Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave (32622 Views)

How To React When Someone Insults Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) / Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tiarabubu: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2012
tbaba1234:

According to your bible, Jesus said : I do not my own will but the will of the father..

That is submission to the will of God, that is islam.... Whatever language he spoke...

That is not Islam. Islam is defined by the Prophet Muhammed is not what Jesus practised. He would have said so at least. Other threads have highlighted their vast differences. No need repeating here.

Looking for an arabic word from non-arabs is a pretty silly thing really

Likewise bringing non-arabs and religions under the banner of Arabs and their Arabic words. Infact, in pre-islamic Arabia, there were no words like "Islam" or "Muslims". Rather words like "hanif" were. Those two words only came around 600 AD. And of course monotheism was known and practiced in Arabia. The Jews, Christians etc were very much around at the time.

Submission to God is a more generic name.... what is abrahamism?? please

Take a sip from the fountain of knowledge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamism
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Abrahamism

Jannah is an arabic word... simply means paradise/ heaven, i am sure these faith have a concept of a recompense
Jinn are 'spirits' unseen creatures... It is not peculiar to muslims either
Jihad means struggle, the jews have a very similar concept ('the struggle agianst the yetzer hara)
Obligatory charty (Zakat), every jew is required to give at least two gifts to two poor people.
Ramadan was the month of the Quran revelation.... The Quran is the latest revelation and was unknown to previous nations
Muslim pray 5 times daily... Jews pray 3 times Shacharis (morning prayers), Mincha (afternoon prayers), and Ma'ariv (evening prayers).

Correction, Janna doesn't mean heaven. The Arabic word Jannah is a shortened version meaning simply "Garden" or more associated with paradise. Other monotheist talk more of heaven.

Thats part of my point. "Muslim" and "Islam" are Arabic words, and so are others in Islam. Some of these concepts were existing concepts repackaged, given Arabian names and new meaning, now others are required to use them. Other religions are being appropriated into Islam by mere declarations.

The name 'Islam' is the completion of the message of the prophets.... Allah chose the name 'Islam' after the message was complete.... Allah says in the Quran:

[5:3] “[b]This day [/b]I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favors upon you, and have chosen for you, Islam as your religion.”

The passage didn't say from time immemorial. It said "this day", around 600 AD. Before then, Islam, as a religion - a way of life- didn't exist. This day, the religion,Islam, is perfected. It implies what is now, Islam, wasnt there then. Then how come Abraham and Adam were Muslims?

As at that day, the generic meaning of the term "Islam" changed from being a generic term to the group of people that followed Prophet Muhammed. Since other monotheist, their prophets and their books did not believe in/or say anything Prophet Muhammed, they cannot be Muslims by ANY stretch of imagination. Mind you, the belief in the Prophethood of Muhammed is a cardinal point in accepting Islam as can be seen in shahada (declaration of belief)

It is only after the perfection of the message, that the name was given.. The previous prophets preached the same message of submission to the will of God and submitted their will to God. From that assessment, they are muslims... People coined religions from the names of prophets like Christianity and Judaism.

If the word "Muslim" were generic, then the above may make sense. The prophets of Old did talk of one God alone and not what Muslims are now practicing as "Muslims" and "Islam" else show the proof.

It is the only true generic faith that explains the acts of all prophets.... Like the rabbi said in the video, jews believe there is one generic faith for everyone..... As a muslim, i am intellectually convinced, that that is islam

The Rabbi is one of those trying to bring together Muslims and Jews and will say things to tickle your fancy.

The Jews are not the only monotheist faith. The others are not Muslims; their texts doesn't say so, neither do they. They are NOT Muslims BUT Monotheists.

As a Muslim you are bound to accept the words of the Koran as true. Its ok. But it would be a hard time convincing others without empirical evidence, which is what I am asking of you.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tbaba1234: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
^ The statement credited to jesus translated to Arabic will mean : I am muslim..

Abrahamism can not be a faith...It means nothing... Like other terms; it is named after a man.... Submission to God is far more generic than anything that has to to with a man's name.... It is an action word..

He didn't say from time immemorial. He said "this day", around 600 AD. Historically, Islam didn't exist. That's what this passage is saying. This day, the religion is perfected. It implies what is now, Islam, wasnt there then.

Read the quote again: The name is given after the completion and perfection of the message; meaning before the message is complete, ... The Quran say Abraham was a hanif...true monotheism.... thank God you accepted that

All prophets had the same message.. That message is Islam.. Submission to God alone on His terms... I am building a new car,and i give the car its name after completion and perfection, that is what islam is

The reason why they have similar concepts is because they came from the same source.... All the true faiths without the innovations are perfected in one: Islam.

