Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? (67690 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by kimco(m): 1:45am On Mar 08, 2020
tripplephi:

Hmmm you have strong points sir, BUT we must understand one thing, NIGERIA IS AN EXAGGERATIVE STATE, meaning we go to the extreme with whatever we copy from the western world.

also sir I NEVER SAID LOVE FADES, my narrative was simply to attack what we call LOVE, for BUTTERFLIES WILL ALWAYS FLY AWAY, and all the horniness and hormones will calm down.... THIS IS WHERE LOVE IS REDEFINED (if from the beginning it was not defined). LOVE IS NOT A FEELING, but a FILLING- LOVE is not feeling I need you, but taking the responsibility of joyfully FILLING a need in you no matter what.
Love is a herculean responsibility and choice despite age, circumstances, body shape, odour and health/financial status. The ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY has subtly but deeply ruined and perverted the definition of Love for our generation. So it is painted as EROTIC FINANCIAL freedom rather than RESPONSIBILITY, SACRIFICES, CLEAR TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION, BATTLES, VICTORIES and some losses, etc.

SUBMISSION sir, has been grossly misunderstood and mistaken for SLAVERY. Hence HOUSEWIVES soon see themselves as SEX SLAVES or BABY FACTORIES. This is why our society is filled with damaged adults. Many even value their moms' far more than their fathers' because they spend more time with the Mother than they even see their busy workaholic father.

Let me balance SUBMISSION in a bit. Submission is simply MUTUAL RESPECT, yes o. Women are powerful and men must respect that they process things differently. Women must understand that MEN are not only powerful, they are the PILOT/CAPTAIN of the SHIP... AS Such decisiveness is in our nature and we are meant to be LOGICAL. Women are meant to be emotional. AND ALLOWING EACH OTHER BE WHO THEY CAN BE FOR THE PEACE AND UNITY IN THE HOME, IS ACTUALLY SUBMISSION. Where submission got misunderstood was in the simple quest for CONTROL. Most men and women need to master the art of our grand mothers, the art of LEADING WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE.

Equality is also misunderstood. Being EQUALS do not mean having same responsibility or being TWINS. So the simple BALANCE of all things is this....

MEN SHOULD LET WOMEN BE EMOTIONAL LEADERS
WOMEN SHOULD ALLOW THEIR MEN BE LOGICAL

then both should compromise for each other with UNDERSTANDING. grin grin grin grin grin
Children from such homes will be sooooooooooooo balanced and very fast achieve greatness in Life because they would know how to handle things from their area of strength and how to work with people no matter how damaged the people may be.

I hope it is simple and easy for anyone reading to apply.
Swinger60

Well done. Articulated it even better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
philip0906:

Bullocks!

Because it is 2020, means submission should be thrown out the window? Go and look for a man, who'll lick your azz and then when you're tired, you can kick his butt out.

ALL successful marriages EVERYWHERE in the world, has always been a blend of; Husbands loving their wives and been faithful and wives in turn, submitting to their husbands.

2020, 2030, 2040 will NEVER change this fundamental principle that has been applied to ALL successful marriages.

That you're forming woke, won't change that. So shove your lonely, feminist, sadistic and senseless opinion, up your butt.
Sad sad man. Whoever hurt you did a good job. And you wish submission was a thing. In 2020? Lmao. You might as well go back to being a caveman. Won't be surprised that you're a rapist. Proud oppressor. Eww.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by philip0906(m): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

[s]Sad sad man. Whoever hurt you did a good job. And you wish submission was a thing. In 2020? Lmao. You might as well go back to being a caveman. Won't be surprised that you're a rapist. Proud oppressor. Eww[/s].
Common sharap! You dey form man hater...ozwor!

Loneliness wan kee you finish...bingo!
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
philip0906:

Common sharap! You dey form man hater...ozwor!

Loneliness wan kee you finish...bingo!
Boo hoo. Save your tears for years after your marriage when you come here to tell us your wife is not longer washing your ass after you take a shit grin
These women faking submissive are dealing with y'all and I loooove to see it.
Go learn to cook and be a romantic, responsible man so your marriage will last. Toxic masculinity has no place in 2020. Lazy pig. Your father failed.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by philip0906(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

[s]Boo hoo. Save your tears for years after your marriage when you come here to tell us your wife is not longer washing your ass after you take a shit grin
These women faking submissive are dealing with y'all and I loooove to see it.
Go learn to cook and be a romantic, responsible man so your marriage will last. Toxic masculinity has no place in 2020. Lazy pig. Your father failed[/s].
You ramble rouser...love has failed you, you have turned to man hating as an anti depressant..
Ediota

Gladly, life doesn't revolve around your lonely, sadistic, failed and miserable loveless life to be taken serious...

I only quoted you to remind you that you're a looser already and make mockery of your whinning, groaning and gnashing of teeth.

Even your elders in the game of man hating, are gradually fading into oblivion or retracing their steps...you are still a learner

Bingo!
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
philip0906:

You ramble rouser...love has failed you, you have turned to man hating as an anti depressant..
Ediota

Gladly, life doesn't revolve around your lonely, sadistic, failed and miserable loveless life to be taken serious...

I only quoted you to remind you that you're a looser already and make mockery of your whinning, groaning and gnashing of teeth.

