Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,578 members, 7,865,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? (48587 Views)

Why Is Toyota Avalon Uncommon? / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by kernniejay(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2020
anonimi:

Learn to read before you comment to appear smart properly.

Let me come down to your level so that you can understand, Toyota makes vehicles for common man, Mercedes Benz BUILDS vehicles for VIPs.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by virago(f): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2020
conductor259:
As far as this our earth is concerned, the worst of Toyota; the least, barest, smallest, cheapest, lowest trim of Toyota Corolla ever made is going to be more reliable, dependable and stronger than the most expensive shitbox Benzedes will ever manufacture. cheesy

Ps. Benzedes is closer to Nissan on Consumer Reports US reliability list 2019 down there. Is it not safer to compare yourselves with number 14-ranked Nissan rather than jumping 17 places to be fighting and killing yourselves over Toyota that doesn't even know you exist at number one position.? cheesy

Not surprised coming from a "conductor" gringringringringrin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2020
Vacora:

Albeit reliability and easy accessible or cheap parts. Mercedes are not reliable as Toyota vehicles. A Toyota vehicle packs more car tech and accessories than a basic model of a mercedes which costs more? A lot of people talking absolute rubbish on this trend. Perhaps that need to look at reliability indices or data. To each their pocket. I prefer the Lexus G570 to a G Wagon.

Baic Benz comes with tiptronic
Basic Benz comes with 6 airbags minimum
Basic Benz from 2000 comes with heated seats and electronic seats

What do yor crap come with again as a standard

Why am I having banters with you ? Just why
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Zane2point4(m): 11:15am On Feb 24, 2020
Foolishbuhari:

My man! You make sharp angle bends at 100km/hr?! Hafa bros small small with this dodo Abeg. Have you tried checking Toyota Camry moose test scores? When you do come back and edit this.

PS I care about your life and if you really attempt this, I beg you to desist henceforth bros. The Toyota Camry is not a sporty car and you attempting to drive it like one will never make it one!
Lols,toyota isn't such an inferior car as you guys make it look.
Some always complain abt oil consumption in 2az fe,08, i but in reality i dont even get to use the car for 1000miles before another oil change and my car hardly consumes oil.
As for controlling the car over a sharp bend,the first thing to do it to withraw your leg from the gas pedal and tap the brake small small while aiming to the inner radius of the bend,i think its a small task.
Some people also said you'll hardly make 140km/hr or 160 in a toyota without vibration.
I make all these and with my car windows up i hardly notice.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by KINGreignn: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

Who told you rich people that buy luxury cars are not on Nairaland? Besides, that doesn't even relate to this discussion, we're not talking about Nairaland. Then FYI, those Benz vehicles you listed, are all luxury cars. And let me tell you, Benz owners are not broke people. People that buy Benz don't think about mpg, smh, most Benz cars don't even have good mpg, the average Benz car is a V6, with city mpg around 13mpg or less, they don’t worry about resale value, they buy it because they love its luxury features and performance capabilities. Do you know a brand new S-class, let's say 2017 S550 AMG costs around $220k brand new and within a year or 2 after purchase the value drops by half, around 3 years, you can buy it for like $70k but rich people still buy it because they don't care about the second hand value, they are buying a car they love. The typical or average Benz owner is not a BROKE PERSON, no matter the year you consider. Even if you go back to the past, like in the 60s and 70s in Nigeria, check out the people driving Benz and check out those driving Toyota, Honda and Peugeot cheesy
Just shut up!

Imagine the rubbish self indicting speech. I know a lot of Toyota brand new and used that will buy a Mercedes Benz 2x. Also, I know some folks who own Mercedes Benz but always putting 1000- 1500 fuel, always welding the ball joints and linkage arms and buying used tyres and the last time his car engine leaked oil, he couldn't cough 120k to buy an engine and had to park it for over 7months.

