Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya (25156 Views)

Khalid Mu’azu Izala Arrested For Insulting Governor Yahaya Inuwa, APC Members / Governor Inuwa-Yahaya Nominates Husseina, Goje’s Daughter As Commissioner, Gombe / It Is Our Turn To Give Back To ABU- Governor Inuwa Yahaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by dre11(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2020
Two members of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State have been detained in prison following their arraignment in court for allegedly insulting Governor Inuwa Yahaya.

Gombe is the latest state to join in the harassment of social media and opposition voices over criticism of their governors.

PREMIUM TIMES has reported how governors across the country are increasingly targeting opponents and social media users for allegedly insulting them.

Atiku Boza-Boza and Adamu Babale are being detained on the orders of an area court following their arraignment on allegations of “conspiracy and intentional insult”, according to court papers seen by PREMIUM TIMES.

The police at Pantami Division of the metropolis arrested and detained Mr Boza-Boza on Wednesday over undisclosed complaints.

Mr Boza-Boza was a personal assistant to erstwhile Gombe State governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo.

An associate of Mr Boza-Boza, Adamu Babale, who went to the police station to secure the bail of his fellow party man was also detained.

The two were then taken before the Area Court in Pantami in handcuffs on Thursday on charges of conspiring to abuse Mr Yanaya.

The police accused the two PDP stalwarts of calling the governor “leader of promise breakers” according to the Police’s First Information Report (FIR).

The alleged offence, according to the charge sheet, is contrary to Section 96 & 155 of the Penal Code Law.

Hurried to jail

The two politicians were docked before the court on Thursday, a day declared as work-free for all courts in the state.

A circular dated February 24, 2020, by the state’s acting chief judge, Muazu Pindiga, had issued a directive on all courts in the state to close down on February 26th and 27th.

The holiday, according to the circular seen by PREMIUM TIMES, was to enable “smooth running of the commissioning exercise of the new Court of Appeal Gombe Division”.

But despite the holiday, the two suspects were taken before the court in what the opposition leaders in the state said was a premeditated action.

Governor disowns case

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES by telephone, a spokesperson for Mr Yahaya said the governor was not behind the travail of the two PDP members.

“This is not true. The governor did not order the arrest of anybody. If they have issues, it must be with another person, not the governor,” Abdullahi Misilli said Sunday morning.

Mr Misilli described the alleged role of the governor as “antics of the opposition”.

Pics: Members of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Gombe State detained in prison following their arraignment in court for allegedly insulting Governor Inuwa Yahaya.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/379723-two-nigerian-politicians-detained-for-insulting-governor.html
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
In plain pidgin English. I see governor, I tell am say thunder fire am na jail.
I see senator, tell am say ogun go kee am still jail.
That one be say if these ones get power pass as dem be them fit say make we dey come state house come dey greet them good morning before we go work.
Or if one of us do anyhow dem go say make we no mess as punishment.
One day. ..

22 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by xcabczyxabczzzz: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Na to go register for any party begin dey call myself politician remain be that o.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by LosC: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
See them smiling

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by tsephanyah(f): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2020
The police accused the two PDP stalwarts of calling the governor “leader of promise breakers” according to the Police’s First Information Report (FIR).

Governor disowns case

“This is not true. The governor did not order the arrest of anybody. If they have issues, it must be with another person, not the governor,” Abdullahi Misilli said Sunday morning.

Result of efodemic

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by kestolove95(m): 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Free dem Dats y dey are opposition

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by LosC: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Governor disowns case

[b]Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES by telephone, a spokesperson for Mr Yahaya said the governor was not behind the travail of the two PDP members.

“This is not true. The governor did not order the arrest of anybody. If they have issues, it must be with another person, not the governor,” Abdullahi Misilli said Sunday morning.[/b]

So, who now ordered the arrest?

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by chariisGRACE(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
U donminit!
So if the governor was to be in Trump's shoes, CNN for don pack up be that ooo.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by FatherBona: 4:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
If you try to silence the press and the media, the aims and objectives of democracy is defeated.
Stop dragging us back to the Abacha era sad

11 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by qualityovenbake(m): 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Power is intoxicating. The governor should remember tomorrow is pregnant.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Flexherbal(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Funny politicians!

People still insult Trump till date, how many has he sent to prison?
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Triangles1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nigeria laws only favor the rich and influential people, you will see how they will pressurize their life to eat their faeces.

This governors insult us on daily basis with their ruling.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by priscaoge(f): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Egungun be careful na express you de go cry
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by lonelydora: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
priscaoge:

My runaway wifey, long time?
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by adesegun121(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by blinking001(m): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Is this even what democracy is all about?
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by deltaboyo1: 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Aboki are on the beat this north people sef
Are practicing democracy or other thing

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by wwwihy: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
“leader of promise breakers''
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good one.

People should be taught that the fact that you have mouth and fingers, does not give you to spew or compose gibberish about an authority.

Move in right direction.
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by priscaoge(f): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
lonelydora:

My runaway wifey, long time?

Awwwww it’s been a long time really cheesy cheesy I’m fine thank you, trust you are good? smiley

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by deltaboyo1: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Aboki are on the beat this north people sef. Are practicing democracy or other thing, I pity Nigeria they have turn it to something else confused pipo
Make I run the zombies dey come see dem
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by lonelydora: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
priscaoge:

Awwwww it’s been a long time really cheesy cheesy I’m fine thank you, trust you are good? smiley

Well, by God's grace, I am good.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
everyone is learning from buhari on how to misuse power

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by id4sho(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
GOMBAWA why na? APC sef
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by priscaoge(f): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
lonelydora:

Well, by God's grace, I am good.

That’s great smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Ivimilly: 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
priscaoge:
I get full tank ma drive for your express na cheesy
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Pruwa: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
welcome to naija
this is total rubbish!!!
Re: Atiku Boza-Boza & Adamu Babale Detained For ‘Insulting' Governor Inuwa Yahaya by Kendumazy(m): 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
OK naww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Going Back To 1980 – Sanusi / Blending Petrol With Ethanol Will Save N49 – Marketers / Osun Election: I Will Win Without Stress - Omisore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.