with Toyota is like comparing iPhone to tecno infinix, no try am again

That was my anger with the OP, Why is he even thinking and doing such a travesty...how can he compare Benz with Toyota

He should compare Toyota with Mazda, Subaru, Kia and Skoda

He should compare Benz with BMW, Audi , Lincoln, Aston Martin etc

He is busy comparing apples and oranges

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

When the iPhone 4 was made, what was the equivalent android available, maybe the symbian android, then maybe the java blackberry. They're all dead, but the iPhone 4 is still here, could be updated up to ios 7 or 8 I think, and in that era the iphone 4 was "bragging material" just like the V-boot in its era was bragging material etc. But nobody is talking bragging rights here, I don’t know why you have brought that up into this conversation or what exactly you're driving at with it. We're talking the everyday misconceptions about certain brands of cars like the Toyota and Benz etc. Every car manufacturer produces a car in a certain segment, and by so, different cars from different manufacturers fall in the same segment and certain models fall within the same group and this establishes the grounds for comparison. For example, you can't compare an S550 Benz sedan with a camry, even though they are both in the same segment (SEDAN), they are not in the same group or class. But you can compare an E350 Benz with maybe a camry or avalon. Now, it doesn't matter how you look at it or grade it, it doesn't matter which year you consider, let's even say 2001 model, a E350 model of that year is more luxurious than a camry same year, and in that same era the man driving that 2001 camry still falls under the broke people category. If only we had a time machine to go back in time, say, 2001, and let's see the kind of people that "EXCLUSIVELY" own the 2001 E350 compared to those that "exclusively " own the 2001 Camry. Check their thinking, it's the same kind of mindset with the Toyota buyers of today: 'does it chop fuel', 'shey the parts full market', 'can baba Kazeem repair it' etc. But check out those buying benz, their mindset is how many HP on this baby, can it go 0 - 100 in 6 secs, what kind of tech is inside etc. And that's how rich people think when buying cars, they think LUXURY and Performance to guide their choice.
I like this Particular analysis, your points are loud and clear, I even liked and shared it. Thanks for this piece, I just had to remove the part where you talked about broke people at the last lines. Those weren't needed.
Oshey Openbusiness.grin

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2020
Vacora:
Why do terrorists and guerrillas use Toyota vehicles for their urban or field exercises? Let that sink in for a moment.

Becaause it's readily available and it's basics... terrorists aren't interested in luxuries and fine-tuning of engines and cars...they are interested in killing and any car that can move them from point A to B is welcomed

Benz is a car that transcends movements from point A to B , Benz owners understand that concept

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

No doubts, Benz has been a brand of repute although overly hyped. tongue
Let us enjoy our Japanese cars in peace, some of us would die for Toyota or let me just say me.

We understand. We had that mindset before bro....

We agree with you ....
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 24, 2020
Jamestown123:
Why are u confusing yourself?

Just ask your question with sense or go to hell!
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 10:29am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Lol. I wish I was poor ooo but God didn't let that happen. I bought my DC with my hard earned money that car trash drained the living hell out of me. Until my 2013 Camry came through.
No vex Adanny01, Honda is a disaster. grin

There's a point where the mouth (hands) vomits the mind.

Not trying to be overly defensive sha, a friend of mine recently moved from a 2002 Corolla to a DC and has all the praise for the latter. I know that Corolla is a good car but I wonder why DC seemed to be a good upgrade to him. Don't you think the Corolla is good too?

I want to think you are better than the comment "Honda is a disaster" but you know what you are better than. Your scars do not define who you are, they shape who you will be.

Are you sure you didn't buy the scar with your hard earned money thinking you bought a car? A lot of people have done exactly that, including my evil spirited friend.

In addition, paupers like us know how to use firewood and not cry.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 10:29am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

We understand. We had that mindset before bro....

We agree with you ....

Who is your bro? grin grin
Bro kee you there.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by ForbesHomesNG(m): 10:30am On Feb 24, 2020
4ckz:
I don't think it's wise to compare the two, one is mainly exotic, while the other is mainly utility.

OP, try reselling a 2yr old Benz, and a 5yr old Toyota, you might get a clearer view of your answer
That's the truth about the two different car brands!
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Who is your bro? grin grin
Bro kee you there.

Shhhhhh grow up babe ...we aren't taking bras here. . we are talking cars here

Babe relax okay

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Vacora(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Becaause it's readily available and it's basics... terrorists aren't interested in luxuries and fine-tuning of engines and cars...they are interested in killing and any car that can move them from point A to B is welcomed

Benz is a car that transcends movements from point A to B , Benz owners understand that concept

Albeit reliability and easy accessible or cheap parts. Mercedes are not reliable as Toyota vehicles. A Toyota vehicle packs more car tech and accessories than a basic model of a mercedes which costs more? A lot of people talking absolute rubbish on this trend. Perhaps that need to look at reliability indices or data. To each their pocket. I prefer the Lexus G570 to a G Wagon.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2020
adanny01:

There's a point where the mouth (hands) vomits the mind.

