Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave (32619 Views)

How To React When Someone Insults Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) / Why Has The Moderator Banned Posts On When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by raynold17(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
hiding posts... great @moderator
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by maclatunji: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
Maybe some of you guys are not used to active moderation. When you post on the Islam for Muslims section, kindly consider the topic and only post if you have a germane contribution.

If it is about your long held "disrespectful opinions of Muslims" kindly keep them to yourself. In addition, post must not contain insulting and vulgar words.

Thank you!
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by karpentar: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
@zackson4real

@karpentar let me remind u dat we ᅫMuslim ᅫLove jesus mordan u. we blive wit him as d servant of ᅫGod nt d son of ᅫGod[color=#000099][/color]

How can you claim to love Jesus (the prince of peace) whilst your Muhammad disbelieves the two great truths of the Bible's Jesus (the prince of peace): Jesus (the prince of peace) is the Son of God and only His atoning sacrifice opens for us the acceptance of God.

The apostles of Jesus (the prince of peace) have written for us the teachings of Jesus (the prince of peace), which are conflicting with the teachings of Muhammad. Who tells the truth? Isn't it easier to trust in the apostles who lived together with Jesus (the prince of peace) than to trust in Muhammad who lived 600 years later? Either Muhammad lies or the Apostles, but the both cannot be the witnesses of the same God.

If you are a Muslim, I urge you to appeal to Jesus (the prince of peace) of the Bible. You can get the forgiveness of your sins only from Him, because only He can pay to God the wages of your sins. If you hold on to the good and give up the bad, one day you will confess that Jesus (the prince of peace) is your Lord. It might just be today. The choice is yours.

3 Likes

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Truckpusher(m): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
"He lost His two teeth in the Battle of Uhd"...He was so peace loving abi? so what was he doing in a battle ground...mtcheew abeg stop all this cheap propaganda

6 Likes

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by strangest(m): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
This post has been hidden

Why nah? @op nice write up, I just don't understand why Alqaeda, alshabab, BH and other terrorist group all to be fighting for allah, watched a video where someone's neck was cut off after some verses in the koran was read.. Is it the same koran that islams use all over the world or are there different versions cos all I see is far from what you wrote here. Please educate me.

4 Likes

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by EFCC1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
Toaskarity: I never knew mohammed lost his two teeth
In a war grin That's what happens to war mongers undecided
lolz..... grin grin
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Truckpusher(m): 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2012
tbaba1234: In the Name of Allah, the compassionate, the merciful

Let’s first remind ourselves, that our Prophet (peace be upon him), the single most perfect man in history, had the following done to him

People physically assaulted him.
People threw stones at him.
People threw dirty intestines on him whilst he was praying.
People threw their dirty garbage on him
People abused him
People killed his loved ones
People tried to give him poison in his food
They laughed at him, Mocked at him
They made fun of Him
He lost His two teeth in the Battle of Uhd

Has someone ever thrown stones at you? Have you ever had dirty garbage thrown over your head? Yet somehow our aggressive reactions would lead someone to believe as if someone has actually done this?
So the question is, whom should we follow when something like this happens?

Let me give some examples. For people who are reading this and are into IT and Sports. If you wanted a successful IT business then you will follow the careers of Bill Gates or Steve Jobs, as they have done incredibly well in the IT field. If perhaps you wanted to become a professional footballer, you might follow how Cesc Fabregas or Messi play, as again they are among the best footballers in the world.
So what is our end goal? It’s obviously to reach Jannah and the way to do this is to try to follow the life of our Prophet (peace be upon him) If we try to study him, act like him, perform the Sunnah then we have a good chance of achieving our goal.

When someone insults Islam or our Prophet (peace be upon him), or Allah, of course we all hurt, but what I witnessed a few days ago, was perhaps worse. A barrage of abuse from Muslims to the offenders swearing and insulting back. Did our Prophet act like this? Of course not, so by acting in this way are we really defending our faith or weakening it? I feel we are weakening it, we are showing just how weak we can be.

Did our Prophet lose such control? Engage in such filthy language? We all know certain people hate unconditionally, and in this case, it was a group of young teenagers who were spouting such hate, but we also know, or should know that many non Muslims respect Islam, respect Muslims, but when they see us defending our faith in such a violent aggressive manner, what must they think?

Once when the Prophet was being physically abused in Taif, he was bleeding from having stones thrown at him, Angel Jibraeel came to him and said the Angels of the Mountains can crush these ignorant people between the mountains, should you wish O Muhammad.

Bleeding from head to toe and battered and exhausted, the Prophet (peace be upon him) was faced with a choice; should he or should he not seek to destroy the people who had just humiliated him by having their children chase him out of town while throwing stones at him? And for what crime? All he had wanted to do was convey the message of the One God to His creation and seek benefit his own people.