4 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by colestephan86: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2020
Harrynight:

You sey wetin?
I've not seen that car(Benz 190) for almost 10yrs now
U Sabi motor.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

You compare them because they both fall into the same class of cars = Mid-size sedans. You compare a c-class with a corolla because they're both compact sedans (all though for the old model c-class because the newer models c-class are now kind of mid-size too, no longer compact), and you compare like the Benz A-class to like hyundai i10, Toyota echo, yaris etc, because they all fall in the subcompact cars category. That's the basis of comparison, their manufacturer category class, NOT PRICE.

This is a rather broad and wrong way to compare individual vehicles. You don't just throw vehicles at each other and compare because they are both mid sized sedans. Some mid-sized sedans are tuned for performance, others towards luxury and comfort.

A more accurate means which is also FAIR is to compare cars with similar drivetrain specs, features, handling, fuel economy, and of course, MRSP.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Vacora(m): 11:28am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Baic Benz comes with tiptronic
Basic Benz comes with 6 airbags minimum
Basic Benz from 2000 comes with heated seats and electronic seats

What do yor crap come with again as a standard

Why am I having banters with you ? Just why

Nigerians and vacuousness. Really insipid. Quite childish for me to argue with you to justify what I prefer to drive? Listen up mate, facts speak for themselves, check the reliability indices from the US or Europe, your beloved Mercedes is either non existent or bottom of the least, surprisingly Hyundai, Kia and Nissan are moving up. I am aiming to buy a Lexus 450h L next year if the prices drop at the dealers and I am able to trade in my RX400h it has all the luxuries needed for my drives and commutes plus it is a hybrid so cheap on road tax and less pollution. That’s a family man’s need not driving around for looks or please others.
As for Mercedes considering the GLC or GLE but they have been known to be expensive to run and prone to electrical issues so staying clear.

PS Lexus has heated seat as standard, satnav, cruise control, automatic headlights, automatic seats with memory adjustments, speed sensing steering, auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers and SRS airbags And I forgot a 3.2L engine so 0 - 60 in about 7 seconds grin I am bored now. Off to earn a living.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 11:30am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

Is corolla 2002 a car I will pick over DC? Personally No. I will pick DC over 2002 corolla so I am definitely on the same page with your friend although my reason won't be because I see it as an upgrade but just a simple choice.

The last paragraph, I seriously can't phantom the parables of the scars and cars o. Biko come to my level.smiley

The way you sounded, like if Dangote should bless your life with a brand new 2020 Accord, you will say, "nah, I pass".

Or when you negotiated for your 2013 Camry, if there was an offer for a 2018 Accord, you will still say, "nah, I pass".

You used a DC, it scarred you. FINE.
Out of 10 DC users, say 2 are scarred. FINE. Say 10 out of 10 Murano users get scarred. FINE.

To say Murano is a piece of shiit i will say FINE.
To say Nissans are pieces of shiit, I will not say fine.

Secondly, my evil spirited friend bought a scar when he made a good deal for his car. The price was alright, the car was fixable yes, but he did not have the patience, the knowledge, the experience and the will to see the car in good shape, this got him scarred. Did Honda scar him? When your mechanic says your crank shaft is shot and you must replace your 300k engine when actually you have a worn camshaft, how do you stop yourself from paying 400k? It is the knowledge that will save you not Honda. How am I sure you didn't scar yourself with a combination of lack of knowledge and a dubious mechanic?
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by aminusodiq(m): 11:33am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Yes. 5 bottles Vs 20 bags.
nd u ddnt consider d cost of production? Surely, d bottles will cost more hense... Lesser profit??
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2020
conductor259:
As far as this our earth is concerned, the worst of Toyota; the least, barest, smallest, cheapest, lowest trim of Toyota Corolla ever made is going to be more reliable, dependable and stronger than the most expensive shitbox Benzedes will ever manufacture. cheesy

Ps. Benzedes is closer to Nissan on Consumer Reports US reliability list 2019 down there. Is it not safer to compare yourselves with number 14-ranked Nissan rather than jumping 17 places to be fighting and killing yourselves over Toyota that doesn't even know you exist at number one position.? cheesy

The boys praising Mercedes on this thread can't even afford it's tyres. Exactly thesame fake lives they live on Instagram and one day I pointed this out to them.

