Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast (29512 Views)

Northern Christian Clergies To Hold One-Million-man Prayer Rally For Tinubu / #NoMoreBloodShed: DSS Invites Zainab Ahmed Over Protests Against Killings / Protest Against Killings By Unknown Gunmen In Imo State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by ChristineC: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
let him keep deceiving himself, prayers my foot.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by goodnessme1(f): 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:
Another man I would have prefered to still be alive is Awolowo, he died too early.

May God punish the manufacturers of the rat killer he drank.
Don't talk like that.

The man that manufactured it is from Aba.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by horsepower102: 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

Ojukwu that is already in hell fire, after sacrificing 3million igbo for his foolishness

Get off my mentions and Go take your psychiatric medicine.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by goodnessme1(f): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
First class idiot.

Posterity will judge you for denying Nigeria the foundation for healthy competition and progress a confederation will have given us.

Anumpama that came to a meeting as crucial as Aburi accord without any official position or proposal. Did he envisage a jamboree? 30,000 lives has been lost and the head of state came to a peace meeting with the aggrieved region unprepared!

Then he will make a 360 degree turn and pass a decree for state creation,which was not agreed between the constituent units of the nation. A decree that is responsible for the current inbalance in our structure. A decree that ensured that the south will find it difficult to have a say in their future without getting permission from the north.

Gowon insulted Nigerians and should apologise for his stupidity.
Yorubas sees him are their hero,hero that kept the one nigeria they are enjoying today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Franking: 11:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Prayers? For what to happen exactly? Things are achieved by hardwork not prayers. Prayers are for lazy people in Africa and Asia.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Makavelli25: 11:18pm On Feb 24, 2020
What a wowww
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Empiree: 11:23pm On Feb 24, 2020
FrLukas:
Rally ain't gonna solve shit and you know it.

You should all go to Aso rock and camp in front of the gate.
this is still rally cheesy
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by joefelin2345: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2020
hybridblood07:
Bros, it was Ojukwu that cleared war....General Gowon tried to make peace but because Ojukwu was a stubborn man and he felt they will defeat Gowon and his men. He forgot Gowon was in power and it's very difficult to defeat an geaf of state who's in charge. It was just a little misunderstandings that led to civil war.
Lastly, they were all young officers trying to taste power at that time. I'm sure they all regret they actions back then
When Nzogu n his cohort woke up one night n murdered key prominent Northerners n westerners I.e. Tafawa Balewa, Sir Ahmadu Bello, Chief S.L Akintola, Brig. Samuel Ademulegun, Col Ralph Sodeinde, Brig Mamlari, Col. Pam etc n left all Easterners viz Dr Nmamdi Azikwe, Dr Okpara, Chief Denis Osadebe etc what did you expect? When some Igbos were rejoicing over the death of these prominent men, what did you expect? When Isaac Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic what did Ojukwu n Ironsi do? Was he not arrested n condemned to death in a jiffy? I deeply sympathized with the death n suffering of innocent Easterners as well as soldiers that died or wounded or maimed on both sides of the conflict. I saw many of them at Oji River in the late 1970s n I shed tears. If not for anything it is the blood of these innocent ones that has been troubling Nigeria n not those of Ojukwu who has the opportunity to avoif or call of the war at tbr early stage as soon as Nsukka war front was lost. I equally recalled the shooting of Col. Victor Banjo, Col Ifeajuna, Mr Agbam n one other person that were cruelly murdered in Enugu in 1967 shortly before the fall of that city. Were they not branded saboteurs simply because they saw the futility of the war at very early stage of the war. When Ojukwu finally returned to Nigeria in 1983 or there about, did he not abandoned NPP (the party in power in SE then) to join NPN for selfish reasons. Let's therefore not blame Gowon much but those who started the whole imbroglio. If they were not partial in the killing during the first military coup in 1966, there would probably not be counter coup in July 1966 n no civil war of 1967. I stand to be corrected pls.

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by BruncleZuma: 11:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
Yakubu Gowon, Buhari, Abdulsalam, Shagari, Goodluck in no particular order. These are the most luckiest dumbest bleeps in the history of power. I’m open to arguments.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by GGirll: 11:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
mamaafrik:
Gowon,Danjuma,obj,IBB ,it won't be well with their souls

You forgot awolowo,Bubu n abacha....
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by harakiri(m): 11:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mr Gowon,

I was still a toddler when you were in power. That being said, you the so called "northern elders" are the problem. Almajiri is not a bad thing so long as you have skills to get you through in live. You elders send your kids to Harvard to get the best enlightenment meanwhile you emasculate to ignorant poor to marry several wives, have dozens of children they can't cater for who end up in the almajiri caste (sorry) school system. It's common knowledge that to control the masses, you must keep them poor but you guys have gone too far.

