Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,506 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (50057 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Organs(m): 12:19am On Mar 02, 2020
Awol1:

I could report you for calling me stupid but I won't.

You know why? Because I want us to reason together.

Do you realize there is a difference between realism and idealism?

You don't have to be utopic when talking Nigerian affairs.

I am not saying GEJ had no flaws. Far from it. But was Buhari a worthy alternative in 2015?

How do you expect me to forgive people that maliciously suspended reason and believed blatant lies and propaganda? How would a candidate say he would make #1 to $1 and people believed and sold that lie without questioning the economics he wants to employ towards achieving it? This and other lies. Yet a people who are supposed to be cerebral believed it. And you say it wasn't wickedness?

Now after the 2015 disaster and the bigger leadership disaster that followed, this people have continued to form the fulcrum of support to this govt despite evident failures.

And in 2019, they aided in relegitimizing the disaster.

Forget we are talking about a country. Imagine you were in a business partnership with some people with whom you constitute the board, and some members of the board keep lending support to a disastrous director who is running the business down, how would you see those set of people?

Firstly, i apologise for using strong words for you. You started on a very very wrong footing and that, is just annoying. AWOL1, you are a Nigerian for God sake and you were in Nigeria when under GEJ, BH took over 14 LGA's, and the useless Generals were buying houses in Dubai. I live in the USA, and i have american colleagues that work with USA govt and all they talk about was the mega corruption ongoing. I and you saw how Dasuki shared our common wealth to everyone including all this mega church pastors CAN, Imams, politicians etc, no one even remembers or mentions CAN President's plane full of cash in South Africa. As a matter of FACT, i know personally, our diplomatic passport was so useless, that Nigerians use connections to obtain diplomatic passport and come to america trying to do very stupid immigration stuff, with Nigerian Diplomatic passport. IT WAS THAT BAAAAAAD. Just last week, Olisah Metuh was jailed with evidence of 400M paid into his account. You have so many people returning money, but because we take sides, even the thieves, Fayose, Omokri, FFk, Metuh, even walk and talk braggadociously. In Niger Delta, 133 contracts, i repeat 133 was awarded by GEJ's govt, and not 1 single contractor, i repeat, not 1 single contractor executed 0.0001 % of the contract and money was paid 100%. Research NDDC contracts. The USA, UK, Germany, all of them wanted that govt gone because of its corruption, but just like Ibori that is innocent in Nigeria, not some Nigerians. Folks like you did not see anything bad in that govt. So, as a result of that, we have Buhari, that is old, tired, retired, stubborn, old school and clearly incompetent. Now what di he do, he defined success as anything better that PDP, since folks were still hailing PDP. Now, we still have insurgency, we still have herdsmen attacks, and corruption is still there, however, we progressed a little bit. You don't have to accept. Anamco, that just got revived, cos of buy Nigeria or PDP's Eastern govs testimony and the ongoing Enugu to Onitsha, Onitsha to Nsukka, Enugu to PH and the 2nd Niger bridge as well as some other things ongoing is evidence that this govt is still a bit more focused. However, that is the mistake, our comparison is PDP. We were supposed to have left Buhari behind us in 2019, but we didn't because we don't seem to unite on anything.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Kizzyshana1206(m): 12:52am On Mar 02, 2020
I just felt like crying
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 02, 2020
Organs:

Firstly, i apologise for using strong words for you. You started on a very very wrong footing and that, is just annoying. AWOL1, you are a Nigerian for God sake and you were in Nigeria when under GEJ, BH took over 14 LGA's, and the useless Generals were buying houses in Dubai. I live in the USA, and i have american colleagues that work with USA govt and all they talk about was the mega corruption ongoing. I and you saw how Dasuki shared our common wealth to everyone including all this mega church pastors CAN, Imams, politicians etc, no one even remembers or mentions CAN President's plane full of cash in South Africa. As a matter of FACT, i know personally, our diplomatic passport was so useless, that Nigerians use connections to obtain diplomatic passport and come to america trying to do very stupid immigration stuff, with Nigerian Diplomatic passport. IT WAS THAT BAAAAAAD. Just last week, Olisah Metuh was jailed with evidence of 400M paid into his account. You have so many people returning money, but because we take sides, even the thieves, Fayose, Omokri, FFk, Metuh, even walk and talk braggadociously. In Niger Delta, 133 contracts, i repeat 133 was awarded by GEJ's govt, and not 1 single contractor, i repeat, not 1 single contractor executed 0.0001 % of the contract and money was paid 100%. Research NDDC contracts. The USA, UK, Germany, all of them wanted that govt gone because of its corruption, but just like Ibori that is innocent in Nigeria, not some Nigerians. Folks like you did not see anything bad in that govt. So, as a result of that, we have Buhari, that is old, tired, retired, stubborn, old school and clearly incompetent. Now what di he do, he defined success as anything better that PDP, since folks were still hailing PDP. Now, we still have insurgency, we still have herdsmen attacks, and corruption is still there, however, we progressed a little bit. You don't have to accept. Anamco, that just got revived, cos of buy Nigeria or PDP's Eastern govs testimony and the ongoing Enugu to Onitsha, Onitsha to Nsukka, Enugu to PH and the 2nd Niger bridge as well as some other things ongoing is evidence that this govt is still a bit more focused. However, that is the mistake, our comparison is PDP. We were supposed to have left Buhari behind us in 2019, but we didn't because we don't seem to unite on anything.