The use of the arabic language is simply because the Quran was revealed in Arabic... The Quran is absolutely mindblowing in Quranic Arabic and can not be fully translated; attempts at translations do not do justice to how incredible this book is.... I started threads where i intend to show how incredible this book is...

https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-pre-ramadan-study-interactive
https://www.nairaland.com/1007823/journey-through-quran-amazing-quran

My evidence of the truth is the fact that i am more than 100% convinced that the Quran as a book is beyond the productive capacity of a man... That convinces me of the truth of this faith....

You do not know the rabbi, you accused him of been part a website; which was false... He gave his references; a dispassionate person will look into his references instead of accusing the guy...

Instead of going in circles, i think you made your point and i made mine...

Enjoy the rest of your day...
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
There is no need to continue going back and forth on this digression. Tiarabubu, the next thing is a ban to keep decorum on this thread O.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tiarabubu: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
@ Maclatunji

OK Oh. I hear sir.

@ Tbaba

Maclatunji has come to your rescue just when we were getting started. You have barely made any point really. I have addressed some of your points in other threads, I would also have tackled that "Rabbi" guy of yours whom that website is showcasing and shown you how fundamentally flawed his assertions are and how other Rabbis have done so too. His views are analogous to that of the Islamic Scholar Muhammad Sven Kalisch. Totally baseless, both of them.

As it is with censorship, I have no choice but to obey Oga Maclatunji. Academic critique are really not one of Muslim's strong points.

Well I have been warned. So, I leave. But it doesn't do you quys any good, honestly, this censorship thing. You should be sad that you can't intellectually engage about your faith without the help of censure.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tbaba1234: 2:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
^ your question was pointless and shallow in the first place...

come to my rescue grin grin grin,

Indeed!! I am sure i have had a few discussions with you, i do not remember needing 'rescue' at any time... I had already ended the conversation anyway...

Anyway have a great day.... safe...
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
@tiarabubu and tbaba, you can both exchange contacts and argue/debate to your heart's content. cheesy
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Babaji111(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
A pastor who recently converted to Islam was saying from page one to the end of bible there is no word 'CHRISTIANITY. Who can then say Jesus is a christian? Jesus prayed by falling down with his face (which muslims do), he called his Lord ellah in hebrew which means ALLAH in Arabic. So does all other prophets from Noah, Moses, Abraham etc. Allah, the Creator of Heavens and Earth sent these Prophets to guide minkind from time to time; from generation to generation...beacause He loves his creation and to guide them to follow the right path NOT to follow Satan (the down casted). This will ultimately lead them to Paradise after death. Paradise, is the only domain for the kind-hearted and peaceful servants of Allah(the Godly ones)...THE MUUMIN, according to Quran. So, every good believer should expect a lot of intimidations, torture, abuse etc. Perhaps, Prophets too experienced same, and so does all men of God. This is a sacrifice that will earn them good after death. So, take your time to reflect before it is too late.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Babaji111: A pastor who recently converted to Islam was saying from page one to the end of bible there is no word 'CHRISTIANITY. Who can then say Jesus is a christian? Jesus prayed by falling down with his face (which muslims do), he called his Lord ellah in hebrew which means ALLAH in Arabic. So does all other prophets from Noah, Moses, Abraham etc. Allah, the Creator of Heavens and Earth sent these Prophets to guide minkind from time to time; from generation to generation...beacause He loves his creation and to guide them to follow the right path NOT to follow Satan (the down casted). This will ultimately lead them to Paradise after death. Paradise, is the only domain for the kind-hearted and peaceful servants of Allah(the Godly ones)...THE MUUMIN, according to Quran. So, every good believer should expect a lot of intimidations, torture, abuse etc. Perhaps, Prophets too experienced same, and so does all men of God. This is a sacrifice that will earn them good after death. So, take your time to reflect before it is too late.

Lol......Muhammad's father also worshipped Allah.....his name was Abdallah. However, he was a pagan.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nimshi: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2012
Babaji111: Jesus prayed by falling down with his face (which muslims do), he called his Lord ellah in hebrew which means ALLAH in Arabic. So does all other prophets from Noah, Moses, Abraham etc. Allah, the Creator of Heavens and Earth sent these

So?