Not trying to be overly defensive sha, a friend of mine recently moved from a 2002 Corolla to a DC and has all the praise for the latter. I know that Corolla is a good car but I wonder why DC seemed to be a good upgrade to him. Don't you think the Corolla is good too?

I want to think you are better than the comment "Honda is a disaster" but you know what you are better than. Your scars do not define who you are, they shape who you will be.

Are you sure you didn't buy the scar with your hard earned money thinking you bought a car? A lot of people have done exactly that, including my evil spirited friend.
Is corolla 2002 a car I will pick over DC? Personally No. I will pick DC over 2002 corolla so I am definitely on the same page with your friend although my reason won't be because I see it as an upgrade but just a simple choice.

The last paragraph, I seriously can't phantom the parables of the scars and cars o. Biko come to my level.smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 10:39am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Shhhhhh grow up babe ...we aren't taking bras here. . we are talking cars here

Babe relax okay
Lol. Because I wear bras means I can't talk about cars?. Mind you my last response to you was supposed to be a joke, I only tried correcting the bro you called me.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2020
MartinsD12:

Sorry Sir
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

But you can compare an E350 Benz with maybe a camry or avalon.

On what basis are you going to compare them? How do you compare a $50,000 dollar car to a $30,000 dollar car? Just like the OP of the thread, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Put the E350 against the Lexus GS350 and you have a fair comparison.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2020
rationalmind:

On what basis are you going to compare them? How do you compare a $50,000 dollars car to a $30,000 dollar car? Just like the OP of the thread, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Luxury subbranch of Toyota....then we go Brabus...or Maybach. What's it going to be?

Maybach cheapest model.... What is the Cheapest Maybach?
The art179858
is the cheapest of the two available vehicles. The sedan starts from $170,750, so "cheap" let's do this!!
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2020
godofuck231:
in life the lizard praises himself because he falls from the tree and survives, little is known about the lion and how many kills he makes to stay alive, the pope isn't the head of your church but when your so called church overseers meet him the difference is clear,
never put the Mercedes-Benz at par with the best japanese car, for no matter how hard the wind howls the mountain can never bow to it
wisdom of the elderly. Respect.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by vickydevoka(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2020
Please don't buy Mercedes Benz product. Cus when u use it. It will be difficult to use another product lyk Toyota. Mercedes Benz is classic n durable

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2020
vickydevoka:
Please don't buy Mercedes Benz product. Cus when u use it. It will be difficult to use another product lyk Toyota. Mercedes Benz is classic n durable

You're in the know

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 11:04am On Feb 24, 2020
rationalmind:

On what basis are you going to compare them? How do you compare a $50,000 dollar car to a $30,000 dollar car? Just like the OP of the thread, you're comparing apples and oranges.

You compare them because they both fall into the same class of cars = Mid-size sedans. You compare a c-class with a corolla because they're both compact sedans (all though for the old model c-class because the newer models c-class are now kind of mid-size too, no longer compact), and you compare like the Benz A-class to like hyundai i10, Toyota echo, yaris etc, because they all fall in the subcompact cars category. That's the basis of comparison, their manufacturer category class, NOT PRICE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:07am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Lol. Because I wear bras means I can't talk about cars?. Mind you my last response to you was supposed to be a joke, I only tried correcting the bro you called me.

Honey I don't fight women ...I am fine ...we can do it in my Benz dearie
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Harrynight(m): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:

You make me laugh.
Take Benz 190 for example.
The car was made around 1985 and you still see it today. No car was ever made by Toyota that is as reliable and durable as that car in my opinion.

You sey wetin?
I've not seen that car(Benz 190) for almost 10yrs now
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:09am On Feb 24, 2020
vickydevoka:
that was exactly the problem I had ! I used Benz and I am hooked ...here am I today
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 11:10am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

I like this Particular analysis, your points are loud and clear, I even liked and shared it. Thanks for this piece, I just had to remove the part where you talked about broke people at the last lines. Those weren't needed.
Oshey Openbusiness.grin
Ooiin, fantabulous cheesy Julynation, because April and May people are natural troublemakers cheesy na joke oh before someone here mentions me with me a "serious angry post" cheesy I won't answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / Innoson Produces Trucks For Anambra Vigilante Services (Photos) / 2017 Mercedes GLE450 : The Latest Ride Of Davido, The Review!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.