Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu (52835 Views)

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Maurice Iwu: 'We Have Found Cure For Coronavirus' / Coronavirus: US Confirms First Death, More Cases Likely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by 0m0nnakoda: 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Silvers61(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hmmm, Iwu wuruwuru
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by BeerParlour: 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
onoja12:
what kind of stupidness is this,Nigerian government could not test this thing ,and keep it as national security assest let the american buy the drug.the stupid slave minded people we have as ministers only God would save us.america would steal it declear iwe works as a fake then turn around to release it for Nigeria to buy.

2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by ttmacoy: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Don't wait for the US. If you truly believe it works, test it locally and use for your own people.

Also given it's a flu virus, there can't be a cure but more a vaccine to prevent the spread same as other flu vaccines. All indications show that most people will recover from this virus, aside those who have compromised immune systems such as the elderly or people already suffering from other underlying issues etc. The average healthy person will recover.

chatinent:
The US will reject it until the invention hails from their grounds.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by blowjohn(m): 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
BeerParlour:

The man have been calling on Nigerian government to invest money so they research more for it but Nigerian government no send, people started calling him fraudster.

But maurice iwu cannot tell us he doesn't have the money or that we dont have pharmaceutical companies in nigeria or Africa that can handle it
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by BeerParlour: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
blowjohn:

But maurice iwu cannot tell us he doesn't have the money or that we dont have pharmaceutical companies in nigeria or Africa that can handle it

I don't know

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Ustec: 5:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
FrLukas:
Why do we need to have the drug tested in the US?

Are we saying we don't have labs that can test its efficacy in Nigeria?

Once the drug passes the test, they'll probably modify it to become better and claim the glory, unless...

I sure hope it cures Covid19 or whatever they call it.
Modify ko, editing ni undecided
It's patent already.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by mechanics(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Okay, we are waiting for the result.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by blowjohn(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
BeerParlour:

I don't know

Let me pose the question to u.
If it were to be u, will u wait for federal government?
Even if na to enter another African country or borrow money from family friends, u no go run go any big Pharmaceutical company?
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by CYBERWEAVER(m): 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Okuda:

this thread was not about tribe or its like. but he stupidly brought that in to derail the thread. when you see stupidity from afar, you would just kmpw...
Though stupid but that's true
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Origin(f): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ok o. that is to say we should scrap NAFDAC. Or is their job only to be issuing paper licence.

Is it not to pick a rat. Give it to the Italian in Lagos to kiss. Give it to Prof to administer medicine and check if rat is negative And maybe still alive.

Didn't a dog just get the corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by jaxxy(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hope it works
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by einsteine(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Audio testing
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by onoja12: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
yes i do because i know the system most likely far better than you,Nigerian scientist have alway had the cure for most sickness,the cure for hiv has been found in Nigeria for over 10 years,the then minister of health refuse to accept it because the doctor refuse to hand it over to america,so it isnt today this slave mentality has been going on,so also do we have the cure to ebola the white know this that is why japan has quickly signed a deal to fund ncda

0m0nnakoda:

Are you that gullible?
Do you believe everything you read?
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by BeerParlour: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
blowjohn:

Let me pose the question to u.
If it were to be u, will u wait for federal government?
Even if na to enter another African country or borrow money from family friends, u no go run go any big Pharmaceutical company?

Your question is childish, you should know huge money is involved,
This is virus related case.

2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
That's a good development
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by InvertedHammer: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
/
All I know is that before the end of April, Coronavirus will magically disappear even in the news. How did Ebola, bird flu and SARS disappear? No vaccines. No cure....just disappeared into thin air.

Some people are trying to cause a rout in the system so that they can buy in cheap. It is the redistribution of wealth at work usually superseded by a concocted global threat.

\
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by pacespot(m): 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
chatinent:

Do you need USA to confirm your invention for you? Use the drug to treat confirmed cases of corona virus in Nigeria and the world will see whether it is genuine or not
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by blowjohn(m): 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
BeerParlour:

Your question is childish, you should know huge money is involved,
This is virus related case.

Ur answer is childish.
U should know pharmaceutical companies are ready to take the risk
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Origin:
Ok o. that is to say we should scrap NAFDAC. Or is their job only to be issuing paper licence.

Is it not to pick a rat. Give it to the Italian in Lagos to kiss. Give it to Prof to administer medicine and check if rat is negative And maybe still alive.

Didn't a dog just get the corona virus
Aunty why now? Why you wan burst my belle grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ustec:

Modify ko, editing ni undecided
It's patent already.

What is patent?

How many Corona patients has it been tested upon?

No be only patent. Na patient.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Isoduwa(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:

U don't need to know what are my achievement buh I'm definitely not u whose only goal and achievement in life is asslicking policitians just for a chicken fee of 30k/month

Ride on pastor
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Augiiee(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

I will take this news with a pinch of salt

Experience they say is the best teacher, I will never shallow hook, line and sinker whatever this lying gov't and her appointees say

Don't be surprised if a statement is issued by the minister in the evening denying to have said such
Enemy of progress
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Sapphire94: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Inspectorsuga22:
Igbo amaka...
Unlike a region that all they could offer to Nigeria is terrorism...

Terrorism and Cattle
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by jclassiq(m): 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
CYBERWEAVER:
Iwu is not wise at all, just imagine US testing your chemical compound.
I don't want to hear theft kai

Its patented.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

I will take this news with a pinch of salt

Experience they say is the best teacher, I will never shallow hook, line and sinker whatever this lying gov't and her appointees say

Don't be surprised if a statement is issued by the minister in the evening denying to have said such

That's because you don't know Prof Iwu. Iwu is a pharmacist and a professor of pharmacognosy. He has been into private research for years even before he became INEC chairman. He has a private research centre in Nsukka. He knows his onions

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by frog12: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
i read that iwu's full article on sun news. i think vanguard sensationalise it. but we must fault iwu for not working with the chinese. if he thinks he has a cure for sars or related virus , then work the govt most affected.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
i reserve my comment.

until they tell us the result of the test.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by 0m0nnakoda: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
frog12:
i read that iwu's full article on sun news. i think vanguard sensationalise it. but we must fault iwu for not working with the chinese. if he thinks he has a cure for sars or related virus , then work the govt most affected.

The man is a fraud

No long am
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Gallagher01: 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

What is patent?

How many Corona patients has it been tested upon?

No be only patent. Na patient.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by Clinghton: 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
If it works they might modify it and claim responsible for the invention.

Why can't he test it here.
Re: Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu by decub: 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
chatinent:
Nice observation. But why take it to the States when he can work with Pharmacists here to determine the efficacy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SEE What Is Remained Of The Lady Her Police Husband Set On Fire (photos) / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? / Madagascar Records First Coronavirus Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.