Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (50000 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ty4real123: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2020
Ex-First Lady Turai and late ex-President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Madam Turai Musa Yar’Adua, wife of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, has lamented that Nigeria is in a precarious state today because her husband’s regime was cut short by his sickness and eventual death.

She noted that Nigeria would have been much better if the late President had finished his tenure but for the lingering sickness that eventually terminated his vision-driven life.

“The situation in Nigeria would have been better had my husband, the late President, survived his ailment because he was a focused, committed and determined leader.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time, he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service,” she said.

Underscoring the humility of Musa Yar’Adua, she said he once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think that he had left so much money.

The former First Lady, who spoke at a recent memorial lecture in honour of the late President in Katsina, also said: “The late Yar’Adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me: ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession’.”

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Madam Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me, ‘people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay’.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise hospital and road projects,” she said.

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/92938-Nigeria-would-have-been-a-better-place-if-my-husband-did-not-die-Ex-First-Lady-Turai-Musa-YarAdua

234 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by pdppower: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2020
Very true. He was the first and only president to review downward the price of petrol in Nigeria. He had other good plans but unfortunately death did not allow him to actualise them. Continue to RIP.

855 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Perfecttouchade: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria miss a great man of the people.. continue to rest in peace yardua. All would av been well with Nigeria by now but this current state Nigeria is in, na small e remain to crash.get your Aluminium windows done by us

370 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by kelvine(m): 11:47am On Mar 01, 2020
Niger Delta was safe. The militants received amnesty.
North, South, East and West were happy.
No BOKO, No IPOB, No Bandits, No killer herdsmen.
Now see where we are.

May our helper not die untimely

1027 Likes 82 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 01, 2020
Your husband's death was beyond our control and inevitable. The pain is understandable.

But voting Buhari in 2015 was an avoidable disaster but for some group of "intellectuals" whose sophistication could not see beyond their nose.

401 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by kestolove95(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2020
After this God sent man died, a drunkard took over nd start d destruction then the worst of them came, an illiterate without certificate, tribalist bigot that don't know his left from ryt took ova, his on a northern mission

467 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Buchyke8(m): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2020
Your husband was a great man who changed many factors....but sad his brother has shattered all he built

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Chikpat(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria would have been a better place if Abacha lived longer

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by dominique(f): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
It was during his regime that we knew what it felt like for lecturers not to go on strike. His administration introduced different batches and streams for NYSC that enabled a lot of PCMs go for service earlier than expected. Before then, graduates had wait for about a year or two before getting deployed. Too bad death took him away from us before we could realize his full potentials. Continue to RIP OMY

Boko Haram started during his regime though.

293 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by internationalman(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Story they would have virus him later on

That seat is infected.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by kponkedenge(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
The few good leaders we had in Nigeria died quite early.... While the bad ones ruled the longest.

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by XOGBADO(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yar'Adua would have set Nigeria on the right track if only he had lived long enough. But the question is this; would you have been a better first lady?

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by jchioma: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Likely

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by virginboy1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Like for Yaradua

Share for Buhari

513 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Benblaq(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
This man had plans for Vision2020, he was cut short by ill health. Look where we are today - battling whether to send repentant Boko Haram terrorists to overseas for foreign education or not.
Rest in peace and love of God Yaradua. Maybe it's a spell or something, good things doesn't last in Nigeria.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by affable4(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Madam, I believe you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by PureGoldh(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
True talk....Late Umaru musa yar'adua was a man of peace....I just don't know why good things/People sometimes tends not to last in dx country

Original Honey readily available for you and your family.. Whatsapp/Call 081 016667 71 to get yours now...Happy New month to you all...Bless up

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by virginboy1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Best President Nigeria Ever had.

Fuel for N65 smiley

May God continue to bless you wherever you are Baba Musa Yaradua.

At least you proved that not everyone one from Kastina is Inept

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by PotatoSalad(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
True that!

internationalman:
Story they would have virus him later on

That seat is infected.

Infected or not, some people still mean well for this country.
People like me.....

After I've spent my first two years in office trying to surpass what T.A Orji's son did.
I'll then work well, and nigerians will sing my praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Praktikals(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
R
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by BLS1: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Look at all the lazy youths above me.....even with the advent of google they cannot verify just a simple few things.

So Yaradua was the first and only president to reduce petrol price?

He introduced Batches into our NYSC system?

No ASUU strikes, students finished in record time?

No herdsmen killings under him? No militancy?

Boko was not around in his tenure?

Keep on lazy youths, keep on .

https://www.bigthink.com/those-who-do-not-learn-history-doomed-to-repeat-it-really.amp.html

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by modsareuseless: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
he was supported by everyone. he was loved in the south east so much! only idiots think igbos hate buhari because he's from the north, no. the igbos hate buhari because he's a disaster, a failure, a bastard, fulani herdsman and an extremist.

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by 9jayes: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good people no dey last

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by tillaman(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
angry
Wish we could turn back the hands of time!!
Yaradua remains one of the best presidents ever
He will never be forgotten

33 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by festus2001: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by anochuko01(m): 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Vgg
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by DavSagacity(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
yes madam. U can't be more correct ma'am
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by GOFRONT(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sorry Hajia Turai.....

That's the same way y'all would look back one day and say NAIRALAND would have been better if not for the Absence of NwaAmaikpe!!......When he would have gone on his Sabbatical leave....

But funny enough, y'all don't want to bask on his presence to gain what he z gat to offer y'all here until he z gone!!!

Longlive NwaAmaikpe!
Longlive Nairaland!!
Longlive all Nairaland members!!!
Longlive Federal republic of Nigeria!!!!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Fisher007: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
So true
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Moz22: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Y
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by crackhouse(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sure. The same thing applies to Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

WAEC: Why Buhari's Current Passport Pix Appeared On The Attestation Certificate / Peter Obi's Supporters Mount Huge Campaign Billboard In Sokoto State (Video) / David Lyon Will Be Sworn-In By March 2020 - Prophet (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.