If someone gifts them a corolla, they will share testimony in church. I have never driven a Mercedes but at least have owned two Toyotas and one Honda before.

At least let me speak about what I have tested.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2020
waaclef:
I have driven a corolla Toyota sport. Good fuel economy,little issues and all that. when i decided to sell, i sold slightly above the amount i purchased after driving it for 2 yrs. Recently i got a Benz sport version. i have not really observed any major fuel gap to be honest for now though. The performance on the road is something else. He does not like Toyota overtaking him recklessly on the road. I noticed the handling and response rate is on a different level to Toyota. Some might say its quite high in terms of maintenance ,but again you don't need to service frequently as you always do with Toyota.
If you can afford it , get a Benz they are beasts on the road.

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2020
waaclef:
I have driven a corolla Toyota sport. Good fuel economy,little issues and all that. when i decided to sell, i sold slightly above the amount i purchased after driving it for 2 yrs. Recently i got a Benz sport version. i have not really observed any major fuel gap to be honest for now though. The performance on the road is something else. He does not like Toyota overtaking him recklessly on the road. I noticed the handling and response rate is on a different level to Toyota. Some might say its quite high in terms of maintenance ,but again you don't need to service frequently as you always do with Toyota.
If you can afford it , get a Benz they are beasts on the road.

When you want to sell it, the value you would have lost, you will come back to tell us another story.

I love Benz, but I had nothing but pity on the my friends and family who have it.

I will get it, but not as a daily driver.

3 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by MartinsD12(m): 11:47am On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

That was my anger with the OP, Why is he even thinking and doing such a travesty...how can he compare Benz with Toyota

He should compare Toyota with Mazda, Subaru, Kia and Skoda

He should compare Benz with BMW, Audi , Lincoln, Aston Martin etc

He is busy comparing apples and oranges
No mind am all to gain traffic online
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by franchasng: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2020
maynation:

God bless your wife Sir. grin
Plenty regards to her.
God bless you too sweetz kiss shocked shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by MartinsD12(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Sorry Sir
Compare Toyota with Kia, Honda, but not Mercedes

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2020
RonaldoVido:

The boys praising Mercedes on this thread can't even afford it's tyres. Exactly thesame fake lives they live on Instagram and one day I pointed this out to them.

If someone gifts them a corolla, they will share testimony in church. I have never driven a Mercedes but at least have owned two Toyotas and one Honda before.

At least let me speak about what I have tested.
bro ....don't see everyone from the same lens
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:51am On Feb 24, 2020
MartinsD12:

No mind am all to gain traffic online

My brother , let me leave them to their own fun...got better things to do

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by franchasng: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2020
conductor259:

As funny as this statement may sound, it is actually the truth.

Mercedes new model cars make use of complicated technology that makes their system too complex and fragile that it ends up becoming a problem to fix and maintain when issues arise.

I remember my elder brother's Benz C320 or so, that car almost sent him back to our village if not that he was buoyant enough....at the end, he sold it at a give away price.

Benz cars of today doesn't have second hand value.

Toyota remains the best when it comes to reliability at affordable price.

No wonder Toyota Land Cruiser remains the choice SUV for all government, NGOs and organizations all over the world

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by AmuDimpka: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2020
Vacora:

Nigerians and vacuousness. Really insipid. Quite childish for me to argue with you to justify what I prefer to drive? Listen up mate, facts speak for themselves, check the reliability indices from the US or Europe, your beloved Mercedes is either non existent or bottom of the least, surprisingly Hyundai, Kia and Nissan are moving up. I am aiming to buy a Lexus 450h L next year if the prices drop at the dealers and I am able to trade in my RX400h it has all the luxuries needed for my drives and commutes plus it is a hybrid so cheap on road tax and less pollution. That’s a family man’s need not driving around for looks or please others.
As for Mercedes considering the GLC or GLE but they have been known to be expensive to run and prone to electrical issues so staying clear.

