Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,045 members, 7,828,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s (12117 Views)

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics / Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion / Okorocha Was Worth N50billion Before He Became Governor - Onwuasoanya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Coldie(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
If anybody knows how fvcked up Africa is as a Continent you would be happy u are a Nigerian and continue praying for it.
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by itsme01: 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ikinternational:

Wtf? Who gives a fuvck about your travel.
I know local Nigerian girls with stamped passports that couldn't dash me 50k

I'm talking tangible achievements. Be it academic or assets.

Too many guys that share flats at ajegunle be on nairaland talking nonsense.

Btw, you didn't share anything. Still just talking

My education expensive shit your pops cant afford, private from Nursery to Uni , MSC inview , if any of my alma mater, Alumnus is what you and your father can afford even decades after then lets chest beat, lets see how poor you and your pops are

and again if you have your tax clearance certificate lets post that so we can show your pops shouldn't even argue with my boy
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Okogopo: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

My education expensive shit your pops cant afford, private from Nursery to Uni , MSC inview , if any of my alma mater, Alumnus is what you and your father can afford even decades after then lets chest beat, lets see how poor you and your pops are

and again if you have your tax clearance certificate lets post that so we can show your pops shouldn't even argue with my boy
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by mrvitalis(m): 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Coldie:

I said Nigeria hasn't understood it. We are yet to attain self sufficiency in the production of such, battery is not like rice, mistakes can have consequences.

What concerns curtex and your point which says igbos dominate wire manufacturing. Is it the same thing?

With this kind of your thinking that to you your lies must be accepted by others even when its not correct, and unacceptable. Be rest assured that you will cause war in Igbo land because of that attitude if Biafra ever comes.

How u go just dae lie for public forum like this, I no be Afonja or Ab0ki na wetin make e dae vex me more, no go give people false hope
Curtex is an Igbo company ...the company is the largest wire company in Nigeria ...their are other Igbo wire companies and they have more than enough capacity to meet the nigerian wire market Curtex export wires from Nigeria

Nigeria export battery and yet u think u don't have the capacity ...Igbo's understand many manufacturing industry and can meet Nigerian demand if supported

Asking for Biafra is not a request for war ...we are asking for peaceful disintegration ....we want to control our destiny ,we want a country where merit would be supreme ,not have a chief judge who can't explain technicality

We want a school system where merit is supreme

We want a just justice system so that people like hope won't have anything to do we governorship

We want to govern ourselves is that too much to ask ....where have Igbo said we would be enemies with our neighbors if we get Biafra

Nothing can be worst than Nigeria ...nothing

2 Likes

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by coolitempa(f): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
Stupeed lying thread ....by the inferiority ridden clowns of the sad beasts..... grin
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Coldie(m): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

Curtex is an Igbo company ...the company is the largest wire company in Nigeria ...their are other Igbo wire companies and they have more than enough capacity to meet the nigerian wire market Curtex export wires from Nigeria

Nigeria export battery and yet u think u don't have the capacity ...Igbo's understand many manufacturing industry and can meet Nigerian demand if supported

Asking for Biafra is not a request for war ...we are asking for peaceful disintegration ....we want to control our destiny ,we want a country where merit would be supreme ,not have a chief judge who can't explain technicality

We want a school system where merit is supreme

We want a just justice system so that people like hope won't have anything to do we governorship

We want to govern ourselves is that too much to ask ....where have Igbo said we would be enemies with our neighbors if we get Biafra

Nothing can be worst than Nigeria ...nothing
It seems I am wasting my time.

Well Goodluck with Biafra, but FYI I WOULD RATHER FIGHT ANOTHER CIVIL WAR THAN LET ANY PART OF IGBO LAND SECCEED.

ITS NOT NEGOTIABLE
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Dpaulie(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ikinternational:

You people really believe this igbo presidency thing is some type of carrot. Oya keep dangling. The average igbo man will continue to not give a fuvck
Personal achievements will always matter more to us. N shall remain the focus. And some of you will continue to not understand

Everytime I'm at MMA, before I can even make it to my vehicle, I've already dashed out 10k to people approaching me. N none of them are of igbo ethnicity
Read into that whatever you wish
Guy no one is dragging anything with u here, I’m too big for that, I’m just telling u what’s really common with u people, everybody has his own negative side though
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by mrvitalis(m): 9:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Coldie:

It seems I am wasting my time.

Well Goodluck with Biafra, but FYI I WOULD RATHER FIGHT ANOTHER CIVIL WAR THAN LET ANY PART OF IGBO LAND SECCEED.

ITS NOT NEGOTIABLE

Lol Nigeria put together can't do shit ....when we Igbo's are ready nothing can stop us

U hate a people , u swear they would never rule yet won't allow them leave ,

U think we are not planing for it ? .....lol relax ...hitting sultans palace would be child's play ....there are lead reserve everywhere in Igbo land ...we lost the first war firstly because of the betrayal of south south , and lack of bullet ....that can't happen again

Manufacturing is super easy ....its done a over Igbo land
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Coldie(m): 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol Nigeria put together can't do shit ....when we Igbo's are ready nothing can stop us

U hate a people , u swear they would never rule yet won't allow them leave ,

I am Igbo. Nobody hates us, its just the victim mentality that's still disturbing a lot of us. Nothing comes easy.

Rule or not we igbos ain't going anywhere.
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by mrvitalis(m): 9:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
Coldie:

I am Igbo. Nobody hates us, its just the victim mentality that's still disturbing a lot of us. Nothing comes easy.

Rule or not we igbos ain't going anywhere.
Swear by your children that u Igbo or keep shut
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Coldie(m): 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

Swear by your children that u Igbo or keep shut
Swear by your children that am not Igbo or keep shut
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by judgementyard(m): 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
UmuEri:
MEET FIRST NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE WHO WAS WORTH OVER $4 BILLION IN 1950s

Not many people knew about Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, but a greater number of people knew his son, Late Chief Emeka Odumegwu Ojukwu .