However, although they hurt him, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) looked beyond his own wounds and forgave them, replying to the angel of the mountains he said,
‘No, do not destroy them, for I hope that Allah will bring out of their offspring people who worship Him alone without associating any partner with Him in worship.
What a beautiful excellent response. Look at the humility. The control.

The way you respond to insults has an impact on the actual image of Islam. So lose this anger, lose the bad language and become an advert for Islam. Ignore the ignorant who hate unconditionally, if someone criticises Islam and you feel you can have an intelligent conversation with them, then do so politely, they will think so differently of you, even if they don’t agree, they will respect the way you have conducted yourself.

You will promote Islam much more effectively this way if you control yourself.
That’s real faith.

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says what means in the Quran,
“Hold to forgiveness; command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant”.

He subhanahu wa ta’ala also says what means,
“And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: ‘To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.’

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said
“The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.”(Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 73 :: Hadith 135)

Asalamu aleikum

http://islamgreatreligion./2010/12/18/how-to-behave-when-someone-insults-islam/
You have all the time to write this stuff dude? You must be very jobless.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by samkoro: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Islam should covert me by explaining to me how murder practicaly takes one to heaven.I will keep asking this questions in nairaland .I know how many times my post were hidden by those who are afraid of truth.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tidytim: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel: Muhammad becomes more like Jesus and the Koran sounds more like the Bible as we move on in time. grin grin

Appears desperation and deception are tools used by the mightily embarrassed !!!

5 stars !!
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by tidytim: 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
raynold17 :
hiding posts... great @moderator

You have to understand that in a typical Islamist society, their reaction to insults is to ban all freedom of speech.

They have too much to hide that is factual.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by samkoro: 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Truckpusher: You have all the time to write this stuff dude? You must be very jobless.

Ok you deleted my post because I wrote the truth that hurts you.The reply I gave in few lines of sentences.By brother ! ! My brother .!! Truth hurts and that's it.Its not ur fault that u were born into islam. But you shall be judged for seeing falsehood and choosing falsehood.If you want delete,u will only get tired.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by adeprinze(m): 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
Clueless peeps.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Adehwale: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
karpentar: @poster Jesus Christ (I don't have to say "peace be unto him", because, he's the "prince of peace"wink thought in the holiest book on planet. "Turn the other chick". May God (not Allah) bless you in Jesus name. Amen!!!!!!
Its obviously true dat ignorance is definitely a disease...I pray u dont get to heaven before u know the truth because it will be too late by then.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by micklplus(m): 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2012
I read the two articles up there. I am not even a moslem but, I love the delivery and approach. I won't say because I am non moslem and go against a beautiful post.

I crave for all true moslems to tackle the bad eggs in your midst. the truth is, your religion is seen in a bad light especially with havoc the moslems in northern naija are wrecking.I am not judging ooo but then, What are you going to do? What are your strategies to remove your bad eggs?

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
asemota2012: What efforts have you guys made to stop your members from destroying innocent souls and compelling other religions to convert to islam?
this message will help douse the tension in the land if boko haram will accept what you wrote above.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by salmonkay: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
may ALLAH help us all
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by gramci: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
maclatunji: Maybe some of you guys are not used to active moderation. When you post on the Islam for Muslims section, kindly consider the topic and only post if you have a germane contribution.

If it is about your long held "disrespectful opinions of Muslims" kindly keep them to yourself. In addition, post must not contain insulting and vulgar words.

Thank you!

I guess you are partially blind not have seen mmmustapha's post, Mr. Active Moderator!
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
alaoeri:
The prophet doesn't said an eye fȍr an eye but rather says don't oppress & don't allow anybody to oppress u, turning cheek when the other is been slapped is mere stupidity. The statement simply means fight for υя right in this world.
good can you express hear what is the right of boko haram that they are killing? Did christians they are killing, opposed them in anyway to warrant killing as a means of expressing their right?
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by LagosShia: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
Holy Quran 22:39-40
Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory.[They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ...".

HOLY QURAN 5:32:
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.

HOLY QURAN 2:190:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 7:55:
(O mankind!) Call upon your Lord humbly and in secret. Lo! He loveth not aggressors.

HOLY QURAN 8:61:
"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that Heareth and Knoweth (all things)."

HOLY QURAN 5:2:
" , and let not the hatred of some people in (once) shutting you out of the Sacred Mosque lead you to transgression (and hostility on your part). Help ye one another in righteousness and piety, but help ye not one another in sin and rancour: fear Allah: for Allah is strict in punishment."

HOLY QURAN 41:34:
"Nor can Goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!"

HOLY QURAN 4:135:
"O ye who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do."

HOLY QURAN 16:90
"God advocates justice, charity, and regarding the relatives. And He forbids evil, vice, and transgression. He enlightens you, that you may take heed."

HOLY QURAN 16:126:
"And if ye do punish them, punish them no worse than they punished you: but if ye show patience, that is indeed the best (course) for those who are patient."