PS Lexus has heated seat as standard, satnav, cruise control, automatic headlights, automatic seats with memory adjustments, speed sensing steering, auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers and SRS airbags And I forgot a 3.2L engine so 0 - 60 in about 7 seconds grin I am bored now. Off to earn a living.

You win ....I no fit argue

It doesn't change the realities on ground

Have a blessed working week ahead
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
adanny01:

The way you sounded, like if Dangote should bless your life with a brand new 2020 Accord, you will say, "nah, I pass".

Or when you negotiated for your 2013 Camry, if there was an offer for a 2018 Accord, you will still say, "nah, I pass".

You used a DC, it scarred you. FINE.
Out of 10 DC users, say 2 are scarred. FINE. Say 10 out of 10 Murano users get scarred. FINE.

To say Murano is a piece of shiit i will say FINE.
To say Nissans are pieces of shiit, I will not say fine.

Secondly, my evil spirited friend bought a scar when he made a good deal for his car. The price was alright, the car was fixable yes, but he did not have the patience, the knowledge, the experience and the will to see the car in good shape, this got him scarred. Did Honda scar him? When your mechanic says your crank shaft is shot and you must replace your 300k engine when actually you have a worn camshaft, how do you stop yourself from paying 400k? It is the knowledge that will save you not Honda. How am I sure you didn't scar yourself with a combination of lack of knowledge and a dubious mechanic?
Okay this is it.
I know you will defend Honda regardless, same way I will defend Toyota. Ordinarily Dangote won't dash me a car as I have no business with him. Does this mean I didn't get your narrative? I did, but those that can get me a car will know my choice and they won't buy me what I won't appreciate.
When I bought my DC, it was out of desperation. I was eager to join league of car owners, my bf advised me to chill but i never listened. I bought it and for the first two-four months it was nice until later I started leaving the car with 'Baba KAzeem'. People will tell you to beware of Honda's and their steering ball joints and suspension issues, I didn't even listen until it happened to me hands down. Like how was that even predictable?? How comes everyone knows there is 90% probability of a honda user facing this ish. Do you know the funniest thing? I was blamed for lack of maintenance and then for plying rough roads. Imagine!! I asked some of them why my mom's toyota that I drove for years despite the very rough roads in Osun state didn't experience such ish. Las Las Honda loves using cheap and substandard parts.
And... Would I have opted for 2018 accord over my Camry '13? Nahh. I won't. This is my choice, I even saw some ridiculous offers that were too juicy to be ignored but nah I passed.

Secondly, I must have scarred myself with lack of knowledge and patience, my mechanic didn't contribute to it. He is a trusted person. The ugly thing about the abnormality of Honda cars is, Honda users will blame everyother person but the maker. You will blame the mechanic, the victim, the roads and all and all but you will never blame the maker for packaging a cheap trash as car. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
Openbusiness:

Ooiin, fantabulous cheesy Julynation, because April and May people are natural troublemakers cheesy na joke oh before someone here mentions me with me a "serious angry post" cheesy I won't answer
They are coming for you. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
Vacora:

Please tell them. Smart people drive Lexus another name for reliability.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2020
KINGreignn:

Just shut up!

Imagine the rubbish self indicting speech. I know a lot of Toyota brand new and used that will buy a Mercedes Benz 2x. Also, I know some folks who own Mercedes Benz but always putting 1000- 1500 fuel, always welding the ball joints and linkage arms and buying used tyres and the last time his car engine leaked oil, he couldn't cough 120k to buy an engine and had to park it for over 7months.
Spoken like a true dummy. With this level of low IQ, I shouldn't be talking to you. A Benz owner welding ball joints, putting 1k fuel, buying used tyres, dumped car for 7 months etc are those not clearly an indication of a person that bought something he can't afford aka BROKE PERSON, and all that cutting corners just to meet up still proves my point that BENZ is not for BROKE PEOPLE. But in a bid to hurriedly condemn someone else as a fool, you just made a bigger fool of yourself. Please pray tell, I really want to know, and maybe other people here too will like to know, which Toyota brand new car will buy x2 a Mercedes-Benz brand new car in the same vehicle class. Is it a 2020 Rav4 that will buy two 2020 Benz GLE 350 or a 2020 Landcruiser that will buy two 2020 Benz GLS 63 AMG , or is it a 2020 avalon that will buy two 2020 S65 AMG? Please come prove this your point and if you can't prove it, you need to deactivate your account for this kind of abracadabra lie you're telling. The most expensive Toyota today is the brand new 2020 Land Cruiser VXR V8 costs less than $90k for full options, $90k that cannot even buy one brand new 2017 Benz E63 AMG, mtchewwwwwww! In Nigeria, people are buying brand new toyota's back to back like pure water, but how many people buy brand new Benz? Even the rich people, many of them buy low mileage tokunbo that the price has almost reduced by half already. Brand new 2019 Benz GLS63 AMG (same full-size SUV class with landcruiser) costs over $130k for full options (MSRP specs is $126k). Toyota can buy 2 Benz kee you dia, bloody liar!