Congratulations that you have escaped this contraption called a country. Forgive me for addressing it like that.

First of all, I agree with you about the extent of corruption that was going on under GEJ. Especially when it comes to contracts not being executed. But you know the act precedes GEJ actually, including your 133 NDDC projects. Not all of them were awarded and paid for under GEJ. Some, if not most, precede his administration. But everything is wrongly being pinned on him.

Make no mistake, I'm not trying to excuse GEJ, like I told you before. But not all the things he's accused of that he is guilty of.

If anything, the Enugu-Onitsha expressway you mentioned has constantly pained my heart each time I realize that that road has been awareded multiple times in the past but some certain group of thieves will sit down and share the money without constructing a kilometer. That is one thing I think Buhari has stopped to an extent. No awarded contracts are unexecuted whilst money has been disbursed. Kudos to him on that.

My major grouse with Buhari is because I believe he has an agenda of fulanisation and Islamisation. I'm scared he is setting the groundworks that his successor is going to build on until the agenda is fully achieved. Aside this and his nepotism, Buhari has made appreciable progress from the rot he met.

Now about unity, how can we unite when nobody is ready to make compromises? Southwest for instance, has not agreed that voting Buhari was a mistake they shouldn't have made and that we should unite and find an alternative. They still want to defend the disaster and rationalize things because they think it's their shortest route to power. Now how would you not want other regions to wanna play spoiler? And even try to outsmart the southwest and get power for themselves.

See, we are too divergent, tribally and religiously, to be united.

Unity in diversity is a hoax!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Yankee101: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2020
Confirmed
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by PHijo(m): 1:29am On Mar 02, 2020
Owodiran1:
no sir. He ordered the release of Yusuf. Before the order was received. Police has carelessly killed and butchered Yusuf mercilessly. By that he was already critically ill. Jonathan was the interim then
Lies! Yusuf was killed when late Yar'Adua was fully in charge. I wonder why some of you try to distort history.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by pfadom: 6:26am On Mar 02, 2020
With Andoaaka as Justice Minister and and James Ibori call the shots, while Nuhu Ribadu was silenced and persecuted.

I don't biliv dat!!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Seyeblessed: 7:01am On Mar 02, 2020
Nigeria would have been better if Yaradua was healthy and ruled for 8 years....FIXED
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by peromosele: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2020
Yap, I strongly believe that because the late president yar adua has a fear of God in his heart.
He should have tremendously done much with is vision 2020.
That's a respected president with a dynamic focus.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by modsareuseless: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2020
Dareal90s:
But u guys said Buhari is dead, y hating on a dead man?

anyone we hate is dead to us
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2020
virginboy1:
Best President Nigeria Ever had.

Fuel for N65 smiley

May God continue to bless you wherever you are Baba Musa Yaradua.

At least you proved that not everyone one from Kastina is Inept

I can't believe it.....

Asin 10 litres was just 650

Gosh!!!

Naija don cast

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Dareal90s(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2020
modsareuseless:

anyone we hate is dead to us
You are confused, I still don't understand y a reasonable person will b beefing d dead.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Sunrise258: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2020
[quote author=Chikpat post=87076463]Nigeria would have been a better place if Abacha lived longer[/quote

God forbid!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Organs(m): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
Awol1:

Congratulations that you have escaped this contraption called a country. Forgive me for addressing it like that.

First of all, I agree with you about the extent of corruption that was going on under GEJ. Especially when it comes to contracts not being executed. But you know the act precedes GEJ actually, including your 133 NDDC projects. Not all of them were awarded and paid for under GEJ. Some, if not most, precede his administration. But everything is wrongly being pinned on him.

Make no mistake, I'm not trying to excuse GEJ, like I told you before. But not all the things he's accused of that he is guilty of.

If anything, the Enugu-Onitsha expressway you mentioned has constantly pained my heart each time I realize that that road has been awareded multiple times in the past but some certain group of thieves will sit down and share the money without constructing a kilometer. That is one thing I think Buhari has stopped to an extent. No awarded contracts are unexecuted whilst money has been disbursed. Kudos to him on that.

