Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,767 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

This Beauty Is A Curse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Beauty Is A Curse (6672 Views)

Guys Rate This Beauty / ‘my Beauty Is A Curse, It Drives Men Away’ – Lady Laments / GODAMMN Check Out This Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Beauty Is A Curse by sacajawea: 5:40am On Feb 27, 2020
Sorry, I will be Back for a more Sensible Update

2 Likes

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by QwarkdFerengi(m): 5:58am On Feb 27, 2020
It happens to everyone. There might be instances where you've seen someone and got a wrong impression about them. Just be yourself. Don't argue or fight with them. Always be friendly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 6:06am On Feb 27, 2020
@Op What's with the female Shoshone Native American moniker?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by sacajawea: 6:18am On Feb 27, 2020
khiaa:
@Op What's with the female Shoshone Native American moniker?
Lol nothing, I Just like the Sound of the Name.
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:
I have never really thought about it until recently, but Apparently i am a Very attractive person. Effortlessly Handsome, lovely Facial features, Good frame.
The Charisma, Charm, swagger is Simple and Flows Naturally like a River
I noticed that since i was a boy, People have always been attracted to me. everywhere i found myself, anywhere at all, Noraml regular People really, really like. I get Crushes from the young and the Old, Single and Married, WTH!
Say when i was in School, 60% of Ladies are already attracted to me.
I noticed recently that one poor female beggar in my area is attracted to me, i would never jave known of not for some crazy way like that i found out. I Know that if I had the Power to read minds there are so many more like that.
The extra Plus to my Beauty is that i am very simple, down-to-earth, and have above average intelligence (at least by the Nigerian standard), I am not the player/womanizing type at all. When some ladies sense this the Crush turns to a Genuine likeness.
But living in a bad place like nigeria, where people are insecure and the overwhelming majority of the guys are average at best, it comes with a lot of hate from the men, and women too. When i put one and two together, i now understand why people act the way they do towards me. So many insecure, stupid, Jealous people.
for the most part, i Can say this beauty is a curse.
On the inside, i am a damaged person a very damaged person, but many don't have the slightest idea. smh
Pls stop Judging people by their looks.

2 Likes

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 6:21am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:

Lol nothing, I Just like the Sound of the Name.
Do you know who she was?
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by sacajawea: 6:34am On Feb 27, 2020
khiaa:

Do you know who she was?
lol, Yes I do
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by internationalman(m): 6:36am On Feb 27, 2020
As for us the handsome guys we only attract ugly girls because fine girls are naturally angry with us and think we are players..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 6:37am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:

lol, Yes

Where did you learn about her?
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by sacajawea: 6:43am On Feb 27, 2020
khiaa:

Where did you learn about her?
LMAO na wa oh, see interview
Ok let me answer you *clears throat*
the first time i knew about her was from a Studio C Skit on YouTube, then i think i just went on to do more research about her. She was a Great woman smiley
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by sacajawea: 6:47am On Feb 27, 2020
internationalman:
As for us the handsome guys we only attract ugly girls because fine girls are naturally angry with us and think we are players..
i don't really get what you are talking about. But you - and everyone reading this - should note this, never let "beauty" be a factor in anything you are doing, Never! true beauty is on the inside.
In this day and age, An "Ugly" person can be made to be beautiful and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:

LMAO na wa oh, see interview
Ok let me answer you *clears throat*
the first time i knew about her was from a Studio C Skit on YouTube, then i think i just went on to do more research about her. She was a Great woman smiley

Sacagawea/Sacajawea was a 16 year old Shoshone princes who made the mistake of helping Lewis and Clark/Whites steal more land on Turtle Island (U.S original name)from her people and mine as well. She was a heroine to the whites but not to Native Americans.

1 Like

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by internationalman(m): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:

i don't really get what you are talking about. But you - and everyone reading this - should note this, never let "beauty" be a factor in anything you are doing, Never! true beauty is on the inside.
on this day and age, An "Ugly" person can be made to be beautiful and vice versa.