Your jobless almajiri are today's robbers,kidnappers, boko haram,iswap etc and you ppl keep defending them. When they kill all your grandchildren and rape your daughters you will know.

Rather than pray, use all those NNPC allocation oil money largesse to help them. What are you still doing in the corridors of power? Your generation said my generation are the leaders of tomorrow. Today you ilk is still there blocking us and installing your kids as stooges.

I don't lean on black magic but if I curse you, IBB,OBJ, etc You will all see your gods before 2020 ends.

Animals. Beasts. Fela was right.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
Idiotss

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by GGirll: 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
joefelin2345:
When Nzogu n his cohort woke up one night n murdered key prominent Northerners n westerners I.e. Tafawa Balewa, Sir Ahmadu Bello, Chief S.L Akintola, Brig. Samuel Ademulegun, Col Ralph Sodeinde, Brig Mamlari, Col. Pam etc n left all Easterners viz Dr Nmamdi Azikwe, Dr Okpara, Chief Denis Osadebe etc what did you expect? When some Igbos were rejoicing over the death of these prominent men, what did you expect? When Isaac Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic what did Ojukwu n Ironsi do? Was he not arrested n condemned to death in a jiffy? I deeply sympathized with the death n suffering of innocent Easterners as well as soldiers that died or wounded or maimed on both sides of the conflict. I saw many of them at Oji River in the late 1970s n I shed tears. If not for anything it is the blood of these innocent ones that has been troubling Nigeria n not those of Ojukwu who has the opportunity to avoif or call of the war at tbr early stage as soon as Nsukka war front was lost. I equally recalled the shooting of Col. Victor Banjo, Col Ifeajuna, Mr Agbam n one other person that were cruelly murdered in Enugu in 1967 shortly before the fall of that city. Were they not branded saboteurs simply because they saw the futility of the war at very early stage of the war. When Ojukwu finally returned to Nigeria in 1983 or there about, did he not abandoned NPP (the party in power in SE then) to join NPN for selfish reasons. Let's therefore not blame Gowon much but those who started the whole imbroglio. If they were not partial in the killing during the first military coup in 1966, there would probably not be counter coup in July 1966 n no civil war of 1967. I stand to be corrected pls.

Pls nzogwu is delta agbo precisely so remove my SE n replace with SS

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by sulasa07(m): 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mandelus:
Ok almajiri should be modernized grin
Yakubu gowon is not A Muslim
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
[[s]quote author=hybridblood07 post=86930034]Bros, it was Ojukwu that cleared war....General Gowon tried to make peace but because Ojukwu was a stubborn man and he felt they will defeat Gowon and his men. He forgot Gowon was in power and it's very difficult to defeat an geaf of state who's in charge. It was just a little misunderstandings that led to civil war.
Lastly, they were all young officers trying to taste power at that time. I'm sure they all regret they actions back then[/quote][/s]

Shut it!

When and where did Ojukwu declare war? Go read your history.

After d counter coup, the killing of Igbos continued leading to mass return of maimed Igbos to Eastern Nigeria. Ojukwu kept advising Gowon to stop the progrom against igbos but all fell to a deaf ear.

To make peace, a meeting was called in Aburi Ghana where agreement was reached by both parties, signed and agreed that upon returning to Nigeria Gowon will implement it. Majorly restructuring

The Fool returned and was misadvised not to honour the agreement. Rather he started creating states to weaken the Eastern region. This prompted Ojukwu to insist on Aburi accord. Since Gowon renegade on the agreement, Ojukwu carved Eastern Nigeria out of Nigeria, this led Gowon to declare police action which later result to war.

The first shot was fired by Nigerian forces at Gaikem Calabar.

Tell me how Ojukwu declared war here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Antivirus92(m): 11:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
joefelin2345:
talking like a mentally deranged man, ojukwu was the governor of the eastern region and not head of state. He was not part of the coup and never supported the coup.
it's like saying , fulani herdsmen are killing innocent people in nigeria , what did the governor of lagos do,
for goodness sake, it's a national issue and should be handled by the president and not state governor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
joefelin2345:

Yorubas are quick to tag the revolution Igbo coup. Forgetting that one of the 5 Majors was a Yoruba

Good and fine, the coup was thwarted by some of those involved, but it was still the same Ojukwu that made sure Nzeogwu did not succeed. If it was Igbo coup, how come Ojukwu made sure d coup failed?

