Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (50051 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by aminusodiq(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
ThierryJay:
I'm baffled by the several comments here. It's like a lot of people have deliberate amnesia. Yaradua was heavily criticized by Nigerians for not being in charge during his Government. His Govt was predominantly reputed for being slow and he was always referred to as the half-dead president. It took the intervention of Femi falana and Co to successfully get his family to handover to GEJ.

That successive Governments were worse does not make Yaradua's tenure good and a fairytale as is being presented here.

At this rate, I'm sure Buhari will be hailed as the best thing to happen to Nigeria by 2030!
thank God u mentioned half dead!!! He was sick!!! Maybe if u read wat u wrote thoroughly u will understand ur opinions better
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ilyasom(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
BLS1:

Bro it is very painful.

I wanted to respond with links for every single lie that has been told on this thread, but then I thought to myself, I'm just enabling there lazy behaviour.

If these people are our future we are doomed to keep repeating our mistakes over and over again.

Don't waste your time on them
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by seunayantokun(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
It's neither yes or no

We perceived he might have been...

But you yourself were funnily crafty. You were a major player in keeping us in the dark for too long until the cat was let out of the bag.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dareal90s:
I tot u said those group can't make anyone a president, why accuse them nw?

Said, where?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Equity15(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:
grin grin
Nigeria is funny! I see a lot of agreements with her statement and its all coming from Ibos in Nairaland.

List Yar Adua's accomplishments as a Gov in Kaduna. Nothing tangible! If he could not do wonder in a small and diverse state as Kaduna what would he have achieved nationally as President?

Yaradua was a compensation for his older brother, General Shehu Yaradua. He was not brought in by PDP because he had excellence,....but rather to fill a position that would have been his brother's if the General had lived.

Like I said, look in his tenure in Kaduna to project his performance at national level.

nobody will take you serious come back when you know the state he governed also use the little time to search for his achievements there too. thank you
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by SammyChi1988: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
100% Yes...
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dasuks:

President Yar'Adua won on a nationalist mandate. NPN/Pre 2013 PDP had that particular feature. Everybody was included and they all had to be kept satisfied. Very different from regional parties' mindsets.

Eg OBJ couldn't win even 25% of SW votes but still became Presido on everyone else's tab. All because it was the fair thing etc. You dont get that from regional one-man-inspired outfits.

The ppl who championed Buhari went against Yar'Adua in 2007. Look at it closely, regional parties with regional mindsets simply took advantage of the ineptitude PDP showcased mid GEJ administration and stole the initiative.

They're still too 'sophisticated' to understand how diverse the country they now rule, tho they still speak like tey did in opposition, really is.

Once the all-star vote garnering strongman they have is out, you will see how long the entity would hold....

Yea. That's another dimension to the discourse.

What is a post-Tinubu southwest going to look like?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Julietuche(f): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
Benblaq:
This man had plans for Vision2020, he was cut short by ill health. Look where we are today - battling whether to send repentant Boko Haram terrorists to overseas for foreign education or not.
Rest in peace and love of God Yaradua. Maybe it's a spell or something, good things doesn't last in Nigeria.

Joseph Juliet
MA you are right. We missed a great and passionate leader
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by PicLtd: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
modsareuseless:
he was supported by everyone. he was loved in the south east so much! only idiots think igbos hate buhari because he's from the north, no. the igbos hate buhari because he's a disaster, a failure, a bastard, fulani herdsman and an extremist.

In owerri, there is popular place called Umaru Yar'adua drive.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Bukden16(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
kestolove95:
After this God sent man died, a drunkard took over nd start d destruction then the worst of them came, an illiterate without certificate, tribalist bigot that don't know his left from ryt took ova, his on a northern mission

Ah dey your side.
Buh ehn your anger fit melt caw bone in 30 seconds.

The drunkard was at least better than the delude illiterate.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Irenititemi(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
We know nah
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Engrgreg231(m): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good people don't last rest on your excellency
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by MistadeRegal(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
I see many singing his praises here... If only GOD had allowed Umar Musa Yar'Adua dealt with Nigeria before his demise, none of you here will have been singing his praises and not appreciating what GOD had averted for all of you.