If you are physically ugly there's nothing like beauty on the inside.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by XhosaNostra(f): 7:26am On Feb 27, 2020
Lol, this actually reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend recently. This is someone I've been friends with since preschool.

1st let me explain that I don't have "miracle beauty" like you supposedly have grin I'm cute at best, but I've always had this ability to charm ever since I was very little. Some people tend to like me to the point of obsession. Which brings me back to the conversation I had with my childhood friend. Her mother was obsessed with me to the point where it enraged my own mother. My mother found it weird. She thought that maybe the lady is a nutcase or a paedophile. There were some jealousy issues there on both sides lol. Anyway, this woman has 3 daughters of her own. One is 7 years older than myself, another one the same age (my friend) & the youngest is about 3 years younger, if I'm not mistaken. However, when their mother bought things for them (& for me too), she'd set the "prettiest one" aside for me (so my friend thought) & this in turn made her (my friend) to be a little jealous of me. She just admitted this recently. Apparently it has been eating her up all these years & made her a little resentful towards me, she admitted. I had no idea she felt this way & honestly, I felt guilty that she felt she was in competition with me for her mother's love. I was young then so I couldn't read people the way I can now. But I'm a big girl now, so I tend to water down certain qualities about myself, so I don't come across too irresistible to some people. LMFAO. That sounded conceited, but that's exactly how it seems sometimes. Because like I said, it happens quite a lot. Sometimes it gets scary, especially in the case where it's some crazy guy with the fascination.

So yeah, we all have these wonderful qualities that can seem like a curse at times because they either create enemies for us or make others feel inferior.

4 Likes

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:
Lol, this actually reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend recently. This is someone I've been friends with since preschool.

1st let me explain that I don't have "miracle beauty" like you supposedly have grin I'm cute at best, but I've always had this ability to charm ever since I was very little. Some people tend to like me to the point of obsession. Which brings me back to the conversation I had with my childhood friend. Her mother was obsessed with me to the point where it enraged my own mother. My mother found it weird. She thought that maybe the lady is a nutcase or a paedophile. There were some jealousy issues there on both sides lol. Anyway, this woman has 3 daughters of her own. One is 7 years older than myself, another one the same age (my friend) & the youngest is about 3 years younger, if I'm not mistaken. However, when their mother bought things for them (& for me too), she'd set the "prettiest one" aside for me (so my friend thought) & this in turn made her (my friend) to be a little jealous of me. She just admitted this recently. Apparently it has been eating her up all these years & made her a little resentful towards me, she admitted. I had no idea she felt this way & honestly, I felt guilty that she felt she was in competition with me for her mother's love. I was young then so I couldn't read people the way I can now. But I'm a big girl now, so I tend to water down certain qualities about myself, so I don't come across too irresistible to some people. LMFAO. That sounded conceited, but that's exactly how it seems sometimes. Because like I said, it happens quite a lot. Sometimes it gets scary, especially in the case where it's some crazy guy with the fascination.

So yeah, we all have these wonderful qualities that can seem like a curse at times because they either create enemies for us or make others feel inferior.
you had to make yday feel like a one night stand, not fair... now I'm becoming that crazy guy with the fascination

eish wena

1 Like

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by XhosaNostra(f): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2020
biGDhAp:

you had to make yday feel like a one night stand, not fair... now I'm becoming that crazy guy with the fascination

eish wena

Lol. How are you this morning? smiley
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2020
khiaa:

Sacagawea/Sacajawea was a 16 year old Shoshone princes who made the mistake of helping Lewis and Clark/Whites steal more land on Turtle Island (U.S)from her people and mine as well. She was a heroine to the whites but not to Native Americans.

.. who are your people?
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by SenecaTheYonger: 8:09am On Feb 27, 2020
sacajawea:
majority of the guys are average at best

NooOooooOOOOOOo!!!! HOW DARE YOU BE HANDSOME IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! YOU'RE TAKING ALL THE WOMEN

NOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Lol. How are you this morning? smiley
.. like I'm having an obsession.. you ?
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by XhosaNostra(f): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. like I'm having an obsession.. you ?

