Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? (67714 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by okedoyinolabisi(f): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
zed7:
Successful marriages are successful because one or both parties put sentiments aside. Marry whom you like, not necessarily love. Don't go for beauty or shape or wealth, go for compatibility, similar values, one whom you know will give you peace and you're good to go.
However a man or woman has to like his or her spouse. Having the best partner in the world without being attracted to them will not work.
As for the question, the hardest part of marriage is staying faithful for most men and remaining submissive for most women, especially this generation of women. It's not easy to be earning your own income and not be forced to disregard or challenge your husband from time to time.
This here... is the undiluted truth

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by AkaseGold: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
Communication is very vital in marriage. Some people can't even be romantic even if their lives depended on it. Lol!. Some husband's even forget their marriage anniversary or even their wife's birthday. Hmm! Anyway, one  way  to make your partner  always feel special is to  text romantic messages to them randomly.  I've been using a messaging platform to schedule and send my messages automatically wether I'm online or offline at a very cheap rate. Creating an account is free at https://app.ozioma.net  Hope this will be of help.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Kabaka100: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:
Financial compatibility....

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

This is a silent home breaker especially for the middle income spouses.

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

This is a big p,no one talks abt

People think that only a business requires financial plan. A marriage also requires a strict financial plan to make the marriage work successfully like having a joint account, investmentvacciunt, emergency account. All these account has to have an agreed monthly contribution and withdrawal limit per spouse.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by proclinician: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Fragility6:

You jst learn the word Preposterous? Which one u dey use am steady since last week. Shuu

Hmmm i am surprised you got the spelling and the way the P letter is in upper case shows autocorrect helped u. To think my caliber of man just learned of an everyday word as preposterous shows you need to grow up in learning.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
proclinician:

This is preposterous

Hell know this is ridiculous

How can you make these inferences about someone u don't know you jealousy stricken dimwit.

Haha! I don't know her yeah right! But her online personality just like yours reeks of toxicity and acrimonious fumes. Spit on both of you.
Ass hole.
Don't mention me again.
Hell hath no fury.......

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Kingpele(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
Well being married for 9 years now makes me to come to the conclusion only God can keep legally married people happy throughout the duration of the marriage, am still very much in love with my wife and whenever we made love is like the first time, again faithfulness in marriage helps a lot to keep a couple attracted to each other till the end of time

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Honeydenz(f): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
Finance.

Marriage is filled with responsibilities, too much responsibilities. Dating is far sweeter than married life except of course there's plenty of money.

No wonder most guys avoid getting married. It's no a child's play at all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by CoolAmbience(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:
Marriage is friendship between two individuals that are attracted to each other. The moment singles begin to think that way, you'll enjoy ur marriage...or what do u think married people do? They talk. Cose at a stage, you will be used to ur spouses fine face that it will become normal to you. The backside and front side won't freak u again, the breast may have fallen sef. Sex when ure 50 is going to be very rare. If you guys aren't friends, you're in for boredom......

U don talk am finish.

Nothing dey to talk again.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Fragility6: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
proclinician:

Hmmm i am surprised you got the spelling and the way the P letter is in upper case shows autocorrect helped u. To think my caliber of man just learned of an everyday word as preposterous shows you need to grow up in learning.
Speaking big grammar doesn't mean you are grown up Mr. Oh yes auto correct helped me ominiknowest

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by ElvisPresley(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2020
I just love Women.

7 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Staying faithful for men and staying happy for women.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by chinchonglee(m): 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:
Well...I'm not married but I'll say...[s]the hardest part is having to wake up everyday of your life to the same face which tends to become boring. Now no matter the initial butterflies in your belly thing, you'll get bored at some point and the only thing that can keep you going is your commitment to be with them and the fear of God. If you lack this two virtues, there's going to be a big problem especially if you are the type that likes meeting new people.[/s]

Another part it gets hard is where the niti gritty of marriage hits you. Like taking care of the responsibiity of the home especially the financial aspect. In fact before you know it, you'll wear out to the point you won't even remember how you guys started. This is not to scare you but its a fact I've seen in many homes that has made me begin to plan my marriage life in a way I won't have to be totally caught up in that hard part. Hmm....let me just stop here.

Please on a more serious note, if you must marry, prepare your mind to face these things otherwise you'll freak out before it even begins. Or stay away from it.
I have seen a lot of marriages and I wonder what happened to the initial " I love yous" and all that. Though still learning.

Dem say, nor be eye wen person take do girlfriend and boyfriend na him dem dey take do marriage ooo.
you jst decided to say trash... what does meeting new people have to do waking up with ur husband everyday.

is your definition of meeting new people sleeping on the same bed with the new people

are you a runs girl?

6 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by A305: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lamanii22:
Staying faithful.... I respect my mom on that part... She's so faithful to my dad, truss me some other women would have left since or cheated.. I wanna be like her...
Your mom has no financial freedom hence the loyalty, Tell your story to a woman on the same financial level as her husband.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Cleaning after your partner. Dem doing things that disgust u like peeing on the toilet sit...jeeez... Financial obligations is even the easy part.. Na all those small small things that irritate one.