Even your elders in the game of man hating, are gradually fading into oblivion or retracing their steps...you are still a learner

Bingo!
Okay o
Lmfao. You go heal. You go grow. Goodnight.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
tripplephi:

Hmmm you have strong points sir, BUT we must understand one thing, NIGERIA IS AN EXAGGERATIVE STATE, meaning we go to the extreme with whatever we copy from the western world.

also sir I NEVER SAID LOVE FADES, my narrative was simply to attack what we call LOVE, for BUTTERFLIES WILL ALWAYS FLY AWAY, and all the horniness and hormones will calm down.... THIS IS WHERE LOVE IS REDEFINED (if from the beginning it was not defined). LOVE IS NOT A FEELING, but a FILLING- LOVE is not feeling I need you, but taking the responsibility of joyfully FILLING a need in you no matter what.
Love is a herculean responsibility and choice despite age, circumstances, body shape, odour and health/financial status. The ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY has subtly but deeply ruined and perverted the definition of Love for our generation. So it is painted as EROTIC FINANCIAL freedom rather than RESPONSIBILITY, SACRIFICES, CLEAR TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION, BATTLES, VICTORIES and some losses, etc.

SUBMISSION sir, has been grossly misunderstood and mistaken for SLAVERY. Hence HOUSEWIVES soon see themselves as SEX SLAVES or BABY FACTORIES. This is why our society is filled with damaged adults. Many even value their moms' far more than their fathers' because they spend more time with the Mother than they even see their busy workaholic father.

Let me balance SUBMISSION in a bit. Submission is simply MUTUAL RESPECT, yes o. Women are powerful and men must respect that they process things differently. Women must understand that MEN are not only powerful, they are the PILOT/CAPTAIN of the SHIP... AS Such decisiveness is in our nature and we are meant to be LOGICAL. Women are meant to be emotional. AND ALLOWING EACH OTHER BE WHO THEY CAN BE FOR THE PEACE AND UNITY IN THE HOME, IS ACTUALLY SUBMISSION. Where submission got misunderstood was in the simple quest for CONTROL. Most men and women need to master the art of our grand mothers, the art of LEADING WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN CHARGE.

Equality is also misunderstood. Being EQUALS do not mean having same responsibility or being TWINS. So the simple BALANCE of all things is this....

MEN SHOULD LET WOMEN BE EMOTIONAL LEADERS
WOMEN SHOULD ALLOW THEIR MEN BE LOGICAL

then both should compromise for each other with UNDERSTANDING. grin grin grin grin grin
Children from such homes will be sooooooooooooo balanced and very fast achieve greatness in Life because they would know how to handle things from their area of strength and how to work with people no matter how damaged the people may be.

I hope it is simple and easy for anyone reading to apply.
Swinger60
Logical gender wrote this shit. Lmfao. Y'all really think highly of yourselves.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by tripplephi: 12:35am On Mar 10, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

Logical gender wrote this shit. Lmfao. Y'all really think highly of yourselves.

IF YOU ARE AN EMOTIONAL GENDER, simply write yours.

Your comment benefits no one unless it can help us understand you better.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Ivebeenbanned(f): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2020
tripplephi:

IF YOU ARE AN EMOTIONAL GENDER, simply write yours.

Your comment benefits no one unless it can help us understand you better.

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Sexyliciousbri: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2020
I think the hardest part is just letting each other be who they are, and not controlling each other. It is not about ownership. You should be able to just be yourself.
The other is finanaces. You both need to be working together with the money, not one spending as fast as you make it. Work together for future plans. Not just for today if you can.
This is important also. Stay out of debt if you can because it can cause alot of problems when you owe everyone. Never lie to each other. Honesty is the best policy. Hope this helps.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Greatzeus(m): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2020
SassyGem101:
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.
You have sense no be lie,those are wise words
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Hullabaloon: 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
byinks:

I wish all husbands were as ball less as you..

The typical male sees side chicks and away match as right of passage

Rite of passage tongue

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by DexterousOne(m): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Ekakamba:

Person wey get sense go press Ctrl + S for him brain after reading this. cool

Yap

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Kingpele(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author=Candanyl post=87220412]

please how did you sustain the love .im eafer to know o.Are you a nigerian?[ yea am a Nigerian and lives in Nigeria, to answer your question, it is by the grace of God with the knowledge of treat your spouse as u want to be treated, do to her and behind her what u will be happy if u found her doing to you and behind your back, the fear of God is always the bedrock of fulfill marital bliss

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:06pm On Feb 02, 2021
Davesaves:
So because it's 2020 u shouldn't submit to ur husband? pls sister forget marriage.. it's not ur calling ( i'm being very honest here)
ur comments are quite interesting. Good to see how u tink..submission is a mystery though. Only those in the Spirit will understand and obey. Though women are spectical because the person asking them to do is may not be anointed or a person of the Spirit so the wanting to protect themselves,not to take the risk of making a mistake causes them not to want to subh
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2021
Davesaves:
So because it's 2020 u shouldn't submit to ur husband? pls sister forget marriage.. it's not ur calling ( i'm being very honest here)
ur comments are quite interesting. Good to see how u tink..submission is a mystery though. Only those in the Spirit will understand and obey. Though women are spectical because the person asking them to do is may not be anointed or a person of the Spirit so the wanting to protect themselves,not to take the risk of making a mistake causes them not to want to submit

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Will Be Your Reaction If You Caught Your Son Doing This. / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.