-- Jesus may have prayed like that; nothing special. His ancestors did the same.
-- This manner of praying was not invented by Muslims; Daniel is reported to have prayed in teh same manner, facing Jerusalem, during his ordeal prior to being thrown to the lions

Daniel 6:10 >> When Daniel knew that the document had been signed, he went to his house where he had windows in his upper chamber open toward Jerusalem. He got down on his knees three times a day and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as he had done previously.

There're other examples.

Arabs 'falling down on their faces' and facing a particular direction is nothing special; these acts preceeded Islam; Islam borrowed them.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nimshi: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2012

Islam, like any other religion, must be ridiculed when Islam deserves such ridicule.

All 'prophets', 'seers', 'messangers of God' etc etc need to be ridiculed when they deserve it

It is laughable to any religion to claim some immunity from ridicule for its favourite prophet.

Take for instance: dogs. Is the irrational dogma about dogs in Islam not worthy of ridicule? It definitely is.

Take for instance: that six/nine year old girl kept for the prophet; it would've been okay if she was just kept; but Islam's Prophet began entertaining her with his 50-something member when the poor child was nine years. Now, we could - could - make allowances in view of the times then, but when Muslims today use that as justification for raping children, do you think this isn't ridiculous? Of course, it is! If you fail to see the point, we could make it even more explicit.

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Sweetnecta: 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
^^^ poster must be the most ridiculous mind on nairaland, because the muslims of Muhammad [sa] agree that Islam was revived under Muhammad.
The religion has been among man since the first man, Adam [as], a prophet in Islam. So daniel who prostrated did so as muslim who ethnically a jew and God did not ordain judaism or christianity for anyone. the people made up each of the two because of their desire and not THE WILL OF GOD.

And to suggest that a husband with his wife leads to other people molesting young women is a warp opinion of the reality.

most men prefer younger women. A young woman who became a wife, had regular access to her parents and though deemed outspoken never complained to her wealthy and very influential parents that she was mature for the role of wife, instead in life and upon the death of the husband never waiver in her love and good feeling about her husband, can not be compared to the vile acts of child molestation. And it is not a cause for somebody to justify child molestation or child bride idea, since all of the child brides seem to be unhappy with and in their marriages.

To show that Aisha [ra] was ready for marriage and her father knew that was to realize that she was already has been engaged to a man and it was her family entry into Islam in the first year of the prophetic mission that in the end dissolve the engagement and did not allow the marriage to materialize. Abu Bakr [ra] was willing to let her move in with the family of the future husband, which will allow him to migrate to Ethiopia like the others. It was in the occasion of this request that the family said they withdraw their intention.

Did you notice that she must have been alive by the first year of revelation because the engagement was already in place before her father reverted into Islam the first year and as soon as emigration to Ethiopia was open, her father was willing to let her go live with "strangers" instead of letting her pagan mother be her custodian.

It shows that she was grown enough that she was independent of the need of mother and father and will do well still without both and was already a living human being by the first year of revelation. How old does not matter anyhow, even if i peg it at the under 10 years of age, her reality was that she demonstrated maturity and independence at early age that her father knew she was a wife already to the first potential husband and it was the Will Allah to defend Muhammad [sa] from attackers like yourself, Mr. Nimshi what occurred before Muhammad [sa] the later suitor married her.

You should take a chill pill because in Nigeria, you have women ready at unsuspecting young age. A woman was telling me about her shock when she say a young hawker teenager going under their big man security/gate man. There was any noticeable breas.ts n her chest more than a needle she said. and from the loo of it, she was not a first timer on the matter.

every society has her gradation o maturity and america has from 13 or 14 with parental consent to go on to marriage. This is even in 2012
13 for females-14 for males, in New Hampshire.
Source(s):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageabl

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2012
you guys should desist from fooling ur selves on the internet and get to the real world
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by MacDaddy01: 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
toba: you guys should desist from fooling ur selves on the internet and get to the real world

smiley
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Sweetnecta: 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
@Toba:
by toba: 9:58pm On Aug 18
you guys should desist from fooling ur selves on the internet and get to the real world
is new hampshire fooling herself by the law on the people of that state? if the law of same sex marriage allowing people to do what they do, why are you saying the law on the books talking about 13 for females and 14 for males in marriage is fooling yourselves?

america meant it when they john hancock it.

and it is Muhammad[sa] that is restricting us from behaving like you, keeping a girl on the window and chase after every muslim woman just as well. abeg do dubule. either you marry the one on your window and let her go so that some sharp muslim in lagos can make a muslim wife out of her.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by mustang44: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2013
LagosShia:
i believe the greatest weapons against every evil,ignorance and insult is knowledge.seek knowledge and you will be able to stop the missionary christians and their lies and slanders against islam that they have made as their perfect art and their way of life and one of the basis of their faiths.