My major grouse with Buhari is because I believe he has an agenda of fulanisation and Islamisation. I'm scared he is setting the groundworks that his successor is going to build on until the agenda is fully achieved. Aside this and his nepotism, Buhari has made appreciable progress from the rot he met.

Now about unity, how can we unite when nobody is ready to make compromises? Southwest for instance, has not agreed that voting Buhari was a mistake they shouldn't have made and that we should unite and find an alternative. They still want to defend the disaster and rationalize things because they think it's their shortest route to power. Now how would you not want other regions to wanna play spoiler? And even try to outsmart the southwest and get power for themselves.

See, we are too divergent, tribally and religiously, to be united.

Unity in diversity is a hoax!

My Chairman, Unity in Diversity can indeed work if and only if we are "sincere". The problem we have is our lack of sincerity. Its even worse in the place i think youre from, Igboland. Now, let me address the islamization and fulanization issue. Firstly, I am muslim, from the Middlebelt state. The politicians will always find something to divide us and it works for them all the time. An example is this islamization issue. Let me start with two examples, 1, my friend was in London over the weekend for a discussion "Fostering social Cohesion in Nigeria" at Wilton Park. Guess what it centered on, how muslims are killing Christians in Nigeria. So, these discussions sort of legitimizes those kinds of talks and guess what, they get aids, money etc and even file for asylum in the West saying Muslims are tormenting and killing them in Nigeria. Onaikan, former CAN president and Archdiocese of Abuja was there, Miyetti Allah head was there, etc. Now, a lady, from Maiduguri came out and spoke about how Muslim women are beheaded by BH, how lots of muslim girls were kidnapped prior to Chibok, but you don't hear that in the news. As we speak, lots of muslim women, men, children, all are in BH captivity, and in IDP camps, way more than Christians but those ones do not make the news. As we speak, BH has threatened to kill Communications Minister Isa Pantami, a siting Minister in Buhari's cabinet because he is trying to use sim card registration to trail boko haram insurgents. He is Muslim my broda. He preaches every sunday in Abuja. Also, it's obvious you haven't been to Northern Nigeria, e.g Borno, Adamawa, Yobe etc, my broda, if you go to this places and you see villages that has existed for over 200 years, empty, mosques burnt down to ashes, now full of ruins, you will know we are all still judging with our bigotry. 2. A friend, Christian, Yoruba, was telling me the other day that he supports Sanwo Olu banning Okada and Keke in Lagos saying the majority of riders are hausas and that they don't communicate in english or yoruba well and that they are muslims, saying there is an agenda, and that their pastor mentioned it in their church bla-bla-bla. I now asked him, to think again, that so, those poor, wretched, northerners looking for daily survival, that so, they are part of an agenda? He now thought about it for a second and now realizes how he was quick to believe and point finger. So, at the end my broda, the major problem in Nigeria is bad leadership, impunity, our selfish nature and Churches. If you notice, one thing on the rise in Nigeria is churches and churches. What are they preaching mostly, the other person is your enemy, we have high crime rates as well as high increase in churches, why? because that is what people now put their hopes on, in Churches and men of God. Today on NL, someone said he bought a 500ml hand sanitizer for N19,900 and returned it after he saw the debit since he wasn't paying attention, if it was here in the usa, the rich, the hindu, the sikh, the muslim, Christian all will boycott that pharmacy in solidarity, Never in Nigeria. You should've seen USA airports the day Trump made that stupid muslim ban, everybody was at the airport rioting and ensuring all returning people gets in, all over the usa, Christians, Gay organizations even, human rights activists, all just because they are against injustice. Now, to drive my point home, my broda, if you get up today and say Buhari is no good and that he should go, that he has an islamic agenda, i will not march with you or follow your lead because i know it is not true. I have two friends, that knows Buhari personally and they both hate him because he is not just a nice person, he did not even attend the funeral of their dads that are his personal friend, also, YarAdua family are enemies with Buhari's family in the same KT State (that's another story). Buhari personally has outstanding integrity, he is not a "mallam" i.e a hardcore muslim, no way, he is just a normal practicing muslim. My broda, there is no muslim agenda anywhere. My broda, how many muslims have you seen coming to you to try and convert you to islam and have you attend their mosque like christians do? None right? Its you guys that do all that and trying to win souls for christ cos the fuller the church, the more money and glory of the pastor, it's not like that in islam, if you are a practicing muslim, its for your own good. Muslims has no gain whatsoever if the whole Nigeria becomes an islamic state, i repeat No gain to Muslims whatsoever.
Now about the west supporting Buhari in 2015, there was no choice, he was the best compared to GEJ and they needed someone strong to defeat the incumbent. Now, he was weak, slow, old school and incompetent, but what did we have in 2019, the same PDP and Atiku, it's a shame.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 03, 2020
Organs:

My Chairman, Unity in Diversity can indeed work if and only if we are "sincere". The problem we have is our lack of sincerity. Its even worse in the place i think youre from, Igboland. Now, let me address the islamization and fulanization issue. Firstly, I am muslim, from the Middlebelt state. The politicians will always find something to divide us and it works for them all the time. An example is this islamization issue. Let me start with two examples, 1, my friend was in London over the weekend for a discussion "Fostering social Cohesion in Nigeria" at Wilton Park. Guess what it centered on, how muslims are killing Christians in Nigeria. So, these discussions sort of legitimizes those kinds of talks and guess what, they get aids, money etc and even file for asylum in the West saying Muslims are tormenting and killing them in Nigeria. Onaikan, former CAN president and Archdiocese of Abuja was there, Miyetti Allah head was there, etc. Now, a lady, from Maiduguri came out and spoke about how Muslim women are beheaded by BH, how lots of muslim girls were kidnapped prior to Chibok, but you don't hear that in the news. As we speak, lots of muslim women, men, children, all are in BH captivity, and in IDP camps, way more than Christians but those ones do not make the news. As we speak, BH has threatened to kill Communications Minister Isa Pantami, a siting Minister in Buhari's cabinet because he is trying to use sim card registration to trail boko haram insurgents. He is Muslim my broda. He preaches every sunday in Abuja. Also, it's obvious you haven't been to Northern Nigeria, e.g Borno, Adamawa, Yobe etc, my broda, if you go to this places and you see villages that has existed for over 200 years, empty, mosques burnt down to ashes, now full of ruins, you will know we are all still judging with our bigotry. 2. A friend, Christian, Yoruba, was telling me the other day that he supports Sanwo Olu banning Okada and Keke in Lagos saying the majority of riders are hausas and that they don't communicate in english or yoruba well and that they are muslims, saying there is an agenda, and that their pastor mentioned it in their church bla-bla-bla. I now asked him, to think again, that so, those poor, wretched, northerners looking for daily survival, that so, they are part of an agenda? He now thought about it for a second and now realizes how he was quick to believe and point finger. So, at the end my broda, the major problem in Nigeria is bad leadership, impunity, our selfish nature and Churches. If you notice, one thing on the rise in Nigeria is churches and churches. What are they preaching mostly, the other person is your enemy, we have high crime rates as well as high increase in churches, why? because that is what people now put their hopes on, in Churches and men of God. Today on NL, someone said he bought a 500ml hand sanitizer for N19,900 and returned it after he saw the debit since he wasn't paying attention, if it was here in the usa, the rich, the hindu, the sikh, the muslim, Christian all will boycott that pharmacy in solidarity, Never in Nigeria. You should've seen USA airports the day Trump made that stupid muslim ban, everybody was at the airport rioting and ensuring all returning people gets in, all over the usa, Christians, Gay organizations even, human rights activists, all just because they are against injustice. Now, to drive my point home, my broda, if you get up today and say Buhari is no good and that he should go, that he has an islamic agenda, i will not march with you or follow your lead because i know it is not true. I have two friends, that knows Buhari personally and they both hate him because he is not just a nice person, he did not even attend the funeral of their dads that are his personal friend, also, YarAdua family are enemies with Buhari's family in the same KT State (that's another story). Buhari personally has outstanding integrity, he is not a "mallam" i.e a hardcore muslim, no way, he is just a normal practicing muslim. My broda, there is no muslim agenda anywhere. My broda, how many muslims have you seen coming to you to try and convert you to islam and have you attend their mosque like christians do? None right? Its you guys that do all that and trying to win souls for christ cos the fuller the church, the more money and glory of the pastor, it's not like that in islam, if you are a practicing muslim, its for your own good. Muslims has no gain whatsoever if the whole Nigeria becomes an islamic state, i repeat No gain to Muslims whatsoever.
Now about the west supporting Buhari in 2015, there was no choice, he was the best compared to GEJ and they needed someone strong to defeat the incumbent. Now, he was weak, slow, old school and incompetent, but what did we have in 2019, the same PDP and Atiku, it's a shame.

I wouldn't want us to go into academic argument.

But what do you say about the continued sacking of villages by Fulani herdsmen since Buhari became President but not a single herdsman has been arrested not to talk of being prosecuted?

Herdsmen/farmers clashes precedes Buhari administration, granted. But never in history have they been treated with the kid gloves they are treated today, never.

The heads of almost every sensitive position in this country are Muslims and you still don't see anything wrong?

And I don't understand your issue with PDP. Do you think the party is ontologically rotten or that the candidates they have presented in past two elections are not good enough?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV / Nnamdi Kanu ‘Shuts Down’ Abakaliki - Premium Times / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.