Stahp grin

Well, I hope you had a good night sleep smiley
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Stahp grin

Well, I hope you had a good night sleep smiley
.. I did.. thanks to the imagination of yday romantic session lol .. did you?
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by XhosaNostra(f): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. I did.. thanks to the imagination of yday romantic session lol .. did you?

Yeah I did, thanks for asking.
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 27, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Yeah I did, thanks for asking.
great..

1 Like

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Beauty is always a double edged sword.

People just like you for no other reason but that you are pleasing to the senses., They judge you less harshly than others.

They don't expect too much from you personality-wise because your beauty apparently makes up for the lack of personality.

This is the same reason I choose to have both beautiful and not so beautiful friends. They both know that with me, first impression matters, but character is more Important. Every time I see extra beautiful people especially women, I have to remind myself, that

1. He /she is also person, the same rule applies.

2. Compliment them once, only and tell them you will never repeat the compliment again. So use it sparingly

3. Friendzone their looks. This helps me treat them equally. If you Know someone for a long time, their looks begin to blur and seem normal to you, whether she's Duckie Thot or Bella Hadid. George Clooney or Idris Elba.

4. Make friends with plainer looking people too. So that they see that they are people too.

5. Overcome the urge to be jealous of their pretty privilege. This ruins things. A lot.

6 Likes

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by fattprince(m): 8:41am On Feb 27, 2020
To be honest I find myself in your situation. It's like you are describing me that I had to check the moniker to be sure it's not me who wrote this. The only difference is that I don't think I'm overly handsome I have to conclude that I'm just uniquely handsome, because I have people who have called me ugly but people that has insinuated that I'm handsome is so much. From the cloth seller that just called me "fine boy" without advertising to me. To the beggar woman who called me "Arewa" 2 actually at different time. The first made me excited that's was the first time I would be called beautiful in my language. To the old cleaner that was just looking at me then telling me to my face that I'm very handsome. God, she was like "mummy nko" I said won wa. Then after staring at me for a moment she said "wo bo se fine" I was embarrassed to be truthful. Then the girls that will jokingly say they are pregnant for me. Jokingly cos I never had sex with them. With all this I'm still single and damaged. I'm good in the inside too, Just like you so people wouldn't hate me. But reading this made me happy. I guess it happens to make the world balance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2020
biGDhAp:
.. who are your people?

My grandma is from the Seminole and Sioux tribes of Native Americans.
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by khiaa(f): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

NooOooooOOOOOOo!!!! HOW DARE YOU BE HANDSOME IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! YOU'RE TAKING ALL THE WOMEN

NOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Hmm!! Another member with a Native American moniker.
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2020
grin

SenecaTheYonger:

NOOOOÒOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
lmao!
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2020
khiaa:

My grandma is from the Seminole and Sioux tribes of Native Americans.
are there blacks native Americans.. I thought native American are the red Indians
Re: This Beauty Is A Curse by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2020
fattprince:
To be honest I find myself in your situation. It's like you are describing me that I had to check the moniker to be sure it's not me who wrote this. The only difference is that I don't think I'm overly handsome I have to conclude that I'm just uniquely handsome, because I have people who have called me ugly but people that has insinuated that I'm handsome is so much. From the cloth seller that just called me "fine boy" without advertising to me. To the beggar woman who called me "Arewa" 2 actually at different time. The first made me excited that's was the first time I would be called beautiful in my language. To the old cleaner that was just looking at me then telling me to my face that I'm very handsome. God, she was like "mummy nko" I said won wa. Then after staring at me for a moment she said "wo bo se fine" I was embarrassed to be truthful. Then the girls that will jokingly say they are pregnant for me. Jokingly cos I never had sex with them. With all this I'm still single and damaged. I'm good in the inside too, Just like you so people wouldn't hate me. But reading this made me happy. I guess it happens to make the world balance
lol at the cloth seller Calling you 'fine boy' .. that word is part of their marketing strategy na ..na everybody be fine boy for their face oo. .. mafo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Uncle's Husband Has Been Touching My Butt / Dear Ladies You Ain't Looking Sexy In Those Bum Shorts / When I Saw This Pics....i Had To Take Serious Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.