if only we muslim will arm ourselves with knowledge.read the Quran and understand it.dont simply read it and memorize it like poetry.in that way you will never know what your own holy book says and what to do or reply.the best replies to the doubters and deniers are in the Holy Quran.Allah (swt) have given us every parable and the most beautiful words that can shake moutains.even as sunni and shia,our differences would be less and we will understand the truth and accept each other more if we read the Quran well,ponder upon it and understand its meanings.

additionally,get insight into their beliefs.know their different sects and denominations and what they believe.read how to counter them.listen to the debates and lectures of the likes of the great Sheikh Ahmad Deedat (may Allah have mercy on his soul),who brought down christianity in all its forms and shapes to its knees.he literally demolished christianity.listen to lectures of Professor Hajj Hassanain Rajabali.he is a prolific speaker on islamic subjects.he has debated both christians and atheists too.their videos are found on youtube.
CAN YOU LIST THE LIES YOU SAID CHRISTIANS ARE SPREADING ABOUT ISLAM? MUSLIMS TELL MORE LIES ABOUT THE JEWS, CHRISTIANS, THE BIBLE. MUSLIMS EVEN GO AS FAR AS REWRITING JEWISH AND CHRISTIAN HISTORIES TO FIT ISLAM.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by mustang44: 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sweetnecta: ^^^ poster must be the most ridiculous mind on nairaland, because the muslims of Muhammad [sa] agree that Islam was revived under Muhammad.
The religion has been among man since the first man, Adam [as], a prophet in Islam. So daniel who prostrated did so as muslim who ethnically a jew and God did not ordain judaism or christianity for anyone. the people made up each of the two because of their desire and not THE WILL OF GOD.

And to suggest that a husband with his wife leads to other people molesting young women is a warp opinion of the reality.

most men prefer younger women. A young woman who became a wife, had regular access to her parents and though deemed outspoken never complained to her wealthy and very influential parents that she was mature for the role of wife, instead in life and upon the death of the husband never waiver in her love and good feeling about her husband, can not be compared to the vile acts of child molestation. And it is not a cause for somebody to justify child molestation or child bride idea, since all of the child brides seem to be unhappy with and in their marriages.

To show that Aisha [ra] was ready for marriage and her father knew that was to realize that she was already has been engaged to a man and it was her family entry into Islam in the first year of the prophetic mission that in the end dissolve the engagement and did not allow the marriage to materialize. Abu Bakr [ra] was willing to let her move in with the family of the future husband, which will allow him to migrate to Ethiopia like the others. It was in the occasion of this request that the family said they withdraw their intention.

Did you notice that she must have been alive by the first year of revelation because the engagement was already in place before her father reverted into Islam the first year and as soon as emigration to Ethiopia was open, her father was willing to let her go live with "strangers" instead of letting her pagan mother be her custodian.

It shows that she was grown enough that she was independent of the need of mother and father and will do well still without both and was already a living human being by the first year of revelation. How old does not matter anyhow, even if i peg it at the under 10 years of age, her reality was that she demonstrated maturity and independence at early age that her father knew she was a wife already to the first potential husband and it was the Will Allah to defend Muhammad [sa] from attackers like yourself, Mr. Nimshi what occurred before Muhammad [sa] the later suitor married her.

You should take a chill pill because in Nigeria, you have women ready at unsuspecting young age. A woman was telling me about her shock when she say a young hawker teenager going under their big man security/gate man. There was any noticeable breas.ts n her chest more than a needle she said. and from the loo of it, she was not a first timer on the matter.

every society has her gradation o maturity and america has from 13 or 14 with parental consent to go on to marriage. This is even in 2012
STOP HALLUCINATING, ADAM AND OTHER BIBLICAL PROPHETS WERE NOT MUSLIMS. FOR THE FACT THAT MUHAMMAD WOKE UP ONE MORNING IN THE 7TH CENTURY AD AND INVENTED A RELIGION AND CALLED IT ISLAM ( SUBMISSION TO THE WILL OF ALLAH) DOES NOT MEAN THOSE BIBLICAL PROPHETS THAT FOLOWED THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD WERE MUSLIMS. ISLAM STARTED WITH MUHAMMAD AND MUHAMMAD MADE HIMSELF THE ONLY PROPHET OF ISLAM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sheik Dahiru Bauchi Defies Sultan, Holds Eid On Wednesday / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World / What Islam Says On Masturbation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.