Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics (17091 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu: I Am The Most Prepared Presidential Candidate In Nigeria (Video) / Orji Kalu: I Spoke All Night With Governor Wike; We Need Him In APC / Orji Kalu: I Can Bring Nnamdi Kanu Back To Nigeria, Convince Him To End Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Metrix147: 12:12pm On Jan 30
Senator representing Abia North, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has said he left at least $4bn balance sheet generated from his companies in 1998 before joining politics, saying he didn't start life as a politician but businessman.

The former Abia governor said before 1998, he built business entities, particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others.

In a social media post, Sen. Kalu said he had enough resources to fund his former party the PDP, when he joined politics in 1998.

He said, "I built several entities (businesses particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others), and in 1998,  I left more than a $4 Billion balance sheet in my companies before venturing into politics".

He wondered why people like him are expected to be penniless while those who have done next to nothing parade themselves as achievers.

He noted further, "In 1998, I used my resources to fund the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), my former party, and certain personalities. I built several entities (businesses particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others).

"Today, those who have done next to nothing in the private sector are the ones parading themselves as achievers and saints. Whereas the real face of the organized private sector and other accomplished personalities like myself who have worked tirelessly and multiplied investments are expected to be penniless.

"Even though I have had my ups and downs, the fact is that I didn't start life as a politician. I am a businessman, a  capitalist with a human face."
Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-left-4-billion-balance-sheet-in-my-companies-in-1998-before-joining-politics-kalu/

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by dabonny(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30
Metrix147:
Senator representing Abia North, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has said he left at least $4bn balance sheet generated from his companies in 1998 before joining politics, saying he didn't start life as a politician but businessman.

The former Abia governor said before 1998, he built business entities, particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others.

In a social media post, Sen. Kalu said he had enough resources to fund his former party the PDP, when he joined politics in 1998.

He said, "I built several entities (businesses particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others), and in 1998,  I left more than a $4 Billion balance sheet in my companies before venturing into politics".

He wondered why people like him are expected to be penniless while those who have done next to nothing parade themselves as achievers.

He noted further, "In 1998, I used my resources to fund the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), my former party, and certain personalities. I built several entities (businesses particularly in the media, oil, and gas sector, shipping, airlines, and others).

"Today, those who have done next to nothing in the private sector are the ones parading themselves as achievers and saints. Whereas the real face of the organized private sector and other accomplished personalities like myself who have worked tirelessly and multiplied investments are expected to be penniless.

"Even though I have had my ups and downs, the fact is that I didn't start life as a politician. I am a businessman, a  capitalist with a human face."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/i-left-4-billion-balance-sheet-in-my-companies-in-1998-before-joining-politics-kalu/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J,

Self righteousness!!!

A time is coming when all these lies would not be tenable

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by money121(m): 12:37pm On Jan 30
Politic dirty Game

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by slaawomirr: 12:37pm On Jan 30
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by inoki247: 12:37pm On Jan 30
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 12:37pm On Jan 30
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.

He was a good Governor too but didn’t major on Infrastructure. Orji Kalu paid 13th month atimes as Christmas bonus.

Kalu wey dey give 10k to women in Abia civil service for August Meeting wrapper every August. As in 10k between 1999-2007.

He did not owe workers

Man was a good governor for "Nigerian standards"

Under his watch Enyimba became the Champions of Africa twice.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by allthingsgood: 12:38pm On Jan 30
HAHAHA Ole!!

Which business did u do in naija that gave u $4Billion

Oloriburuku

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Dankovich1: 12:38pm On Jan 30
OUK might be right in what he said.

From stories my dad shared with me years back, I learnt that he was a big time business guru and was successful in all his enterprise.

But the $4B still loud shaa...

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by IgnobleJay: 12:38pm On Jan 30
Zealot s67 bass speakers 🔊

60 watts , Tf Card , aux , Bluetooth.

40 hours playtime

Payment on delivery 📦 🚚 Nationwide via GiG logistics !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by FarmPlanetNG: 12:38pm On Jan 30
And you did not enter Forbes list since 1998 till now. Dey deceive yourself dey go. If not for God's help, you totally ruined Abia in a way that the state hasnt recovered in 20 years, yet you have the confidence to state nonsense.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Elemosho478: 12:38pm On Jan 30
And where are the companies today ?

Companies worth that much in those times shouldn't be ghost companies.