Blinds!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by JastSiryin(m): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
He could've been this, he could've been that! You people aren't even ashamed of yourselves. "The dead always promises more" haven't y'all noticed that? And that's because we could conveniently project all sorts of things about them, most of which border on the outrageous. He could have ended up a disappointment like all the others before and after him,and history even gives more credence to this possibility.

Let's stop this nonsense abeg, aren't there good leaders still amongst us? there are. But we're obsessed with power, so much so that we worship tyrants. Pls let the dead man rest in peace, and snap out of your illusion. angry

Any good we're able to accomplish would be because of our collective efforts, and not that of some leader with a messianic complex. That's the last thing we need.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Billygee2u: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Niger Delta was safe. The militants received amnesty.
North, South, East and West were happy.
No BOKO, No IPOB, No Bandits, No killer herdsmen.
Now see where we are.

May our helper not die untimely
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Billygee2u: 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
Your husband's death was beyond our control and inevitable. The pain is understandable.

But voting Buhari in 2015 was an avoidable disaster but for some group of "intellectuals" whose sophistication could not see beyond their nose.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by MetaPhysical: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Equity15:
nobody will take you serious come back when you know the state he governed also use the little time to search for his achievements there too. thank you

I thought I corrected that already.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okuda(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Lol... reviewing fuel price down ward is now an achievement to small children on Nairaland. Fuel subsidy scam happened when? Nigeria lost billions to PDP chieftains' children n cronies who collected monies on false fuel importation.

Who be fool?

so na reviewing am upwards for better?
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ThierryJay: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
aminusodiq:
thank God u mentioned half dead!!! He was sick!!! Maybe if u read wat u wrote thoroughly u will understand ur opinions better

There's nothing to understand better. Of course I knew he was sick. But Nigerians in general were referring to him as half-dead which was symptomatic of the sentiments against him.

I know that being sick was outside of his control. However, you don't also get automatic medals for just being sick. There are provisions in the constitution to address such situations. Yaradua didn't really do anything significant to warrant his tenure being considered as our best democratic dispensation. Those who think so are just hypocrites, or they've lost their memory.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by luluman: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
Chikpat:
Nigeria would have been a better place if Abacha lived longer
Very true, he would have wiped out all terrorists in a military way along with any house members that try rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Agugbadin: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Today we have brainless and clueless senators who sit in their comfort zone and support murderers terrorists and calling for a bill to institutionalizes terrorism and grant Boko haram amenesty after killing over twenty thousand Nigerians namely the military, defenseless men, women, children. May the generations of those who sponsored the bill and supported it never no peace. As Boko haram has denied many people peace so also the generations of the sponsors of the bill and supporters will never no peace Amen.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by masseratti: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Yes your husband, but you took over the affairs of the state when he was in vegetative state, signing, plunged the nation into problems.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by henryhemon(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
ty4real123:
Ex-First Lady Turai and late ex-President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Madam Turai Musa Yar’Adua, wife of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, has lamented that Nigeria is in a precarious state today because her husband’s regime was cut short by his sickness and eventual death.

She noted that Nigeria would have been much better if the late President had finished his tenure but for the lingering sickness that eventually terminated his vision-driven life.

“The situation in Nigeria would have been better had my husband, the late President, survived his ailment because he was a focused, committed and determined leader.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time, he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service,” she said.

Underscoring the humility of Musa Yar’Adua, she said he once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think that he had left so much money.

The former First Lady, who spoke at a recent memorial lecture in honour of the late President in Katsina, also said: “The late Yar’Adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me: ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession’.”

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Madam Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me, ‘people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay’.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise hospital and road projects,” she said.

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/92938-Nigeria-would-have-been-a-better-place-if-my-husband-did-not-die-Ex-First-Lady-Turai-Musa-YarAdua

Very true.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Kinsalat619(m): 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Agreed! I concur with you ma'am
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okuda:

so na reviewing am upwards for better?
Reviewing it downwards means taking some #5 from the subsidy thieves n giving it to you. It didn't however stop their activities.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:
grin grin
Nigeria is funny! I see a lot of agreements with her statement and its all coming from Ibos in Nairaland.