Eg, just wanna rest but he wanna touch touch, jeez.

10 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Dextre(m): 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
bigpicture001:
Financial compatibility....

This does not mean being rich by the guy,instead it means being able to share na be of help financially in marriage..,.

Women are non not to be supportive in this aspect nd that see it as their right....

This is a silent home breaker especially for the middle income spouses.

A guy I know divorced his wife straight after sh delivered of their first child... He saved for the D- day..but still fell short of 95k cuz there was complication of deliverering that no one expected.....

While he run from pillar to post to his friends seeking a soft loan pending wen he is paid..the wife still held at the hospital sent her younger sis,who stays with them to secretly go to the house go nd to her matrimonial room nd collect the 65k sh kept in her bag b4 d hubby mistakenly sees it

Unfortunately for her the hubby went home nd met his teenage in law with 65k cash....sh TLD him her elder sis instruction....

He was shocked...nd told the gal to go ahead nd deposit d money to d wife's bank as sh was instructed by her. He continued his nuzzle nd two days later he got them out of the hospital paying 126k additional from the first delivery cost...

Sh came back home nd can't look him in the eyes...quarell after quarelk ensued DT led to divorce exactly one month later....

Gals of this days are too stingy nd mny of them take d Character into marriages.....never ever Marry a lady DT will not b supportive..as a guy,u can't solve all them financial problems in marriage...

This is a big p,no one talks abt

Good info my brother..really insightful
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Mazikic(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Marriage is just a formalized Ponzi scheme!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by professore(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Nice topic.
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
A305:
Your mom has no financial freedom hence the loyalty, Tell your story to a woman on the same financial level as her husband.
I tell you. Most of these seemingly meek loyal women are so cos they have nothing to fall back on, so they can swallow nonsense.

21 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by libertyfather(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Marriage is a scam

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by GboyegaD(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
I think the adjustment is one of the challenges. Most times, both party tends to tolerate one another and make necessary adjustments. You just need to grow up into reality and address the root cause of your issues.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by merryossai(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
That every woman will give you troubles, that you just have to marry d one whose troubles you are ready to tolerate.

#My experience so far from my first relationship

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by jaxxy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Knowing who u married b4 u married them. I hope u grab To avoid kinda stories we see here
Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by adanny01(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.

The hardest part for me is for husband having kids in the picture.

Children affect everything in marriage.

All the fun is taken away unless the couple are very understanding and can find getaways to keep the relationship alive.

Children affect sex, priorities, finances, free time, and even love.

14 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by proclinician: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Fragility6:

Speaking big grammar doesn't mean you are grown up Mr. Oh yes auto correct helped me ominiknowest

1 Like

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Garlay: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
A loyal and submissive women have no course to be scared of an unending love. beauty will surely fade away but good character will keep you important always in the heart of a good man

13 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by Fragility6: 1:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
proclinician:

Lol....u neva learn new word 2day? Throw one cum na. Scoffs

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by A305: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I tell you. Most of these seemingly meek loyal women are so cos they have nothing to fall back on, so they can swallow nonsense.
Correct! I'm deep into studying ADULTERY as a course - You stated nothing but the truth.

9 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by proclinician: 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
SassyGem101:

Haha! I don't know her yeah right! But her online personality just like yours reeks of toxicity and acrimonious fumes. Spit on both of you.
Ass hole.
Don't mention me again.
Hell hath no fury.......

Lol hell hath no fury like a pathetic bitter and worthless loser. Look at this one. Your quest for attention here reeks of gross emptiness and that's why you're so loud like an empty vessel, deranged, frsutrated to the marrows and non compos mentis. Pls I've noticed you ok so be gone forever poor fool.

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by franchasng: 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
For me I feel staying in love is so much more difficult than falling in love....Every reasonable opinions counts.
for men it's staying faithful because after you marry as a man, you will start seeing hotter ladies no matter how beautiful your wife is, and this is what lead so many financially able men to marry too many wives and keeping too many mistresses cry

For ladies it's staying loyal and respectful no matter the financial situation of the husband.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by vickydevoka(m): 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
When ur single n rich with all u niggers around u balling all day, u will think lyf is sweet. Buh de are Moment u marry, broda! With ur wife wahala n her family wahala (80% of people experience dis) lyf will become so fustrating that u will feel lyk divorcing her.

16 Likes

Re: What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? by eddyvilla: 1:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
zed7:
Successful marriages are successful because one or both parties put sentiments aside. Marry whom you like, not necessarily love. Don't go for beauty or shape or wealth, go for compatibility, similar values, one whom you know will give you peace and you're good to go.
However a man or woman has to like his or her spouse. Having the best partner in the world without being attracted to them will not work.
As for the question, the hardest part of marriage is staying faithful for most men and remaining submissive for most women, especially this generation of women. It's not easy to be earning your own income and not be forced to disregard or challenge your husband from time to time.

I doubt if this person is married

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Beautiful Dwarf With Her Kids And Her Twin Sister (Photos) / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.