5 Likes

Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by psucc(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
colestephan86:

You make me laugh.
Take Benz 190 for example.
The car was made around 1985 and you still see it today. No car was ever made by Toyota that is as reliable and durable as that car in my opinion.
I need that carooooooo.

If you see sound one holla
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by adanny01(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
rationalmind:

This is a rather broad and wrong way to compare individual vehicles. You don't just throw vehicles at each other and compare because they are both mid sized sedans. Some mid-sized sedans are tuned for performance, others towards luxury and comfort.

A more accurate means which is also FAIR is to compare cars with similar drivetrain specs, features, handling, fuel economy, and of course, MRSP.

First of all, put the cars in classes then use drive train specs, handling, economy, MRSP etc to compare and score points. The total gives you a better car.

A Camry is mid sized car, in same class with Accord, Kia optima, Nissan Altima, Mazda 6, Hyundai Sonata, Ford Fusion etc

A Mercedes Benz C class is a Compact Executive car. However, both the mid sized car and compact executive car are of the same large cars. The same class spread to BMW 3series, Volkswagen Passat, Audi A4, Peugeot 407 etc.

If you want to use fuel economy, would you compare a 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera S with a 2019 Toyota Camry XLE if both had a combined 23mpg?
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by maynation(f): 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
psucc:
I need that carooooooo.

If you see sound one holla

Biko. What do you need it for? grin grin

For Uber?? grin
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Openbusiness: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
rationalmind:

No sir, it is not a broad way to compare, neither is it wrong. You compare full-size with full-size, mid-size with mid-size, compact with compact and so on. Just like you compare a 150cl Eva bottle water with a 150 cl Nestlé Bottle water, you compare sachet with sachet, you compare dispenser with dispenser, you compare 3 bedroom flat with 3 bedroom flat. You don't compare with price, 2 bedroom studio apartment in Banana island is more expensive than a 5 bedroom duplex in iyana ipaja, so going by price cannot give you a standard comparison. There's a reason car manufacturers themselves created all those different class for vehicles. You can't be comparing Escalade ESV to Rav4, different class, just like you can't compare under 17 eaglets to Super eagles.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Vacora(m): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You win ....I no fit argue

It doesn't change the realities on ground

Have a blessed working week ahead

Have a great day too fam grin. World is changing, there is a need to get rid certain ideas or we will become prehistoric or extinct. May God bless your hustle so you can buy me the latest Lexus G570 and I will in turn send you a Mercedes Benz G wagon smiley
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
aminusodiq:
nd u ddnt consider d cost of production? Surely, d bottles will cost more hense... Lesser profit??

Bottle can be reused over and over. Thus making them more durable
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Vacora(m): 12:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
Xda59:

Please tell them. Smart people drive Lexus another name for reliability.

My 5th year driving a Lexus. Not a single issue even with high mileage. The Harmon Kardon sound system and other in car tech just inspires me. I even convinced my wife to buy one too so we are a Lexus household on our street.
Re: Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
Who's in Jos here? I mean Benz lover and owner o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / Innoson Produces Trucks For Anambra Vigilante Services (Photos) / 2017 Mercedes GLE450 : The Latest Ride Of Davido, The Review!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.