Even the biggest banks in Nigeria and popular companies and corporations in Nigeria don't worth that much and if you were really in charge of companies controlling billion dollars you would never venture into politics lol because you were already bigger than money from politics, it is not like you have achieved something more substantial since you became a politician you only looted like a common thief.

Never trust anything from the mouth of a politician, especially a thief like this one. It is all bogus and lies he might have been in charge of companies worth some million dollars but 4 billion dollars is just a lie. I don't think he is even that smart.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by oz4real83(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30
They calculate how much they hope to steal in the future, and write it as their present net worth on their code of conduct asset declaration form, this is to make sure that when they succeed in the looting, you wont be able to prove it in court since they already "had such assets before joining politics" as this well-known criminal is claiming now embarassed embarassed. He had $4b net worth and he has never been on Forbes list shocked

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by clockwisereport: 12:39pm On Jan 30
Onye oshi
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30
That is true of Kalu.

That he has been a bad politician doesn't disprove this

3 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by robinfemi: 12:39pm On Jan 30
Have known him to be a billionaire from kid, but that doesn't make him a saint. He should have stick to his business jejely without been involved in politics.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by SoNature(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30
Orji Kalu has always been a stinking rich man. However, he cannot deny the fact that he stole a lot of money as a politician.

But then, no matter how anyone sees OUK, he is one of the few politicians whom his people feel the impact of his constituency allowance. Dude is transforming his district.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Akpabio22: 12:40pm On Jan 30
Lies lies lies it will Never be well will all Nigeria politicians. A great day is coming when the masses will face this criminals that great day is coming. The monsters you have made will surely eat you up soon.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Judolisco(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30
Otunba lamba

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Authoreety: 12:41pm On Jan 30
Onye ashi!
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by eliteweb(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30
Yet you're one of Nigeria's Worse Governor.

Your only notable achievement was your support for Enyimba FC.

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by jmoore(m): 12:41pm On Jan 30
Akuko Mike Ejeagha.
No evidence.
Thief

1 Like

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Kavod: 12:41pm On Jan 30
TRUE!!!!! WHAT I CAN SAY ABOUT KALU IS THAT HE IS VERY GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO BUSINESS, E GET THAT EAGLE EYES BUT!!!!!!!! STILL TELL US HOW YOU HELPED VARIOUS POLITICIANS INVEST NIGERIANS EMBEZZLED MONEY TOO. HE WAS LIKE THE GOTO GUY WHEN YOU WANT TO INVEST STOLEN MONEY. THATS HOW HE CLINCHED THE GOVERNOR'S SEAT.
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by nony43(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku

Oga that man get better bar before becoming Gov , how many of his companies do you know?

10 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by PriNceNova(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30
Bb
Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by mrvitalis(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30
Honestly I still can't get why he joined politics

He achieved almost nothing spoiled his name became poorer

Lost his airlines, shipping companies and many more

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by mrvitalis(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30
allthingsgood:
HAHAHA Ole!!

Oloriburuku
$4 billion in 1999 was mere 480 billion

Bro had airlines, shipping lines and many businesses

Politics made him poorer

17 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by ecolime(m): 12:44pm On Jan 30
mrvitalis:
Honestly I still can't get why he joined politics

He achieved almost nothing spoiled his name became poorer

Lost his airlines, shipping companies and many more
Same as Rochas.

When you have money, na to dey chase power remain.

Humans must always aspire. It's an endless vain cycle. Na only death fit satisfy man.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Bigkoko: 12:45pm On Jan 30
Four Billion dollars? Are you for real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Badadvisor: 12:45pm On Jan 30
nony43:
Ouk was very rich before he become a Gov. in facts , Some of the SE Govs from 1999 to date were very very rich before they became Govs, when I mean rich , business and. Work not politics made them rich.. eg OUk, PO, Rochas , Soludo etc.
Even the clueless man currently ruling imo. Man was a well known very wealthy fraudster

6 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by Ashirioluwa: 12:46pm On Jan 30
I can smell lies

4 Likes

Re: Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics by mrvitalis(m): 12:46pm On Jan 30
eliteweb:
Yet you're one of Nigeria's Worse Governor.

Your only notable achievement was your support for Enyimba FC.
Still can't understand how he failed

He was young, well exposed, very highly connected in the international world and very very rich.. He opened his house... Arguably biggest private residence in Nigeria a night Before he became governor

Still can't get how he messed it up

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours / PDP Member Shot During Rivers Rerun Election Buried (Photos) / Police, OPC In Closed Door Meeting Over Cultists, Kidnappers In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.