Sir Louis odumegwu ojukwu , the first-ever recorded Nigerian Billionaire. He was considered the wealthiest person in Nigeria and Africa as at that time. His Net-Worth calculated to be Over 4 billion dollars as of 1950s.

He was the founder of ojukwu Transport, Ojukwu stores, and Ojukwu Textiles. He was the first and founding president and of the Nigerian Stock exchange Market. He was also the chairman of the board of many profitable companies in Nigeria then such as shell oil company, Guinness Nigeria limited.

He started his professional career at the agricultural department before leaving to join John Holt as a Tyre sales clerk before diversifying into the textile and transport sector exhibiting the entrepreneurial spirit of the South East.

He was also reportedly the first Nigerian Billionaire man to own a Mercedes Benz in all of Nigeria then. Starting as a low-level employee to a billionaire shows that hard work, focus and determination pay off. It was also reported that his rolls Royce was used to carry the queen of England on her first visit to Nigeria, he was the only African man that own a limousine.

The record of his Net-Worth at a time was not able to be calculated, becasue he was into real estate and owns up to 70% of landed properties in Lagos.

proudly NNEWI.

1 Like

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by XANDERBOY85: 9:34pm On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

Dude, fuc/k off from this thread together with your cosseted, over-pampered ass! I know your type quite well: most likely the spawn of a quota-system enabled politician or gov’t contractor that owes his existence to ‘one Nigeria’ and its warped political-economy! Is it any wonder you travel aimlessly all over the globe, clocking up air miles like a philanderer has notches on his bed-post for all his conquests in bed! Your vociferous support for the status-quo now makes sense!
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Okogopo: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
since you pushed for it twice, let share instagram account and if anybody in your family especially you and your father had travelled extensively ( 3 continents ) as I have then keep running your mouth if not you should pigly keep silent, like an opportuned pauper that wanna brag

so shall we

PS: if any of your family living or dead matches my ethihad frequent flyer millage then ask for what ever you want and its on me
[/s]
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Okogopo: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

Always knew Igbos are dunce paupers look pal, the airport cleaners are far reacher than poor ibo visa overstaying mugu that thinks less than $30 tip is worth celebrating, even travelex agents get more tips than that on a good day

I pray poverty dies in your life
[/s]
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Ikinternational: 9:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:

I still haven't seen anything. Just words
Maybe I missed it. Lemme scroll again..hold on

This fool is talking to an igbo man about travel
Literally lol

My grandfather that sent his boys to London during war? My father that sent his four kids to US?
That family can't afford your private school fees? lol

You're no match for my sisters self. Much less their big brother. But keep TALKING

1 Like

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Ikinternational: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
Coldie:

Which one is personnal achievements would always matter more to us.

Speak for yourself not for the igbo race, or for us who have intentions of leading our people in the right paths.

Its people like you with your personal achievement mantra that will be the only rich man in poor village and you see nothing wrong with it.

Me as an igbo man and a one day igbo leader with intention to sanitize the image of ohaneze the fact that igbo youths are leaving igbo land indroves for a better life in wherever outside igbo every now and then pains me, but to you its a good thing. I see nothing wrong with migration but I see everything wrong with mass migration.

Majority of igbo population is in diaspora, that's very wrong to me, most have lost there igboness, they have forgotten who they are.

Saying igbos are individualsistic is very wrong we are our brothers keepers. I can't be the only rich man in a community and be happy

Point taken. But nobody has time to waste waiting on Nigeria to get right. Life is about survival

Don't forget there are two types; those that said F Nigeria n not looking back, and those that have ongoing investments n still come back for occasions n holidays. I'm in the latter category.

My biggest regret is how much money I pured into Abuja. But I've learned from that mistake. My newest investments have been Akwa, Asaba, n Owerri

1 Like

Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by osites(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
itsme01:
cool

See flat head oo lol.. Everyone knows Dantata ruled the 40s and 50s, but anybody is free to write any trash without source to boost low self esteem

the dull O.P silently disregard this part of the article he posted

" Regarded as the richest man in the British West African colonies, in 1929, Dantata deposited 20-camel-loads of silver coins in the newly opened Kano branch of Bank of West Africa "

these is the full article and Dantata was clearly called the richest, dishonest people cant even post the real article, this is why we don't trust them with our Aso Rock

https://punchng.com/old-money-10-super-rich-men-of-independence-era/

Did you even read your own link to the end?? Or the part that confirmed what the "Igbo" said.... �
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Elimon(m): 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
itsme01:

shut up... they are quick to yarn dust but cant take it, while they cowardly say they are not Ibos, who cares what you are
I respect your hate man
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2020
Bethel4Life:
Hhmm this thread is gonna be hot oo
ur mumu 4 nairaland no be today e start. mumu pikin. i go slap sense into ur empty brain. irritant. number 2 Nairaland mumu
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2020
Some people on NL curse but the truth is that the guy is far better than many guys in NL. Just look at the bigotry and tribal slur on one thread tufia if I make a forum I will first assess the person. I know the mods are gaining from this trash that is why they can never do anything to stop it.
Re: Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s by Sergio101(m): 10:00am On Jun 03, 2023
The war cost us many things.

Imagine a great dynasty Ojukwu's would have formed (with thier already made wealth).

Like Dantata formed Dangote.

Ya diba!! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mimiko, Nwayanwu Fault Video Clips On NGF Election / Anambra, Enugu Speakers Reject Cattle Grazing Bill / 2023: Nobody Can Match Tinubu Candidacy – Ogun Monarchs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.