HOLY QURAN 21:107:
"And we have not sent you but as a mercy for the world"

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by LagosShia: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
hisblud: good can you express hear what is the right of boko haram that they are killing? Did christians they are killing, opposed them in anyway to warrant killing as a means of expressing their right?

boko haram have killed more muslims and northerners than christians and southerners.

someone is busy cutting himself and you are busy crying from the wound.are you for real?

you only have the right to have fear that they may bring their bloodshed down south and seek ways to stop that.

but as usual,it is all about christian missionary propaganda to win souls against Islam even if that means trading the blood of innocent christians up north who are victims of boko haram terrorism.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by aryzgreat: 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
LagosShia:
i believe the greatest weapons against every evil,ignorance and insult is knowledge.seek knowledge and you will be able to stop the missionary christians and their lies and slanders against islam that they have made as their perfect art and their way of life and one of the basis of their faiths.

if only we muslim will arm ourselves with knowledge.read the Quran and understand it.dont simply read it and memorize it like poetry.in that way you will never know what your own holy book says and what to do or reply.the best replies to the doubters and deniers are in the Holy Quran.Allah (swt) have given us every parable and the most beautiful words that can shake moutains.even as sunni and shia,our differences would be less and we will understand the truth and accept each other more if we read the Quran well,ponder upon it and understand its meanings.

additionally,get insight into their beliefs.know their different sects and denominations and what they believe.read how to counter them.listen to the debates and lectures of the likes of the great Sheikh Ahmad Deedat (may Allah have mercy on his soul),who brought down christianity in all its forms and shapes to its knees.he literally demolished christianity.listen to lectures of Professor Hajj Hassanain Rajabali.he is a prolific speaker on islamic subjects.he has debated both christians and atheists too.their videos are found on youtube.

This is d problem with muslims! the topic is how to behave when [b]SOMEONE [/b]insult islam, but u are the first to start calling xtians. Xtians have no time for islam discussion bc Muhammed is never mentioned in the bible, its u muslims dat go about scanning the bible for arguements telling xtian that they av 3 gods, that Jesus is not God. When they retaliate u will draw ur dagger to kill. Even in this thread u r d first to mention christianity, why? Buddhist, hinduist, eckaknar, pagans, Atheist all insult islam but ur headache is christianity, y not worship ur Allah and allow them worship their Jesus and on the last day we know who is on the ryt path. Ur prayer even insult xtians and other non muslim as u refer them to "people that have gone astray" who are u to judge?
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by brainpulse: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
LagosShia:

boko haram have killed more muslims and northerners than christians and southerners.

someone is busy cutting himself and you are busy crying from the wound.are you for real?

you only have the right to have fear that they may bring their bloodshed down south and seek ways to stop that.

but as usual,it is all about christian missionary propaganda to win souls against Islam even if that means trading the blood of innocent christians up north who are victims of boko haram terrorism.

You know yourself that what you wrote down are untrue and full of lies. If you dont have family members up north then some people are telling you lies. At least you have your media houses too, they report the same inhuman killings of the islamist fundamentalist. And they also come out to say they are killing for Allah, that they were sent by him.
Re: When Someone Insults Islam: How To Behave by LagosShia: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
aryzgreat:

This is d problem with muslims! the topic is how to behave when [b]SOMEONE [/b]insult islam, but u are the first to start calling xtians. Xtians have no time for islam discussion bc Muhammed is never mentioned in the bible, its u muslims dat go about scanning the bible for arguements telling xtian that they av 3 gods, that Jesus is not God. When they retaliate u will draw ur dagger to kill. Even in this thread u r d first to mention christianity, why? Buddhist, hinduist, eckaknar, pagans, Atheist all insult islam but ur headache is christianity, y not worship ur Allah and allow them worship their Jesus and on the last day we know who is on the ryt path. Ur prayer even insult xtians and other non muslim as u refer them to "people that have gone astray" who are u to judge?

in nigeria the two major religions are Islam and Christianity.

Christians are the most vulgar,rude and ignorant about Islam and nairaland is a case study.

Muhammad (sa) is "never mentioned in the bible" according to you,but you claim many other things are mentioned.why did your bible forget Muhammad (sa),when his religion and coming were major historical events more than the other trivial issues you claim are recorded in your bible? even if you believe he was fake,at least you should find something in your bible to convince us about him.but you say "never mentioned in the bible".

no one is stopping anyone from worshipping ten gods if you like.

even when we look for arguments,you dont have to be rude and insulting.

Holy Quran 6:68
And when you see those who engage in [offensive] discourse concerning Our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion. And if Satan should cause you to forget, then do not remain after the reminder with the wrongdoing people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sheik Dahiru Bauchi Defies Sultan, Holds Eid On Wednesday / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World / What Islam Says On Masturbation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.