List Yar Adua's accomplishments as a Gov in Katsina. Nothing tangible! If he could not do wonder in a small and diverse state as Kaduna what would he have achieved nationally as President?

Yaradua was a compensation for his older brother, General Shehu Yaradua. He was not brought in by PDP because he had excellence,....but rather to fill a position that would have been his brother's if the General had lived.

Like I said, look in his tenure in Katsina to project his performance at national level.

My people support any opinion as long as it will validate their hate for Buhari even if it is from a goat
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Organs(m): 4:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
Your husband's death was beyond our control and inevitable. The pain is understandable.

But voting Buhari in 2015 was an avoidable disaster but for some group of "intellectuals" whose sophistication could not see beyond their nose.

Shut up there! Voting Buhari in 2015 saved NIGERIA. The whole world was talking about all the corruption of GEJ. People are currently being jailed with Diezani currently hiding in London and youre still talking rubbish just because he is of your faith or from your place or because you lack "common sense"? Now, because of your stupidity and bigotry and so many elements like you, we could not move from Buhari in 2019 cos it was now between very useless PDP and useless APC. Now if you had let go of your bigotry, we all collectively would've moved away from useless PDP in 2015, then this useless APC will not have mouth to compare themselves with useless PDP, then in 2019, we would've had something better to move to, cos we will all agree PDP is useless and should be dead, then we will also see that APC is also useless only a bit better so we will have another better opposition and not PDP vs APC again. Now we all are in this mess. Shame on you. Tuehhhhh.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Justinxbell(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
The good and bad came from KASTINA STATE
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Mozegee: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
You are right Ma,each an everyday I cry for your husband's death.Withing his short period as a president of this country, I felt his good impact. His humility,kindness and love. Then I believed in one Nigeria because he carried everybody along irrespective of religion or tribe. But there's is a saying that good things don't last. if he was alive today I will wouldn't be jobless with all my degree. But his good vision was cut short. My prayer to him is that,may he continue to rest in the bosom of Allah,Amen
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by benjanny(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
This Is Not Even Debatable Yaradua has a vision
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by alphaNomega: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
ty4real123:
Ex-First Lady Turai and late ex-President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Madam Turai Musa Yar’Adua, wife of the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, has lamented that Nigeria is in a precarious state today because her husband’s regime was cut short by his sickness and eventual death.

She noted that Nigeria would have been much better if the late President had finished his tenure but for the lingering sickness that eventually terminated his vision-driven life.

“The situation in Nigeria would have been better had my husband, the late President, survived his ailment because he was a focused, committed and determined leader.

“Although my husband was sick for a long time, he did his very best for Nigeria. Also as governor of Katsina State, he did his best for the state; he is an honest man who believed in service,” she said.

Underscoring the humility of Musa Yar’Adua, she said he once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think that he had left so much money.

The former First Lady, who spoke at a recent memorial lecture in honour of the late President in Katsina, also said: “The late Yar’Adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me: ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession’.”

Extolling his virtues as a leader, Madam Turai said the late President would not give out contract without having the money to pay for it.

“There was a time I approached him that people are complaining that the government was slow. But he said to me, ‘people can say whatever they like but I will not give out contract if I have no money to pay’.

“The late Umaru was a kind of leader that would go out and monitor projects. I could recall when I used to join him to supervise hospital and road projects,” she said.

https://newsexpressngr.com/news/92938-Nigeria-would-have-been-a-better-place-if-my-husband-did-not-die-Ex-First-Lady-Turai-Musa-YarAdua

Nigeria would have been a better place FOR ME if my husband did not die - Ex-Firstlady Turai Musa Yaradua

Fixed cheesy
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Mozegee: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
You are right Ma,each an everyday I cry for your husband's death.Withing his short period as a president of this country, I felt his good impact. His humility,kindness and love. Then I believed in one Nigeria because he carried everybody along irrespective of religion or tribe. But there's is a saying that good things don't last. if he was alive today I will wouldn't been jobless with all my degree. But his good vision was cut short. My prayer to him is that,may he continue to rest in the bosom of Allah,Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Saraki's CCB Trial Live On Channels TV / MC Oluomo Builds A Mosque In Memory Of His Late Mother (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.