In retaliation, the counter coup got nothing to do with civilians. It was military stuff. Why were innocent igbos massacred all over Nigeria and Gowon did nothing to stop it after Ironsi was killed?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by duncun: 12:12am On Feb 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by staga: 12:15am On Feb 25, 2020
The evils this man did is pursuing him into old age. He will be alive well into his 90s to continue to face his conscience and the blood of 3million people he had killed in order to keep this joke of a country together.

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by staga: 12:16am On Feb 25, 2020
joefelin2345:

Why not round up the military people behind it? What did all the civilians killed on all sides have to do with military affair?

Same military are the ones sharing defence budgets and civilians are the ones being killed by Boko Haram.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by flokii: 12:27am On Feb 25, 2020
I once heard a mentally challenged man at Jibowu that year analyze this insurgency issue.. according to him, the Bokoharam etc. are like cancer which if not properly dealt with will kill the North and eventually Nigeria.

I was in shock for a bit cos it made sense to me. That's over 7 years back

3 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by FX(m): 12:31am On Feb 25, 2020
I think he is praying to the devil. The son of devil also prays. Wonders shall never end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by FX(m): 12:33am On Feb 25, 2020
This man should be tried for war crimes immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Omoslim26: 12:58am On Feb 25, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Yorubas are quick to tag the revolution Igbo coup. Forgetting that one of the 5 Majors was a Yoruba

Good and fine, the coup was thwarted by some of those involved, but it was still the same Ojukwu that made sure Nzeogwu did not succeed. If it was Igbo coup, how come Ojukwu made sure d coup failed?

In retaliation, the counter coup got nothing to do with civilians. It was military stuff. Why were innocent igbos massacred all over Nigeria and Gowon did nothing to stop it after Ironsi was killed?

that's the biggest mistake that will continue to hunt down the north

it was a military palaver why slaughter unarmed civilians

I have a feeling the north will suffer for that fiendish display of wickedness for a very very long time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by hybridblood07(m): 1:00am On Feb 25, 2020
I would advise you to meet one of the soldiers who fought during the civil war, then they will explain better to your own understanding.
Goodnight sir
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
[[s]quote author=hybridblood07 post=86930034]Bros, it was Ojukwu that cleared war....General Gowon tried to make peace but because Ojukwu was a stubborn man and he felt they will defeat Gowon and his men. He forgot Gowon was in power and it's very difficult to defeat an geaf of state who's in charge. It was just a little misunderstandings that led to civil war.
Lastly, they were all young officers trying to taste power at that time. I'm sure they all regret they actions back then[/s]

Shut it!

When and where did Ojukwu declare war? Go read your history.

After d counter coup, the killing of Igbos continued leading to mass return of maimed Igbos to Eastern Nigeria. Ojukwu kept advising Gowon to stop the progrom against igbos but all fell to a deaf ear.

To make peace, a meeting was called in Aburi Ghana where agreement was reached by both parties, signed and agreed that upon returning to Nigeria Gowon will implement it. Majorly restructuring

The Fool returned and was misadvised not to honour the agreement. Rather he started creating states to weaken the Eastern region. This prompted Ojukwu to insist on Aburi accord. Since Gowon renegade on the agreement, Ojukwu carved Eastern Nigeria out of Nigeria, this led Gowon to declare police action which later result to war.

The first shot was fired by Nigerian forces at Gaikem Calabar.

Tell me how Ojukwu declared war here.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by mamaafrik(m): 1:27am On Feb 25, 2020
GGirll:

You forgot awolowo,Bubu n abacha....
Awo's positive impact at the South West and middle belt would not allow his name included.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by urchman3000(m): 1:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Karma, is real.

Welcome Gowon

To One Nigeria

Hahahahahahaha. Stupid man
Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by majamajic(m): 2:16am On Feb 25, 2020
joefelin2345:

U are beating around the bush sir !!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Nadio2019: 2:28am On Feb 25, 2020
Simplebeauty:
grin

Naija matter na only God fit help us

Tell your friend to tell a friend that I give cheap loans

Ha ha ha.

Mr Loan.

I just told my friend about you, but she doesn't know where to corner you.

Re: Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast by Enculer2: 3:18am On Feb 25, 2020
Gowon the evil terrrorist was used by his fulani masters to commit genocide. He is now licking their balls by calling for prayers.

God will not answer the prayer of evil.men.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Returns From Mecca, Spotted In Daura For Sallah Celebration. Photos / 'Buhari Is Lifeless': Presidency, US Embassy Silent On Trump's Comment / Taking The Buhari/Jubril Story Seriously By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.